How did you feel when you got your first car?

>Did your parents get it for you?

>Or you busted your ass working 2-3 jobs to get it?

How can you work without a car?

Public transport you mong.

And ye I worked 2 jobs for my first car. Was fucking proud of myself.

worked construction for my dad for a summer to buy mine.

Yeah that's not an option here.
My parent was pretty much forced to spend savings on my car. I demanded a manual and wanted an old enthusiast meme car. Eventually they caved because I made them realize cars don't disintegrate after age 20 and that a stick shift wouldn't make my car randomly shut off I'm trafic.

Got my grandmas 91 ford tempo at 16. Drove from home to first job at Home Depot for 2 years, muffler fell off on i5, heat shield fell off on backroad, side mirror popped off on i5 when adjusting it. Car was a tank though, was before I really cared about cars just an A to B thing.

Bought my first car at 19 05 Corolla S manual, first manual. Washed it every day, moved in with co worker with a sweet Audi A4 got me into cars.

Got promoted to a DH and traded for a 07 350z at 21.

So first 3 cars.. Age 29 now.

my first vehicle was an old shitty yamaha bike i bought myself and it freaked my grandparents so much they bought me a yaris that i still have

i kind of hated on it a bit at first but it's grown on me

You gonna have to figure it out yourself desu.

My parents bought it for me, but I might as well have bought it myself considering how many parts Ive had to replace just to get the engine to start.

>'98 Lexus ES300

My parents gave it to me and my uncle helped me fix it up and get it running
I spent around $400 getting it running and sold it for $2000 by the end of highschool

for my good ol MEMEZDA3, i helped my dad with getting my grandmother's house cleaned out so we could sell it
>muffler fell off on i5
you from cali?

Busted my ass working at pizza hut just to buy a shitty 3000gt

No southwest WA

I was given a rusty old shitbox and I loved it. Kept it going until the rust became fatal.

Felt okay, no big deal really. Worked one job after school making double minimum wage at the time. Bought a shit condition family car, quickly started planning my move. Found a single mother with a MUCH nicer "sporty" car. Got into relationship with her to gain her trust, and then talked her into trading cars so it'd be easier to get her kid around. Dumped her and kept my car. That felt fucking awesome.

So you bitched and moaned until your parents allowed to to spend your money.

Neat

Dude I'm from Mt Vernon

What

Parents bought it and I paid them back for it

My parents kept it for me when they got a new one. At first I didn't want to get a license, now I'm able to make 8k km in 3 months. I felt kinda embarassed at first but I stopped giving a shit and was just happy with what I had. We sold it in January >current year and I miss it to this day. The memes were real.

My dad bought me a $600 dollar piece of shit vw golf for my first car. I fuckin loved that thing. I learned how to drive stick shift in that car, and for the first couple days of having it I would shift gears in my head as i fell asleep, going over proper foot placement, rev matching, etc. Just about every damn part of that car broke at some point but I didn't mind at all, because it meant I got to work with my dad on my car. He and that car is what really got me into cars in general, and the love of just driving. I was 16 at the time and I will always remember the sense of freedom that car gave me. Taking my high school girlfriend for a cruise with the windows down, awful punk songs blasting. driving far out of town to watch the sunset, awkwardly fooling around with each other. Good fucking times.

ITT: spoiled brats and broken mofos

where do you fall?

Supreme gentleman

Paid $400 for my first car. 1995 mk3 jetta. I think my dad chipped in more money though but that's how much I spent on it.

Was a manual trans but I drove the automagic my mom had for a few months before asking to learn how to drive my own car lol

Parents would either hold their old car or sell it. I asked them to hold it so I could drive it and now I treat it well. Otherwise I would have worked for a year and bought a shitbox.

fag

Oh I'm way down south of Olympia.

worked 55 hours a week at cheesecake factory as a dishwasher when i was 18 making 8$ an hour it was also my first job. i saved up 1400$ to buy a car as i was tired of being a poor fag walking everywhere i lived in a trailer park at the time and i was the only person who had a job ( mom was living off welfare because shes a lazy fuck) i found the truck on craigslist and walked 10 miles to buy it. bought it for 1100$ and parked it in my designated parking spot. my mom came home one day and asked who was parked in our spot. my reply? "thats my truck mom"

she was so fucking proud of me. told all of her friends.

it didnt stop there. me being 22 now i bought my second car at 19 and my 3rd at 21. i have bought all my own cars. because i have self respect and discipline. i have my own home too. with no help from anyone. all of my friends my age are still living with there parents and driving there parents cars. feels good not to suck off teets.

Just got mine.
>have awesome family friend
>I call him my uncle cuz he essentially is
>we go check out an ancient 1989 Lesabre
>wtfiswrongwiththiscar.jpg
>rear right brake locked up with a tap
>transmission leaking fluid
>awhellno.jpg
>uncle says he'll give me his good 1998 Buick century for 300$
>"thermostat is the only thing busted"
>ohhhhh yes
>dump the car back with its owner
>politely say no thanks
>nice people, don't get pissed
>we drive home and I look at it
>everything seems intact. Paint job is decent but not terrible
>a few weeks later I drive it home
>car is fucking hot as hell, windows dont work
>park it at my place and spend next 4 hours changing thermostat
>pride.jpg
>drive it to O'minimum Wage's for coolant and a Engine light check
>stick it in and go on a test drive round the neighborhood
>HOLYFUCKINGSHITWHYISITSTEAMING
>Park it back at O'Minimum wage's. Call panicked to dad
>"I DIDNT SAY YOU COULD GO ANYWHERE'
>Dad throws shitfit and I let the engine cool, drive home and call mechanic friend's wife
>tells me to park in concrete and then fill up the radiator
>niagea falls of water
>tell her where it is
>she has her husband come to take a look the next day
>he is #3 mechanic in Terex
>tells me it wasn't the fucking thermostat
>could be Headgasket
>COMPLETEPANIC.JPG
>tells me to calm the fuck down and takes a closer look
>Intake gasket
>COMLLETEFUCKINGPANI-
>WTF is an intake gasket
>tells me its an easy fix.
>comes back a week later and we strip down the engine to the rods assembly
>welltheresyourproblem.jpg
>intake gasket has holes everywhere, slightly milky oil
>after a few weeks he comes back and puts everything together
>pulls dipstick
>Chocolate Milk.
>I learn how to change oil and he changes the filter
>oil literally looks like thick-ass milk
>we change oil and everything's good to go
>a week later I start changing fluids and doing little fixes
>re soldered Climate Control Unit

Go on or am I bantering?

So.... You left the crank, pistons, rods, in the engine bay, but removed the block, in order to change an intake gasket?

No, you're not "bantering", you're retarded.

I'm still fucking new at car you son of a bitch

They're really cool cars though man, really 90s,especially the AWD twin turbo VR4s. Why do you hate it?

That doesn't excuse your fucking retarded aggravating tone of typing. Please stfu

Well shit

That wasn't me.
I'm broken as fuck, bought my 74 super beetle myself.

Oldfag
My first car was a primer grey and white, ripped black vinyl interior, peeling black vinyl roof, smelled of gas and when I bought it the transmission was toast. It repulsed girls and the only people interestedun it were rednecks.

God damn did I love that chevelle.

I worked one job as a bus boy starting at 15 and had enough saved to buy a 99 suburban a year and a half later way back in 06.

My older brother's first car was a 93 suburban and it wound up outliving literally every other car our family got in that time span (2 were lost to accidents but still)

My dad paid for half when I graduated hs and I paid the other half. Was pretty awesome at first until I realized how much of a piece of shit it actually was.

>tfw currently car shopping with my parents
feels good

Worked as a bagger at a grocery supermarket at 10$/h for 2 years to afford a 2.5RS GC8 as a first car and an imported toyota soarer
Bought my own license
all at the age of 16
meanwhile my friends got their cars paid and licenses paid on their birthdays, my parents didn't want to pay for my shit so I got a job (luck) and was THAT kid during senior high school

Sleep tight, pupper.

You bought your license? I hate to tell you this, but it might be a fake. Given that, I'd be concerned. That soarer might actually be a solara.

Bought/paid whatever. Here it costs 1k
>solara
Sure thing buddy

Just got mine and I am semi regretting since it has a tranny leak but I didnt pay much for it.

Please don't try to impress me, I'm anonymous, and that's pathetic. The whole post was a joke based on your bad English. But seriously, fuck wherever you live. Here they give you the answer book, then the test, and you pay $20.

French Canadian, at least I try!
We get taxed on literally everything with vehicles.
>250$/yr for plates
if the vehicle is 1995 and cylinder sizes are 4.0L and up it adds 50$ to the plate price every 0.3 liters
so lets say you buy a challenger srt8 it will cost well over 600$ just to plate the vehicle.
Insurance prices are hiked as well.
It sucks living here

Oh I paid for it myself as well just needed something to get me from point a to b.

By walking or a bike or public transport or a ride.

My first and current ride was a beat to hell 96 caravan. Its ugly as sin and I've fixed a ton of shit on it, bit shit it only cost me 100 dollar bill and some tine to get it.

I kind of grown accustomed to it.

Dude... that sucks. I don't even know what to say. My vehicle tax is 20 a year, the engine means nothing, only the KBBV is taxed. But at least you can get cool cars that I can't.

Not angry user but if it's worth anything, it's nice to see you taking initiative to try and fix the problems you have with your own labor and time. Better than just dumping it at a mechanics.

That looks pretty sharp for $1100!

>Did your parents get it for you?
>Or you busted your ass working 2-3 jobs to get it?

neither.. Signed up for a Pell Grant and went to community college. After buying books and shit I had 1300$ leftover so I bought a car.

Thanks taxpayers.

fuck you.

I got to watch him strip it down to whatever the fuck it is. Got the whatever type of gasket it was replaced with a stainless steel and rubber one instead of a cheap plastic OEM. The gaskets are also blue so if anything acts up I can shoot my UV light in and look for breaks.
Its gonna be real nice once I fix it up. The transmission and engine is a beast compared to driving my dads Sonic. The wheels need some TLC tho. Alignment is off and I dont have any expensive tools to do it myself. Planning on getting better brake pads then what it has now. But the rides smooth for a car that prolly never has had its shocks replaced. I'm also happy I didn't dump it off either. The friend that helped said I just gotta pay 100$ and that it.

This

I cashed out my GI Bill, and since I lived with my parents at the time I used the $1300/month I got to cover living expenses towards a brand new car after a year.

>get pell grant
>its not enough to actually live by yourself or with a roommate
>but way too much if you live at home with your only real expense being your car
I have nothing to do with the money either so I saved it. By the time I finish college I'll have enough to sell my shitbox and get something nice for myself comfortably.

worked 50hr weeks on top of uni at a call centre to buy it

Lucky. I spent 400+ of my check every time I got it fixing my shitbox and than rest went towards lunch and gas for the semester.

My folks bought me mine. People give me shit for it all the time, but I don't care.

A car is a car, and between working my ass off becoming a vet tech before I even left school, losing 2 years of my life to take care of my dying grandmother, and volunteering at a ranch for an internship... I wouldn't have been able to work to afford my own car.

Bit of both, worked a bunch and parents helped me out a bit, gonna pay them back when I can

>Saved up for a year or so
>worked out what I wanted; went backwards and forwards between what I wanted and what I needed
>found a low mileage example of one of the cars I was looking for
>bargained for a better price
>bought it
>????
>profit

Busted my ass riding a bike 10 miles to work at midnight for months and then I finally had enough money to get an LS400. Got it cheap too, 2 grand and its body is pretty clean save for dents you can't even tell unless you're within a foot.

And then some cunt took out my brake light 2 days ago and dented my trunk.

why dont you learn to car and not go to a shop poor fag.

>vet tech
>left school
>losing 2 years to take care of nan
>volunteering at a ranch
fag detected
hows it feel to be privledged? must be nice

>t. salty wagecuck

im blue collar and always will be. hows it feel to be a faggy white collar? leave all the hard manly work for us kiddo enjoy your air conditioned cubicle while your wife gets the good dick on the weekends

parent's loaned me a shitty corolla to start working and college.

1st car bought outright
>worked part time in the summer
>earn like 2k
>buy 1k beater
>bought tons of parts for maintenance with 750
>left the rest for title/tax
>dad says lets go for ride and buy whataburger

dealership
>worked and built credit while driving $1k shitbox
>bring dad along with me see if he can help
>he barely talks
>I do all the negotiating and get a decent price
>dad says good job

fuck I wasted like my first 2 years of pell grant spare money on computers and games since I didn't need a vehicle. I wish I could go back and buy a fun car. CC was great when I had 0 bills

>refunds go out
>next school day like half the class has new phones/laptops and shit

mah nigga. Basically same story lol.

Because It would cost more buying all of the tools most of the time. I did as much as I could on my own. I replaced the throttle body, alternator, front axles, exhaust manifold, and distributor myself which is good considering it was my first car and I had to learn as I went while also having it fixed in time to still make it to college. I sent it to the shop to change the Shock/struts and the oil pan. I couldn't do the oil pan myself because everything is rusted to fuck on my car and I didn't have a torch or impact wrench to safely remove the bolts.

And yeah, my car is that rusted. I had to cut the manifold off using a sawzall and a side grinder.

Parents paid in an effort to make me more sociable.

Parents bought a new car when I was 18, I was already working so I bought the old one

This is what they got me

those are poor excuses. tools are cheap as fuck. ever heard of harbor freight? replacing the throttle body, alternator, front axles, exhaust manifold, and distributor is good and impressive but you can replace shocks and struts your self easily and the oil pan is fuck easy too. you dont need an impact to take off bolts. all you need is a breaker bar and socket set. both would run you atleast 50$

>wife gets the good dick on the weekends
You assume I live within 15 miles of any niggers
>leave all the hard work for us
College is probably harder than your work, but I doubt you'd know

kill yourself

A breaker bar would snap a stud in two with little effort and considering They're like 20 of them and all rusted to fuck I'd rather not deal with it.

>implying a nigger would give your wife good dick
us blue collars would do just fine.
>college is harder but i doubt you know
>implying intelligence is measured by education status.
how them debts working out for ya?
i get greasy and dirty everyday and i love it. the pussy flows in. "user can you fix my car for me? my cuck husband doesnt know how" i service bitches and the cars they drive.

I saved my allowance from age 5 and then drove it into the ground

RIP

>what is easy out?
>what is stud extractor?
>what is bolt out?
NO E X C U S E

sorry senpai

Holy shit, I assumed you actually did go to college.
Money? Not good enough grades?

for your efforts in shitboxing

if i can be quite honest i didnt go to college. went to work straight out of highschool. everyone my age is still living with there parents and driving their automatic shit boxes while i work at a dealership everyday and drive my own car and go to sleep in my own house

50/50. Parents helped where they could, first car was a piece of shit so I sold it and started financing a car myself. My dad let me drive his Cressida when I didn't have my own vehicle though, was great

College is very easy, and then comes the nearly unavoidable "english class" (which may not be called english composition, but is still the same basic thing)

Trying to write freely and easily when constrained to the essay format is like walking through all nine circles of hell with an SUV tied to each ankle and then stopping in the hidden tenth circle to look at satan's personal collection of diseased dog vaginas and rate them by smell.

Like all horrible things in western society, the french probably had something to do with it.

Interesting. The blue collar life is alien to me, since I'm a privileged cis white scum.
When I went to Ohio to buy my car, the meth addicts at the gas station were white, and everyone was wearing trends that had died years ago.

Would you trade places with me, if you had the chance?

I'm really good with English, actually.
But when it comes to math, I struggle at the easiest shit. I can't get stuff like 9 minus 5 off the top of my head, it takes me a second.
Maybe I'm autismo

No, you're reverse autismo.

Omsitua.

Felt awesome. Car was 3k parents put 2 and I put 1k towards it. 2 years later I bought a second car for 4200

It's possible. I wish I was privileged I came from a very poor family so me doing very good at age 23 is an accomplishment to say the least. I'm also white though.

I don't think I could do college I couldn't sacrifice my job to go there I need to work and keep a roof over my head.

>Trying to write freely and easily when constrained to the essay format is like walking through all nine circles of hell with an SUV tied to each ankle and then stopping in the hidden tenth circle to look at satan's personal collection of diseased dog vaginas and rate them by smell.

Mother of god that description

adorable

I fucking hate English classes.

First off the teacher talks the professor talks the entire class period. Most of the time about off topic stuff. I'd much rather work while in class because I've got other things to do out of class.

Second you have to turn in every part of the essay process. I've never had trouble writing papers so it comes very easily to me. most of the time when I write something I plan very little and I write the entire thing with few problems on the first go. THEN I have to go back and make the rough draft and edit and shit afterwards which is frustrating as fuck to do.

Hated writing in school
Hated math
History was cool English was cool
I just hated school

I'm both, because I almost just looked up Omsitua

zachodniopomorskie!

wtf? writing essays is easy. pick an interesting topic.

being a salesman isnt exactly blue collar.
and you do realize tradesmen make six figures right?

My family is dirt poor, and I'm the first to actually get a degree. The work I do is technically blue collar... sifting through mud and animal shit isn't ever fun. Neither is half the stuff I do for work.

But in the end I get experience working with animals which is something I've wanted to do. I also got the opportunity to move out of the shithole city I'm from and move to Colorado.

that's nice qt twingo you have there

koĊ‚obrzeg!

>>Or you busted your ass working 2-3 jobs to get it?
This. Kind of.
>Be a poor child throughout HS
>Driver's training was free and hosted at the HS
>Completed segment 1 when I was 15 and some odd months
>With summer coming up I was looking for a job
>Live 12 miles away from the nearest village: pop ~500
>18 miles away from the nearest town: pop 1,300
>Land a job hoof trimming bovine
>Have to ride my pedal bike to work everyday during the summer
>Got up at 4:45am and left at 5:15 on my pedal bike
>Got to work at 6:15-30am and started off by getting the truck ready for work
>Truck left at 7 with or without me