I want a LS-swapped fc3s

I want a LS-swapped fc3s.

How much should I expect to pay to build one? I see people selling them for ~15k w/ a LS1. Am I better off buying someone else's completed car? I would do the labor, but my mechanical skills are limited to simple maintenance.

>le LS swap meme

>I want a LS-swapped fc3s

annnnd serious assmad incoming.

>How much should I expect to pay to build one?
When you have to ask this question, you're gonna have a bad time. Stick to Lincoln logs OP.

it's not really that challenging if everything fits and you're taking the entire harness and everything. im 100% sure there's already mount kits and pages of information online. easier than re-building an engine or something.

to build one, depends on how new everything is. 5k maybe i dont know?

there's nothing wrong with buying someone elses car as long as it was done right and youre okay with buying a car thats been flogged.

Test drove a lolwelded diff, 350 swapped FC, shit was fun, clean, and only like 3k.

I don't know why I didn't pounce on it.

I have a real job though. Currently driving a 06 civic sedan, but I want my next car to be fun.

>Currently driving a 06 civic sedan
Like I said, stick to Lincoln logs

Good on you for wanting something fun, but what you're suggesting is going from wading in the kiddie pool to open water diving.

Im guessing a clean FC shell has got to set you back at least 3k, probably 5 for a really solid one.

The LS is available in steel or aluminum block so prices vary but on the low end I imagine youre looking at perhaps 2k for a lower mileage one w/ wiring harness out of a wrecked Silverado or something similar.

Then you still need a suitable trans, kits are almost certainly available but engine and trans mounts for the car.

Not to mention some surgery will be necessary to get everything to fit nicely in its new home. And then you have the rest of the drivetrain to worry about.

After that is the suspension and brakes. Remember you're talking about easily doubling the stick cars power as well as altering its weight balance. And you're dealing with a twenty plus year old niche sports car.

And the end result is going to be a car far more demanding and nowhere near as forgiving as your current DD.

Its a nice idea and it can be done, the question is should it be. Honestly you are likely better off getting a good used hot hatch or sports car for 15k.

Or if you really like the FC find the best example you can and enjoy it as is. Even a good condition turbo model will likely struggle to command 10k which will leave you some money left over for repairs.

If I go through with it, I plan on getting an aluminum block. The iron block is better for boost applications, but I have no intention of doing that. The way I envision it, I will try to pull an LS1 or LS2 from a F-body/GTO with the T56. There are a bunch of companies that make swap kits that come with everything required. I don't think the weight balance will be fucked with, seeing as how an LS1 weighs 60lbs more than a 13B.

Nobody offers a lightweight RWD car with good power and torque. An LS-swapped RX7 offers the best of both worlds. Power and reliability from a modern V8 with plenty of aftermarket, and a lightweight chassis.

>honestly you are likely better off getting a good used hot hatch
Way to discredit everything else you said, this is some redditor jalopnik tier shit, might as well start wearing black rimmed glasses with no prescription you mazdaspeed faghorn

You'd honestly be better starting off with a C4 Vette and doing a LS swap later.

Why don't you just buy a Corvette, you fucking faggot?

A good hot hatch would probably be quicker around tsukuba than some meme ls swapped fc

>start wearing black rimmed glasses with no prescription you mazdaspeed faghorn
I've never met a Mazdaspeed driver that fits that description. GTi drivers, yes. Mazdaspeed, no.

Because the diff was welded, that's just fucking stupid

>fc3s
Why do stupid people always try to sound smart when talking about RX-7s?

>>The only point in buying an RX-7 is cause it's a rotary.
>Wants to LS swap

Corvettes are for boomers and midlife crisis fags who buy base models in automatic.

Yeah, then we buy them off the dead boomers with low miles and perfect maintenance records and all of the depreciation already gone.

Then we can sell them to GM fangirls so they can get BTFO by Nissans

The only Corvettes worth respect are the performance models like the Z06 and ZR1. Maybe the Z51 package, but base models are the epitome of a midlife crisis car.

if in california anywhere between 8-10k if NOT road legal or with a lot of bullshit involved to legalize it.

~17k (or more) if you go the E-rod route but it would be legal in our shitty state

saving for the E rod since its the better no hassle way over here and, well, its a new engine and trans with everything

Well you probably have cool friends then faggottotron.

Seriously though wait for it, the jalopnik mantra of "hot hatch is the answer kit cars are evil incarnate did we mention we i.d. cars involved in crimes don't forget that we are good people, also let me drag supercars/exotics through the mud because im edgy and this is not your average car & driver journalist here buy this solar dildo coffee mug 63% off"

Also Hot Wings reads it so I love to bash on the website and anything he likes at any chance I get now that Zane isn't around to pick on him, slight bias

you want your next car to be fun so you are looking at getting a car with the most fun aspect removed?

The LS is objectively superior to the rotary. I know this will trigger you autists, but it's true.

Name a clear benefit that the rotary has over an LS engine.

For the cost of buying an ls, the rotary is already making more power
For the cost and amonut of time to swap it in, you're just wasting time and money
it's literally a meme swap and only exists to make threads on carthrottle

YOU FUCK! I WAS DRINKING WATER WHILE VIEWING THAT IMAGE AND IT MADE ME LAUGH SO HARD I CHOKED AND COUGHED WATER ALL OVER THE COMPUTER AND KEYBOARD

>Apex seals
>No torque
>Must rev it to the moon for power
>Burns oil

Sure, you can build up a rotary to 450 HP, but you'll always be worried every time you really punch it. I'm not going to talk about MPGs since it's a performance car, but when an LS can produce the same power with much more torque using half the amount of gas, something's wrong.

Revs
It doesn't sound like the average American farting
Dorito's
Pissing off LS swap fags when people say it's better for an RX series car
Doesn't cost anything to have it as the engine RX car since it's already there.

>but you'll always be worried every time you really punch it.

that's not how a rotary engine works
LS1 owner here.

>has never heard an LS1 corvette

sounds pretty good desu

Nah, I've heard LS1 Holden Commodores and they always sound garbage. There are ways to make a V8 sound nice it's just GM doesn't know how to do that.

HUUR DUUR THIS ENGINE THAT REVS MUCH HIGHER DOESN'T HAVE AS MUCH TORQUE
great, it's not a diesel truck engine anyway

Lsfags don't understand how engines are built and tuned and think every modified jap engine is one sideways gust of wind away from leaning out and going bang

The main thing I take away from LS-swap-into-jap-car mania is that cars that came with an LS from the factory aren't very good or interesting.

You only worry about an engines integrity when flooring it if you didn't build it right, or strong enough, and you know it.

Not debating whether it's better or not. I just said, It's kind of backwards to buy one of the only models of cars that has such a unique engine and take it out. Why not swap out a 240, fairlady, or something else that's cheaper?

>fastest rx7s are rotary powered

you are a dumb nigger OP, for the cost of an LS swap you can get aluminium housings and rotors, it will have better hp/kg than any LS out there, unless you plan on making more than 1000 hp

>compact size allows for better weight distribution
>extremely simple design makes repairing/upgrading on the fly easy
>linear and predictable power band throughout the rev range
>proven track record for long endurance capabilities
>no valve-train bottle neck to limit power or worry about breaking
>almost completely immune to catastrophic failures due to nature of design
>capable of using aluminum side plating's for further weight reduction

everything that can go wrong will, everything that might not be compatible, won't be. Everything that might need to be custom made, will be.
When you take it out on your first spin.. you might have a few broken parts.

Best to get somebody else finished swap and improve upon that.

I dig the mazdaspeed though, the torque steer is kek worthy

Yeah, because it's suburbans and vans and shit people are getting the engines from dude. People say LS, but they really mean LQ/LY a lot of the time.

>modified engine
>only 300hp
>at 9000rpm

a modded ls can make double that at lower rpm

too bad an LS weights 5 times more

more downforce, less rebuilds.
rotaries are utter shit and the sooner you accept that the less fun i'll have baiting you.

>>heavier engine results in more downforce
kek, wat

>baiting you
kek, give it a try then cuck