/hbg/ - Homebrew & Hacking General

Ergonomic edition

Previous thread Missing link /hbg/ Wiki: homebrew-general.wikia.com

-SAFE FIRMWARES-
3DS: 9.2 (Downgrade: 10.7 - Homebrew: Browser/Menuhax up to 11.0)
Wii U: 5.5.1
Vita: 3.60 (Userland)
PS4: 1.76 (Kernel)

-GUIDES-
3DS: pastebin.com/TQwDsWh9
Downgrade + a9lh: github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki
Wii U: pastebin.com/8u0WAyJC
Vita: pastebin.com/4QBkYbFD

-RECENT NEWS-
>3DS
-11.0 Browserhax & Menuhax are out now! smealum.github.io/3ds/
-Install Menuhax ASAP if you're not already on CFW, because Nintendo can block Browserhax remotely without a workaround. twitter.com/smealum/status/758450605568372736
-You STILL can't downgrade, use CFW or install .cia files from 11.0 without a hardmod or hacked system transfer. github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki/DSiWare-Downgrade

>Wii U
-Kernel exploit for 5.5.1 leaked, allowing Loadiine to run and more.
-Development on IOSU allegedly underway i.imgur.com/6f4Ktlh.png
-Enter 104.236.072.203 under DNS Settings to block updates.

>Vita
-New Vita update released. It patches HENkaku.
-Homebrew available now on firmware 3.60. henkaku.xyz

>PS4
-HENkaku ported to PS4 firmware 3.55 github.com/Fire30/PS4-3.55-Code-Execution-PoC

Other urls found in this thread:

gbatemp.net/threads/release-agb_firm-signature-patcher-gba-rom-converter.390313/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

first for vita piracy when

Ok sorry, I was just afraid to mess it up.

tech support

third for what 3ds games should i play?

Pref less play and more reading

Would it be ok to put a bunch of games in queue from the freeshop and leave my system downloading them overnight?

no, it will overheat

Of course.

That vn was actually pretty decent

Oh this looks interesting, thanks

It will brick you system 32 files of the computer. Dont ask how, it just does

op your thread suxxx

>Your device should now be able to boot properly once more.
>It does

>tfw lurking because of Henkaku

>Cross your fingers

I love you user.

>Ill release freeshop 2.0 in a few days
>been a few days
>no freeshop 2.0
Nice """""scene"""""

should my PSP n3ds stick be able to tilt

Fed Force leak when?

Circle Pad Pro solves all the ergonomic problems OP...

I downgraded my system (went through without errors) but now i'm getting a black screen when trying to boot.
I follow the troubleshoot and start without the sd card, then insert it after boot but then it freezes or gives an error.

What do?

>Taiko gets a menu translation
>Theatrhythm DQ doesn't

In other news, DQVII leak when?

read
the
guide

What point are you at right now?

There is always solution of entering recovery mode in your console, but that wold lock you in latest version of software.

Last step:

>Reboot while holding Start to launch Hourglass9
>Go to SysNAND Backup/Restore, then select Health&Safety Inject
>Select hs.app (the original one from Part 4), then press A and confirm to inject

I have inserted hs.app into the root of the SD, but it doesn't find it.

Where should it go?

I'm trying to update a9lh, the guide tells me to boot the 3ds while holding d-pad down but it doesn't work, it just boots up normally
Help lads

Why do I even lurk this general? More than half of these niggas should just watch a video if they can't follow a text guide.

Because you love it.

The guide is incomplete you fucking faggot.

Found the answer on reddit, it's deleting the themes folder (Nintendo 3DS/(Random numbers and letters)/(More random numbers and letters)/extdata/00000000/). The guide just says to try reboot without card or LOLUDUNGOOFD.

So go suck some donkey dick.

Anyone?

It's literally the last passage ;_;

Why doesn't it recognize hs.app?

Never.

never mind, forgot I had to update luma

Ok, Nevermind I was copying the wrong hs.app.

Looks like I'm done.

Any file I'd want to keep around?

I have 10 emunand by now.

>Reddit
You need to go back.

Hello, I read the guide yesterday and would like your advice anons.
My bf gave me his old3dsXL, because he doesn't use it anymore. I want to hack it and play BD MK7 PQ and PKMNX. But it's on the latest version. 11 e33 or something like that. So to get dump I'll have solder and stuff and then downgrade to 10.7 or 10.4. I have soldered before in high school. I took electronics. I don't want to solder my 3ds. I really don't want to.
So Veeky Forums what do I do? Get a flash cart? Do they work? Do they require hack?

Anyone know where I could get a DS Flash cart that has fast delivery and not ran by chinks?

Can you find another hacked 3ds?

>not ran by chinks
I've got bad news user

No sorry. My sister has a stock one but it's also on latest ver.
Will a flashcart work for me? I used one for my ds lite and I played so many games on it. I'm guessing it's not so easy on 3ds. I have roms on my mega.nz but no way to play them :(

if you like it or not, they often come up first on google and they more than not helped with technical problems whereas this board is just 90% shitposting or nothing helpful.

Flash carts need 4.5 to 9.2
The reason I was asking if you could get your hands on another hacked 3ds was that there's an exploit to get you to 10.4 but it needs two 3ds, one already exploited and money for a DSiware game

Found an r4i SDHC 3DS on ebay for $8. Should I get it?

the sky3ds flashcart support 11.0 judging by a quick google search

still, if you can find a 3ds on a lower firmware and use it to downgrade yours, it'll cost a lot less and you'll end up with a more flexible system

What's a good CFW?
Are all good? On my first 3ds i installed cakes and i'm pleased with it.

if its real. However for 5 dollars more you could buy a guaranteed real one

>cakes

Luma3DS is the best for every situation

Currently the only one that anyone cares about and uses is Luma.

Luma is best because it's worked on with A9LH in mind and it's very simple

hacked my 3ds and only played rhythm heaven

Loading (no game soz)

Trying to install some CIA, I'm getting black screen, uh...

Megamix? You can play the original GBA game too and without any input lag to boot

So it's hopeless? Damn. So I have to fork out money for these games now?
I don't have the time or expertise for any of that. Do you know if a downgrade will be possible in the future? Surely someone will find an exploit by the time the NX is out... Or they'll find a way.

Is anyone significant even still working on it or is the scene dead?
OK so sky3ds flashcarts will work?

yea megamix

What CIA? Have you tried rebooting? Be specific.

blargsnes.cia

Worked on my GW previously.

>if you like it or not, they often come up first on google
You do know Google has personalized results, right? They will pop off if you keep clicking them. Not that other user, so you have to go back.

it sounds like Nintendo fucked up downgrading pretty bad with 11.0. The scene's not dead though, smealum and a few others seem to be actively working on the newer firmwares. It's unlikely but possible that they'll figure something out which doesn't require soldering or another 3ds

I just googled it quickly, but yeah sky3ds seems to be the only one which supports 11.0. You should probably do more research before dropping money on it, they're pretty expensive

What are some comfy DS games I could play on my R4i Gold?

asked in last thread but no one answered can I have the data required for 3ds and wii U hacking on the same sd card? I just want to hack my wii U for smash (which I've downloaded onto it) but my only sd card big enough is the same one I'm using inside my 3ds

Thank you underrated user. I won't forget this.

Any last advice?

Wii U or vWii?

999 if you haven't already
Ghost Trick
FE Shadow Dragon
Trauma Centre

Any good action games like senran kagura series on 3ds?

I've already spent hours and hours on SWC 3 and HW.

Thanks. Will definitely try those out.

I made a GS1 VC Cia and it doesn't work either.

What's wrong?

It gives me error and I need to reinstall.

Just finished Plailect's 5 parts guide, what is the most convenient way of changing SD card? Since I realize I need a bigger SD card to hold games.

>FE Shadow Dragon
New Mystery too, it's cash and has just about the most overpowered lord-like character in all of effie.

copypaste

I'm trying to hack the wii U itself not wii mode (i just want to play smash for wii U because my copy is too scratched to play)

not really, other than to double check that you can't borrow a hacked or outdated 3DS before spending any money

also it's pretty easy to get scammed when buying ds flashcarts. I don't know if it's the same with 3ds ones, still it's probably a good idea to research a website before buying from them

Appreciate ya

In the one of the previous threads, there's a mega folder with GBA cias. Golden Sun is in there, so try that.
t. Someone who just installed 8 games from said folder including Golden Sun

They both use FAT32 and I don't think there's any naming conflicts. I haven't tried it but there shouldn't be a problem.

I can say that I use the same card for my wii and wii u with no problems

Already did, it doesn't work. ;_;

The console just gives me error and shuts itself down.

are you on a9lh? If not, you need to install gba games on sysnand and emunand before they'll work

I doubt it with the way the SD card is formatted when setting up a9lh+luma3ds.

If you want to try, make a backup of your SD card for your 3ds by just copy and pasting into a new folder.

Then, put your wiiu folder for loadiine on the SD card of your 3ds and try booting with the url in the wiiu.

If you somehow fuck your SD card up, atleast you'll be able to buy a new SD card and just copypasta your 3ds contents onto the new card.

Does anyone has a small retail cia to try too?

>are you on a9lh?
I followed the guide to the very last part.

Am I?

Hey, friends.
My friend gave me his New 3ds since he no longer uses it and was kind enough to tell me that he used Gateway with it.
I heard A9LH doesn't play nicely with GW 3DSs. What exactly must I do to make it compatible with A9LH?

Pic unrelated.

sorry I'm a dummy. Yeah you are on a9lh, ignore what I said

I think the problem is that Gateway's downgrader is shit. Though if you're using a N3DS, you can't have used Gateway's downgrader.

You've gotta read the op to make GW compat with A9LH.

Come back when you have a specific question on the process and have actually attempted to look up and take the initiative to do what others have documented and done already.

cool glad to hear
Now I just wait until I can get at another tablet charger (mine broke and my tablet died and from the looks of it you need a living tablet to do the exploits)

>tfw waiting for JP 11.0 downgrade
I want to use my pretty SFC N3DS goddammit...

>freeshop is so easy almost feel bad for nintendo
>actually do feel bad for other 3ds devs
>consider actually purchasing dq7

Guys... what's wrong with me?

You knew damn well that 11.0 wasn't supported and yet bought it anyway.

Oooo, colors..

So it's only the downgrader that causes issues? I'll look into it still.

>i'm pleased with it

That basically means you don't give a shit. And that's alright, I guess.

Nope, when I ordered it back in April there was no telling what firmware it'd end up on.

so anyone in the herts, beds, bucks area wanna set up my CFW. Blowjobs for reward?

Oh. I guess you're right.
My fault for being an asshole.

You know damn well that SQEX is actively looking for reasons not to bring Dragon Quest to the West, so it's really in your best interest to help inflate the sales numbers if you want any chance for more.

One more reason to just learn Nipponese

Do i need to do this to play GBA games?

gbatemp.net/threads/release-agb_firm-signature-patcher-gba-rom-converter.390313/

Is that down south?

No worries, the risk was of course there with the long wait for shipment... Still, it's sad to see DSiWare downgrading being a thing but being region locked out of it myself. I've already got two O3DS so my fingers are crossed for JP exploits, but I know it might just not happen.

tbqh I was mostly looking forward to getting some portable SNES gaming going on, and the Vita may have become better for that in the end.

Hey kid. Wanna know a secret? Pirates do buy games to support what they like at times. Take it from me. I went and bought every Etrian Odyssey game so they'll be at least localized even if Atlus isn't the best (Their 7th dragon localization was godtier though [Sega just published it])

Download premade GBA CIAs.