2001 Civic

I'm thinking about buying this car. They have good reviews and were also recommended in the sticky. Thoughts about this specific civic? Is it a good deal?

minneapolis.craigslist.org/ram/cto/5601039551.html

Other urls found in this thread:

minneapolis.craigslist.org/hnp/cto/5569918690.html
minneapolis.craigslist.org/ram/cto/5601039551.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

It's an automatic so don't put too much trust into reliability. Honda automatics are notorious shit can a minimum of $1500 to replace should anything go wrong.

Look at this one instead.
minneapolis.craigslist.org/hnp/cto/5569918690.html

Yes, Op should get that one. Its way better and will take him to the moon and back

Hah! I pretty much had this exact car but in manual. Sold it like two months ago.

Umm. It's reliable annnnd... Well, that's about it. Enjoy.

Should I really not buy it just because it's automatic?

manuals are more reliable and better on gas (as long as the gears are the same).

You will never have to worry about a manual trans breaking it just doesn't happen unless they are abused. even when the synchros turn to dust at 400k they can still be driven.

I don't know about hondas, but apparently they are notorious for breaking according to him, so you should research that before deciding.

Honda automatics were so bad there were class action lawsuits and recalls for them.

You have to assume the worst, which is it needing a new transmission. That said, if you got it for

>You will never have to worry about a manual trans breaking
This. Sold mine at 154k miles with the original clutch. No problems except 1st and reverse would stick occasionally.

I have the shittier version DX from the same year and it's a trooper. That one is in much better condition than mine was when I got it 6 years ago.
I even accidentally ran over a ladder on the freeway like 2 weeks ago and all I needed was a new AC condenser

>I even accidentally ran over a ladder on the freeway
Lol what?

Mexicans

Not op but I don't want to make a new thread.

Should I buy a 1997 subaru svx as a first car?

I originally wanted a manual but this car is special.

Will I be a pleb for it being auto? Man I wish it was manual.

The SVX is special, rare, and expensive to maintain/repair. No, it will not make a good first car.

you know jack shit fuck off
do it m8

Do you have plenty money? Can you wrench and/or diagnose problems without obd2? If yes to either, go ahead.

is reliable jap sports car my family

Are they that bad/good? I guess I could go for aw11 or ae86.

>minneapolis.craigslist.org/ram/cto/5601039551.html
it said it had a slight slip. no slip is slight. its fucking slipping if you cant drive a stick dont buy a car until you can.

The SVX is a fantastic car. It was technologically advanced and unique looking.

But it was automatic only. That's not a huge knock against it, but when you consider how much of the car was bespoke specifically to the SVX, when things do break, they're absurdly expensive.

I'm thinking of buying one and saving for a subaru legacy doner car.
Do you know any specific issues? I know the automatics can give out but I hope to have already swapped it before it does quit.

It seems so great, though maybe I should go with an aw11. Even if it's 10 years older it's supposed to be really reliable and it's already manual

If you're looking at an AW11 MR2, you should look at the Pontiac Fiero as well. It's safer, just as reliable, more comfortable, has a MASSIVE aftermarket, the best fan community period, and could be had manual.

>but muh feels. Muh feels say MR2 is bettah
The Fiero is a fantastic sports car when you throw some of the aftermarket suspension bits at it.
If the MR2 was truly better, it would have outsold the Fiero. Instead, the Fiero sold so well that there were more Fieros sold from 1984-1988 than MR2's sold worldwide from 1984 until 2005.

I had a '01 Civic, and is 100% right. The transmission clonked out...twice.

>fiero
Can only find over priced Ferrari f50 kit

than you're going to have an even harder time finding an AW11. It's a sheer numbers game. There's more Fieros than all MR2's put together.

I already have two aw11 I'm looking at, and the ae86 turned out to be am extremely early ae92

CYCKKEKKEKKEKKEKKEKKEKKEK
>auto tragic subaru
KEK
>FWD SPRINTER
KEK

Why

POOPPOOOPPOOOOP

Hrllo?

Dont buy a civic