/rwg/ RimWorld General

Daed Gaem edition.

rimworldgame.com/

RimWorld follows three survivors from a crashed space liner as they build a colony on a frontier world at the rim of known space. Inspired by the space western vibe of Firefly, the deep simulation of Dwarf Fortress, and the epic scale of Dune and Warhammer 40,000.

FAQ: ludeon.com/blog/faq/
Wiki: rimworldwiki.com/
Mods: ludeon.com/forums/index.php?board=12.0 (also check steam workshop)
Recommended Modlist: pastebin.com/gPWvMJVq (embed) (embed)

Please leave any suggestions for the OP pastebin as replies to this post.

Other urls found in this thread:

steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=745157413
twitter.com/AnonBabble

first for would you recommend me this game? It looks pretty good.

steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=745157413

>tfw Hardcore SK is finally out for 14
It's time to die again

No one?

yes fagget

T-t-thanks

What do you find appealing about this gaym?

Is cassandra rough permadeath fucking hard as fuck or am I still being a shitter? Failure after failure. It usually goes well until a colonist dies because of a raid or a heart attack and then everyone gets depressed and kills each other

Just pirate it and try it out

yeah I would

Takashi Russel awoke with a jolt to the sound of something crashing through the roof of the room across the hall. Disgruntled, he turned over to go back to sleep, only to hear a metallic screetch that make the thick, dark mat of hair on his back stand on edge.
"It's probably Makar who forgot to clean his room again, and now we got a bunch of Megaspiders loose in the courtyard," he thought, as he slowly moved his giant corpus out of his oh-so-comfortable bed that he'd rather stay in. Sleepily, he made his way to the hallway where he turned on the automated defenses.
"Fuck if I'm to deal with those again, that's what we got those dang turrets that Blitz put up for," he mumbled, listening for the .50cal turrets spinning up and start unloading as he went to go fetch his rifle. He still had to check that everything was dead before going back to sleep. Despite his rough demeanor and his tendency to bark at people, he still cared for his comrades at the Misty Mountain colony.
Five minutes of gunfire ensued, and he thought he heard some unfamiliar gunshots mixed among the torrent of lead hailing from the wall of guns that block anything nasty from entering the colony from any side. As things went quiet, he went out to check on the supposed bugs.

What he found shocked at least a bit of the otherwise steely nerves that he had. On the ground in the courtyard, not far from the hayfield, laid sprawled the "corpses" of some alien mechanical things that vaguely resembled the bugs he'd thought they were. He went over and prodded one with his rifle, turning it over to reveal fist-sized holes in its carapace, opening up to complex electronics.
Just as he finished wondering "what the fuck", the thing let out a loud "REEEEEEEEEEEEEEE" and lobbed up at him. Quickly he stepped back, shouldered his charge rifle, and ended the thing. Or grinded the machine to a hault. Guess the technicalities are up for discussion.
Double tapping the remains of the beings proved no issue, and the thing that had once been a carrier pod that had wrecked the room next to him had been reduced to smoldering steel slag. Considering a job well done, he went over to the saloon to grab a beer before heading back to bed. He remembered to set his alarm clock early, though. He wouldn't miss the faces of the others once they awoke to the carnage.

Just repelled a midnight Mechanoid raid with one dude turning on defenses and finishing them off. No losses at all. Really felt like writing it out.

is there a discord where i can talk about/read rimworld stories

Screenshot for reference.

Can raiders get emotional breaks?

>Animals randomly getting food poisoning

All my hay that's in with them still has at least 3 seasons before it spoils, what gives?

>siege starts
>cunts walk leisurely to build their shit
>but it's volcanic winter
>in winter
>on ice sheet
>on axel
It's kinda fun to watch niggas drop, but I wish they brought their pristine undamaged clothes closer to my base.

thisisfine.jpg

Flashstorms are pretty high up on the list of shit the storytellers do purely to annoy the fuck out of you.

how is your map so big?

Advanced setup when you start a colony, never pressed it?

1440p monitor.

nope, sorry i'm at my second playthrough and i feel like the map i'm playing on is very small, i can't really zoom that much without seeing the edge of the map, especially with my base being fairly big

wew

S-should I try it?

That's a mod right

Rimsenal storyteller that comes along in Hardcore SK

New update.

Fucking pirates...

Are they eating kibble? Otherwise, I dunno. Might be caused by dirt near their food but that's just speculation on my part.

Nah I have the game on steam just haven't seen that. Must of been recent right?

its a mod

If you enjoy being raided EVERY FUCKING NIGHT, and like never getting diseases like gutrot, sleeping sickness, and infections.

Raids become pretty trivial if you set up your defenses properly. Triple layer sandbags are OP.

Yes happened me 4 times.

24/7 raiding, have fun never bub

Can Arctic wolves and timber wolves interbreed?

what do i do after I land and make a room and stockpile zone

I've had raiders woo one another while breaking down my walls.

Get creative.

I also highly suggest some defense. Bad men are coming soon...

rough is easy mode

on a scale of 1-10 how comfy would you r8

>8 chairs at one table
>4 at the other table
>4 arm chairs
>2 beds
wut

I'm just pissing about in god mode

>not having chairs for dinner guests

flashstorms are fine. All the lightning drops in one spot so you can put it out fast. A drawn out dry thunderstorm will have half your colony mobbing to the 4 corners of the map putting out fuckmassive brush fires.

And that shit doesn't even come with an alert, it's just normal weather.

Yeah, I was probably thinking of dry thunderstorms.

The last time I had one I was lucky enough that it started to rain the next day.

Dry thunderstorms, toxic fallout and beavers! are just really fucking irritating.

Looks and feels nice but seems unprotected

>not having two highly trained sheriff characters with sniper rifles

Beavers are good eatin'.

I always send my death sqaud to deal with beavers. Good free food.

Getting a Beavers! event while mopping up from other events is like having your smoke detector battery die in the middle of the night.

>I always send my death sqaud to deal with beavers. Good free food.

Everyone learns that lesson the hard way.

>permadeath
>get 15-20 beavers
>they go manhunter at the first shots
>your two snipers die
>now they hunt your other colonists

beavers are no fun and just rng if they fuck you up or not.

i'm playing randy random extreme and you have to kill beavers if you do not want to lose a shitload of ressources.

one game they ate half the map before i noticed i didn't order to hunt them

I think a nice feature to add would be water consumption

>just make it so it's a global resource that pawns drink from a bottle they carry around (making it so they have to drink water by picking it up from storage would be too fiddly and take too much away from time they should be working)
>Add storage devices like water towers/tanks
>Collection devices could be wells or on coastal maps desalination plants that pipe to a water tower/tank
>Higher temperature would cause your pawns to need to drink more

Does it seem to needlessly complex/fiddly?

it sounds like disabling fast travel because the dev wants artificial difficulty and stretch out the playtime.

there is no benefit in doing it good. it's binary. either you have water or not.
compare it to food. you don't have enough you have to eat raiders to get debuffs for cannibalism.
you have enough, everything is fine. no mood buff or penalty.
you have more than you need, you can make fine and lavish meals or feed animals.

also isn't food not already enough shit to deal with?

How exactly does low cover work?

Is it a negative accuracy modifier per tile of low cover in the line of shot or does it only provide cover if you are in an adjacent tile?

I'm trying to figure out whether or not shooting from cover reduces accuracy and whether or not you have to hug cover.

At this point it becomes too much micromanagement. Why not pissing and shitting mechanics and waterclosets with a pipe system with complete sewer integration while we are at it.

Rimworld is close enough to the sims in some aspects, no need to make it closer.

I'd like a little more micromanagement in some regards.

My chefs refuse to prioritize kibble.

Non mandatory management shit is fine, like more tables and priorities and means to micromanage would be okay. But a new type of need like thirst would be too much imo.

You need to move it up the bill queue with the little arrows on the left.

I think water is important but as a gameplay mechanic it's questionable. Tynan is pretty good about balancing gameplay vs. having features just for the fuck of it (unlike way too many indie developers).

I wouldn't mind seeing a mechanic that deduces whether your kitchen/dining room has access to water. Perhaps a system where the kitchen needs to be close to a source of water, and cleaners get a buff when cleaning near a source of water.

It could be system where you have Wells (need to be in soil) with an area effect that sets to binary "has water access/does not have water access." Which would add one more complication to the mountain base folk. But you could build a Water Pump in a water source and piping to a collection Reservoir which serves the same water access function as a well.

That way the water is more about making sure your kitchen/dining has access rather than worrying about hydration.

That's why I had reservations, I just wanted a bit more challenge added to playing hot biomes, especially deserts.

:(

Also, maybe drinking from the Well or Reservoir would alleviate the affects of Initial or Minor Heatstroke, or creates a temporary buff to heat insulation. So it can be situational.

Really not into that desu, because then the question of the need of the plants to be watered arise, and the need of the animals to drink water, and the need to bath and wash your clothes.

And then we had clothing odor, human body odor and animal odor who all give buff and debuff wether they are clean or dirty. Also we now need to make the distinction between wet dirty and dry dirty and a dust mechanic that prevent wet dust from travelling in the air but is harder to clean when dry.
We can't forget mold, because where there's humidity, there's mold. That's where the fumigating mold remover (250w power usage) come into play, it must be linked with pipes to a Well and uses 200 plasteel and 5 components to build. It would be really important because too much humidity would cause roaches to appear, causing mood debuffs and 'sullying' your food supplies, causing further debuff if eaten/used in a meal.

im this guys

and your idea sounds reasonable. you get a benefit for buildung and maintaining a optional system.
depending on what the system contains and how it works there could be situations where you have a bigger benefit in not building or maintaining it.

i'm thinking of a sense of upgrade. think of an area with few soil spots like a desert. that's an area where you definitly want water

now think of an area where you can grow whereever you want. maybe it's just easier to make a bigger field instead of building a watering system.

on the other hand it could be easier to maintain a waterin system if you are around 10 colonists. now it's a almost necessary upgrade to maintain a high number of colonists

but in the end i have to say, that's something completely different than your colonists having the need to drink water what was first proposed

i think early to mid game would be a nightmare with something like this(before you build your main base, when you dont have much of how the events will turn out)

I'm sorry.

Let me rephrase. They refuse to prioritize kibble over cooking food.

Kibble's at the butcher table for some god damn reason which my cooks never go near unless I god damn tell them to. I already have it higher queue over butcher animal.

I've got 6 god damn pawns set for max priority cook and I'm constantly running out of kibble cause every single god damn one of them is making meals constantly.

I could increase the amount of cooks to more than my number of ovens, but then I run the risk of one of my more useless cooks ending up with no work since several can't clean or haul.

>colony is impenetrable
>more food than can be eaten, 300 meals frozen at all times
>everyone wearing good clothes and high level rifles
>make so much money that I can buy organs and prosthetics from space traders

Life is good.

I have only five colonists and my freezer is fucking enormous comparatively. I have 10 000 food and 200 meals because each time I have manhunters I butcher them all for their leather/fur and I end up with waaay too much meat.

In comparison, I have 13 colonists. I've never had one die, though. 40+ raider graves adorn the outskirts of my colony.

>solar flare+heat wave
>everything up in smoke

space traders pass once like every fucking whole year in my game
why am i so fucking unlucky? i wanna sell some animals.

space traders rate has been nerfed
I edited it back to 20 in the game files because fuck this shit

you can find a thread on reddit by googling if you want to reverse it

Nests worth setting a farm up for?

some guy yesterday posted a screenshot of his farm

didn't end well

>randy random: extreme
>started with 2 colonists, assault rifle, survival rifle, 30 components and gun turrets researched
>blight hits the day before i want to harvest
>schmidt gets rebuffed all day long from rose
>her sister is found in an escape pod
>time to get rebuffed more

fuck i love this seed too much to not play on it.

>350x350
>dig into mountain
>backyard will get revealed
>thrumbo free treefarm

borreal forest may not be the hardest climate so i made climate clycle permanent

>Sappers actually walked into my killbox

>my prostophile sheriff pawn took damage in a recent fight
>have lost part of his left hand
>I just bought a power claw

I have a nice surprise for him when he wakes up.

I just lost three tribe members because of one hit wonder faggot. One hit - One kill.

>that market value

Jesus. Can't imagine how valuable it'd been had it turned out masterwork. Oh well, even my godlike crafter makes mistakes.

a couch would've cost more

Fuck.

Hey, just FYI, making thick barracades out of sandbags / gravel doesn't actually slow them down any more than a single line. The speed loss is in 'climbing up,' not traversing.

is the construction stat used with the crafting stat when building things who have a beauty value?

Is Vancidium in vanilla, or is one of my mods adding it? I can't seem to figure out which one, if it is, but the wiki has nothing to say about it.

Post some aesthetic bases.

All of these "rate my base that's just squares next to squares" are making me uncomfy.

If this next run goes well I'll see if I make my base look like it's not some random gen tileset.

either prosthetic farm thingy or glitter tech

>prosthetic farm thingy
Yup, it's this.

Christ, how do you deal with infestations? Those things chew through whatever defense I have to throw at them and kill all my doods!

They lose aggro fast and go back to the nests. Just put some boulders or sandbags in their way to give you more time to shoot, and have a solid door close by for your retreat.

Rince and repeat.

>raid
>plenty of raiders in shock
>pick an choose the 3 best from their skills and traits
>melee the rest to death

I know it's necessary, but I feel kinda dirty doing it.

I know

you're a babyman
i harvest their spine, lung, kidney, jaw, eyes, ears, nose, stomach, pelvis, liver/heart.

I'd do that too if if weren't for the fucking mood debuffs. I've just gotten used to be a peaceful colony now.

Just do a psychopath only colony my man. I would advice spawning with as much colonists as you would like to have midgame at the risk of making the game too easy because recruiting other psychopath is hard as fuck if you don't have designated blunt melee people.

What do I need to do?

Pls respond. No one can fucking haul

It seems like they still haul when they need to build. This mechanic is just silly. No one should be unable to haul unless they are too old or too young

>for weapons
Have people equip them and make them drop them on your stockpile

>for food
Yer fucked, just have a cook and he might have to haul anyway but you will lose a ton of shit outside to the elements.

>anything else
Train animals to haul, and try to melee some guys who can haul with blunt weapons next raid to ensure you'll have a designated hauler bitch soon.

Click on the red x next to manual priorities. The rest should be self explanatory.

Why the fuck do you not reroll your starters to take off dumb labor?