/nintyg/ - Nintendo General: Ancient Memes Edition

This is a general for the discussion of Nintendo consoles and games released on them
Previous: Tags: /3dsg/, /wug/, /smm/, /mk8g/, /ptg/ moved to >Important News
「!」Team Skull and New Pokemon/Alola Forms announced for Sun and Moon!: youtube.com/watch?v=Py2LxgWBaRQ
「!」Splatoon Testfire returns: nintendolife.com/news/2016/08/the_splatoon_testfire_demo_is_coming_back_for_a_summer_fling
「!」Federation Force story trailer: youtube.com/watch?v=9L7moeWarhw
「!」Ace Attorney: Spirit of Justice releasing on September 8th: nintendoeverything.com/phoenix-wright-ace-attorney-spirit-of-justice-launches-sept-8-demo-on-august-25/
「!」New Nintendo Selects and N3DS bundle announced: nintendoeverything.com/nintendo-announces-new-nintendo-selects-super-mario-3d-land-edition-new-3ds-amiibo-bundles/
「!」Darksiders Warmastered announced: polygon.com/2016/7/27/12305518/darksiders-remaster-ps4-xbox-one-wii-u-pc
「!」Snack World confirmed for western release: nintendoeverything.com/the-snack-world-confirmed-for-the-west/
「!」Lady Layton announced by Level-5: youtube.com/watch?v=jRDu2PUNoDo
「!」Live-action Pokemon movie confirmed: deadline.com/2016/07/pokemon-movie-live-action-detective-pikachu-legendary-1201789645/
「!」Animal Crossing New Leaf to receive major amiibo support update in Fall: nintendoeverything.com/animal-crossing-new-leaf-free-update-coming-this-fall-adds-more-amiibo-compatibility-and-splatoon-content/

>Upcoming Releases
3DS -pastebin.com/wDJiwAra
Wii U - pastebin.com/qHUGenK8

>New 3DS XL vs 3DS XL Comparison
nintendo.com/3ds/features/compare#/compare-3ds

>amiibo Compatibility Chart
amiibochart64.files.wordpress.com/2016/08/amiibo-igcc-10.jpg

>Discord chat
discord.me/nintyg

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Fn1M8R-cqA4
nintendoeverything.com/first-4-figures-reveals-link-on-the-king-of-red-lions-statue/
nintendoeverything.com/several-sega-3d-classics-discounted-on-the-north-american-3ds-eshop/
strawpoll.me/11009551
wegotthiscovered.com/gaming/nintendo-outlines-plans-gamescom-new-3ds-colors-2ds-bundles-announced/
youtube.com/watch?v=oqmF8IgxtJ0
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Oooh mamma mia

Is there a compiled database of jap 3ds releases?

Nintendo users generally like buttstuff

U gays

Wikipedia has a list of all 3ds games but it doesnt have everything

Quick question, in XCX, when will the Overdrive be available? Do you need to be in a Skell?

Apologize.

xcx is shit

What's the deal with Battle Cats Pop being removed from the EU eShop?

Apparently copyright issues with the parodies it has

Nintendo doesn't want any game

The comments are awful as usual

hi gor has nice sheets I fell asleep and thread died cuz I was dreaming of him. in my dream he tried to tell me it it was a couch not a bed but I knew better

>ywn know who is Gor's bedsheet designer

i heard gor likes color splash

I heard gor likes women

I heard gor

K well fuck Nintendo then

nintendoeverything.com/first-4-figures-reveals-link-on-the-king-of-red-lions-statue/
>450 bucks
wew

I bought ps4vr instead

ok

I don't know if I should buy Style Savvy on Virtual Console, buy the new 3DS one, or see if I can find a used copy of the DS game at Gamestop.

No reason to get the first one, get the one that's releasing now.

3ds is shit wait for 4dvr from ps4

f4f is overpriced and shitty

can't wait for Dead Rising 4 man

The first one looks fun. I've seen a Let's Play of it.

RoR for NX when

iosu soon

Bs

nintendoeverything.com/several-sega-3d-classics-discounted-on-the-north-american-3ds-eshop/

Get Out Run bros

Nintendo needs to change Rosalina's voice again. It should be deep and have an echo.

Just got to Twinsy Tropics. Does this game get any better, or should I drop it?

I feel like I'm only playing for the boss fights, but the shit in between them isn't enough to make playing the game worthwhile.

I don't own a 3ds being an adult like I am

ok

im g0y

What's your GOTY so far, /nintyg/?

Rhythm Heaven Megamix probably.

Overwatch

My little baby

MOOOOOOOOOOOOODS

Dear /nintyg/.

Is Nintendo really going to suport all three consoles, NX, 3DS and WiiU?

I thought that NX will replace one of those and most people suggested 3DS. Is it really possible to keep all three alive, tho?

Also, are there any info about potential N3DS only games? So far, only two games use exclusively New 3DS - Xenoblade and Issaac, where second is indie PC port and first Wii port.

>So far, only two games use exclusively New 3DS
There are more indie games under that category, and also the SNES VC. Hyrule Warriors Legends might as well be a N3DS only game.

And who knows, the correct decision is the NX being some kind of hybrid replacing both consoles, the stupid decision which will be the one Nintendo will do is the NX being an overpriced home console with some gimmick and dropping the handhelds for phone shit, alienating literally all of their customers.

Darksiders 1 remastered coming to Wii U

Mamma mia how was Darksiders 2 on Wii U? something worth playing?

3ds and wiiu are dead. Get over it.

Dslite + supercard + ez3in1 is all u need

I miss her.

How do you fix the screen ratio on Virtual Console? My N64 games have huge black boxes around them because I use a SD tv.

Why was cat castrated?

You can't change it in the VC configs?
>neko-kun
who whould have thought

Killer Instinct.

it's good but the wii u port is shit

It's very mediocre. Worst in the M&L series but still better than shitter star, most people bought it because it was a semi decent game with paper mario in it

It doesn't get any worse but it doesn't get much better, it's very formulaic and there isn't much going on in terms of actual plot besides going from point a to b to find the princesses only to realize they aren't there so you have to go to another part of the map

The only major redeeming factors of the game are the koopaling boss fights

Why are so many normie nintendo fans so autistic? Most of the pokemon fans I know in real life are brony levels of autism and it makes me sad

>Like nintendo
>realize fanbase is 90% autists
>Like TF2
>Like jojo

it will replace both dipshit

I don't know what kind of people you meet, all Nintendo fags I know are either cool people or retards but not like bronies.

It's mostly just obnoxiousness and autism. I could probably write an entire essay about it but the general gist i get from most people is that they think they're some minority group of people who have so much better taste than others because they're nintendo fans. I know other people do it too but there's something specifically about when nintendo fans do it that annoys me.

A separation from media outside of your bubble (Ninty fans tend to only play on Nintendo systems, and thus aren't exposed to many genres, studios, and systems that aren't predominate within) leads to a belief that their preferences have a special meaning to them.

Gor says Sony is making shit games like Bloodborne right now, but at least he admits to owning a PS4. More Nintendo fans honestly need to leave their bubble, it would do a lot for standards. (and I believe splatoon wouldn't be half as popular if people within the community were more exposed to your average arena shooter)

Nintendo is for babies

ok

Yo /nintyg/, I made this poll about that new Paper Mario game for /v/ but I'll link it in here also out of curiosity:
strawpoll.me/11009551

I like how everyone complains about recolours as if it was that what made a good character.
Also complaining about the combat system on a fucking RPG.

someone tell me some cool pokemon sun and moon things

It's gonna be better than X/Y

thakn godh
compared to as/or

People are starting to realize it was more than just recolors I'm noticing. I keep seeing people point out how the enemy NPCs were what made it really good. Also this isn't a RPG anymore.

It'll appeal to middle schoolers

I didn't see anything. Just controller settings.

I still regularly see le CoD is bad maymays in various nintendo related forums and fb pages with dozens or even hundreds of likes even though cod has been vastly overshadowed by CSGO for the last 2-3 years

I guess the thing that annoys me about nintendo fans is too many of them are out of touch with not only nintendo but the rest of video games outside of nintendo

Cod and csgo both suck. Battlefield I'd best

wegotthiscovered.com/gaming/nintendo-outlines-plans-gamescom-new-3ds-colors-2ds-bundles-announced/

Is the last third or so of Bravely Default so bad that it makes the rest of the game not even worth playing?

Anyone I see bringing up the CoD boogeyman is a literal kid, you have to remember there are a lot of kids on the internet.

It's more like the middle third. The first 4 chapters are solid, the next few are repetitive but build up for the end, and then the end is good again.

>Battlefield
At least say destiny so we think you're babt.

It's always either 12 year old kids trying to be unique or 30 year old beta males who can't move past their childhood

What does Gor think about this I wonder

Gor seems like the kind of guy to like CoD.

Gor the typa nigga to play CoD for the story

Stop?

Apologize for what? I'm looking forward to Color Splash.

Asl?

Who?

No thx

Yes.

Check gamestop or ebay.

This.

Through the grapevine?

Already have most of them with the Japanese Archives 1 & 2. PuyoPuyo might come stand alone soon.

I think once NX is out Nintendo will focus on that and make down ports to 3ds and wii u.

Never got to meet her.

>tfw don't know any Nintendo fans that realize they made stuff besides games
>nobody to talk to about handfuda cards or game & watch
>not even the arcade games
>nobody to talk to about weird peripherals or projects like the SFC rewritable cartridge

Feels bad.

Every nintendo fan I've met is cringily autistic just like me.

Splatoon is way more fun that cod and star wars battlefront.

Starting with Sticker Star I think Paper Mario is a platform puzzle game.

CSGO is trash. This is coming from someone who used to suck valve dick and play source all day.

This. Battlefield has so far been the best shooter.

I think therefore I yam what I yam.

Nigga pls lmao.

I went through the black is 2 story and it's just way too much random shit.

Playing Cod for the story now is just literally "stop this terrorist or defector".

My two favourite games are ruined by companies who don't really care about the franchise at all

R.I.P. paper mario and Team Fortress 2, you will be missed

People are complaining because pretty much 90% of the characters are recolours. I mean, these toads look somewhat better than generic toad NPC #43821938, but if they all have the same personality and function the same way they'll only be slightly less generic toads. Even the toads in PM64 toad town were varied to some degree beyond their appearance.

People that hate XY but think Sun & Moon will be much different are going to be disappointed.

I loved XY and the game looks like a more polished version of that, so I'm gonna have a good time.

we're gonna die, aren't we

New Yooka-Laylee trailer.

youtube.com/watch?v=oqmF8IgxtJ0

Anyone have good Nintendo literature?

So far I have Before Mario, History of Nintendo vol. 1 & 2 (when are they translating the rest?), and GameBoy World 1989.

Upcoming is that NES book by Primaguides (I think it's them, lmao how they were charging $50 for that shit and nearly cut the price in half) and there's also some kickstarter book.

So I'm seeing here two different versions of PaD X for 3ds? Can anyone tell me the version differences?

PaD?

I couldnt do this without using the amiibo for HP. Fuck wolf link.

Malo Mart a best.

Just picked up a regular size n3ds. I want to have a nice case for it to prevent damage but the only one I can find is pretty cheap looking. Anyone else use a reg n3ds and find a quality case?

d-did shiggy plagiarize the opening of paper mario for galaxy?

There ain't much bud. The 3ds by itself is pretty solid so getting one of those little padded cases is fine. Amazon has some too.

>did shiggy steal from shiggy?

twilight princess sd is garbage. now i truly see why people thought wind waker graphics would be better at the time

why would anyone buy the wii u version unless theres an amiibo

IS developed PM though

>implying shiggy did shit with paper mario before eviscerating it

And Shiggy was the Producer of it.

I have Mario Maker in the mail. Do the costume-based event courses ever expire?

This. Producer is literally creator.