/owg/ - Overwatch General

Viking Zarya when Edition

>Official Website
playoverwatch.com

>The Oversheet
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1QgTenq3s-YesFgb-CPI6yIPpp4K9xot7LhTBo3Tm0Pk/edit#gid=1751764739/

>Wiki
overwatch.gamepedia.com/Overwatch_Wiki

>Convert source mouse sensitivity
jscalc.io/calc/djyxBymfcWCIgD4f

>OP Pastebin
pastebin.com/0HaMLiu7

>Stats and Leaderboards
masteroverwatch.com
overbuff.com/

>Competitive Info
gosugamers.net/overwatch
over.gg/

>Overwatch DPS Sheet
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1D4jOtaosiZoM2VA9IjRRPaiMbTTZtPrD1d8mK23DPa0

>Upcoming Dates:
August 17th - End of Season 1
August 18th - "The Last Bastion" short released
August 22nd - End of the Summer Games event

>Eichenwalde | New Map Preview
youtube.com/watch?v=H3xFKckFCGM

Other urls found in this thread:

newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?item=N82E16814127964
youtube.com/watch?v=euQjaCjnRGU
youtube.com/watch?v=Fz2nZJKk53g
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

remove overtime

post gremlin

I wish nobody says "nerf genji plz" xd.

>join quick play match
>first game
>now traveling to eichenwalde

Hell yeah

Is it already out?

Someone be a doll and hit me with the Summer Games checklist

>hurr genji is OP

How does it feel to be pure shit? Just shoot him.

I don't have a template

>last few matches are laggy as shit
>leave
>next match get stuck in glitch and can't exit kill cam
>got penalized for things out if my control
BLIZZARD YOU SHITS

*shoots him*
*dies to reflect*

You are the one innocent man in jail, user. You must suffer so that the rest do as well.

How do you counter two McMemes?

Shit teams keep failing and think there's nothing to do against them. What's a good pick to fuck them over?

roadhog

if i do my placement matches and just play lucio will i be at least rank 50

Probably. I should have tried that. Depends if you win too. You will inevitably have retards on your team in placement matches.

You can take any problem and add "just" to trivialize it.
>just shoot him
>just stay on the point
>just stop having cancer

>caring about quickplay

>Wanting a enemy team to run you over
>Wanting to lose
>Wanting two shitters to Woody the cowboy it up for instawin

I bet you're still rank 50 in competitive too.

be a decent genji or a good tracer

or pick roadhog

thanks

Np, sweatie ;) :*

GUYS
I DON'T KNOW WHERE ELSE TO ASK SO I'LL ASK HERE
newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?item=N82E16814127964
SHOULD I GET THIS NOW FOR MY UPCOMING PC BUILD OR SHOULD I GET A 480 INSTEAD
I DONT KNOW HOW LONG IT'LL BE IN STOCK SO I NEED TO MAKE A DECISION NOW

Its like 8% better than the 480.
I have a 480. Its about 25% better at vulkan based games.
All shills aside ppl say* amd has better driver support so the 480 might git gud. I got the 480 witg that in mind. On the other hand nvidia has shadowplay, raptr sucks. Idk.

The differance in vulkan performance is why i got it

Will the buff finally make Mei viable?

I realised I'll never get the D.va "I'm number 1" voice line to spam. I bought 100 blizzard boxes and a few levels since this event came out.

Fuck off she doesnt need a buff.
what are they buffing?

I have it and her olympic skin. I just want McCree and zarya skins now.

youtube.com/watch?v=euQjaCjnRGU

think she wants ya

I hope you get them in your next life

Ult radius is bigger, Icicle damage increased.

Ult goes through barriers. Excluding zarya bubbles and freezes quick. Mostly what I heard

Ult ok, dmg by how much? it seems ok to me. Ult needs a whole rework

>play Reaper for the first time ever
>Get gold damage, eliminations and objective eliminations with little to no effort along with winning the game

Tell me again how is this guy not broken as hell?

"m-muh positioning"
If Edgylord didnt have a teleport skill that can take him across the entire map, that would be valid, but with shadow step positioning is a no brainer, aside from "Can McCree see me?"

And before you memetastic fucks ask, this was in a rank 65 match.

I used to somewhat respect Reapers because I thought it actually required skill ,but after that? They are worse than AvenueSwines in my book.

Why should zarya block what no1 else can?

Those stats are meaningless since you can get them by just spamming M1 in the general direction of the enemy and winging them to get partial credit for the kill (which counts as a full elimination/objective kill for some retarded reason). How many final blows did you get?

Because playing Zarya is incredibly difficult and she's already so weak and vulnerable, user.

Reaper#12305 add me if you want to have a grand ol autistic time with me!!!!

>did good
>good team
>my char must be op
>ow the autism
>ow ow

Zarya Bubble works like Reaper's ghosting, it keeps her from being affected by the cold by forming a barrier to it (though in Reaper's case he just floats through it unaffected as mist).

Being able to block a low pick rate chars ult wount really remedy that

Because not everything is universal.

Why can D.va delete all projectiles and even ultimates that are projectiles but not roadhogs hook (which is a projectile)

Why is it that genji/tracer/reinhardt can all escape zaryas ultimate with their movement abilities but winstons rocket leap can't?

Shits just the way it is.

Is there anything those bubbles dont block? Literally newfag here

>mfw i tried to block genjis ult with d.va
>while flying straight thru it
>whole team saw me do it
>id kill myself if i wasnt dead already

cant think of a single thing they dont block

stops damage, mei freeze, earthshatter, think it even stops reinhardt charge if you push it before he hits you

>Blizzard deletes threads with criticism of summer loot
>Players call them out on it
>Blizzard puts the threads back up
what is this clown fiesta shit?

Summer clown fiesta, duh

but hook counts as a melee attack, that's why genji can't reflect it, and only block it

Why dont they make it block detection like widows ult while they are at it…
On the bright side its a small shield amount so im ok with it

No, as far as I know. They only have 200 hp though, so they can be broken if the team focus fires. Consequently though you'll fill up her charge really quickly, so if she's competent you'll get a faceful of hot laser death.

It doesn't stop the charge, but if you impact before the duration of the bubble ends you won't take damage. If you don't though, you do take damage.

In addition to that, keep in mind that Zarya's bubble is great for spike damage, since it won't take damage if the spike blows it up. Specifically, I use it when D.Vas ult just before the mech explodes for that sweet MAXIMUM CHARGE.

Why the fuck is it a melee attack when it's a ranged attack that's coded to behave like a projectile?

This rabbit hole doesn't lead us to consistency. It's just that blizzard wanted it to behave that way.

>nearly hit 60
>suddenly all push maps, not koth
>suddenly mccree and hanzo mains vs full stacks
>nearly drop to 55
YOU STUPID JEW NIGGERS DIE IN PAIN WHY THE FUCK IS THIS HOW IT WORKS?

So what's on the PTR

Are you me? same happened to me. When i was 59 it was amazing, people were using mics to communicate, people cared about team composition and the overall vibe was non toxic.

Then dropped down to 50 and all that gone

genjis deflect and D.va's shield says it blocks projectiles, if am not mistaken, i mighr be. Also the hook is a fucking projectile idgf if its coded as a melee. Fixit.

Elimination in this game doesn't mean shit, as you get a full credit for kills as long you did at least 1 damage.

With Reaper's shotgun spread, all it takes is spray in your enemy's general direction.

How much damage did you deal? If not at least 20k, you're not really doing Reaper's real job.

Bastion buffs incoming bros

>check main game patch notes
>"Fixed a bug that was blocking spectator cameras from passing through some random shit"
Is it all on the PTR or...?

Some people dont know how to look up

It is a Ranged Melee attack with the ranged properties of a projectile.

What, you want it to be hitscan?

Same about the D.va ult
I laugh and smile every time a D.va tries to nuke my team

Hot

Not him but if what we're looking for is consistency then it needs to be a projectile and operate as one.

How to fix Competitive:
>remove Push completely
>keep KOTH with side rotation
>solos can't be matched against stacks

And suddenly everything is fair

sauce this is my fetish.

No, i expect a fucking projectile to be regarded as one.

Why?

How bad could her laser get? should i avoid popping the shields and instead bait them into chase/wait them out? i dont want to be that guy that enables enemy kill streaks. Also can i crit the bubble with widow?

>drop a dank shield on myself and Mercy right before the nuke
>start melting losers with MAXIMUM CHARGE while Mercy revives our team then heals me

youtube.com/watch?v=Fz2nZJKk53g

But where did you get that gif motherfucker

It is hitscan
It's a delayed hitscan that will land the hook on the target even if they round a corner as long as you "scanned" them at the right frame. Which is when roadhog has the digits on his left hand fully extended

OH MAN I FUCKING LOVE RANKED
I LOVE ONE TEAM BEING CLEARLY BETTER THAN THE OTHER
OH BOY
OH GOD
OH GEE
OH SHIT I JUST DROPPED 4 RANKS MAKING MY GOAL UNATTAINABLE
YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH

i think i'm ready to quit for a while, games are just completely repetitive now and the new content update is disappointing.

The girls are Ava Hardy and Samantha Ryan

>Icicle damage buff
Why? It's fine

>should i avoid popping the shields and instead bait them into chase/wait them out?

It depends on the situation. If your team can focus her down, she won't be able to do much even if she gets maximum charge. If you're alone or with only a few people, I recommend baiting instead.

Zarya can sometimes be hard to play because she relies on the stupidity of her enemies. If enemies don't shoot her shields, she can't get charge.

Also, fun fact: Genji Reflect and and D.Va Defense Matrix can't block Zarya's laser. It's always fun to start laser pointing them and see them try to Defense Matrix or Reflect while backing up.

>Can shutdown roadhogs ult easily as well as many others
>Hardest player for roadhog to kill
>If she loses her mech she can easily get it back sniping roadhog
>Complains about his hook
m8

>Not flying the mech and ulting it like hiroshima
>why?

It's not Hitscan, it just has a huge hitbox.

>>Hardest player for roadhog to kill
nigga just hook her giant fucking hitbox and then click her fucking face before she can use apm

Literally why? fuck you blizz thats not how you make zarya viable for fucks sake

Are you misunderstanding what we do?

>hear Nerf This
>locate mech due to big glowing ball and growing sound before detonation
>time the bubble for just before it blows
>recieve MAXIMUM CHARGE for 0 damage

It doesn't matter if you air drop it, as long as Zarya sees it coming and has one or both of her shields up she can save people.

Her armor blocks a giant chunk of it and she can always defense matrix away to block any followup shots. She's the only hero roadhog can't oneshot with his max damage combo.

>>Literally why? fuck you blizz thats not how you make zarya viable for fucks sake

Genji's Reflect relies on reflecting projectiles with his sword. D.Va's Matrix relies on shooting down incoming projectiles (it's why she says "time to raise my APM", if you look at her hands while Matrix is up you'll see she's literally going full SC2 Korean Pro to shoot down all the incoming projectiles). You can't reflect a laser with a sword, and you can't shoot a laser with bullets.

And the rest of your team dies while your shield is on cd and your surrounded. Asuming it wasnt on cd already. Ok. M8.

You literally can. Think about it. Also logic went thru the window a long time ago.

Sure, if you time it right. Chokes are definitely tight confines for ults like that, or dropping them behind the team so they can't see it coming and have to go through the wall of fire up front to get away. But if I can save myself and the support healer, that's usually enough to hold the line until the rest of the team gets back.

>Not shooting those people because you're shielded with maximum charge
>Implying dying is better than staying alive and/or protecting somebody

SOMEBODY has to be a sniper in this game.

>be Reaper
>El Dorado attack
>We team killed them at the first point, so Genji and I went ahead to kill as many as we can
>Genji jumps straight at Ana which immediately puts him to sleep
>Roadhog at the distance with obvious raping intents
>"AW HELL NO NIGGA"
>Jump right infront of both Swine and Ana
>Ult them the fuck away
>Ana types in chat "did you really just do that?"
>I reply "Aw hell yeah, no one but me is getting this Genji killed"
>I didnt even know the guy, but the salt from those 2 was amazing
>After the match I get a friend request from the Genji in question

We flankers gotta stick together, huh?

Because at the end of the day, WE HELD. THE. LINE.

PTR SEASON 2 WHEN??????????????

>roadhog absolutely has to be able to 1shot everybody (especially tanks) with his combo

Fuck off. You pulled her ass into your team and did a huge amount of damage she can't block all the damage from every angle. If she tries to fly away she's easy pickings for your team. You don't deserve to get a kill on absolutely everything without just because you land an incredibly easy to use ability.

Exactly.

If you're not a team player, then Zarya is not for you.

I love shitty Roadhogs like you.

Pulling a D.va is ALWAYS a gamble, either you cant 1 shot her and she blows you the fuck away at blank range.

OR

She has her ult up and kills you along your entire team.

Keep making my job easier, I love people who fuck it up like you.

Nobody that isn't in the attack category should be able to kill a tank from full in a 1v1 situation. Even people in the attack category should have a hard time there so long as the player isn't braindead.

That's McCree though. Icicle has too much startup to be used reliably.

>implying you can solo 5 people
>implying you can do anything but run like a little bitch at that point
>implying you wount join your fallen comrades in limbo after 1 second
>implying
We done?

What if Icicle could be charged and held, only firing after letting go M2?