2005 Expedition

I'm looking to get a reliable SUV for around $5k in NYC

I found this ad for a 2005 Expedition Eddie Bauer at 153k, which looks to be in great cosmetic shape. What does Veeky Forums think?

newyork.craigslist.org/que/cto/5605395300.html

Other urls found in this thread:

chicago.craigslist.org/chc/cto/5616149301.html
baltimore.craigslist.org/cto/5586535959.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>exploder
>2005
>153k
>any price

Here's your (You), and only because of those dubs

You want a trued and true SUV get a Tahoe or a Suburban. IF you want something nicer than that get a Denali same shit just more elegant looking.
Pic related a 04 denali in chicago 5500 dollars.

chicago.craigslist.org/chc/cto/5616149301.html

Why do you want to dd a massive suv in a city?

Shut up and buy a civic.

Wants reliable
>Post Ford exploder

god, denalis are so fucking ugly

atleast the newer ones look a little better

expedition =! explorer

Because I actually stay in Northern NJ

I'm asking about an Expedition, not an Explorer

Still ford. Fucking idiot

I wouldn't mind a Tahoe/Denali, but the prices they're asking for one in this area are insane. I see many posts asking at least 10k for an '04 Tahoe

Anything?

So buy a civic and get snow tires.

If you can't afford the superior truck you can't afford to own any truck.
>9mpgs
>Ford build quality =high maintenance costs
>2gallon oil changes

NYC? buy 5 geo metros

Oh I can afford it, I just think that an '04 truck with high miles shouldn't be posted at 10k.

Any other resources I can look into besides CL? If I can get a decent Tahoe, I'd get that instead.

Dad has an 00's Explorer, I know their different but Ford probably uses all of the same parts interior wise. So I'll give you a run down on what will go wrong eventually.

>Door light won't go off
>Door ajar chime won't stop going off everytime you hit a bump
>Some interior rattle
>Transmission will be shitting the bed soon

It's a comfy ride though

>NYC
>buying a car
>not just a car, but an SUV
>not just an SUV, but a large SUV
>not just a large SUV, but a fucking Expedition

user, if you're really hellbent on buying an SUV...in NYC...then just get an Element. It can hold more than your Shitpedition, is more reliable, and not as big.

But I hate myself almost as much as the environment but not as much as I like funding big oil.

>Can't read
>Doesn't see post about living in Northern NJ, where there is practically zero transit
>Suggests a meme SUV
Kys my man

No transit so decided to start bus company. Starting with the biggest least reliable option.

>living in New Jersey
>actually admitting you live in New Jersey
>calling one of the most versatile vehicles ever made a meme

i like those years, but if youre gonna go that big say fuck it and get a excursion with the diesel

It means he has a parking spot

Get a early 00s Tahoe/Yukon. Ford Trucks of that era were shite.

you see plenty of e250s and e350s here

what's the big deal

Drive out of state. They are cheaper the future out you go

baltimore.craigslist.org/cto/5586535959.html

How about this?

Nice wheel. I'm sure it was well taken care of.

This?

boston.craigslist.org/gbs/ctd/5615541424.html

the ford transmissions actually hold up better than the 4l60e

only thing you gotta worry about is spark plugs poppin off

Spark plugs flying?

>baltimore.craigslist.org/cto/5586535959.html

beat to fuck

yeah but any moron can replace and rebuild 4l60e, they're ridiculously common transmissions. you could even realistically easily/cheaply buy a rebuilt one that's had most of its flaws fixed

i always felt like the rest of the truck surrounding the drivetrain was better on older GMs than Fords

OK, so pass on that Tahoe

Were ford trucks from this period really that unreliable?

>driving a GIGANTIC suv
>in THE most CROWDED city in the US

are you one of those people who can't actually drive properly and are buying it for the "road presence" or "safety" or some excuse to drive like total trash?

Wtf is up with people who don't read

OP says he's actually from NJ

>fullsize GM garbage

The Expedition is nothing special, but it is miles better than the GM equivalents.

driving with no winter tires in december

same shit different asshole, ignoring the whole thing about being a shit driver who's compensating by buying an SUV, and driving said SUV in the city for no other real reason

>boston.craigslist.org/gbs/ctd/5615541424.html
overpriced

Go back to /n/ or Reddit libcuck

people drive sprinters, transits, and econoline e250/350s here

who gives a fuck you liberal shithead

So hijacking this into an SUV thread

Durango, Tahoe or Expedition?
Thoughts and opinions?

Price seems too high. I paid $3k for an 01 with 95k. Its an ok truck, seems reliable enough, I've put 30k miles on it since and no problems with the engine or tranny, all I do is change the oil. Take it to the shop for the spark plugs, triton engines are so notorious for breaking them in the block that there's a special tool just for doing the spark plugs on them. Also the back ones are impossible to reach for a normal humans. Electrics are iffy, I have replaced a few switches that went bad. Fortunately all very cheap and easy to get on ebay since they are identical to F150 parts. Mine is actually literally just an F150 with the cab stretched all the way back and no bed. 05 is a different frame though but I imagine there's still a lot of parts commonality.

I haven't thought about Durango's. I'm going to do research on that right now...

this is now an SUV thread

>2000s full size Ford Truck/SUV
>reliable
Not even close.

>I wouldn't mind a Tahoe/Denali, but the prices they're asking for one in this area are insane.
There's good reason Expeditions are cheaper than comparable GM SUVs. The GMs are reliable, the Fords are not. If you have to drive out of state to get a comparable GM for what you'd normally pay for an Expedition, do it. Five years down the road when you're $200-300 into total repairs instead of $3,000+ you'll thank yourself.

>he ford transmissions actually hold up better than the 4l60e
While the 60e is indeed a weak point, I'd contest that. You see more Tahoes needing transmissions that Expeditions but you also see a LOT more Tahoes overall than you do Expeditions GM killed it on full size SUV sales. Neither of them seem to do great because lol 1/2 ton automatic but while I see people beating on Tahoes needing a transmission at 160k I also see people babying Expeditions and needing one at 100k.

People that can't drive buy tiny cars because they're easy mode.

Tahoe.

So Tahoe it is... but I did see some decently priced Escalades out of state. I'll start looking at different cities.

Escalades are just as good as Tahoes, but more comfy.