Crossovers

The thought of Crossovers makes me angry, but I can't exactly pin my finger on why that is.

Is it because it stands for the opposite of everything car enthusiasts love?
Is it because car makers regularly kill fun cars in order to make space for yet another crossover in their lineup?
Is it because of the realization that they're forced to do this because this is what the market unfortunately dictates?
Is it because of the association to the kind of people that usually buy crossovers, suburban soccermoms who text and drive?
Is it because every measurable aspect of their quality is mediocre and outclassed by cars in other segments?
Is it because they're the epitome of "appliance"?

Ask a crossover owner anything

You missed that they are objectively terrible as well as subjectively

>itt: niggas who never drove or owned a decent crossover/suv
You know, you basicaly hating on a very roomy hatchback with clearence to not give a fuck about bumps and shitty roads, without the hearse vibe.
The problem, like with any car, there are very little worthy suvs on the market

>itt: niggas who never drove or owned a decent crossover/suv

Well, how? They don't exist.

It's because they're made to look practical, but not be practical, and look like the safest thing ever made, but not be the safest thing ever made

It's a car designed for women to buy and women to force their husbands to buy, not a car that's designed to be good.

>oh honey it's so cute and big that means it's safe and you can go off road! imagine how many kids could fit in it!
>bitch we could just get a camr-
>HONEY
>there's a subaru outback over there
>HONEEEEY

the only good thing the crossover epidemic brought was fewer extreme weights on the road

if you're sane and bought a good car, an SUV will kill you, but a crossover won't. if you bought an SUV, an SUV will still kill you. SUVs are murderous pieces of shit. crossovers are in the middle, and SUVs are dying in favor of slightly less destructive family haulers, so fewer dead people.

however, the brotruck still destroys all. we need to crossover-fy the brotruck.

Macan goes like a motherfucker
New rx is in whole another league of comfy and luxury
Evoque hanldles realy well
Grand Cherokee srt is mad
Vitara s is feather light with turbo and handles better than pigfat focus and golf

Offcourse, if you choose nissan shitboxes , kugas and you will get majorly fucked

>as well as subjectively

t. a retard

>it stands for the opposite of everything car enthusiasts love

>30 years ago families wanted wagons
>the next generation made fun of wagons to show how edgy they are
>15 years ago families wanted MPV-s
>the next generation made fun of MPV-s to show how edgy they are
>today families want crossovers

it's a never-ending circle, families will always want boring safe cars to haul shit, these were never meant for enthusiasts. In a decade there will be a new trend and car makers will abandon crossovers like plague.

Also, there are very decent crossovers out there that are perfectly fine for a daily driver, of course, if you are a 17 year old faggot who has 2 grand to buy a shitbox to heel-toe revmatch in the walmart parking lot with, crossovers are indeed shit

>every wagon is shit
Ill be honest modern caddies look terrible

I'm convinced that if you take a new outback, lower it, and put on the legacy front bumper it just turns back into a wagon.

They named it the escape because its for people who want to escape the sensation of driving.

The difference is that wagons handle better and have better em pee gees
Sure most of America thinks of stuffy wood paneled wagons because thats what they mostly are, but the best wagons > the best crossovers.

I drive a GLK 250, it's quite nice actually. Other than this, the only crossover I would willingly drive would be a Lexus RX or NX.

The GLK is extremely comfy, and I got a great deal on it. Being deisel, it has a decent bit of towing power and I'm able to haul my boat with it with ease.

I really like the CX5 and want one to replace my mazda3

why do you care? just buy cars you like from manufacturers that make them.

assuming a soccer mom who's texting trashes you in an auto accident and you survive make bank off their stupidity

i literally got this yesterday

My sympathies.

Weak minded fool

it accelerates so fast my friends actually giggle with enjoyment

For what purpose

I'm not a fan of typical crossovers at all but I do like those vulva crossover sedans
I think it's the mad Max appeal of a lifted sedan

pic related

I used to love the utility you got out of a real suv and crossovers killed a lot of that.

No modding for sports, shit suspension for loading and hauling and they LOVE to fucking sway when towing anything bigger than a small trailer.

Fuck, they even killed the goddamn rear window opening separate from the hatch so you can't even put 2×4's in them anymore

All of those are fucking shit at doing non car stuff, so good on you for getting an expensive and oversized sedan I guess

>All of those are fucking shit at doing non car stuff
No shit, dumbass, thats the point. They do usual car stuff very fucking well including handling, acceleration and moving shit through space. As to non car stuff... yeah, maybe they are shitty at being a flower basket or something other you prefer to do, wierdo.
Also, more like over sized hatchbacks and not exactly overpriced.

>getting booty-blasted over tall wagons

that was not a question

I've driven that VW Tiguan in the pic and it's actually a really good car