/scg/, /edg/: Star Citizen and Elite Dangerous General

Thread #10: Gamescom SOON edition

>What is this?

Merge general of Elite Dangerous and Star Citizen

>Elite: Dangerous information pastebin. Update as needed.
pastebin.com/ZT9GWmaC

Gamescom info (I think?):
community.elitedangerous.com/eventseason16

-----------------------------------------------------------
>Star Citizen information pastebin. Update as needed.
pastebin.com/UNEJYGHp
>2.5 is PTU now btw
>Freefly for anyone willing to try soon™

SC has a gamescom Idris booth being setup. Details about their event here:
robertsspaceindustries.com/comm-link/transmission/15451-Gamescom-2016-Details

-----------------------------------------------------------
>other games
if it doesn't have a general, come on in. just don't get upset about sharing.
Here's a pastebin with games you can play while waiting for SC to be finished or for E:D to be fun:
pastebin.com/cugkem8w

Last thread: OK people. Do not get on the hype trains. Keep low expectations to not be dissapointed, as I'm sure SCfags know this well anyway. Also, expect many of the people from many months past to come back and shitpost. Avoid the bait so that we can stay /comfy/ although you guys seem to do a good job at that already. Keep it up bruvs.

Other urls found in this thread:

steamspy.com/app/275850
youtube.com/watch?v=W1Jw7Kx80f4&index=41&list=PLKKQy01wKk4YpzmJaoe6v9ggRu9mtPCVV
kwikpit.com/ezemod.htm
youtube.com/watch?v=de78Odrw6KE
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

1st for vibshin

First for SC booth

2nd for niggers on a stick called my dick

Did you post the right OP image?

Yes. I try not to post specific images to either game and I've run out of E:D and SC mashups since thread #4. Now I post SOON because soon,

I see nmsg has descended into 'I don't care if it's a shit game, I'm having fun'.

Remerge soon.

It costs too much, it needed another year of development but was forced out do to it's publisher and only the exploration gameplay is decent.

Feel free to remove some of the ED-related aspects of this image and add SC ones. This is a classic dadgerous image, wouldn't want it to go to waste.

I have a few more that I'll post.

>remerge

With the tremendous amount of salt and shitposting I saw, I hope not. Kicking them out what the best shit we could've done. Now, if hey truly do begin dying and most of their shitposters die off I'd have no problem with it.

>Now, if hey truly do begin dying and most of their shitposters die off I'd have no problem with it

That's what happened to /scg/ and /edg/

When will ED add waifu?

it took us like 3 years for this to happen

I don't see a merge happening anytime soon steamspy.com/app/275850

Korean grindfest question.

Are naval missions always demanding allied from the sub faction giving them? Does drac 17 hand out naval ascension?

Sadly most of our shitposters with SCAM and NEVER are from /scg/. and as has said, even through periods of time that both threads often died, it took fucking forever.

So are they going to add more SRVs other than just the scarab? Would love a combat focused rover, and preferably less shitty controls.

So will the borders shift in Star Citizen? Like, will lawless space sometimes become lawful and vice-versa?

We all know the UEE is an analogy of the Roman Empire, and Terra seems to be an analogy of Constantinople, will the UEE split into two with Earth eventually being sacked like Rome?

this sounds more /v/ than /scg/

I want to be able to drive a big tank SV off the Anaconda's ramp.

we can't just blame /v/ for everything. As a person who survived that shit, it was just us. We had the occasional /v/ thread link, but it was just people from the thread posting the same bait with the same replies with the same Org shit and fur posting and scam and never and all things under the sun. It's clear almost all of them lost interest, but that took months of the thread simply not being there.

That's simply just how we were.

Reminder that they're removing the HUD from helmets and migrating a lot of the information down to MFDs that sit outside of your field of view, forcing you to use freelok (And lose control of your ship) next patch

Either they have to dump the idea or -completely- redo the cockpits in all of the ships

that'd be dank
like a cooler empyrean age

Holy shit boys, I just finished my first Sothis run in the little Adder that could.

Took 2 hours, got jumped by NPC pirates a bunch, had to scoop a tank of fuel every ~6 jumps, but I made it back with 23 tons of cargo and made myself a sweet 4.5M CR.

Stoked.
What new toys shall I buy?

an asp

Ibuprofen

Why not both?

You could probably outfit a usable Cobra MkIII.

Try not to crash when you boost. Motherfucker's fast.

Wow. As if it needed any more reasons to be shit, latest test server patch removes the gun hardpoint from one of the reliant's wings. No idea if it's a bug or intended yet.

this is probably the last straw for CIG I can't believe they keep doing this shit I'm outta here

Why do you still own that piece of shit? The only cool thing about it is that it has a cool explosion look and sound, which you'll luckily hear and see often.

It is intentional.

The tractor beam on the hardpoint he is talking about, that has always meant to be swappable for gunz

Because it's the test server and it doesn't matter? Also waiting till they patch to live to actually upgrade away just in case they raise the price again for the flight ready sale.

I know, other wise it there would be another hard point for a gimbal.

So, how would you all balance ships like the Reliant Kore or some of the cheap but shitty ED ships. Is there a way to balance them aside from price? Are they forever left to RP purposes? Or perhaps relegated to a non-scaling manner in which their main use is for newbies or in safe areas?

I'm not sure what that first user is implying then, is he saying that you can no longer put ANYTHING on that wing?

Keelback needs to be tougher and maneuver better, especially given it has those huge fuck-off gimbaled thrusters.

I have no idea how you'd fix the Cobra MkIV. It's a train wreck.

I can't get over the detail in the eyes, man.

They just need to implement armour and the way ships fall apart better. Right now some ships are just at a hilarious advantage due to elements that were never intended in their design. As they develop locational damage and armour, they'll be able to fine tune shit like this, so ships with wackier designs don't just fall to pieces in the way they do.

This is awe inspiring.

It's like vogon poetry.

I refuse to believe that whatever creature spawned this had any intention but making the most terrible piece of writing in existence.

So there were two size 1's one the wings, and two size 3's one the wing tips.
They removed one the size 3's so that it reflects the specs. They say tractor beam but that was just the stock equipment, its really just a hard point.

the option to put anything there is gone and there's a couple bug reports made about it. Some are claiming it's just part of the 'random hard points disappearing' bug but seems odd that it's always the same wing and happening to multiple people and I've never seen that bug happen to a gun hard point on other ships, only missile pylons.

No, I've gotten them from friendly.

Yes, I did every ascension from there to make a few extra mil each time (always long haul, hope you got cargo space).

If you're cycling to pop the mission, try donating for a while longer, mine never popped until I was 5% into the next rank, then they were always present.

Just give me a hoverer thing, fdev clearly cannot into ground controls.

Let me add onto what I'm asking. How would you balance a ship which is clearly outclassed by contemporaries? Especially those ships that aren't much different in price. For example, I never felt the need to fly ships such as the Adder in ED. Skipped over it entirely to get the Viper. I feel that certain ships follow that pokemon mantra, where it may not be great but you only use it because you like it a lot.

I can't think of any obvious examples in SC aside from the reliant.

Yes. No idea when or what kinds, but they've said there will be more. I'd like a Wipeout style srv that hovers and it for racing/fast exploration. That and large, industrial style srvs that will only fit in size 4 and 6 slots, but can carry a lot and is equipped to mine/drill into a planet to get resources.

It's just as terrible the second time.

Bought a Type-6 with plenty of coin to spare. Comfy space trucking here I come.
Fit it out with a 4-A drive. Lots of cargo room.
However, whenever I set up a 'fastest' route to jump, it keeps telling me that while the jump should be in my range and the course is plotted, it's going to use more fuel than the jump limit (3T) when I spool up. How do I unfuck this? Or change the map to make smaller jumps?

Well, again speaking about SC because I don't know anything about ED, these are the ships that will be filling the universe, some are cheaper than others, also availability will mean not all will be on sale at all vendors.

There are plenty of pros and cons in there, such as trading (how big is the cargo hold), how much damage a ship can take (shields etc), the signature system, if it has a bed, missiles vs conventional weapon hardpoints and so on.

Most players aren't min-maxers who just want the absolute best stats for pure dogfighting. See how popular the Mustang Beta is just for being NEET as fuck.

So yeah, its roleplaying.

I AM SOTHIS RUN.
MANY MONES
WHAT SPEND MY MILLIONS ON?

A good friend just gave me $100 for my birthday, so I went and ordered a CH Fighter Stick for Star Citizen and Elite Dangerous. I will buy the throttle later and eventually some pedals. Any recommendations regarding control layouts in the aforementioned games, particularly since it might be a few weeks before I get a throttle?

I almost fell for the Saitek X-56 due to its extra analog stick, but thank God I watched and read reviews first. Saitek is pretty much trash these days apparently.

Re-plot the route. If you change stuff in your ship after plotting a route it won't auto-update to the new mass of your ship. Remember the Type 6 is a nice trade ship but an Asp will easily outrun it and mass lock it, so if one chases you high-wake out and outmaneuver them while your drives charge up. If you just boost away and wait to jump you will get destroyed.

Can you twist that stick for roll? If not, pretty shit.

Tradeaconda. If you have that, Corvette or Cutter. If you have that, outfitting killvette. If you have that, literally nothing.

I loved the T6. I converted it into an explorer type when I got bored.

I think I'm still parked somewhere out close to the core when Powers was announced.

Are you routing single jumps? That's the only way I could see you getting that message. If you want to travel beyond your ship's immediate range you have to select to "plot" a route in the galaxy map.

It's been very long since I've been in a lowrange ship. Are you carrying enough fuel?

also i am pretty drunk sorry

In SC stick plus keyboard works well. I almost prefer it to HOTAS because on my keyboard I can control rolling and strafing much more easily than my throttle. In ED, I believe that KBM is superior to stick aside from immersion sake.

twisting should be for yaw if anything

mostly just adding or upgrading hardpoints and tweaking speed/agility.

Aurora- delete all auroras but the LN

Mustang- Alpha is fine, Beta gets pylon mounts,
Delta gets S3 shields, Gamma gets a nose turret

Avenger- add a custom energy weapon option for nose mount

300i- fix the damn interior to be what it was advertised as. Make the hull a bit tougher.

Reliant- Make wings much more durable. Buff yaw movement. figure out way to allow seat exit in vertical mode.

Gladius-change wings to S3s

Cutlass- rebuild from scratch.

M50- double the number of missiles, add a pair of S1 guns

Hornet- Make turret-less Hornets a bit faster.

Freelancer- Fix fucking view. Slight speed increase.

Gladator- buff turret guns to S2, bump combat speed up to 200m/s

Retailator- buff speed/agility/hull strength Add a pair of s5 hard points controlled by pilot.

Vanguard- rebuild from scratch.

Khartu-Al- buff speed and agility. Add a pair of S2 hard points.

Daily Reminder: Empire is best faction

That did it. Thanks, I plotted before grabbing cargo and it must have fucked up.

Trying to get back into E:D, got all my controls mapped the way I remember them, but I have a question.

My throttle seems to work as;
push throttle forward (in any position) -> more throttle

pull throttle back -> less throttle

is there any way to instead map my throttle to the position of the physical throttle? Like, halfway forward=half throttle?

>I believe that KBM is superior to stick aside from immersion sake.
I've been using a controller.
Am I full retard?

>wanting the empire and, by proxy, dads to win

remove dad

As someone who owns both the ch stick and throttle, I'd have gotten the throttle first.

Also avoid the CH pedals, they're terrible.

>forthright
not fortnight

If you're just relaxing and not dong pvp, no. But if you're trying pvp with a controller than yes, you've gone full retard.

CH doesn't have a twist function.
Also I'd much rather have z axis mapped to roll for space games.

Real military fighters do not have any twist function on their sticks. That is what pedals are for. Putting twist on the stick makes them too prone for accidental inputs which is why high end sticks do not have that feature (and anything made by Saitek is not going to be high end).

You lose an entire axis of motion by using a controller.

youtube.com/watch?v=W1Jw7Kx80f4&index=41&list=PLKKQy01wKk4YpzmJaoe6v9ggRu9mtPCVV

Being weighed down by cargo reduces your range, so yeah, what was a jump on the edge of your range while empty now requires more fuel than you can dump into the drive in a single go.

Only plot after you've loaded up, or use the cargo slider in the galaxy map course plotter if you know exactly how much you plan to carry.

>retaliator
needs reworked interior

That thing has a cat toy as a middle section...

don't talk to me or my son ever again

Fuck whoever designed the in-game version of the Vanguard. My shipfu needs a massive rework.

So the stick is shit, got it.

6DOF spacesims are not jet fighters.

I've heard people call them "nut crushers" because they're too close together. In your opinion would they be better with a mod like this, or are they simply not worth the bother? I am pretty handy with power tools.

check out the filename

I'd rather have twist, the movement feels more natural and I hate using pedals.

And you can tweak dead zone in most games or configuration software to eliminate accidental twist movements

Oh, ok, I'm just comfy space trucking.

I'm gonna get my HOTAS out at somepoint but I cbf learning all the inputs again till I'm ready to have a crack at PvP

The version we got is so much better than this shitshow, glowing lights aside. All the changes were straight upgrades.

Just about everyone playing with sticks is saying that CH is the best option in both the SC and ED communities. It's better to have great X and Y movement with Z movement mapped to something else than to have a mediocre Z movement slapped on at the expense of X and Y. Twist is a feature for budget sticks.

Like I said

Empire ships are fucking trash. The only nice thing about them are the interiors.

Too true. Only good one is ieagle because gutameya only tinkered with a good ship. Fucking hardpoints on pontoons, man.

All the Vanguard is now is a bunch of Retaliator and Sabre parts thrown together into one underpowered ship. I was hoping for a more original product.

The differences you are talking about are non existent in, it's all in your fucking head. Any vaguely high level stick will be fine for SC or ED.

At least we have milfs and qts

Is there a way to adjust sensitivity in Elite: Dangerous? It doesn't detect small motions with the joystick, and large motions are too much for small corrections

Yeah, way too close together, and the deep foot wells on the pedals are obnoxious.

You could try modding them like that, the internal mechanisms are actually pretty simple.

I actually use kwikpit.com/ezemod.htm and the skid plate plus being able to rest my feet half off the pedals for a bit more leg room helps a lot.

But over all it's probably easier to just buy the basic saitek pedals.

t. Paul

The torpedoes in the life pod design still blow my mind. All because they didn't want to let it have a small cargo/utility space

I really don't want to put up with Saitek's quality if I can avoid it, and also the CH native compatability would be nice to have.

That kit looks cool and I might consider it given how cheap it is. I think I'd still be interested in finding a way to widen the stance on the pedals, though. I just can't see myself wanting my legs that close together for extended periods of play.

what is that thing, is that actually in ED?
>interesting ship design
I bet you can't fly it huh

Just attach a couple of wide boards on top of the pedals with some skateboad grip tape on them for traction?

Imperial Capital ship. It's cool seeing it the first time and then you realize it's just a static object with an entering/exiting animation.

youtube.com/watch?v=de78Odrw6KE

The life pod doesn't even take up that much room, they could've easily put in some cargo space.

But I guess they didn't want the Vanguard to be too perfect.