Mazda 6

I'm looking to upgrade my old Camry with something new. I was looking at the Mazda 6.

How are these things to drive? Does Mazda have any plans for the MS6 to come out again?

What's your budget? Does it have to be new?

How old is your camry? what's wrong with it? budget? cash or financing? how much do you make a month? how's your credit?

$35k, I'd prefer new

2007 Hybrid with nearly 500k miles on it. It's due for yet another battery change and work which would amount to nearly $10k between a transmission rebuild, battery replacement, and a few other things.

I make $110k a year, credit isn't super good due to being foreclosed during the housing crisis (low-700s now).

Also, I'm paying "cash" but I'm going to try to get a good deal on financing and pay it off before 30 days.

Accord v6, BMW 335i, Audi A4, Lexus is250

If I was in your position looking for a new car I would buy a ND Miata. That's just me though.

Ooo I forgot WRX. That's definitely one to consider if sportiness means anything to you.

Why do you want a boring mid-size sedan? The mazda 6 might be the sportiest but it's like being in the special olympics. Even if you win, you're still retarded.

Buy a used corvette or a cayman. If you need 4-doors finance a new chevy ss or buy an E39 540i or M5 or a facelift E38. And if you're not an enthusiast why are you here? We don't care which shitbox you buy because they're all pretty much identical. Except Nissan. They're shit.

35k can get you a Mustang GT and from what ive seen the interior quality on the new ones is miles better than before.

>Buy a used corvette or a cayman.
This comment is cringe worthy.
How autistic are you? Not everyone wants to be a racecar driver.

I'm also looking at a WRX. I already have a Miata but it needs a lot of work before I can track it. Not a good car for daily drivimg.

I want something practical for long distance driving on a daily basis, and can comfortably sit 2-4 people. Most people here drive econoboxes and old boring cars. I'm here because I've been here for years, and I do have a track car, and I also have a 240z I'm restoring very slowly as well. Not to mention my off-road rig. None of these are suitable for my daily use though.

How are the back seats on these? My first car was an old V6 Mustang my mom gave to me years ago, and I don't remember the back seats being good for anything. Gas consumption is a huge factor as well considering I'm going to be using this for long drives through different states on a weekly basis. I'm actually driving 1000 miles to the east coast of Florida for a single job tomorrow. Though I'll be renting a car for the trip.

Forgot my pic

Thankfully the trip is going to earn me a good $9k.

Yeah man if you already have toy cars and just want a good DD the Mazda 6 is a good choice, same with Mazda 3.
My DD is a Civic Si but I also have a modded Miata.

what drugs are you moving?

E39s are hell to keep running, they will leave you on the road for sure. I've just had bad experiences with the M5 E39

>4 people
>great for long distance driving
A used Lexus LS430. One of the best cars ever made.

If by drugs you mean ship instruments, then yes.

I'm wary of BMWs. From personal experience I've had a bad time with them. I wouldn't want one unless I could both dedicate all my time and effort for maintaining them and I made more money.

I mean the parts that break down are all mechanical and I guess it's as reliable as a golf mk4, but you know, bmw parts are way more expensive

I know you're against BMW, but a mate and I drove a standard transmission 2014 BMW 328i AWD about 2500km through the Canadian Rockies over a long weekend. Fantastic! Super stable, great acceleration, great economy (~34mpg). If you're looking new for that price I'd check out a Honda Accord.

Geez! What kind of instruments? Please don't say musical...

It sounds like you have plenty of "exciting" cars so id say get the Mazda 6. My brother has one and it's pretty smooth, lots of room, comfy, and great on gas. He drives from San Diego to LA every couple weeks, sometimes a few weekends in a row and he enjoys it. Plus it's great on gas, he fills it up every few weeks. It's a nice, respectable car, don't listen to all these shitbox driving, ken block wannabes. Not every car you buy has to be a 300hp hoon mobile

>How are these things to drive?
better than any mid-size sedan

im sure the car is great but
god damn why are the color choices so fucking boring
black
less black
white
less white
blue
less blue
metalish black
RED

jesus fuck and its not like its just mazda all new cars are these same colors.

New Passat is better.

be careful, this is inside
it's good engine, but it lasts max 5 years, then you'll need brand new one

Because that's what people buy. It's stupid as fuck and I miss being able to get even shit boxes in yellow.

>tfw no MS6 wagon

I don't even like the styling of the current gen Mazdas but I would own the shit out of an MS6 wagon.

>Mazda 6
>rotary
No.
>5 years max
Just no.

Nice try though

They look uglier than ever, get a WRX fool, practical,fun,doesn't look like shit.

Test drive a GTI with the performance package

Yes I'm serious
It feels like a top end luxury car inside, and it drives really well
The 6 speed is fun too

>pigfat
>FWD
>four banger
>le meme buzzword technology

Take your "fun to drive" and "it's preppy" and "muh em pee gee" and shove it up your cuck ass. Go buy a car that doesn't always put your life in danger when ramping onto a highway. Mazda is so fucking irrelevant this generation.

I love how the new Mazdas look, but I would also suggest getting a WRX over any of their econoboxes.

>Go buy a car that doesn't always put your life in danger when ramping onto a highway.
What?

This, or even a 460. You can get one for well under $20k and it's comfy as fuck.

As for new, the Mazda 6 is a good choice. Apparently they're not going to try to fuck with hot hatches/sedans for a while, but they're apparently still trying to diesel...maybe...

You could also try an Avalon Hybrid if you liked the Camry at all, little more than a long wheelbase version, and if you're willing to wait the Accord Hybrid is coming out fairly soon IIRC. I've also heard good things about the Chrysler 300 and Chevy Impala, though I cannot speak to their reliability.

Completely boring, yes, but Mazda red is best red.