Discussion about wagons and badgewhores

Thesis: Anyone who drives a BMW Touring and isn't a car enthusiast is a badgewhore.

Why would you buy a BMW wagon?
I'll use the Volkswagen counterpart for comparison. Passat vs 3 series, both are D segment.
Space? Volkswagen wagons are cheaper (depends on where you live) and more spacious - pic related.
Handling? It's a fat and heavy wagon, you don't buy a wagon for handling.
Performace? You don't buy wagons for performance but if you wanna argue that, the 328i 193hp E46 does 0-60 in 7.4s while the 2.8L 193hp B5 Passat does it in 8s flat - it's heavier by 200kg (440lbs). So there's no significant difference.
The only argument I can think of is dat I6, but normalfags don't pay attention to that so it's not really a valid argument and VWs have V6s and W8s.
VW parts are also cheaper than BMW parts (depending on where you live).

What other reasons are there to buy a BMW Touring over any other wagon?
Discuss.

Simple, VWs are shit.

Arguments with examples or GTFO

>Anyone who drives a BMW Touring and isn't a car enthusiast is a badgewhore.

>Performace? You don't buy wagons for performance

anyone who buys a wagon isnt a car enthusiast

driving dynamics, my 540i is the best sport luxury car i've ever driven at being sport and luxury and it can store a SHITLOAD in the back

but i see what you mean. if you dont care about driving dynamics, why put up with bmw issues?

>I've bought a shit car and now I want to justify it to strangers on the Internet

Here's one word you probably forgot about when buying your car: quality.

The 3-Series has traditionally been a bit smaller than the Passat, currently shorter by about half a foot. The 5-Series on the other hand is bigger than the Passat and probably also has more space. It slots right between.

>VWfag desperately trying to convince himself that he didn't make a terrible purchase

I drive a shit car indeed, but it's not a VW. It's 316i E36. Nice deduction skills but justifying a shitty purchase wasn't the point of this post.

Why do you care? Get a life.

>being on Veeky Forums
>having a life

no matter how much this board hates BMW, the 3 series is one of the best handling and most fun to drive cars in the segment. touring might be a bit heavier, but it really does not matter. if you want to have a car that is engaging to drive and occasionally lug around some shit, the 3 is great. and if you lug around shit as a passion, buy a volvo. the VW is just so dull

because dealing with VW issues is even worse, assuming you're in burgerland and you're unlucky enough to get one of their Mexican made examples.

you forgot to quality "3 series made before 2011"

>examples
theyre all shit

>Comparing a Passat to a 3 series
There's your problem OP, it should be a Jetta vs 3 series.

Mine would be a touring if they came in stick.

3er and Passat are the same class. But let's give Jetta/Golf a go.
>Jetta mk.IV 460L/1470L (only Jetta wagon available)
>E46 equivalent: 435L/1345L
>Golf mk.V 505L/1495L
>E91 equivalent: 460L/1385L
>2012 Golf mk.VII 605L/1620L
>F31: 495L/1500L
Okay friend. For good measure, let's compare 5er to the Passat, even though 5er is a higher segment.
>E34 460L/910L - Passat B4 wins on maximum space
>E39 410L/1525L - Passat B5 wins
>E60 500L/1650L - Passat B6 loses on maximum space
>F11 560L/max not found - Passat B8 wins
Source: auto-data.net/en
Just so I don't come of as some VW shill, let's throw some other wagons into the mix as well:
>Volvo V70 (E segment) 2000-2007 model 485L/1641L - better than B5, B6 E46 and E91, E39, comparable to E60
>Volvo V50 (C segment) 2004-2009: 417L/1307L - better than E46 and B6
>O*el Omega (E segment) 1994-2000: 540L/1800L - wins everything while being dirt cheap and also RWD
>O*el Astra G (C segment) 1998-2004: 480L/1500L - comparable to E39
>inb4 >GM
>Ford Mondeo II (D segment) 2000-2007: 540L/1700: - better than E60, E39, B6, E46
-MB C-class S203 (D segment) 2001-2007: 470L/1384L - better than E46 (slightly), B6
-Citroen Xsara 1999-2004: 517L/1512L - comparable to E39

Yes I'm autistic, yes I'm bored. I just wanted to know why you'd buy a BMW Touring over any other cheaper wagon if you need to haul shit around.

mother
fucking
manual
swap
bro

because VW is shit. what part of this do you not understand? numbers be damned, no one wants that mexican garbage. i mean you cant even get leather in a jetta

nick, you are a fucking faggot

This is a below retarded thread
You dont buy a BMW wagon purely for hauling stuff, you buy it for comfort, driving dynamics, build quality, interior quality etc. and practicality as a bonus. A VW Passat does make a better work horse as parts are usually cheaper, there is a reason VW Passat Variants and Audi Avants are the most popular redneck cars in Europe. You dont see a BMW being driven/trashed around on shit mud roads in some eastern european countryside shithole, only audis and vw's.
Pic related my ex Audi wagon, sold it to some redneck lmao

dodek is that you?

also
>driving a more comfortable, refined and dynamically better car makes you a badge whore
christ this is stupid

...this meaning what exactly?

>be australian
>see this thread
My wagon would have a min "trunk" capacity of 1200L.