Monster Hunter General - /mhg/

Express edition

>I have a question!
pastebin.com/7Aa6HxUh
Includes links to the FAQ, weapon guides, charm info, and more.

mhgen.kiranico.com/
Database with weapon trees, item locations, drop rates, etc.

sites.google.com/site/pingsdex
Same thing, in application form.

>Where does Veeky Forums play?
Create or find a Gathering Hall
Passcode: 7243 / Search
In Generations, Objective: Gathering
In 4U, Target: Fishing

Tags: MHGen, MH4U, MH3U, MHFU, MHO, MonHun, /mhg/

Previous thread

I have BECOME Meowstress!

xth for bully your local huntresses

Congratulations!

Alright, so Ive decided on apples and HBG
The OP pasta doesn't have much by way of ranged weapon pro tips

That's a Meowdown though.

You've made us all very proud I'm sure.

Hey /mhg/ does you guys use anything special to make your armor sets? I've seen screencaps from some application that shows the armors and there stats. What is that thing called?

Why not have a peek inside the pastebin and find out?

We pull all our sets out of Athena's ass.

Thanks user, didnt think it had that kinda info.

>still no rooms

lostboy.exe, google it

55-0615-6015-8212
Unlocked turns
1 slot

Yeah, Lance got more fluid as you can now do things like lunge mid thrust and then thrust after your lunge and after a counter stab goes off you can pretty much follow it up with anything now as it'll reset your 3 hit combo Fuck that new 3rd stab under anything not striker though. Takes forever, eats up sharpness for 3 weak ass hits, and is just a useless move..
GL needs more of that, sadly as it stands it only gets to do that kind of stuff after it shells, and even then you only get so many shells before you need to reload and go back to slugging it around. Also it's guarding shouldn't feel worse then lance, including that GL can't counter stab like lance can, slowing it down even more.

>STILL HASN'T MADE ONE

What gives, hombre?

>Do the quest with Hyper Ludroth, Duramboros, and Zinogre
>Prepare for intense fight with Hyper Dog after my last experience with him
>Kill him in 6 minutes and barely take any damage
so this.. is the power.. of striker SA

Why do they insist on bringing back the shitty parts of FU, but not the good parts, like the training school and

Well, I liked it when getting hit would cause your health bar to drain instead of a chunk just vanishing.

The question was about motion values.
Everything under striker tends to get 'something' that gives it a damage boost for a tradeoff of utility, but Lance and Gunlance seem to be the only two that directly see motion value boost towards their attacks. While CB's red shield mode does give an extra 5% extra damage, that's only in red shield, and that's not a general damage boost you see for it's attacks outside of that like Lance and Gunlance get. Lance is the one that becomes the most silly though:
>70 MV on lunges end stab
>50 MV on each rapid hit of the lunge
>Because you can now lunge after a 3rd stab without delay, instead of sidestepping/backhopping, lance is better off lunging and thrusting right after starting it, getting a ton of HA charge and damage in turn.
Add in the fact that Lance has a fucking 180 MV HA on command and can charge it towards full in a minute or less, and you can see why it's kinda the current TA king.

Fuck the Nargacuga. Prowler stance is literally a 50/50 for aerial roll. He flies every which way off the camera and bitch slaps you offscreen. Runs away between the TWO SAME FUCKING LOCATIONS within 30 seconds of fighting it. And hitting his paw doesn't count as hitting its wing. Why the fuck do people like this piece of shit? I don't have fun hunting it.

Good DB skills?

Put a few more miles between Rathalos and the hunter.

I've reached HR5 and I can't beat anything except the easymode droems and malfestio, I have less than 190 defense on my armor set so I think it might be time to upgrade.

What's a good set I can make in HR5?

>Generations is my first minster Hunter since one of the psp ones, what's all this about it being shit? Seems like a lot of improvements so far, especially the lack of claw grip.
It's a marked improvement from the PSP era, definitely. It's just sort of noticeably a step in the wrong direction from 4U, which for me personally is actually a first for the series. It's still a good game by all means and I appreciate the quality of life improvements but there's a lot of rushed or poorly implemented design choices in Gens.

>Also, aerial style seems really broken at least for a beginner
It is, but you'll probably also get bored of it really quickly. There's really not much involvement beyond vaulting off monsters and spamming your aerial attack. Adept is in the same boat as far as making the game piss easy too.

late night unlocked turns

ID: 66-0008-4196-0364

When do you ever use CB without a red shield...?

just use adept if he gives you that much trouble, faggot

question
i'm trying to get an ukanlos shoveljaw+. kiranico says that there is a 10% chance of it appearing in the sub quest reward box but it's a 78% chance if you break his face and finish the quest. if i break his face and then end via subquest, is it still 10%? or is it the 78% chance
im playing 4u

lord have mercy on my dick for it is time

I want to murder every single rath that has ever lived, ever.

78% then 10% for each loot roll

>still no breast slider

cant wait to see the neutered western release

Obituary is a good set, you can easily get AuL with a 2 slot charm of some kind. The hardest bit is scoring the bugs from the mewster hunters, and then the sacs, but that's just killing the dome's + Kut-ku each a few times, so it's the stuff you said you can hunt fine and well.

so is adept the go to for every weapon ?

also what does motion value mean ?

He's just a fucking bitch. It's not giving me trouble it's just annoying the shit out of me. I don't get why it keeps running away from me.

hr 6 here, cannot find a good bow armorset/weapon, halp

so i'm just better off breaking his face and then ending via subquest, yeah?

When you start off a hunt and need to charge your phails.
It's also for Axe mode, not Sword, so over half of your attacks don't even get the bonus.

>Why the fuck do people like this piece of shit? I don't have fun hunting it.

It's covered in fur and its armor is really easy to make and generally gives really clutch skills bad players use to trivialise the game.

That's literally it

Shoulda superman

>When you start off a hunt and need to charge your phails.

So for those precious 7 seconds your shield is not red.

here we go boys

yes if you just need jaws

She's clearly displeased with your actions user.

alright thanks man
i'll suck your dick if i see you irl

>so is adept the go to for every weapon ?
It's the easiest style by far but it's not always the best in terms of pure efficiency or speed at killing monsters.

Motion values are sort of like the "base damage" of any given attack, before modifiers are applied to that value.

Guys, I wanna play Bow but I don't wanna die in one hit
What do

upgrade your armor so you die in two hits

Can we get this level of graphics with slightly refined and more balanced regular MH gameplay? If you gave us this, with all weapons being viable it would be perfect.

You're also missing the extension towards the statement, but yes. It's put onto the mechanic, instead of the motion values itself, though you're right on the subject that if you're playing CB right, you should always have said mechanic at full optimization. Saying it directly boosts it's attack though would be incorrect, though saying it strengthens the effect of red shield is correct.

Use a Blademaster helmet.

That is mighty pedantic user. However I hadn't thought too hard about the absence of a sword mode boost.

dont die in one hit

But muh skills mutha fucka
I don't really care about Haphazard or like Power Shots, so that's fine

those are some thick thighs

Thanks for the tip, this seems decent enough and I just need to get more bugs and hunt another Royal Ludroth/Khezu to get enough materials to make the whole thing

I have no idea what's going on....I just want to fap anons...

Just play adept and never get hit.

What is this thing called??

>It's name is at the top left of the screenshot
At this point you're just doing this to try to make a meme. mhg doesn't need memes as we've already got more then we care to use.

Element or Impact Phial for CB? Not sure what to go with this time.

Also Is there any weapons with 3 slots besides joke weapons?

You can never have too many memes.

These hitboxes are such fucking bullshit.

>tfw no rathalos cloaca to crawl inside of and feel like you're in a sauna
>tfw no hemipenis that intertwines around your loins and caresses your body from within it's body

why live

if you don't mind building at least 4 different CBs at the same time and exploiting weaknesses, elements not a bad choice this time

I would recommend you start with an impact CB (the petrified one) and then you can fuck off and build whatever you want

*sniffs*

So
*jumps back and deals damage and knockdown*

So watchu sayin
*spams right hook in circles*

Watchu sayin is
*leaves area twice in a row*

We wuz blangs???
*steals quest reward*

Impact can still KO though right? I know it's been nerfed, but is it still useful for KO?

>beat urgent village glavenus
>rewarded with a music video

>Vouchers/tickets no longer get auto-sent to your box
>Less overall item sets
>No G rank
>Outside of Fated Four, shit-tier monster intros
>Food system changed for no good reason
>No map for villages (to help find the stupid people who wanna talk to you)
>Too many mundane gather-type quests
>Guild Hall renamed to Hunter's Hub
>You NEED to be the host for a villager request in the hub
>Randomly renamed kinsect nectar
>Completely shit on CB's original play style
>Removed arm wrestling
>Lack of backstory for Hyper monsters and Nakarkos
What else am I missing?

There are a lot of problems with blangonga but I've never taken issue with his hitboxes.

He and Plesioth are probably the closest things resembling casual filters in MHGen.

Axe Burst 2 got nerfed a bit, but that KO power is still there. It's just that you can't AED as often and ultras are worthless.

>Lack of backstory for Hyper monsters and Nakarkos

The hunter's hub is a nice change of pace from the gathering halls, and Narkarkos gets more backstory than most final boss elder dragons. I'll give you the rest, though.

1 slot

Get the english patch?

How does she keep stabbing after the first one?

That's not even a legitimate complaint.

Adding.
>Have to post the quest to unlock Hunter Arts.
>No easy way to disconnect anymore.

So don't bother using Ultra AED and it'll be fine?

>no easy way to disconnect
>press x to bring up map
>go somewhere else

Well damn, thanks for proving me wrong.

Yeah. It's not as easy to get the boost back quickly either.

Go Striker or Adept if you haven't figured already.

You can also just close and open your 3DS.

>tfw no rath gf

How exactly does crit chain work?
The only thing I could find was on gfaqs
>Upon hitting the monster, you'll get a 25% affinity boost, if you make 5 consecutive hits, it will become 30%. However if you miss, there will be a cool down of 5 seconds before you can restart the 25% affinity boost.

I don't get this. How can you miss? How long does the buff last if you activate the boost? How long do you have to make those 5 consecutive hits?

>you can't hit corpses anymore because striker would abuse it

I'm gonna do the tutorial hunts and have a look, before I decide on style.
Then I've gotta figure out guardpoints again, but that's a whole other story.

>no Rath gf to snuggle under her wing at night to keep you warm against her belly as you fly upon her back exploring the world

use a weapon that isn't db/lbg/hbg

What?

I don't know about everyone else, but not being able to AED from a GP killed CB for me. Not only that but I think it makes you go into axe mode automatically if you aren't knocked back hard enough.

Fucking kill me now

I can live without the quickdial AED but the change in guardpoint behavior fucked me up real good

It just feels so awful coming from 4U. Probably not that bad for someone who hasn't experienced it before though. Are there any good CB videos that demonstrate it's not a shit weapon now?

I don't get it, you guys said GP's weren't there anymore and that the moveset changed.

Guild has all the regular stuff and guard points are about the same as before, at least the way to activate them is.

I can't seem to figure how to charge my shield to red though.

The skill needs you to hit a monster 5 times within 5 seconds for it to activate and I'm assuming it fades away too if you don't hit a monster after 5 seconds

Press R during an AED when you have five phials.

Then why wouldn't I use db if the weapon is perfect for crit chain? You can constantly attack with it with no issues.

What the fuck about plesioth is a casual filter? Plesioth is online only and dies in no time, he Doesnt even do much damage. People just hate him because you literally get hit by nothing and still take damage and for some fucking reason hes bigger than jhen moran

You don't understand. Guardpoints act differently. At the very least Striker/Adept's additional GPs do compliment their new behavior.

>I can't seem to figure how to charge my shield to red though.

Axe mode or perfect guard then X with Adept in sword mode.