pastebin.com/S2eDehza

Pre-War Thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

pastebin.com/u29WKkGy
youtube.com/watch?v=b0eLWyokJf0
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

The Enclave always wins baby

Dual wielding guns when?

Shit, that's some nice concept art. Don't know how I've never seen that before.

Anyone else want a Fallout set in Britain?
Maybe a civil war between Scotland and what's left of England

Who /junket/ here?

A guy in the last thread updated the ">/fog/ Asset and Mod Repository (Mods, Rips, etc):" pastebin, use this next time: pastebin.com/u29WKkGy

No

Why the fuck do you want a game in the UK in the first place.

Alright calm down there mate, you sound a bit like a bottyblasted kraut

Ah, shit. Sorry. Didn't see that when I made the thread. My bad.

>theme is 50's americana
>"lets move it to (INSERT SHIT COUNTRY HERE)!"

I'm a frog actually

God no, just about everything that sets Fallout apart from other post-apocalyptic stuff is centered in the US. The UK is also such a shitheap postwar that Tenpenny fled it to the Capital Wasteland, I say this as a britbong btw.

Just looked at it real quick, and the FO1 links are all old, dead NMA links.

No worries dude.
He did say he'd keep working on it, must not have reached that part yet.

Even as a bong, I know that Fallout would only work in the US.

We haven't covered all of the US yet, and even when we do, we have Mexico and Canada.

>People are going to keep memeing "Fallout New Orleans"
>Forgetting the rest of Louisiana
>Forgetting the rest of the South

>we might get a Fallout game in the south
>it's not where I live
So close, but so far.

I honestly would love Louisiana and Mississippi as a setting.

I hope this New Orleans trademark is a fake. The name sounds awful like its trying too hard to be like New Vegas. At least call it something like "New Dixie".

Plus you know that if it's Bethesda or any of their affiliates making it, it's going to feature something to do with slavery and portray the dindus as the protagonists.

Exactly, fuck Fallout New Orleans. How could there even be a New Orleans after the Great War, who's been keeping those levies up? How is it not completely underwater?

>lore consistencies and real world implications
>in a modern Fallout

Nah. Gimmie a fallout in an annex canada where stranded soldiers have formed different clans and groups over the years.

Exploring a sunken, underwater New Orleans - as at least a DLC map - would be absolutely fun to explore around in.

>major city
>it's just 2 streets and 10 NPCs

When will Bethesda fucking learn?

Next fallout should be set in Florida, post-nuclear marshes would be wonderful to explore

>200 years after the great war, the strip wasn't even nuked
>Trash everywhere like nobody cleans up after themselves

When will bethesda fucking learn?

>tfw no Fallout Tactics 2

To be fair, most of New Vegas's locations are like this. Freeside is really disappointing as a location.

youtube.com/watch?v=b0eLWyokJf0
Soon my friend, soon...
B42 never ever

I've only updated the NV section thus far, but tracking some of the mods down is a pain.

I'll get to the 1 and 2 sections before I add to 3.

Thanks for letting me know the links are dead, anything wrong with the pastebin is a great help in letting me get it as well done as possible.

Ah, it's no problem. You can always just steal the links I used for the Mods and Patches pastebin for 1/2.
I just had Fixt for FO1, then for FO2 I listed Killap's patch, SFall, and the High Resolution patch.
I know Killap's Restoration Project includes other stuff, but i'm a purist who doesn't believe that should be used on a first playthrough.

What's your outcome from this faction?

And why didn't you let all the guys in to become the richest man of the wasteland?

I like cass, fuck em

Considering how awful gamebryo is, should I expect the game to shit itself if after enabling ballistics outside of VATS?

Kill 'em all, let Julie Farkas sort 'em out.

Fantastic, I'll use those links, thank you.
It does seem a little redundant to have the same information in separate pastebins, but seeing as how the one I'm updating was the only non-Fallout 4 link in /fog/, it makes sense.

Is it possible to make levelling system which resembles that of Morrowind? Is it possible to disable health increase with each level up?

Walk into store, buy weapon, shoot them all in the face.

I think PN has the feature that prevents HP from going up after each level

>It does seem a little redundant to have the same information in separate pastebins, but seeing as how the one I'm updating was the only non-Fallout 4 link in /fog/, it makes sense.
Yeah, Having the same info in two places is fine, really. When the general was getting started I just wanted to make sure we had SOMETHING for 1/2.

Is it possible to have different DT values for different body parts, and not just different values for head and the rest of the body?

>DT
Why do you want DT when DR is obviously better?

Because muh realism.

>Burger's cartridge nomenclature
Not even sure what I've expected from the country who still utilises imperial system.

>realism
So you're fine with the .22 silenced pistol doing the same amount of damage as an AMR against an enemy with high DT?

Literally the only two relevant American rounds that are measured in the Imperial system are .50 and .45

Eh, that's now what I meant. Having bullet diameter written in inches is fine, but:

>Classic JHP
>Bond Match HP
>Silvertip JHP
>Quik-Shok JHP

Just fuck off.

>muh 50 flavours of JHP

I'm curious about the vaults, namely when did Vault-Tec declare that it's safe to reopen them?
Did they even send a message like that at all?
Also, were any vaults successful in conducting their experiments other than 21? Vault 81 can fuck off alright.

I would kill a man to see Van Buren completed.

Vault 8 was successful. 15 was just supposed to have "extremely diverse ideologies and cultures" and that went fine too.

Wish granted - the man you need to kill is Josh Sawyer.

FUCK OFF MONKEY'S PAW

Do you think there's any big, scary mutant fish in the ocean? Goddamn it sounds so spooky to walk on the ocean floor in power armor, with leviathans lurking in the dark depths of the ocean.

Wish granted.

Kill ___yourself

How do you guys feel about the meltdown perk?

Does it make things too chaotic, is it extremely annoying for friendly fire? Or is it a staple for energy weapon builds and a necessity?

They didn't nuke the ocean, the ocean would be fine unlike what Fallout 4 would like you to think.

if you seriously think that the overarching fallout theme is the american 50s, and that it's exclusive, then you are better of going to /fog/.

You know, despite all things bad about the Enn See Arr, they do have some fine attire.

I'll do what has to be done.
Don't forget my sacrifice.

I still hat the fact that the 1st recon motto is on a ranger helmet

/fog/ is arguing against the core theme of the 50s set by Fallout 1 and 2.
Why are you here?

Well it's supposed to be a mod that adds a Ranger Helmet that belongs to the 1st Recon.

Personally I think it fits pretty well.

I feel like blowing shit up.

How much do you guys use mines? I always carry the ones I find, but never end up using them. I've always thought it'd be cool to set a minefield and then lure enemies into rushing me and watch them set off the traps, but I'm sure it's probably more effort than it's worth.

Though I do want to lure a tough enemy into a giant pile of mines or something.

That's fucking dark, user.

its good against wildlife because they just run at you

especially deathclaws

its a funner way to clear deadwind cavern that just sneaking and using an AMR or something

Bandoleer > Mantle > Trooper > Face Wrap > Fatigues

Step aside pleb

I do sometimes

>survival
>want to clear out Revere Satellite Array
>trying to get BoS support early but underleveled
>empty two story house on the back side of Revere Beach Station
>lay out mines along the road between the two locations
>lay more in the building
>tell follower to stay in 1st floor
>begin sniping from second floor a few feet away from the window so I wont get hit as much
>Supermutants and hounds trip most of the mines
>O's guardian any that make it to the second floor
>snipe the remaining higher level ones on top of the satellites

I can't find any other use for mines though

>Not faction tagged
Get out of here you Legion sympathizer that wanted awesome combat armor.

Hello NCR goy, how's President Shekelstein treating you?

Oh shit, didn't realize this was NV only thread.

>being a bethcuck

>Classic Fallout (& New Vegas) General
>NV only thread

>don't recognize the name Revere Satellite Array from NV
>google it
>it's from FO4

No worries, it was just nice to get a reply from someone trying to help me have some fun with explosives.

Now get out.

You deserve to have fun, user. Now go out there and play Fallout 1.

I'm half way through 2 actually, but I feel like I lost some of the fun when I got the car.

Though I like the image of Cass, Marcus, and the tribal guy and I traveling the wastes in a car that has all the ammo and all the currency in the game in it.

Ah, that's fine too. I didn't get the car until really late in the game. Mostly because I talked to everyone in Gecko except the one ghoul who sells you the car part.

i steal everything they have then sell it to the gun runners

So, last thread had a guy asking about the best order to play the NV DLC for the first time, which got me curious. Who else played outside of release order for their first time, and what was it like? And if you played in release order, were you satisfied with it?

I did OWB first, then release order, and now I can't imagine doing OWB in any other order. I was underequipped and getting rekt, so the first half of my run was sneaking around to new areas, listening to holotapes while scoping out threats to avoid, and scavenging supplies from stashes while wondering about these people who I only knew through their records and the stuff they left behind. Really fun roleplaying experience.

OWB, then lonesome, then dead money and then lastly honest hearts.

I was more confused than anything when it came to the 'the other courier' mystery.

First run was OWB > HH > DM > LR

Was pretty shit to start OWB before DM tbqh

Fuck both OWB and DM were so fucking good

>start a new game of new vegas
>want to start another new game halfway through my current game
>this keeps happening over and over and i end up never finishing a playthrough

As far as plot and pacing is concerned, I've found it works best to do Ring-a-ding then either HH or faction quests up to The House Has Gone Bust (followed by HH), House 2/You and What army/Caesar 2/Republic 2.1, (Khans) DM, House 5/Finishing Touches/Caesar 3/Republic 2.4 (BoS), OWB, Arizona Killer/You'll Know It, LR, Endgame.

Considering that most Veteran rangers served in various other branches of the NCR military before becoming Rangers and then Ranger Veterans, why would that trigger you?

Rangers likely personalize their gear to some degree like Vietnam era soldiers, so one that might have been in 1st Recon at some point writing that shit on their helmet doesn't seem terribly out of sorts.

Heck, 1st Recon even had a former Ranger join it. And he kept his ranger hat.

Consider that.

HH > OWB > DM > LR
Although I would permit DM and OWB being swapped around. I prefer DM second to last because its a nice conclusion to the Elijah storyline, rather than it being a retrospective occurrence like OWB.

This is my struggle. Doesn't help than I can NEVER go back to an old playthrough.

I'd argue because HH has no pro Legion ending other than killing everyone, you can't really fit anywhere.

Ideally, you'd do it before you meet the Legion in any significant capacity. If you're doing Legion from the outset, then you'd just kill the Burned Man on sight and leave the valley.

I can't do it guys. I just can't get into playing a raider. Feels boring and like I'm having to ignore huge chunks of the game.

Okay, my explosives build needs a new theme. Hand-thrown and missile launchers are my favorite explosives. Any ideas? I was thinking some type of NCR demolitions personnel, but that seems a little boring and I dunno how much fun roleplaying as a Boomer would be, but maybe I'm just not thinking about it the right way.

What the fuck did you just fucking say about President Richardson, pal? I’ll have you know I graduated top of my class in the Enclave, and I’ve been involved in numerous vertibird assaults on filthy mutants, and I have over 300 confirmed muttie kills. I am trained in Energy weapons and I’m the top sniper in the entire Enclave. You are nothing to me but just another filthy mutant. I will vaporize you the fuck out with precision the likes of which has never been seen before in the Wastelnd, mark my fucking words. You think you can get away with saying that shit to me over the Enclave comms? Think again, wise guy. As we speak I am contacting Enclave stations across the Wasteland and your location is being traced right now so you better prepare for the verti bird assault, dickhead. The assault that wipes out the pathetic little thing you call your life. You’re fucking dead, pal. I can be anywhere, anytime, and I can kill you in over seven hundred ways, and that’s just with Energy weapons. Not only am I extensively trained in Energy Weapons, but I have access to the entire arsenal of this Oil Rig and I will use it to its full extent to wipe your miserable ass off the face of the Wasteland, you little mutant. If only you could have known what unholy retribution your little “clever” comment was about to bring down upon you, maybe you would have held your fucking tongue. But you couldn’t, you didn’t, and now you’re paying the price, you goddamn muttie. I will shit fury all over you and you will drown in it. You’re fucking dead, pal.

I thought Veteran Rangers are just the Desert Rangers after the Ranger merger

My favorite explosives run was as a manic psycho determined to fuck everyone in her path. You know, a real bombshell.

#DICK4PREZ

#WELICKDICK

Not true. Rangers and army are two distinct things.

The majority of vet rangers are former Desert Rangers who accepted to serve the NCR after the NCR rangers and the desert rangers merged. The others served within the rangers for 20 years according to the Ranger Sequoia and were promoted as a result of their skills and endurance.

Indeed you have people like Moore that switched between rangers and army but they're more or less mutually exclusive.

Some of the veterans are desert Rangers, but I don't think all of them are. It's not really clear what the Desert Rangers were doing immediately before NCR amalgamation. I think they're just a Wasteland reference.

>we will never find out what the "ghosts" the rangers were chasing in Baja
>you will never see Arizona/Texas rangers

>Texas Rangers spend their time harassing ghoul migrant workers

You did not take "ghosts" literally, right user?