Truckerfag Thread: Whiney Boogaloo Pt. II

It's everyone's favorite spam thread, featuring your favorite Swift driver: Whiney-Kun

>We're on our way out the door with self driving trucks
>Roller dogs got us fat
>Overworked
>Underpaid
>NEETs
>Cucks

Don't be a truck driver right away. Follow your dreams, get that degree in business anthropology and become a truck driver since no one will hire you with that useless degree!

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=5POSem2xd94&feature=youtu.be&t=25s
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

44 TONNES
T
O
N
N
E
S

You had one job. ONE JOB!

Good morning Veeky Forums

Just made it into my delivery whicg was scheduled for 6am.
Foubd out the contractor that im here to see doesnt get in until 7. I hate wheb my fridays start like this.

8.1 memes per gallon with my meme hood reporting in. (1,000) miles

Did you buy that 389 new?

I'm the user that drives school buses, the other day we hired a guy that claimed he was fired from Schneider for doing an illegal u-turn. I got the usual "b-but I was a good boy dindu nuffin" speech but do they really fire 5 yr veteran drivers for that?

I'm not with Schneider but with my company U-turns are also automatic firing offenses. We, and they, have drive cams that detect the U-turn and upload video of it so that's how you get caught.

Other automatic firing offenses are falling asleep while driving and speeding, even 1mph, in construction and school zones.

New off lot 11 months ago. And idk man 5 year driver canned for a u turn. Idk. How do u drive 5 years Schneider is my question .

Any u turn at all?

yes any u turn at all even (esp.) michigan u turns if u do one of them they fire u on the spot electronically disable u truck and report u to the IRS

This may be a bit of an over embellishment but yeah most of the mega corps have a u turn u fired policy.
I can still remember driving for an extra hour due to missing a turn.
>Schneider
>can fire you if you don't hook up air lines "the Schneider way"
>brag about it during orientation

>finally build my model REX
>realize it'll probably shake apart in cab
So I get a second one.. God damn am I stupid..

How did I bust these trailer leaf springs? Was is the daycab druriftus or the landfill 'froadin? itisamystery.jpg

Hopefully your supers checked his DMV printout, at an old company I worked for we "hired" a guy who said he was "laid off" from 3 different environmental companies. Turns out he was using a really old printout for interviews and had 2 DUI's with a revoked license.

How the hell does it know when you fall asleep? Bad lane holding? What if you drop your coffee/smokes/rollerdog and start braile driving while fishing for it? I understand why sleeping at the wheel is a blatantly unsafe situation, but how can a tattler know?
>da robits is watchin muh brain, Cleetus!

>How do u drive 5 years Schneider is my question .
One day at a time.

how do u pick between rollerdogs or tornadoes me I just get both.

I got the impression he's a little slow in the head. He's also morbidly obese and missing most of his teeth. Pretty nice guy but he's kinda weird. They're having him do a route for now.

He told me he and his wife drove as a team. Supposedly no one else would hire them so I'm guessing they fucked up a lot worse than an illegal U-turn.

Because DriveCam's have driver facing cameras. They trigger on G-force profiles. A rumble strip detection coupled with a jerk back triggers em every time. Last year we had two drivers fall asleep and wreck their trucks. One guy was only three hours in to his shift and the video showed him practically falling out of his seat to the right. He tried to claim he sneezed and that made him pass out. As if that's better to have in a driver somehow.

>buying rollerdogs
>ever

>delivering costco loads
>1030 and 1200
>way past normal loading times
>Schneider delivery cut in front of me at noon.
>sign in and listen to warehouse lady bitching out dispatch for making ME late.
Honestly I couldn't care less but it's nice to be thought of
>back alley enough room for one vehicle
>see GUARDA armored truck heading my way
I'll be nice and move over so he can get by me.
>GUARDA whips a u turn in the offered space and blocks 90% of the road and sits.
>mfw I squeeze by him with like an inch to spare between the soccer mom van illegally parked and his mirrors
>see him pass me and give friendly wave
>death stare
Y-you too..

I'm probably going to regret this, but what the fuck is "The Schneider Way" to hook up air lines?

You know,I never bothered to ask the guy..and it's always bothered me. I imagine it's the way you attach them.

Yeah the way you attach them, how many quirky little ways are there? Do you have to do a little Irish jig and ring a bell each time you hook up the hose? Slam down a football? Take a shot of vinegar? Ice bucket?

Maybe "The Schneider Way" is just actually attaching them, and it's a dig on SWIFT. Sorry Whiney.

"user, you must drive through the land of incredibly slow, strictly rationed data roaming"
>but how will I shitpost and get all my pronz?
*qualcomm stays silent*

Well, farewell truckerfag thread, hopefully I'll see you on the other side

I just got my CDL permit and start training with swift on monday...are they a good company to work for?

What if you could link trucks like this?

truck, trailer, truck, trailer.

the truck in front does the steerring, and both trucks pull. The idea being that while one driver is driving, the other is sleeping. Then after 8-10 hours they stop and swap either drivers in trucks, or the trucks positions. Then the rested driver drives and the other sleeps.

Yes

You'll find out soon Enough. There's this thing called "truck company reviews" you can Google.
Before youake any more life decisions I'd do research.

Many, many reasons why this would not work or be feasible. Team driving is already a thing, one person drives while the other sleeps in the back. You don't need the added expense of a whole other truck that isn't even driving, just extra weight being pulled along. The weight of that second truck would take away from the overall weight you're legally allowed to haul. Basically it wouldn't add anything to have an extra truck, and might actually take away from your overall productivity.

I have been trolled.

They are the best in class.

Nope, you have fucked up now. It's a good company if you're gonna constantly be smashing into shit though.

Trailer got rejected at a shipper for having a tiny granule of glass/silicon in it after I swept it out. I don't even know how that got in there since we primarily carry boxed candy. I ain't waiting until Monday to get loaded that's for sure.

I call 3 months until user hits a low bridge.

monthly reminder

I C E R O A D S
C
E

R
O
A
D
S

Isn't being a truck driver "living the dream".

The point is that they'd both be hauling the load, but then you run into the 'why not a regular team driver' thing.

Personally, I see trucks being more powerful and hauling more trailers around. Especially for container haulage. Road train shit, especially if the USA just gives up and gives them a dedicated truck-only lane on interstates.

With hybrid/EV technology, you could even just unhook a trailer at the gate and guide it in on foot to unload it.

>How did I bust these trailer leaf springs?

Couldn't handle 44 TONNES m8. Dont overload next time and drive slower over bumps.

RIP

Now these fucks want to reschedule for Monday and have me run short loads for the WalMart DC in Corrine. But if I do that I won't have enough hours to take this load from Jerome, ID to Hopkinsville, KY. I told my dispatch that but he's sure I can make it.

EVERY FUCKING TIME

But you still accept it like a good little cuckbox driving wageslave.

Yup :^)

Dont truckers get paid salary?

Next time tell them you flat out won't have the hours, send it in a Qualcomm message, take a pic, throw it in your dispatcher's face when shit goes wrong.
Hah. No. Cents per mile, or hourly for local (home-every-night) drivers.

I get paid a percentage of load gross.

For example. The load pays 100 dollars.
I make 20% of that.

Saying it like that now i realize why i can barely pay the fucking bills.

Noodles sound pretty good right now desu.

>dispatch dun fucked up
>thinks 40 dollarydoos is incentive to try this game of shuffle
It will make both the new costco load AND the amazon run late.
>dat 40 dollarydoos tho.
if we were, that cheap shit at wallmart would be WAAAY more expensive.

>get flat tire at Costco. It's some chunk of something 6 inches long
I thought it was a screwdriver but it's not shaped properly. Maybe some part of a valve.

SHAGOHAD!

Pump bro here finishing up a 60 hour week time for some coke and whores

> Plastic lighter just sat in the sun
It's like you want to set your truck alight.

RIP in peace

Mercedes is trying that shit since the 90s

>Plastic lighter
It's a toothbrush bruh

it would be for long haul truckers that are going to the same area on the same route.

they take turns driving and sleeping. so neither truck has to stop for long. then when they get to their general area. they split and go their separate ways.

yeah but at least you have the mountains to look at

CLEAN YOUR FUCKING WINDSCREEN

make me

no.

So wait if I'm a good driver how much should i get take home if I'm just starting out...i got bills to pay

As much if not more than a regular job.

1k a week at least?

I'd love to. But there is no scrubber here. Or water.
Iz toothbrush. But here,to make you feel better.
30k first year most likely. Sometimes more sometimes less. I made 28 my first year with werner and I came In half way. I'm looking at around 34 with gordo I belive
>get to yard begin shuffling shenanigans
>send in loaded call for the costco
>"CAN YOU DELIVER ON TIME?!"
Bitch please, that was never an option. At best I'll be an hour late. And that's if I miss traffic.
>I won't miss it

Depends. Are you the sort of idiot who blows all his money eating out 3 times a day and buying over priced shit at truck stops whenever you aren't bitching about being broke?

Probably 5-700 a week. Maybe 800. If you are a good boy. What's the cpm and with whom? Swift?

Yeah swift and my wife is making meals at home for the road so i dont have to eat out alot. I start CDL school monday.

Also i grew up in the truck with my dad. He'd let me ride alot and im a good regular driver no accidents or tickets even.

I'm not sure if swift has a safety bonus.. but if they do keep up the spotless record it'll be worth it.
I used to carry a backpack full of water bottles to refill on the road. I recently upgraded to a 4 gallon jug and a larger cooler. I'm liking the jug. Cooler hasn't "cooled" yet. Gonna check the wiring see if I don't have it reversed
I'd grab a little road master stove or one of the Coleman burners and a fridge for all those home made sandwiches, they don't keep all that well. And the largest inverter you can get without wiring it in.
After that saving shouldn't be a problem.
Expect to be out a month at a time easily.
Here have a mountain.

>my wife
Enjoy it while it lasts.

The home cooked food will save you a ton of money, my trainer at my first job kept a Coleman 12-volt cooler (about $100-150) full of food from home for the week. If you're going with swift, you're in for a 50/50 toss up between being alright and getting totally shit on, ask Whiney. Words of advice: keep the driver door shut, don't sign for a lease-to-own agreement, and don't get on any of Swift's 'dedicated' groups or whatever they call them, you can ask Whiney about those.

>keep the driver door shut,
wat

Was navy prior to this. We've been there done that.
Sounds sketchy AF tbqhfamuhlee

>Was navy prior to this. We've been there done that.
You got lucky or you are a willing cuckold.

Regarding what this user has said about a power inverter - I bought a Tripp-Lite this week, haven't received it yet but I'll report back. Supposed to be 200 watts (laptop guzzles 171w, or if I want to play muh consoles it's like 125w for the Xbone and another 25w for a TV). Mind you, what you can pull from a 12-volt socket depends on the fuse for that socket. Most of the sockets in my truck are 10 Amps (12 volts * 10 amps = 120 watt, above that will blow the fuse), but I have two sockets that are 20 Amps (240 watts then).

Means don't be stopping constantly for breaks here and there if you can avoid it. Keep the door shut = keep driving.

OIC, I thought there was a tasty lot lizard story incoming.

I feel let down

Lucky/smart i started dating her when i was 21 and she was 16. Basically brought her up to be what i needed. Then we got married when she turned 18.

Isnt there like a 30 min mandatory break a day or some shit

You trained that woman good.

Shes even bringing one of her friends on as a gf for us.

Kek, apologies m9.
There is, but some drivers (myself included) have a tendency to stop more than the minimum required, just for this and that. I tend to stop at least one additional time each day for a ~30m nap. I need to get more sleep.

I did flat out tell them I wasn't going to have hours to do it. But he insisted my recap would cover it and possibly an added day to get to the final

This whole day has been a fucking nightmare.

I personally hatr stopping. Drove from northern MS to san diego made 3 stops total.
>One to eat
>one to sleep
>one to eat again the 2nd day
Total trip time was like 40 hours with an 8 hr sleep from 10pm-6am

Well now when you miss the appt you can say I told you so. Granted that will be Monday since they fuck off on the weekend.
Also where are my noodles?

I'll make the pick up, but that load is not reaching it's final anywhere on time.

>Just hauled a 2 million dollar load
>Tfw no 20% commission

>2 minutes left on clock making dinner
>hey, you know that costco load we made you drive out of the way to get?
Yeah...it's the only reason I stopped at this shitty yard..
>we're going to have someone else do it. Unhook and wait for new orders
As I'm cursing loudly about their mothers enjoying phallic endeavors of the pepsifag variety the new driver arrives and goes "you too huh? I'm supposed to be on my way to LA right now."
>heavy haul down the aside goes "same here!"
Apparently gordo is loosing like 230 drivers a month.. not sure on the intake. But I imagine it's why they're pulling the gordo logos off the new trucks now.
Also retired 15+ year drivers being offered less than 42cpm. Probably didn't help

Top kek

At least I'm not getting cucked that hard. I started Swift at .42cpm now I'm up to .43cpm.

Wow! A whole .01cockpermouthfull!
Good for you man!

Better than starting off at .36cpm like the regular OTR fags.

*cough*.38*cough*
And I'm still waiting on those goddam noodles

>youtube.com/watch?v=5POSem2xd94&feature=youtu.be&t=25s
>this guy was apparently not asleep or texting
What happened?

New truckerfag here. Still having a bit of issue with backing. I keep messing up my setup. Once I start jackin the trailer into the slot I end up too close the trailer on the driver side. Generally how far past the slot do I want to be before I start cranking the wheel to push the trailer in the hole? Thanks in advance.

I'm talking regular Swift OTR.

What fucking noodles? Pool noodles?

You asked in this post
I said noodles. In this one
Also apparently "desu" auto corrects to desu..

Fuck. Should have seen that one coming...

That 20% is my regular pay. You guys have it giod. I dont get cpm, breakdown, lay over, or dead head pay. Detention pay exists but its like pulling teeth to get.

>Also apparently "desu" auto corrects to desu..
What else would desu connect to, sempai?

>"desu" auto corrects to desu..
baka desu senpai

Had to watch the video twice.
Dashcambro saw slow truck was on the shoulder, moved to left lane to allow him back onto the highway.
Dipshitblacktruck tried to pass on the right and failed hardcore. Note his forward wheels are locked up before he even enters the cam's view. He wasn't just barreling ahead without paying attention, he tried to hit the brakes but way too late.

Holy shit...

>tractor Fukn rekt
>trailer not so much
You guys all need safer trucks

Looks to me like the wheels are all turning until the impact, no skid marks either.

>Note his forward wheels are locked up
nah m8 thats just rolling shutter effect on the cam

>qualcomm b& from posting, have to post with random wifi IP's

Hiroshima wtf, I didn't shitpost outside of /k/ and Veeky Forums

Oh I know exactly how it happened, I was legitimately offroading with 5200 gallons of liquid shit because corporate sends the tractor-trailer out on bonehead locations made for 3k bobtails or 1k pickups. Either that or running through muddy shit at "disposal facilities" ie mucky landfills

>navy
>gf at 16, married asap
So you went to the Philipines for a wife like every other sailor?

A driver's coloring book will show that, but everyone has their own rythym. I take about 10-15 minutes every 3ish hours.

That is a lot of driving, you runnin double logs?

Depends, what is your setup? Personally I just watch how the trailer tires are pointed, angle& follow the tractor from that, but I drive >daycabs

Just another "outta my way 'cause I've got a hood and you don't" faggot