How painful do you think it is to die in an automobile accident...

How painful do you think it is to die in an automobile accident? I don't mean instant death crashes or the particularly gruesome ones where somebody gets trapped in a car and slowly burns alive. I mean the ones you read in the news that are like

>user was involved in a one vehicle accident near shitposting boulevard around 2:30 a.m. he was airlifted to a hospital where he later died from injuries sustained

Sounds awful desu

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2009_Taconic_State_Parkway_crash
youtube.com/watch?v=-DxpHo6tGgk
youtube.com/watch?v=EGHQcshH8Ro
liveleak.com/view?i=5ca_1411367630
liveleak.com/view?i=daf_1439338593
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

He was probably not even conscious at time of death.

I heard that burning alive isn't painful so much as it is terrifying.

Whatever burning substance on your skin supposedly destroys your nerve endings before the pain becomes intense, and you're more likely to suffocate to death first.

Okay senpai put your hand over a candle and hold that shit there and tell me it doesn't hurt. How do you even get a legitimate account of what it feels like to die in a fire?

Pretty sure gasoline burn hotter than a candle flame

We're not talking about burning skin, we're talking MELTING skin, like shriveling up layer by layer and falling off your muscles and bones. Imagine your legs getting cooked with liquid fire and the skin on top of them just sliding off like they were sleeves.

Never said I speak for experience either, but based on human anatomy and accounts of people who have gotten serious burns anybody can speculate what it's like.

>How painful do you think it is to die in an automobile accident?
Extremely

Im an EMT. The shitty thing isnt dying in pain, its coming back and having to attempt recovery from something castastrophic. Majority of survivors never get back to what they were.

That's a 2nd degree burn at worst, 3rd degree burns tend to remove nerve endings.

Sure your nerve ending in your skin are destoyed in full thickness burns, but you still feel the pain in your muscle tissue in a continuous burn. The pain doesnt stop at the skin.

Typically not very painful either you're knocked unconscious, or the shock and adrenaline probably keeps the pain at bay.

Every major injury I had during an accident, did not hurt majorly til several hours after

I've heard that, but then I've also heard stories from burn victims saying it's the worst pain imaginable. If I had third degree burns on the majority of my body I wouldn't want to go through recovery. Fuck that, just pump me full of morphine until I die.

There was this story about a friend of a friend

>be him
>driving mr2 with his girl
>proud of car and girl
>one day decides to create a nurburgring type tour inviting other people to join in on the event
>day of event starts lots of boy racers/rich men/people from all walks of life basically just liking the idea of a grand tour
>grand tour starts nothing stupid happened so far
>at noon driving on a path northbound
>trucks are on the road
>slow as cuck
>decides to overtake a truck
>crossing the asphalt from right to left
>side by side the truck
>incoming 200cc motorbike quick as cuck
>evasive swerve to the left
>tires hit dirt/gravel because its a provincial road
>provincial roads are only two lanes, one for each side
>left tire get no traction but right tire does
>spin around and lose control
>t boning a telephone/electric post
>passerby people staring at him
>witnesses say he was cut in half waist down
>blood all over him
>witnesses say he was still uttering sorry to girl
>and also screaming in pain and shock
>girl is knocked out
>both wearing seatbelt
>guy dies before medics even take him to the hospital
>girl is still in coma i think

>cuck
>cuck
>cuck
Don't do that.

Second story

Old Friends of mine from highschool

>be guy 1
>saturday night nothing to do
>ask bestfriend of guy 1 out to party
>all the boys in the group are busy or doesnt like to go out on that saturday night
>guy 1 & his bestfriend party at night
>driving an suv from guy1's chinese dad
>enter expressway
>on the way to the expressway race trying to race some unknown suv
>a little drunk but fun and adrenaline rush pumping in blood
>wiz thru traffic at 3am-ish
>race the hell out of the suv

This part i dont know why they crashed into the middle bridge column on the expressway

>police arrives
>bestfriend of guy was thrown out the front windshield
>crumpled paper lik body shape on the otherside of the expressway
>brains out on the road
>speculations also suggest when he was thrown out the windshield he was also hit or runover by another car
>guy 1 is seen halfway through the guardrail in the middle of the road separating the bridge column and the otherside of the road
>medics said his body was found like he was trying to reach his best friend

>be me
>go to funeral
>guy 1 was only son of the chinese dad
>closed casket funeral
>go to best friend of guy 1s funeral right beside guy1s funeral room
>see his family crying
>see his face some obvious stitches on the left side of the head
>condolences to both families

May peace be upon to these 4 people of whom i only knew from facebook

Sorry didnt mean to
Typing on an ipad is kinda new to me

>iPad

Literal cuckled

So i guess from both stories of mine

I think it's more shock at first and then pain will settle in and also adrenaline

Hahaha as i said i didnt mean it

Oh and i forgot to mention both cars where totaled
Im guessing at both stories maybe they were going at 60-100kph

i heard burning is about as bad as it gets

Daily reminder: if you've ever had an at fault collision, you're a shit driver.

Chances are pretty good they were comatose to start when you see "died upon arrival to hospital" or something like that.
motorcyle crash is either instant or long and horribly painful though.

we all make mistakes, Mr. Perfect please go.

For you.

Happened a few min from my house, I saw the aftermath the next day.

I'm so glad I made it through being a teenager alive with all of the dumb hooning shit we'd do involving our cars...

I just finished watching the documentary about that woman a few years ago who drove the wrong way on the taconic in upstate NY for 2 miles at 80mph and killed 8 people including 4 kids. Looked pretty fucking painful....its an odd story behind it, the family of the woman driving, who lost 4 of their own, can't come to terms with the DNA, blood and autopsy results that show her being very very drunk because she was such a model mother who wasn't drunk before she left that morning. The poor husband is just in complete denial and even sued NYS....

>en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2009_Taconic_State_Parkway_crash

adrenaline probably takes care of a lot of it.
but yes burning alive would be awful if you didn't pass out from smoke first.

he's right desu

If u die u do not feel pain. So none.

I love that Apple autocorrect fuck to cuck. They know their customers so well.

OP, I was killed once in a car crash. Broken bones, bruised, punctured, and lacerated organs hurt like a bitch. Not to mention all the small cuts everywhere, like when you bust a knuckle when a wrench slips off. And I can tell you that spitting up blood is very unpleasant and terrifying. If there is an up side at all, it's that the pain didn't last too long.

I knew a guy that had a tire blow out on the freeway and he flipped down an embankment in the middle of the night.
He crawled all the way up the embankment with a broken leg, ribs, collapsed lung, and I think ruptured spleen, but I can't remember and laid in the street till someone found him.

She goes running to the shelter
Of a mother's little helper

you are alive and concious as you lay folded up inside your car for like 10 min for the firefighters to arrive

then you wait another 10 min for them to pry the door open

the worst part is when they bend you to get you out onto the strecher and strap you down

You can listen to it
youtube.com/watch?v=-DxpHo6tGgk

>women
She somehow manages to kill 8 people with one car. Crazy.

Of course it's a bmw. E34. Old and slow but driven wreck lessy because BMW.

but to answer the op

it hurts beyond regular pain, like to the point where the world stops

>I take out a strike-anywhere match and hold it against the box.

>Should I do it?

>Yes. Do it.

>I strike the match, but it doesn't light. Try again.

>I light the match. Nothing happens. I bring it closer to my wrist and then it goes up, all over me, eating through me everywhere. I can't breathe. I'm screaming, “Craig! Craig!”

>I fall down. I'm going to die. I'm going to find out what death is like. I'm going to know. But nothing's happening.

>This hurts too much. I need to stop it. I need to get up. I stand. I don't know how I stand, but I do, and I turn on the shower. I'm breathing water and smoke. I unlock the door and open it. My hand is all black. I walk out. There's Craig with Rusty, our dog, next to him. They have the same expression on their faces.

>Craig yells something and runs downstairs. I think he's calling 911. I'm following him. He hands me the phone and runs off. There's a woman on the phone asking me questions. I try to tell her what's happened, but my voice sounds choked and brittle. There's something wrong with my voice.

>The woman on the phone says the fire trucks and ambulances are on their way. Somehow she knows my address. Craig is gone now, gone to get Mom, and Rusty is hiding somewhere. Smoke is coming from the bathroom upstairs and I can see that the whole room has turned black. I look down and see my flesh is charred and flaking and the glow-in-the-dark boxer shorts are burnt into my skin.

>The woman on the phone says everything is going to be all right, and I believe her. She has a nice voice. She keeps asking me if I'm still on fire and I say, “I don't think so.”

>I'm walking around the kitchen, waiting for the ambulance to come. I can see my reflection in the microwave. Where's my hair? Where did my hair go? Is that my face?

>We used to put marshmallows in the microwave. We used to watch them get bigger and bigger and then shrink down.

Fire bad

>alcoholics don't hide being alcoholics

Looks pretty fucking painful.
youtube.com/watch?v=EGHQcshH8Ro

The body goes into shock and adrenaline is pumping through your veins.

It can't be that bad. people set themselves on fire all the time to protest stuff.

Flailed ribs is gonna be about as painful as anyone could take.

A childhood friend died in a car accident. He was going 100mph+ and jumped the curb and went airborne. His car was crushed and burnt to a crisp. They said he probably died before upon impact, before the car caught fire, and for his sake I hope he did. The car didn't even resemble a car after all was said and done. Poor kid was only a few months away from graduation, and he left his parents and his little brother behind. Please drive safe y'all.
RIP Manny.

He didn't take, he died shortly after. He was a famous brazilian singer sitting in the back with his gf when the driver lost control speeding. They both got ejected because seatbelts are for dweebs. gf got her head smooshed on impact so got off lucky compared to him.

Another friend of mine died just months before graduation. Again, please drive safe, don't speed. wherever you need to be isn't worth your life.

How did you live to tell about it?

(1/2)

A kid I went to school with died in a car accident.

He was out fucking around on backroads with three of his """buddies""" in the car and another car full of """buddies""" following.

They jumped a road at high speed in his old rusty FWD Celica. The suspension bottomed out, chassis hit road, lost control of the car. He slammed into a tree with the front edge of the driver's door. The angle of impact drove the tree towards the right rear tire - his seat ended up wedged between the back seat and the passenger's seat. The only thing between him and the tree was the door.

All of his """buddies""" survived - one ended up thrown onto the hood and hurt pretty bad. The chase car stopped, collected the three passengers, and left the driver and the wrecked car. They assumed he was dead. He was merely unconscious.

He came to, was able to find his phone in the wreck, and called 911. A friend of mine was working dispatch that night. He said that he knew he wasn't going to make it because he was too badly hurt, but asked them to send an ambulance for his friends, because he couldn't see any of them and was worried they were badly hurt. Being trapped in the shattered remains of the car, he couldn't see that all his """buddies""" left him to die. The dispatcher said that he fell silent, and no amount of shouting into the phone could get a response. He heard through the phone the sounds of emergency vehicles pulling up, and cutting him out of the car.

I have another friend who worked first-response firefighter, who was on the scene of the accident. Told me that the car was so badly damaged that if it didn't say Celica on the back you wouldn't be able to tell what it was. That the tree was sitting where the driver's seat was supposed to be. That the kid's injuries were so bad he didn't know how he was able to call 911.

When they got there, he was unconscious. He never woke up again, and died 12 hours later. "Injuries incompatible with life."

>he was airlifted to a hospital where he later died from injuries sustained

Well, to be fair, most cases like that the victim is about as high as the moon. Once the Fire Department extracts you paramedics take one look at them and start stabbing them with pain killers fully knowing you'll probably die before they even take off

(2/2)

Earlier this year, my childhood best friend died in an ATV accident.

He was out riding around on the road with his ATV at 1:30 in the morning, and flipped it. It's easy enough to do - ATV's can be unstable at speed, and the tires can get more than enough grip on pavement. I've flipped ATVs before and only gotten bruises.

Tom wasn't so lucky.

When he flipped the ATV, it landed on top of him and pinned him to the ground.

Paramedics arrived, got him free of the machine, and transported him via ambulance to the nearest hospital. Waiting there was the MedFlight chopper, which took him to UW-Madison hospital - the best hospital in the state.

It wasn't enough. He died of his injuries.

Full of ketamine and looking at all the pretty lights.
>The only way to fly

I didn't come here to feel feels, faggot

I think I remember seeing that on the news. Sorry to hear about it Wisconsin bro.

All comes down to time.
Time after the impact to someone actually attending and getting you out, on a stretcher and off to hospital. Most of the analgesics you'll get before hospital will be mild enough to stop you thrashing around but not strong enough to knock it out completely (ie- morphine, pethadine etc)
I used to do voluntary state emergency stuff and being out in the bush meant we'd get to an accident before the paramedics would, so that meant stabilising people and getting them out of the shit for up to 30-45min, so sorry buddy, no painkillers for you during that time so you'll need to suck it up and tough it out.
Most painful I've seen-
>A lap-sash seatbelt that basically bent a young girl in half and splintered most of her lower spine
>40-50% gravel rash to the lower body- because bikers are fucking morons and don't wear protection
>25% 2nd-3rd degree burns from fire... yeah that was nasty and I'm not scared of blood or gore

Wear your seatbelt

Nah, sorry mate its all fucked more than you can imagine-
liveleak.com/view?i=5ca_1411367630

Crash tests are done at 30. The motorway speed limit is 70. Whether you stick to the 70 limit or do 100, the end result is the same. At least 100 is more likely to result in instant death, rather than serious life changing injury.

My dad says that back when race cars were made out of magnesium alloys many drivers refused to wear seat belts in the hope that they would be thrown from a crash. A magnesium alloy car is basically guaranteed to be an inferno when it crashes and they didn't want to be burned alive.

I got airlifted to a hospital after what I am told was a head on and was in a coma for a bit, and unable to form memories for the first week or so when I was out of a coma. Both occupants of the other car died. I was launched through my passenger side window and into a field. I remember nothing.

The most painful thing is entirely mental; the fact I could be responsible for the deaths of two people, the fact I don't remember and may never know what happened.

Injuries from the crash include;
Bleeding brain
Bleeding lungs
Shattered pelvis
Broken left forearm
Shattered right wrist
Jaw sheered in half vertically
Damaged eye muscle restricting eye movement
Missing teeth
Post traumatic amnesia, apparently I might never remember what happened.

Shit man, you got any long lasting issues? how long ago was this.

Before this thread I was looking at mr2s, I am rethinking that now.

Oh man, and I thought that vid of the russian guy in the van burning alive with his legs trapped was fucked up. Poor cunt.

link

liveleak.com/view?i=daf_1439338593

Even worse was that he was halfway out the window yet his crushed legs prevented him from escaping.

man being a firefighter must be hard
I remember one of my old mans mates was a firey and when he came to visit you could always tell if he had been called out that day. He once told me a story about a guys head he found 30 meters from the car.

He also said from his experience he said 70% of all the cars he found wrecked had worn out tyres.

This happened at the end of February. It's tearing me apart. I'm being investigated by the police. This is the most horrible thing.

Long lasting; my wrist is a bit fucked, don't know if I can even do rollercoasters or go on planes with my brain injury, this will probably haunt me forever, I have metal implants holding most of me together, and I'm covered in scars from being thrown through a car window and a barbed wire fence.

Reincarnation

shit, just take it easy man.

As for the police thing, its interesting you can't even remember what happened and thus cant defend yourself. And really would incur the punishment for a lapse in judgment that can never be known if you made.

no stranger on the internet can really give you any useful advice for dealing with something like that.

Just take it easy and accept whatever the RNG gods roll.

God damn user, I'm so so sorry.

>Shit man, you got any long lasting issues?

Are you more braindead than he is?

I just want to get back to my life and back to driving.

My car saved my life, I want her back.

I know that feel. Tell us about her, user.

My car saved my life several times. Too bad I drive like an idiot and rekt her.

Salsa on this?

There's just so much to say, I can't even