hold me Veeky Forums

Other urls found in this thread:

greenville.craigslist.org/cto/5616438982.html
washingtondc.craigslist.org/nva/cto/5611156980.html
greensboro.craigslist.org/cto/5592685094.html
ithaca.craigslist.org/cto/5601226835.html
boston.craigslist.org/gbs/cto/5604492694.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

I will hold your dick. No homo though okay~!

o-okay

clean title as in he has it, and not a loan.

someone please help this guy before he get cucked.

greenville.craigslist.org/cto/5616438982.html

Man that sucks. So many motherfuckers trying to sell you bullshit. This shit should be illigal in tha future given what's at stake

That happened to me but I drove three hundred miles to find out it was salvage. Bought it anyway and it was so far my favorite vehicle I've ever had. Got totaled a year later

>15193262
He's already getting cucked. A sedan is practical. Baby hasn't even been born, let him enjoy it while he can. If he's smart, he'll get a turbo Forester.

No, sorry, you're wrong. Liens would also disqualify it as a clean title, but a salvage title is not, and never has been, a "clean" title. Please carry forward this nugget of knowledge.

I know. I'm playing devil's advocate. That's probably how the seller justified it in his head. and/or he's just a dumbass

A salvage could have been clean but it won't be clean again

The guy emailed me back with a picture of the vin plate and answers to my questions and everything; I was so stoked. I'm still going to check it out this weekend, but I'll be fucked if I'm going to pay clean title price for a salvage car, no matter how much dosh he spent on it.

There's decent shitbox "project" versions for less than he's asking for this wreck... but it looked so good in the pictures ;-;

it was clean before it was a salvage, but a salvage is, from inception, unclean

what car?

I've seen plenty of cars on salvage titles that could be roadworthy in a day or two of hard work. The big problem with salvage titles is getting the title rebranded

1985 RX-7 GSL-SE, last king of the FBs

Technically speaking at least so far the NC DMV is concerned (But I am fairly sure it's the same in most states):

Clean title: No salvage/flood/rebuilt/reconstructed/theft/mileage rollback or rollover/liens

Unclean/Branded title: it has one or more of the things above

Also, you have a practice called title washing, were people will buy a car, then go through the processes of registering it in several different states over a short period of time in hopes that the paperwork doesn't catch up, and that get a state DMV to issue the title without the brand, thus you will only know about the unclean aspects by running a vehicle history report

>The big problem with salvage titles is getting the title rebranded
The other issue is that with companies, insurance premiums will be much higher on a salvage/rebuilt/reconstructed vehicle

Agreed. The salvage car I bought was an el Camino that was near perfect and optioned out and I payed half the price they usually go for. Honestly though just try to just avoid it if you could. You'll never get the money you put into it because no one wants a salvage car and in a case like mine where it gets totaled and it's not your fault, the insurance company will try and fuck you by saying "it's a salvage car it's not worth anything." No matter how nice it may be

It's legal to drive as-is (rebuilt title, technically).

Yeah, I wouldn't get comprehensive on it if I got it :(

drive/fly further.

washingtondc.craigslist.org/nva/cto/5611156980.html

greensboro.craigslist.org/cto/5592685094.html

ithaca.craigslist.org/cto/5601226835.html

boston.craigslist.org/gbs/cto/5604492694.html

The biggest problem with salvage title vehicles that have been repaired is that it's almost impossible to tell from looking at it whether or not it has underlying frame damage. Body panels and paint are easy to replace but if the frame is slightly warped/bent then you're screwed.

No insurance company will even offer you comprehensive coverage on a salvage/rebuilt title vehicle. Hell, it's hard to get some companies to even offer liability coverage on one.

Okay. Ewww you fucking smell.

Anyway does it show what the damage actually was for? I browse those car insurance auctions Veeky Forums posts sometimes and they were selling a lotus elise that was "a complete write off" and it had slashed tires, a ruined convertible top, and some scratches on the paint, and that's it. someone had just been mad at someone else.

I'm not driving to North Carolina, MARY!

>No insurance company will even offer you comprehensive coverage on a salvage/rebuilt title vehicle. Hell, it's hard to get some companies to even offer liability coverage on one.

This. My wife's first car was a salvage title 96 Blazer, cheapest insurance we could get was basic state minimum through Geico, 1600 for 6 months

Auto check/Carfax are getting alot better about reporting frame damage in history reports now

Basically, when you file a claim, your insurance calculates the cost to completely repair the car against it's current value. If the repair cost exceeds a certain percentage (if differs from state to state) they write the car off. I've seen decent shitboxes at auction written off because someone busted out all the glass or ripped up the interior

only one of those is a gsl-se, but thanks

But they're all clean FBs. What's so special about the gsl-se? Is it the only fuel injected one?

> cheapest insurance we could get was basic state minimum through Geico, 1600 for 6 months

HOLY FUCK. I'm going to call my agent tomorrow and ask them what liability would cost; if it's more than 300/6 mos I'm not touching it. Fuck that mess.

It was off the fucking chain. Geico and State Farm were the only 2 companies we could even get to write an offer for it, and State farm wanted something like 2100 for 6 months months minimum coverage. Neither would offer anything more than minimum.

If we hadn't got the piece of shit for free, I wouldn't have even bothered dealing with it.

Fuel injection and different rear end with LSD

I curse my shitty midwest psuedo-city and all the rednecks in it but I must admit the insurance prices are sweet. Fully insured on geico for an S2000 for $45 a month. Put in a quote for a 10 year old CRV I was thinking about getting, it was $75... for six months. Did it twice to confirm it was $12.50 a month.

People don't think about it, but location does impact your rates. When we moved after buying our house, our rates dropped over 25% a month because whatever table the insurance company uses to calculate rates decided our new neighborhood was less risky

>Watching craigslist
>Find bike I have been wanting forever
>Decent price too
>Fuck yeah
>Email seller
>Says someone is coming to look at it in a couple days
>Fuck, I work all week
>Tell him I'll come after work to look at it
>No response
>Check CL a couple days later
>Listing gone
FUCK

Kek, I pay like 13 a month extra on my policy for basic liability on my salvage truck

Then again it's for "pleasure" and has maybe seen 500 miles under my ownership. I'm 21 BTW.

insurance companies still think you're 16 until the day you're 25. Exactly why I waited to get anything more than a shitbox until I turned 25.

>see ad for something on craigslist
>send text and email, no reply
>item posted again a few days later
>send another text and email, no reply
>few days later, item posted AGAIN
>send text and email again, finally get a reply
>claims he never got any of the other texts or emails

Oh well, I got 2 Steelcase Leap V2 chairs in almost brand new condition for $125 a piece so I can't complain too much.

>posting bike on CL soon
>it's ~$1k bike + all the spare parts I've got
>going to have to deal with all those retards trying to knock the price down even further when it's already a sweet deal
>those people who don't read the whole ad and ask a question I already answered
please god I hope it gets sold in less than a week.

>when those fucking kids text you if you would trade it for a civic and their xbox