I missed a few spots with my clay bar then polished most of my car already. If I clay bar again will I have to re polish

I missed a few spots with my clay bar then polished most of my car already. If I clay bar again will I have to re polish

>pic related

Also any clay bar suggestions? Either it takes a long fucking time or I've been doing it wrong for years. More lube? Less lube?

Other urls found in this thread:

hotbodywax.com/ClayBars.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

I wouldn't bother, do it better the next time. More lube the better and it is a longer process.

The damage is already done.
Leave it alone for next time.

>If I clay bar again will I have to re polish
Yes
>Either it takes a long fucking time or I've been doing it wrong for years.
Clay mit

Thanks I'll try that next time

> wasting time with a shitbox

dude....

It's good practice at least.

No. It's a waste of time, money and materials.

>No. It's a waste of time, money and materials.
Irony: The post

>can't afford the clay
>can't afford the soapy water
>is too busy working to have time to spend with even a shitbox
kekkles

lol

Or I just don't overvalue a piece of metal and plastic that in a couple years will either end up in a scrapyard or on some nigger hand and get beatdown to shit.

I used to be like yourself. Then I realized I was just wasting my time. A shitbox will always be a shitbox.

Wash it, sure. keep it clean sure? Go full autistic on it? Fuck no.

Yikes.

Not everyone is rich. I plan to keep it until I can afford something a lot nicer. Its almost new. 30k miles

Not really a piece of shit

Finish doing the clay bar
Wax the spot you just clay barred.
What's the big fuckin deal? It takes like 5 seconds to wax something.

It hasn't to do with being or not being rich. Poor people tend to stay poor because they wrongly allocate their resources and what your doing is one of those examples.

Holy fuck it costs the same for a clay bar as it does a cheeseburger. This is not something that will break anyone's budget.

Jesus wept

Detailing doesn't have to be all that expensive. It's not like you've got either sponge and dish soap or $1,000 waxes, there's plenty in between. Besides it's satisfying spending some time and effort to make your car more presentable than average, people really do notice.

+ all the other glorified washing products + the time you waste doing so

it's not just a claybar

Only the other autists notice.

$7 microfiber towel set
$4 bottle of car wash solution(which lasts for 6+ months)
$5 for two clay bars which is good for 6+ details
$7 for a container of wax that will last years
Is this seriously too much for you to handle?

Do you vaccum your homes floor? Same concept. Why would you pay for something and not take care of it...and wax, polish, and 160gram bar cost 29 dollars.

You're better of not washing the car over using shit products. Because at those prices they're all shit.

lol

plus, claybar without polishing afterwards? seriously? lel

Okay, quadruple the prices. You're still poor.

Yeah I vacuum my house and yeah I wash my car.

Do I waste any more time than necessary doing those things? No.

That logic is flawed.

>no arguments because im right

> you're poor

lol

It's taking all of my effort to not respond to you, but holy shit I'm weak minded.

If you think spending anything more than $75 for several months/years of product, you SERIOUSLY need to start driving a taxi.

Apparently you are weak minded and stupid.

Factor in the time you waste doing glorified car washes during a year and it's a lot more than 75 bucks.

And for 75 bucks you can't even have a glimpse of the good stuff for doing glorified car washes. At that level of investment you might was well be quiet because most probably you'll just end up fucking up the paint job even more.

Well, no shit you're not going to do as well as AMMONYC with shit from pepzone, but it's not hard to NOT scratch your shit up with it. You're just bad.

Now you're reaching out. Why the need to insult? No arguments left? lol

0/10

Now you're just projecting yourself.

That's literally what I'm trying to do.

Dude you came across as pathetic I'm this argument . You're really bad at this.

Jesus you sound like a real downer. Maybe try some antidepressants or something.

>muh time spent
Do you really put that much value on a Saturday morning

Are you autistic

Holy shit.

Alex?

This is the faggot who hates on someone ridding in a clean as fuck car, stay pleb.

You skipped a step chief, you're suppose to compound buff after claying and then polish

Why even bother claying it if you're just gonna buff and polish anyways?
Wash, buff, polish, wax.

I like expensive stuff...

I clear my car. I just don't go autistic mode on it.

Now that's gangsta. lel

If you want to "detail" your car a weekend morning is nowhere near enough. For a regular wash, sure, but not for work the autistic tryhards here are trying to portray.

>furry giving advice

fuck off fag

Because buffing doesn't take out surface rust in the clear coat and trust me. You can wash your car 50 times and it won't pull out as much dirt as a clay bar will

I used to be a professional painter, I've done some paint work friendo.
>surface rust in the clear
bruh what...
I didn't say wash, I said buff and polish then wax.
buffing can turn a surface of 1000 grit scratches into a mirror, pic related.
If it can remove deep ass 1000 grit scratches, a bit of dirt/oxidation on the surface will be a cake walk.

Or I'm the only sane guy in this thread.

I just use car soap for the clay bar, the lube spray takes forever.

>only sane guy in this thread

>then I realized I was just wasting my time
>factor in the time you waste
>Do I waste any more time than necessary...?

It's hard to make any argument against "wasting time" when you're on Veeky Forums, buddy

kthxbye

You can still have a mirror surface that looks like shit,

>I used to a pro painter
well then you still have lots of shit to learn, hotbodywax.com/ClayBars.html

My dad has been doing autobody for 20 years including painting and he didn't even know how useful claybars were.

I don't trust anything auto painters say

You are all fucked in the head from the chemicals

>You can still have a mirror surface that looks like shit,
Yes, that's what wet sanding fixes.

prob why I'm the way I am. (it's not lol)

>M O S T P R O B A B L Y
>O
>S
>T
>P
>R
>O
>B
>A
>B
>L
>Y

I remember my ex used to say that all the time and I thought she was borderline retarded because of it, even though I don't know enough about english to say whether or not it's grammatically correct.

>ignores the rest of the post

Okay, you're just heartbreaker clone

Pre wax

i imagine it looks great but your camera is too shitty to really tell how clear the reflections are.

sort of amazing to me considering it the current year and all.

>posts some link that shows a car covered in pollen
>calls it rust
There's even a fucking bee in the picture lmao

How exactly is the rust getting under the paint unless it's ground in?
Explain this.

Did I say under the paint, I clearly said the fucking clear coat, it's even the very first thing you see. Jesus the chemicals really did fry your brain

Clear coat is part of the paint system 2bh you tard, stop moving the goal posts when you get rekt.
>resorting to semantics
First move of an anally ravaged loser.

>pastes a picture from a site
>site claims new cars suffer from this
>new cars have new paint on them
>new paint doesn't have scratches or surface imperfections like the picture displays
>new cars don't have people grinding the rust into the surface
This site is pretty much bullshit desu

lol even the picture you just posted says paint when referring to the clear coat, I guess the guy that wrote that site had too many chemicals up in his brain too.

You're not pretending to be retarded are you

What makes you think that buffing wont remove the defects and rust marks when it can remove 1000 grit scratches in a matter of seconds?
Clay bar has uses, but to try and pass it off as the be all end all of car care is fucking stupid.

This post right here, why did you even say you can wash your car 50 times and not remove the rust?
I never said wash, I said buff.
You're not pretending to be retarded yourself are you?

reported for breaking GR3

yiff in hell

Reported for reporting a report.

Disregard this crummy fool. The iron comes from the environment, be it metallic brake compounds, tiny flecks from snow plows scraping the road getting kicked up by traffic Metal from sanding for paint prep. Bearings going bad. Literally just iron deposits in the water you wash with or the rain can contaminate paint. I have not clayed my car but I could see how it could be helpful. Even if it's just fine dust imbedded in the wax you should try to remove it before polishing since it could be more coarse than the Polishing compound. Is it alot of work for little gains? Sure. Is he a fool for spending so much time on a shitbox? Maybe. If it look good and make op happy it is worth the 100$ and a days work. A shop would charge between 500-1000 for polishing.

Buffing literally grounds down where if you don't pull the shit out of the paint with a clay bar you're making your clear coat worse than it needs to be, what's so hard to understand about that?

Washing the car before buffing is enough to remove contaminates, 99% of the contaminates will come off with a wash, the 1% remaining is negligible and will be removed by the buffing wheel.
What's so hard to understand about that?

Holy fuck man do you have zero reading comprehension or are you just thinking you're a master troll

Because it can push it deeper. One step is worth it to some people apparently. Just because you are a hack who cuts corners doesn't mean everyone has to. You can do whatever you want when you are buffing

ITT: Never, ever let evan near your car.

>he worked as a mechanic
>he got fired.

That's what I read from car forums but don't you have to constantly rinse the dried soap

Cool dude, how many cars have you buffed out again?
I've done dozens and dozens.

I quit 2bh

>I missed a few spots with my clay bar then polished most of my car already. If I clay bar again will I have to re polish

you do know you can just clay over the parts you missed and then repolish those right? You don't actually have to do the whole thing again.