/ovg/ - Gran Turismo 2 Edition

Previous thread: Our Wiki should answer every single question you could possibly ask about your sexuality and gender identity!
>get-good.net

We have a Mumble server, drop by and introduce yourself!
>Mumble IP: mumble.get-good.net
>Port: 64738

Join the /ovg/ group on Steam!
>steamcommunity.com/groups/ovgonsteam

Equipment Guide
>docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1uLKMbKwweUZ3QvFeNs8UeycZbDyo0McxGj7T6uTaTNo/edit#gid=0

We're racing on Saturday, Sunday, and sometimes on Friday. Check out our Google doc for info!
>docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1R3KWTJsrlS9X2EZUNXY8KbHfsHD-t3_EU_A1n6wBBQc

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=9_8B0mkrc_8
i.imgur.com/xeLJqvL.jpg
automationgame.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=7480
youtube.com/watch?v=Fr_am6wKGgo
pretendracecars.net/2016/06/01/i-think-were-friends-now/#comment-29151
youtube.com/watch?v=Kf0hSVL6y9A#t=5m30s
youtube.com/watch?v=5AFztHfJMmk
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

first

first for fuck automobilista

third for why ?

4th for ELITE

me on the left

Something for anti-tripfag, anti-inside jokes, anti-obscure PC racing games

James x Valrys fanfic when

Oh yes, that's a good suggestion thanks. It's an animal that reminds you it loves you and doesn't want you to die, while driving on the limit at high speeds.
It uses slightly changed ybird geo for now. I'm going to spend at least a month working on making it more like an actual 993 turbo s/gt2, tuned for hillclimb and point to point driving.
This is the inspiration video: youtube.com/watch?v=9_8B0mkrc_8 these videos will be used for comparison as well
Wanna help nail the default setup? I can upload it if anyone's interested. At this point, with a better default setup and some minor geometry changes it'll be good. it's quite fun to drive right now, mostly because of dat engine. see: i.imgur.com/xeLJqvL.jpg
I don't know what to call it either, since to me it looks like a 993 turbo s with GT2 fender flares. halp

>1300kg
what it's made off?
cardboard?

>punto
haha
cuck

Just imagine this is James and Manrys

>The vehicle used a lightweight carbon fibre F1-style chassis in combination with a carbon fibre-reinforced Espace J63-series body (as opposed to fibreglass on the standard model)

And

>he doesn't try to beat Gran Turismo 2 with stupid cars no one else would ever use
boooooooring

hot

So did any of you guys know you could use the engines you create in the Automation Game in Assetto Corsa? I've never done it and don't necessarily know how it would work but that sounds like you could raise some serious hell.

Now you can benchrace and prove you could've made a better car.

It's an espace shell with a Formula 1 engine. So it's not as hard if you think it like that.
You and me bro.
Still isn't worth it. The car is peaky as it is, and giving it plenty throttle is needed. Even the slightest straight is enough to give you a disadvantage.

>didn't want to buy Automation until Career mode is fully implemented
>now I kinda want to buy it immediately
According to this, it sounds incredibly easy:
automationgame.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=7480

Series where we all take a spec chassis and suspension and see who can make the best engine on various limitations when???

>GT3 for Automobilista soon™
>GT3 for rF2 soon™

ovgt3 when?

best line

Pikes Peak Escudo from 2 was the best Gran Turismo car ever

prove me wrong

This is crazy enough to work as a Sunday Funday series. But we will need "contractors" to build engines for customers, and a guide for people who might want to build one from scratch.
Otherwise, it has potential to work.

this is true

why do you speed it up :(

The version from 3,4,5,6 is better.

No, fuck you

What's the difference between gt5 and gt6?

when and where bb? :3

In my GT2 Escudo Pikes Peak

right now

quick, post more dirt rally webms and vids

youtube.com/watch?v=Fr_am6wKGgo

The physics in GT6 make GT5 look like the common Need For Speed title. Graphics aren't much improved though shadows are a lot better.
More cars and tracks. Basically GT6 is supposed to represent the most a PS3 can do.

Have they improved the AI at all or do they still follow the optimal race line and form convenient rails for you to smash into with no penalties?

Would be a neat idea, could use a base chassis maybe an open wheeler? Than have a few engine options to choose from.

Reminder that Codemaster forgot to enable traction control by default on F2 rally cars.

Why do you think there were faster than WRC cars you fuckwits?

???

i prefer RBR

is he ok??

I think the penalties in online racing aren't unnecessarily harsh anymore, but I haven't played on a PS3 in over 2 years so I can't tell at the moment. The AI is slightly (maybe a couple hairs almost) better.

If you want actual good door to door racing you should check out snailracing.org, it's a spec, clean league. AI is still shit.

>crash webms
Ah, here is a fine crash webm for you.

ebin

you call that a crash

ebin

I'm not responsible, Paltala baby told me to do it.

He was in the passengers and whispered into my ear "take him out"

Blame paltala

anyone got any tuning setups for ahvenisto?

set everything to optimal

how

Sun Machine 500
Engine Diagnostic Analyzer

Can it Whiplash?
Yes!
It's quite playable in VGA mode.

kek. i love you

I missed you SJ ;_;

>implying SJ can Whiplash

>sj
>doing something
ebin

Is NFS actually worth playing or am I getting memed on

Im looking at Most Wanted (apparently the best one) and it looks like the brown & bloom and mid-2000s nigger rap trends smashed together and had an ugly baby.

Most Wanted is an absolute meme.

>tfw would trade SJ for James

pretendracecars.net/2016/06/01/i-think-were-friends-now/#comment-29151

>james getting blown the complete fuck out

hi james go back to work for dole thx

only the first five are good

>trolls the shit out of a known retard just by going to bed at a normal time
>blown the fuck out
I honestly thought he was choking but Ian Bell will make all your dreams come true as long as your dreams involve him doing stupid things on the internet.

>MW
>"it looks like the brown & bloom and mid-2000s nigger rap trends smashed together and had an ugly baby."

You have no idea how accurate that is.

>Sento will never force you to manage a theme park at gunpoint

Why even live

that doesn't count as james getting btfo. he got an important dev to engage with him over non-news and he made him look like a total moron. james himself is a total moron too but he doesn't care, he got the attention he wanted. james wins again because faggots like you keep obsessing over him.

i would also trade SJ for james for the comedy value

Underground 2.

I like it would still play it but get bored pretty fast cause every car pretty much feels the same

>Not Underground 1

does that even work on pc?

I've taken to running cars on Time Trail B-Spec mode, saving the ghost replay and watching other cars race it

Any good combos? Pitwork Z Vs. Fairlady LM @ Suzuka was fun

Sometimes iracing can be okay

is it dead?

was it ever really alive?

why did you had to bump it god damn

Once again, do you re-setup your seat every time you change cars?
Do you keep the virtual steering off?
If the answer to any of the questions above is "no", you can fuck yourself and that dumb image macro.

>Once again, do you re-setup your seat every time you change cars?
Yes

>Do you keep the virtual steering off?
Unless the dash is on it, yes.

I'd rather use a virtual dash than having two wheels in front of me.

>not using hood cam

>he uses codemasters™ view
git gud

Keep in mind that in iRacing you can't actually turn off the wheel if the dash is on it, it just doesn't rotate and is even more distracting.

But I'd rather have the thing rotate like it's supposed to anyways. It's not distracting to me if it's displaying information that doesn't exist on the real wheel.

I just hate the fact that I can't see anything when inside the cars, in a real car you lose focus on pretty much the entire interior and you can turn your head

fixed version

>you can turn your head
Not appreciably in a modern race car. A triple screen will cover all the visibility you'd ever have.

>in a real car you lose focus on pretty much the entire interior
Yeah and in a video game I lose focus on pretty much the entire interiour except the shift lights

I wouldn't use open wheelers as a standard.

You can turn your head a fair amount in most sportscars, at least as much as your neck brace allows. Small things like tilting your head in the direction you are steering, keeping your focus on the apex and seeing cars around you better are all essential IMO.

HANS device is standard though.

youtube.com/watch?v=Kf0hSVL6y9A#t=5m30s
>all that head movement not really

bloodykins my friend, he had no reason to look far right or left since there were no other cars with him on track. You can see him tilting his head easily and looking towards the apex.

The reason I said using open wheelers as standard isn't a great idea is mainly because the space is very cramped, making it truly difficult to turn your head,.

>MAME 0.174
>-dumped Wangan Midnight Maximum Tune 1/2 card reader-printer firmware
[winteriscoming]
>-dumped Initial D card reader-printer firmware [Smitdogg]

It may mean jack shit for MAME right now, but this might mean something in the future... (for Demul)

>too busy trying to put a name to anonymous posts to pull the dick out or your ass and understand anything
Keep being retarded I guess.

You can't comfortably turn your head further than a good triple setup (past which practically everything will be headrest directly in your face anyways) and you can't twist your shoulders with race belts plus a HANS. This won't change in any car.

youtube.com/watch?v=5AFztHfJMmk

watch him as he "barely" turns his head.

He can easily see from window cover to window cover, check both mirrors and then some. You can't do that with triple screen unless you do a retarded FOV.

Also thanks for proving to me that you really are bloodykins. I missed you bb.

Forgot to add:
"The purpose of the HANS device is to keep the head from whipping forwards and backwards in a crash, without otherwise restricting movement of the neck. "

also you really don't have to twist your shoulders at all to move your head from 90deg left to 90 deg right, not sure why you thought I said anything about that.

Where the fuck is the Maximum Tune 3 emulator that shits been dumped for ages now, one user here even has it on his/her HDD

>You can't comfortably turn your head further than a good triple setup

Do you happen to weigh 350lbs?

this is a bully free zone

how do i make this shit work

>sped up the video
haha
cuck

They're a good casual street racing series that gets massively Overrated because of nostalgia
Yes, there's some cringworthy stuff but it's still pretty solid

ProStreet is a bit glitchy but massively underrated as an NFS game. the physics kinda suck if you start driving like you would IRL, but if you set your car up properly you can make it nearly unstoppable.

>race is tommorow
not sure if i'm ready

its marshmAllow not marshmEllow

How do people get multiple cars into these screenshots

there was one like this but with the 270 and 400R

Well, I have never driven a tarbo 2wd 911 in my life so It'd be hard for me to say how it is.
But if you mean the feeling I guess we could help here.
Share the mod and we'll see.
Also, power avg graph, weight and so on was taken from real world data or did you eyeball it?

Hope you don't think those lame power slides were drifts