/rlg/ - Roguelike General

any anons who say t*mmy will be REPORTED

FAQ and What to Play
FAQ: pastebin.com/Q7K91Q34
What to Play?: pastebin.com/yfUKx35f

>Webterminal
Rogue Nexus – Cataclysm online with shared map and tons of other roguelikes in a simple online package! (USA Only)
roguenex.us

>Individual Game Pastas
pastebin.com/SgMJ7Xwh

Previous Thread

Other urls found in this thread:

github.com/crawl/crawl/commit/e213fbe9c834
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Ohayou gozaimasu, /rlg/!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Let's play our best today!

2nd for chei

cum

I want to play a MuMo now
But I suck with monks

agreed

So, should I AAA and pray for hat of the 15 runes or wands and pray for heal wounds?

The hat, heal wounds isn't going to save you

Gods of acquirement didn't favor me too much but enough.

This is fucking dumb.

In wizard mode I can enslave Geryon, Cerebov, Dispater, Lom Lobon, Mennas, Antaeus, but can't enslave random pan lords, even the one that's legitimately generated by orb run.

Does Qazlal's elemental summon work on clouds made by rod of clouds? Does his cloud protection work on them?

First for Ukshawdiandw

Reminder for the rlgrobin accounts, which are used for all of us to make ourself better and all!
User: rlgrobin
Pass: ownfault

Reminder that one user gotten a win yesterday on the rlgrobin account!

Explain to me what this rlgrobin thing is exactly

Proposal to replace with howler leeches.

>travel in packs
>howl
>life draining bite
>they're coming

*replace swamp worms

Does Xom just randomly fuck with you even if you don't worship him now? I'm an abyssal knight and I got a message saying
>you feel as though Xom is toying with you
>The walls become transparent
Or is Lugonu and Xom somehow the same?

>enslaving Gloorx Blog

This party's about to get absolutely crazy!

it's a vault

Should also smite and malmutate.

Well I'm sad. Was able to tab through all of vault:5 until 1 single elf demonologist came through and summoned every hellfire hurler in existence.

And, as usual: the rlgrobin account on xtahua has a different password, "robin".

You're welcome.

yes and yes, if anyone cares

Should I follow my dreams and Berserk?
Will I have more fun like that than playing it safe.

Its just an acc to look out for incase youre bored and wanna see other anons play and to know that they are from here
Maybe someone can demonstrate something to play or whatever so you can learn

>dark maul
FAULT FAULT FAULT

I'm playing a Naga Be and found the Dark Maul.
The biggest fault would be to not use it.
Also even though I asked I'm not going to follow any advice and just go ahead and berserk anyway.

You know, it might have been a thing if that was the door vault. Just imagine all the angry scorp dads outside, listening to Santana's Smooth while sipping on some nice corona. They'll get real sad when you start pounding their qt ghost moth and snatch their rune, so you probably just want to dip.

As long as you stay away from Idolmaster, user.

I'm a little sad they keep removing all the most terrifying enemies.

If they do add them, they usually just get removed one version later.

What are these terrifying enemies they've removed? Are you not spooked by shock wasps and juggalos?

>juggalos
What?

probably meant juggernauts?
they're the dumbest fucking enemy ever, literally nothing but a newbietrap
i sincerely hope they just get removed

>implying I'll ever leave Rin

Juggernauts. They hit ludicrously hard and can chase down a spriggan like no other. Easy tele if you see one, unless you can diesel through it. Also, you should be afraid of iron giants too.

Oh yeah. I find them scary. I've yet to play a version of the game with the iron giants.

blessed toes
ravenous mimics
phoenixes
spirit wolves (awoo)
shedus
sliver stars
Lamia
sharks

Anime is shit.

Spirit wolves are actually back in. I never found phoenixes, sharks, or shedus to be a problem, since they didn't really hit all that hard. Ravenous mimics existed to fuck stabbers which was funny but also bullshit. Silver stars were actually bullshit. Literally never fought lamia or a blessed toe, so I can't tell you how I feel on those. I feel like all the new monsters are far spookier than the ones on your list, barring silver stars and their 1hko holy "Fuck the browns and their mutations" beam.

>blessed toe

Yeah you know scratch that one, seraphim are much more terrifying.

Sharks were a fun environmental hazard in shoals.

Caustic shrikes are still in the game.

Until they can breathe acidic fog, I will not fear.

How about an instant, smite-targetted, LoS range corrosion as an additional attack each turn.

cum
on tum

>instant, smite-targetted, LoS range corrosion

Now that's just silly.

That little girl should put on some clothes. She is too young to be exploring dungeons.

>In wizard mode I can enslave Geryon, Cerebov, Dispater, Lom Lobon, Mennas, Antaeus, but can't enslave random pan lords, even the one that's legitimately generated by orb run.
And this is why they don't allow Yred to go extended.
I fucking knew there is more to that wording, even though it's misleading as fuck since unrand panlords are usually more powerful than random ones.
>spicy strat of diving Hell early as an evo-focused Yredude and snatching Geryon AND his horn for double the hell beast summoning fun might be legit
Sweet.
Orc Priest Bees are pretty spooky.

>loli tummy

>Orc Priest Bees are pretty spooky.

Yeah, they're pretty terrifying as is.

>always spawn in threes
>very fast
>smite smite smite smite smite dead

fug xDDDD
bls stop

sorry it had to end like this

Pop tele and hope for the best
Chug heal wounds if needed

github.com/crawl/crawl/commit/e213fbe9c834
>Disable Pakellas

MarvinPA strikes again! Warned you!

Is that supposed to be scary for a **** piety trog worshipper?
Pop haste, bacl off a little, spam BiA + wands.
Ez exp.

I'm not surprised, Pakellas was pretty braindead and the unlimited wand charges even more so. What I'm surprised about is that he made his way into an actual release version.

One more reason to not play Deep Dwarves though.

rip 2pak

>What I'm surprised about is that he made his way into an actual release version
this

Well he's playing a GrBe, arguably even babbier than Mibebabby.
I doubt good decisions are very high up on his list of priorities.

>They killed 2pak
Don't shed a tear for me, nigga, I ain't happy here
I hope they bury me and send me to my rest
Headlines reading 'disabled to removal', my last breath
Take a look, picture a crook on his last stand
Motherfuckers don't understand; if I die tonight

Word.

>Currently Pakellas is disabled pending a rework (or full removal), so characters currently worshipping Pakellas can still continue as normal.
Rework him into an alchemy-based god and re-introduce some of the stalker spells back as abilities unique to 2pak.
Piety gained on kills is also stupid for a god titled "the Inventive".
Maybe give him a zero piety ability that would allow players to mix 2 potions to produce a new potion, with a chance to lose both ingridients. So, piety gained from item sacrifices, essentialy, with a chance of producing something good.
Also bonus piety on ID-drinking potions, double piety from ID-drinking dangerous stuff like degeneration, poison or mut.

I know this general loves passive agressive insults but I honestly just posted the screenshot because I thought the situation was just fucked enough to be funny and not fucked enough I'd get infinite FAULT responses

____________________Git gud____________________

>the situation was just fucked enough
What? You have 30 AC and 15 EV using a blunt weapon as a beserker, what part of that situation is dangerous in the least?

Flash Freeze bypasses EV and being frozen slows movement, on top of doing a good amount of damage with no resistance

The hydra would have been pretty dangerous by itself regardless of my AC with my hp. Other than tele I had no choice but to stand and take it due to the slowing. The spiny frog and centaur just added insult to the injury

read your fuggin scrolls

No ?Blink or !Cancellation?

You know what's really fucked? A pack of 5 orc priests on D:6. Well actually more like 2 orc warbands spawned on top of each other, but it's still pretty ridiculous.
But I won a lottery and got a cloak of invis from Yiuf the floor before, so free exp down my throat, I guess.

Should I still sit on 17.1?

I had cancellation, but I did have tele so I used that instead

The hydra's now apparently camping a staircase though

post features you want to see in dcss
new zealot background that lets you start with any god

Laundry

player race: giant spore

More zealots of the known gods roaming about. I want to see paladins of TSO or Abbots of Zin or Dozers of Chei.

You can take on 8-headed hydras at like level 5 as a berserker.

Race that is shortened Cu.

Cubiforms, small square constructs. As they level they gain additional sides. All 'die rolls' they make explode on the highest result possible, allowing them to roll an additional 'die' of the same number of sides and add it to their previous total.

I'm also not a berserker, to add

I wanted to get a lajatang before Zot and I didn't find Oka's altar somehow, so I just went trog. That's why my piety is so low

Sounds OP.

>Cubiform wants the orb to become "perfect", no sides as they have gained infinite amount of sides
>they take over the orb as they get it and become a sphere

But you're worshipping trog so you just have to berserk and you will beat the shit out of that hydra.
Or BiA, the best summoning spell in the game.

>slings +4

is it worth raising the skill more than the minimal attack speed requirements just for the damage?

>Cubiforms, small square constructs.
Sounds like modrons, I like it.
But we all know user just wants to win a CuCK run.

First for dicku-a-missu.

No.

You're history, dickuposter.
The thread has long been hijacked by tummyposters and lolifags.

the summon works but there's a cap to the number of summoned units based on invo so you can't just fill the screen with a massive army

That one guy actually did that with max invo though. It was his V:$ strat, and it was hilarious.

Was it a screen cap of using the immolation clouds?

Not super sure. I just remember him having a gorrillion elementals and saying that he should have just disaster area'd, but he made elementals instead because it was funnier.

F

>implying dicku's memory won't live as long as I mourn his loss

pakellas was cool when he was god of rods but they nerfed the shit out of that so he only ever gifted one

change him around IMO to have less focus on wands and more on rods

That was me. Those elementals did fuck all by the way and I should have just used more upheavals but it was more fun to have a small army of fire snakes standing inbetween me and all of vault 5.

>get exactly +1 slaying
>add d1 damage to every hit
>suddenly oneshot everything

Why? Why god that simply gifts rods should even be a thing?
You can easily get a bunch of rods from the minotaur and V:$.
It's just really not enough to justify that gods existance.

>Races dont have the be balanced with each other
>neither do gods (see trog+tso vs fedhas
>BUT AT NO POINT ARE ANY ALLOWED TO BE FUN
>nerfed hep
>removed 2pak
>chei now loses piety if you take it too slow

actually sounds cool

Do skalds start to feel stronger mid game? Because at the start they seem squishy as fuck and their damage is just meh. All of those charms you start with sound nice in theory, but in practice I don't feel like they give me any edge in combat compared to just picking a pure warrior class. Even with Song of Slaying (7) and Infusion and a shroud on, I still go down and i'm not really doing the massive damage I envisioned