Show up to buy 2009 z51 Corvette on Craigslist

>show up to buy 2009 z51 Corvette on Craigslist
>everything checked out in the listing
>current owner has owned the car for 3 years
>show up, owner is a guy in his early 20s

into the trash. I refuse to buy a sports car from anyone other than middle aged or old guys. Why? Because too many kids think they are Jeff Gordon and put extreme amounts of wear on their trannys.

>red flags general

Other urls found in this thread:

dallas.craigslist.org/dal/cto/5616031070.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>just needs a tune up!
>just needs a 20 dollar part to run perfect!
>has xxxx issue but I am sure it's a simple fix
>bought for my teenage daughter
>has (some absurdly high mileage) but it's just getting broken in
>needs xxxx part/repair, just to busy to do it

your thread is shit but i will contribute anyway

the number one red flag in america, especially is southern california, are mexicans

you have no fucking clue how mexicans own their vehicles.
they don't change oil.
ever.
they don't do any type of service, even if the car is brand new.
they are notoriously bad car owners.

another red flag is a clean engine bay.
this is a motive often rooted in scumbag reasoning. whoever takes the time to clean their engine bay is obviously a bitch and should not be trusted.

>not doing research on a vehicle

often you can find the exact issue posted on a TSB, which means the behaviour is normal and didn't come from any abnormal abuse or general poor ownership

you have no idea how idiots goto the dealership or their mechanic with simple problems and told the repair will cost hundreds or thousands.
if the car is old enough, they will consider this an oppertunity to sell

>the number one red flag in america, especially is southern california, are mexicans

Also extremely true, you just don't run into it as much around here

Oh I am well aware, just that's usually NEVER the issue with cars on CL around here.

>just needs a tune up
Usually years of neglected maintenance

>20 dollar part
head gasket

>xxxx issue, I'm sure it simple!
Racoons have been eating the electrical system for 6 months

>teenage daughter
needs no explanation

>high mileage
it's starting to fall to shit and they are trying to get rid of it

>just too busy to make a simple repair that will allow me to ask thousands more for the car
the repair won't be simple

>show up to buy 2009 z51 Corvette on Craigslist
>everything checked out in the listing
>current owner has owned the car for 3 years
>show up, owner is a guy in his early 50s
>$50k OBO, no tire kickers I know what I got, rare color combination

Since this is the only craigslist thread

dallas.craigslist.org/dal/cto/5616031070.html

Share my pain.

>NO JOYRIDERS
>NO DREAMERS
>NO TEST DRIVES

I never like when people say watch out for a clean engine bay. I think it depends on whos selling it. Like a guy who loves his car or some shady guy. I like to clean my engine bay once every 6 months or so. So it usually looks cleaned up. But I don't ever plan on selling either of my cars. I'll drive them til they disentigrate.

Similar to a red flag, but a deal breaker for me is a Super Duty or Silverado with ESOF

Mismatched tires

youngfag here i had the same experiance.

much better to buy a car from an oldfag especially if its well maintained and he doesnt look like a shitstain

Cubans are horrible as well... probably even worse.

Funny enough, I am in my early 20s and black but I too only buy cars from middle aged and old white middle class males. You are not alone OP. I'm a bit worse though, I'm not racist, but I wouldn't buy a car from an ethnic minority despite being one myself.

>and black
>black
How do you live?

What's the best way to buy a Craigslist car when you're spending 10s of thousands? Meet at a bank afterwards?

I ask myself the same question from time to time. I share a skin colour with so many uncivilized individuals that sometimes it can be quite exasperating. C'est la vie.

But alas, I aim to enjoy my life to the fullest.

As a fellow black man myself, you sure sound like some house nigga Uncle Tom, and I would hate to be in the same room as your bitch-made ass.

Police Station and a bank.

>Mexicans
Don't get me wrong brah, I'm racist as fuck; but I think it's the opposite. Every Jose I know takes extremely good care of his shitbox, especially if it's a late model chebby pickup. I have a brown neighbor that washes his bean mobile every week and waxes it at least once a month. Maybe it depends on if they're first or second generation; I imagine the first gen grew up poor as fuck so they take care of things of value. While their fuckboi chilrens, who had everything handed to them by their hard working parents and gubment programs, don't give 2 shits about maintenance

I recently picked up a two year old CTS that was owned by the an older gentleman who lived in a retirement community. When I asked the salesperson who he traded it in he mentioned that the older gentleman paid in full and traded it in for a new CTS V. The salesperson also said he came back to the dealership after a week of owning the V complaining about bald tires...

I share your sentiment. I'll continue enjoying my "Uncle Tom" safe life and I hope you continue enjoying your lifestyle choices.

>be turk in Germany
>engineering uni
>mfw the feels are the exact same shit
Something is wrong here but whatever solution I think of just confuses me more

Good luck finding one optioned with a floor shift and and higher trim than work truck.

>I have power of attorney

It's that moment when you realise that whilst you share the skin colour and appearance with a group of people that behave a certain way, but as an individual you're nothing like most of the other people that look like you.

I've stopped bothering trying to find a solution and just did my own thing.

Perhaps you'll need to come up with some sort of solution that will be more permanent. A final one?

>Be me
>be Cuban
>all the men take great care of their vehicles, half of my uncles are mechanics in a family owned shop.

>meet other Cubans
>trashed V6 mustangs and pickups galore

Not needed. I'm quite enjoying life as it is. Sure the negative stereotypes can be a real downer sometimes, but life's good otherwise.

Well, I clean my engine bay cause I don't like to worn on crusty, oily and dirty shit.

However, all my cars had complete service history and I never hid anything from the buyers, some even quit from the purchase probably because they weren't expecting someone telling all the truth and got suspicious.

I'd say clean engine bays haven't got a 100% correlation with "scumbagness".

Jesus fuck why

Holy shit this
Used to work for a repair shop
Every mexican or young person under the age of 25 that comes in. their car has either been running with little to no oil, running with the cel, brakes down to 1mm or less, ball joints all fucked up, oil leaking everywhere. No point suggesting to get it fixed because they get offended and think us mechanics are the devil and that the car was running fine before.
Pic related typical write ups for these type of owners.

Isn't this from reddit, and the person who brought the car in an old lady?

Damn man. I hope that bitch never sells.

I see what you did there.

>go for a test drive
>Ask owner to drive first
>Drives it like 2fast2furious
>Notice burning oil smell
Perfect he did all the work for me to not sell me the car

Got my car at 15 and always did oil changes every 3-8k miles, usually on the shorter side. It's 170k miles and takes nearly 10k to black the oil. I'll admit, I don't know any other young people that know shit about cars.

Plugs have been changed on my car, and everything maintenanced, the car is just solid. But that's why I won't sell it.

You never know, the owner could have taken decent care of the car. Did he seem like an idiot?

In Arizona it's the same deal
>mid to late nineties pickup or SUV
>near 200,000 miles
>looks like it crashed into a JC Whitney warehouse
>salvage title
>habla espanol
> $6000 - $10,000

Just moved to AZ where at

Tucson

>one woman owner

>20000 miles and almost 3 years between services
>last service was a timing belt change by garage with generic name, no phone number on the stamp, and no receipt
>tyres have 100 miles in them before they go
>trip computer says there's less than 20 miles of petrol left

I still bought it because they offered a 12 month warranty
the worst thing that's happened is that the heater resistor appears to be on it's way out because the air seems to only go as cold as "luke warm" and one of the fan settings doesn't work

Canadian mexicans must not be that bad then. Purchased pic related from dumbass 17 y/o kid because getting speeding tickets on daddys insurance. Within the time he owned for a year he put it a new clutch, belts, timing chain, tensions, guide, starter, and swapped the interior for leather. Picked it up for 1300$ with 280k kms.

ayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy
Lived here 24 years. Picture is just outside of Marana on my way to Nevada for reasons.

>buy completely used and abused LS1 trans am. shit was used for pizza deliveries
>engine runs fucking perfect.

if you buy a car that was grandpa'd around, you're going to have mad carbon build up on the pistons. and cars that aren't used aren't maintained.

ops fucking retarded. kill yourself

>whoever takes the time to clean their engine bay is obviously a bitch and should not be trusted.

white trash redneck detected

>not cleaning the bay when you have it apart

its called being an enthusiast.

I've never understood >it just needs a sub $100 part

If so, why not put it on yourself so you don't have to list the vehicle with a broken part?

>dallas.craigslist.org/dal/cto/5616031070.html
THEY DID WHAT? WHY IS THAT GUY STILL ALIVE MURICANS? EXPLAIN YOURSELF... YOU HAVE ALL THE GUNS IN THE WORLD AND YOU LET SOME IDIOT RAPE A BENTLEY LIKE THIS? WHY?

Holy fuck the make GSP look bad with this skarabudž

UK red flags
>Asian (the dirty paki kind, not the jap kind. Not that we actually have any chinks or japs that aren't students or old white guy's wives)
>woman
>The working class / chavs
>Upper class young white male (aka toffee nosed twat)
>Anything modified at all, even a stereo change

But mostly the asians. They are the mexicans of the UK.
I have no idea how they get here, they're not even in the EU for fucks sake.

the fucking madman

dis nigga

i like u mayne

90s Mustangs aka Cuban Ferraris

sup nigga, what does house nigga mean, nigga?

Ayyy nice
I like driving up to Casa Grande during the nights.
Just had a newborn though so I might have to get rid of the Mark Viii

>Lady driven

seriously go die

McNiggerator????

My only regret as a car owner is that in one year I torched a clutch by driving like a race fag.

>checking out craigslist car
>older white lady selling her ex-husband's weekend fun car (JUST)
>first couple people who checked out the car were mexicans
>all had excuses or weird requests for sketchy payment arrangements
>sells it to me instead because, in her words, I'm white and sound like I'll take care of it instead of shipping it across the border to be chopped

>looks like it crashed into a JC Whitney warehouse

I know Bentley R-Types aren't worth a whole lot but holy shit.

Also what's with old folks and C4 suspension components and engines? Drives me insane when they try and use that as a selling point. And the all caps, fuck.

I'm not too hung up on this sort of thing. I usually buy toyotas or lexus that were constructed in japan, as long as it's got oil in the engine it's probably ok.

I've never looked at the odometer or log books or service history or any of that shit because jap built toyotas are pretty much indestructible. Not even a woman could kill one of these things.

sorry i meant to say clean shiny tires + clean engine bay

like another user said, clean bay can not be bad depending on who you buy it from. but more often than not, the psychology behind cleaning your engine bay involves either hiding something broken, or desperation to get more cash

either way cleaning your enginebay is a trick used on normies.
i would much rather prefer looking at a used car in an untouched state, i actually find it disrespectful when someone cleans their bay before selling it. it just seems like such a stupid maneuver

only idiots do this, and its no surprise that some people on Veeky Forums are defending the fact they clean their engine bays

you're an idiot

I bought my c5z06 off Craigslist. Granted I found it on the forums as well. Young kid, early 20s. Knew he beat on it occasionally. Bother me? No, as I'm gonna beat on it too.

You can torch a clutch just by being new at stick, man. For being sacrificial parts, clutches are unusually hard to replace though.

>high RPM starts because dun wanna stall
>clutch is already worn, proper starts = bang bang chatter chatter fart noise

why not clean your tires? it's easy and makes the car look nicer

you should pay more attention to how the car works than how clean it is

you can always take the car on dirt roads if that's your fetish

>cleaning the engine to trick normies and cleaning the engine because you dont like your shit looking like a junkyard special are the same thing

>anything that's been modified

Seriously, they fuck up something that's a lot of work and just try to pawn off their fuck up on damn near every one I actually did look up

>cars not at my house/apt

>car is unregistered

Kek. I've witnessed this type of thing at my dad's shop. The shit that comes in and the way people respond to "this needs to be fixed" is like the world is coming to an end. But don't worry the new iPhone is out so they'll go get that