Should I buy a Crown Vic?

Should I buy a Crown Vic?

if you want a slow ugly inefficient horrible handling grandma mobile then sure

Only if you actually like the car.
Don't buy things because you think they make you look cool. That just makes you look like a faggot.

why did our poeleece drive them if they're so bad?

So basically a bmw but not really because the crown vic is more reliable

I've driven a Grand Marquis and it was great. It feels like one of the last true American sedans. Rwd, V8, boat like handling, and cheap as fuck. No it's not fast by any means, but it's still a good vehicle. Not a CVPI owning sperg btw

2/10 for effort

I own an MGM--bought it off a pastor who took it away from his elderly mother. It's slow as a turd, handles like a boat, and gets made fun of until people sit in it and say "ooh, it's really comfy in here". Easy as fuck to work on, comfortable, and who cares if it's slow..lean that seat back, put a finger on the wheel and cruuuuuuise. If you get the crown vic I can't promise you much, but the grand marquis is the ultimate anti-cop. I can have a shit ton of fun doing whatever I want and I am never bothered.

Dont get police interceptors these tend to be in bad condition and are almost more expensive than town cars.

>>v8 sedan rwd
>>last

Does the word charger ring any bells to you? I love the Charger for the same reasons but it seems like such a basketball american car.

meme cars

unless you need the space you can get a mustang for not that much more

>slow

Like user said, they were in police fleets all across America. I still see them being used around town, and when cops throw on their lights and take off you can hear the engine running good and strong.

>slow

You know at stock without nothing done to the p71 it blows the fucking doors off your regular honda and wrx boys, right?

a wrx will blow the doors off a marauder easy

a 4 cylinder accord is just as fast a crown vic with half the engine

buy one man. i had a 2010 CVPI it was the best ive ever owned. powerful, roomy, rubber floormats are pretty cool too. slow off the line but over 40 it "gets up and goes" pretty good gas mileage too at 65 i could could get ~20 mpg.

lmao wut, let me see the receipts on this accord bruv?

>20 mpg is concidered goos in the US

my buddies 100hp Civic does 0-60 in less time than a P71 and can actually turn

P71s are for neckbeards

>marauder
tool, 0-60 times on the panther platforms are shit, p71 doesn't do shit until 60+ You're home boys civic wont do shit after it hits 60 so who gives a fuck?

>p71 doesn't do shit until 60+

so its a shitbox that cant catch a 100hp economy car unless its on a highway lol

what a pile

can you drift a crown vic?

It's nice going down the highway at almost idle tho.

Considering 99% of roads are under 55 mph, Everyone??

Because they're cheap crap with a big engine.

>meme cars
>recommends another meme car

i would if i had to buy a new car.

>be cop
>get the department to stance an interceptor
>go on stings looking for scumbags vaping weed aka satan
>"you a cop?"
>"nah bro my car's hella slammed check these $5000 rims"
>100% arrest rate

absolute truth.

If your interested in getting a panther get a mid 90s Crown Vic LX or 03+ MGM. Don't buy a exlimo towncar or excopcar since they are beat to hell. If you want fast + cheap RWD V8 made by Furd get a MK VIII.
Source: I've owned & dd'd a p71 for 2 years.

Easy mode: 4.56 gear, wielded diff,

Not in tejas sweetheart. Speed limit is 75 and youll be passed constantly if youre doing below 85.

The fact that a p71 dosent giddy up unless its already moving was perfect for dd'ing on I-10.

Which models and years of the Panther platform have that number-entry-over-door-handle thing? I'm really not fond of it at all (call me a retard for wanting nothing but a keyhole, I guess); I know the P71s never came with it, but what year did the standard Crown Vic, Grand Marquis and Towncar get it?

> Dodge/Chrysler product

yeah, ask the cops what they think of the charger vs. CVPI

Seriously, ask them

pic unrelated

nah nah nah

Chrysler has basketball american cars

Charger is for true gentlemen that like to vroom

every cop I spoke to likes the new Ford and Dodge offerings over the old CV unless their mind is clouded by rose tinted glasses

I've heard the exact opposite

literally the only positive I heard about the CV was the ruggedness

I've been told the following by different police bros working with different agencies

> I could only fit one quarter of the shit that I had in my vic into the charger
> people tend to be pissed off when you arrest them so putting them in into the back seat of the charger makes them even more pissed off [because its smaller than the back seat of a vic]
> mine spends more time at the city garage than it does on patrol

I know its anecdotal, but I'm just sayin

I live in a small ass town so eh

they all seemed to like the Charger more for the performance than anything

and yeah the garage shit falls under the CVs ruggedness

to be fair I heard no complaints about their tahoes, Ford police utility interceptor (explorer kek), taurus', or chevy caprice's

I live in a medium size city in a very sub urbanized county

What mechanical problems do police chargers commonly run into?

control arms from what I've been told

>blows the fucking doors off your regular honda and wrx boys
Not in the corners it doesn't

But it can't outrun a bone stock 3.8L non-supercharged Impala