Convince me to get the ecoboost instead of the GT

Convince me to get the ecoboost instead of the GT

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/Nfg8j2Q8WdY
cargurus.com/Cars/l-Used-2007-Ford-Shelby-GT500-c7326?sourceContext=usedPaidSearchNoZip#listing=144749769_isFeatured
cars.com/vehicledetail/detail/666603614/overview/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Dont

Ecoboost sucks flat ass

if you're going to get a 4cyl turbo, don't get something so pigfat

why would you do that ?
because it's easier to upgrade ? and to work on ?

People still keep up with this retard? He doesn't know how to drive a manual and lugs the engine in 6th instead of downshifting. Told his fans that he'd go in depth with this car...... But sells out to Cobb.

But OP the ecoboost desperately needs new wheels/ suspension upgrades and a new intercooler. Car can only really be launched around 1.8k @ stock and you'll still spin the wheels. Used 2015 GTs and ecoboosts are cheap, they felt disconnected from the road when I test drove them. I kept my 2013 GT due to it not feeling like a pony car but more like a euro sports but I'd go with a used 2015 GT if you like the s550 body

I didn't think the 4 cylinder weighed so much

>3,500lb

If you really want a turbo 4 cylinder take a look at the golf r and Sti. The ecoboost and the rally 4 cylinders can all make gt power and more with mods. But if you really want a v8 there's no reason to even bother looking at anything besides v8s

>People still keep up with this retard?
Found his videos some years back when I was searching the Tube for BRZ shit. Stopped watching when he sold it for the EcoBoost.

Heard about his black smoke problem from Veeky Forums... lol

That's from an aftermarket downpipe. You can get rid of it with fords new PCV or gutting it and putting in a drip can. He's been told this in several different places

Your boyfriend will love it

Get a Focus RS

Way better car

Just get a fusion you gigantic faggot

Because its cheaper msrp even with a premium package, cheaper to insure since im young especially, and better mileage

But i want the v8

The price difference on the GT vs the Ecoboost is so vastly different. Why the fuck would you get a heavy 4 cylinder when you can get so many other vehicles at the price of a GT that are WAY better?

If you're going to get a boosted 4 cylinder and have the money for a GT just get an STI or WRX even. Anything is better than the Ecoboost. It can be modded to high amounts of HP but do you really want such a stressed out engine?

Don't settle, get what you actually want. Financing a vehicle is a big commitment and if it's not something you REALLY want you will be unhappy.

Do you live in America? Get the V8

Do you live in Europe? Get the Ecoboost.

The gas, insurance and maintenance costs of the V8 will eat you alive in europe.

youtu.be/Nfg8j2Q8WdY

Ecoboosts are rad, I'd get one over the v8. I don't really like v8

>I don't really like v8

What the fuck?

Im not settling

Im sort of stingy so saving money makes me happy, and the premium interior and performance package that i can get with the ecoboost but csnt afford on the GT is tempting

Im just trying to decide what will make me happier

My last car was a stock 07 corolla so im sure the ecos power is enough, but my friend has a challenger r/t and i dont want to be emasculated by his roaring hemi

Do some #weightreduction

>The price difference on the GT vs the Ecoboost is so vastly different
Not between the eco premium and base gt, which are the two im deciding between

By the way does anyone know if insurance is really significantly higher for a v8 than v4 mustang? Im 18 in new jersey

>v4

Anyway, what's more important to you. Going faster? GT. Being more comfortable (and can handle answering the same question all the time of why you didn't get the GT)? Ecoboost.

The end.

I4 mb

We all know how much more comfortable i4's are compared to v8's.
Super smooth.

Get the GT if you can afford it. Minor bolt ons will take it to a reliable 400whp. The ecoboost would need a bigger turbo and high boost for that, so the turbo probably couldn't make too many back to back pulls, like at the track/auto x.

Not to mention you're putting that strain on 2.0l inline 4, instead of 5.0l. You can always go turbo with the 5.0 for a few grand, and forge the bottom end.

I really just wish they would have offered the v6 ecoboost with 365 horse. Then I could see the advantages of not getting the 5.0.

You dunce, he's debating between a car with the premium package vs one without. How will that not be more comfortable?

>leather
>heated & cooled seats
>dual climate control
>sync 3

Go listen to one idle first and see if you're still interested in an ecoboost Mustang

Said it before and I'll say it again

>Do you live in a place with displacement taxes?
If yes, ecoboost
If no, GT
V6 is a poser trim and should be ignored

Ecoboost sounds better

He should get a used GT then, one with 15-20k miles and all the options he wants. That way he wont be paying for depreciation upfront by buying new.

>The ecoboost would need a bigger turbo and high boost for that, so the turbo probably couldn't make too many back to back pulls, like at the track/auto x.

You don't know what you are saying, as long as it has proper cooling it can do consistent runs. It's not like it gets tired, it just gets hot. A larger turbo doesn't get as hot as a smaller one unless you have the boost pressure cranked to the moon and even then, if you have proper cooling its not an issue.

At idle? Don't think so Tim

This would be a logical option, but I'm a sucker and bought one new so I can't fault anyone else for wanting to do the same.

Yeah I support this decision much more

Why not buy a used 2015 GT for a steep discount? Just tell normiebook it's new. They won't know.

I personally would go for a 07-09 GT500. They're at the bottom of their depreciation curve and if you're not a mong you can sell it for the same or 80% worst case of what you paid 5 years from now.

You cant be this retarded. The 5.0 sounds a lot better than the ecoboost.

cargurus.com/Cars/l-Used-2007-Ford-Shelby-GT500-c7326?sourceContext=usedPaidSearchNoZip#listing=144749769_isFeatured
33k for a 9 yr old mustang is not the bottom of the depreciation curve.

This right here

>things a fag would say

Think of all the gas you'll save at the expense of being slower! !

I drove my brother's ecoboost on Memorial day weekend.
The big selling point to him was that he got it fully loaded, leather, suspension change, brembo brakes, everything in it, besides the navigation and it still cost cheaper than the GT.

He told me to have fun with it so I took it down HWY 121 in Frisco to Grapevine weaving in and out of traffic. I took it up to 130mph and I think I was only in the mid range of 4th gear. It had plenty of power left in the engine to go faster. It's real quick and gets up to 100mph without even trying. The feel on the road in sport mode is real fun, you flick the wheel and the car responds well but I'm guessing that's because of the suspension upgrade. All in all I was still feeling real excited after my spirited ride to Grapevine for a good 10 minutes after it was over. He told me I'm not allowed to drive his car anymore either.

FWIW I drive a 2015 mazda6 6 speed. Oh, he had the manual, get the manual.

whats the limits of a stock ecoboost internals/clutch? that would be my main concern if I was going to upgrade it.

I like the idea of it, but at the same time who doesn't want a big american v8

My next car right there.

>Posts a near virgin "I know what I got" Shelby with 6k miles and ignores all of the others that are significantly cheaper and are better buys.

You'll definitely be able to get your money back. Hell 2003/2004 Cobras are still trading 18-26k depending on miles and mods.

Hatchbacks are gross.

They just scream racer boy

>I'm not allowed to drive his car anymore either.

Why

spilled mountain dew on the seats

Seriously? Because I was weaving in and out of traffic with his car and actually driving it like a sports car unlike he does.

Around 450whp, uses e30 or 93+meth. 93+meth is around 390-410 where as upgraded turbo with 93 is 100% safe at 430whp using e30 you can add up to 30whp more with timing. No idea about the clutch most people pushing their cars are AT.

How would he know this unless you told him?

If OP is looking at Ecoboost mustangs because of cheaper MSRP, I doubt he could get a RS.

One of the better ideas of today.
This OP. This is a good thought.

"You're a fucking faggot, dude"
-E. Cartman

Fucking agree.

This.

OP used GT's are cheap. here look at this.
cars.com/vehicledetail/detail/666603614/overview/
idk where you live but that close to new ecoboost prices
And if you would want the last body style S197s are cheap averaging 25k and they arent stripped GT's

>almost 2-ton 4banger
>americans in charge of car design