Has the quality of cars increased in the last 10-15 years? Do they last for more miles?

Has the quality of cars increased in the last 10-15 years? Do they last for more miles?

Depends on the manufactor.
I'd say Chevy and Ford have improved a lot (due to the use of Toyota lean principles)
Kia has improved

Dodge has gotten worse
Toyota has remained about the same.
Audi has slightly improved
Mercedes Benz has gotten worse
BMW still bad
Honda has gotten a little worse
Madza hasn't changed much
Nissian has gotten worse

Have smart phones got better? Have tvs got better? Have u got better?

Of course cars have got better u idiot.

GM and Ford are leagues better than they were, though the late 90's early 2000's is virtually impossible to be worse than for them. Basically the only good vehicles were from Ford and they were their trucks and large suv (basically just a truck still)

wow for like the first time ever i 100% spot on agree with this

Cars now regularly last to 100k mi without a major failure, that's pretty damn impressive

>Dodge has gotten worse
>worse than 90's Dodge

My mom bought my dad an 09 f150. That truck has 190000 miles in it and more or less it rides like new. That's an abusive amount of mileage for a 7 year old vehicle and it has no mechanical issues except for a tpms fault. A 90s shitbox would require a tranny rebuild and perhaps a new PS pump or AC compressor or alternator or some other miscellaneous pricey repair with that much mileage in that short of a span.

I mean, their interiors are nicer now, but mechanically, yea they got that fiat engineering in them

>seriously implying that's worse than the great classics like
>Intrepid
>300M
>Stratus
>Sebring
>Neon/Breeze
>Grand Caravan

>Anything worse than the frankenstein fuckery of early 00's Daimler Chrysler
>Gosh let's put the water pump completely submerged in oil and use a cheap paper gasket to separate it (Dodge front drive V6's)
>Hows about we fucking make it so you have to take the bumper cover off the change the battery? (Cab forward faggery)
>Let's screw the crank case breather hose directly into the head, and then make the fittings out of plastic and put them 2 inches from the headers (Dodge 4.7 V8)
>Let's fucking make a pin thats prone to fail and when it does it'll lock the diff and snap the drive shaft at speed in our trucks? (Dakota/Durango)
>How about cars that switch between metric, standard, torx, hex, and star bolts more than a dyslexic idiot on junkyard wars? Usually on the same bolt/nut combo for good measure.
>Let's rivet ball joints to the a-arm so people have to buy an entire a-arm to replace the ball joint if they want OEM ball joints! (Durango/Dakota)

No. Nothing can possibly worse than the methhead abortion of kraut fuckery that is Daimler Chrysler engineering. Even the shit malaise Chevys were at least put together so that you could fix them.

They really aren't better when you consider the advances in manufacturing tech.

They are better in every way.

Get over yourself and your dumbass opinion, and take the L like a man.

Generally, yes.

While a lot of older cars are more easily servicable by yourself due to minimal electronics, advances in quality control and manufacturing technology make newer cars more reliable than older ones. Even the most unreliable modern cars from the likes of Fiat are nowhere as bad as cars were 20+ years ago. God forbid you lived in Europe during the 70's or 80's, good fucking luck finding a domestic manufacturer that wasn't complete shite.

Breaking down on the side of the road was almost expected during long trips, which is why being able to service your own car was needed for older European and British cars. Nowadays, even the shittiest of Fiats might break down once at 70k-100k miles, whereas a similar car 30 years ago would break down every few thousand miles.

No, because the only reason they're better is better manufacturing tech

>great
>neon
Pick one

dodge and BMW need to hold hands while eating a meal of shit together in a fucking trash can

why do idiots keep buying these vehicles?

The shittiness of the neon has to be way exaggerated based on how many of those things I see driving around all the time

>honda has gotten worse

Those early 2000's Hondas are fucking unkillable.

Honda has dropped their quality a bit.
But they are still wayyy above average

2bh they kind of dropped off in quality in the early 2000s

>they're better
Thanks for finally admitting that

It doesn't matter why. They're better. Like I said.

>Honda manufacturing quality has seen a slight drop
>Cheaper interior plastics compared to 90's
>Less durable paint as enviro friendly stuff became mandated

Other areas have improved
>Coil on plug >>>> old Honda distributors
>New CV design and equal length half shafts > older unequal length design
>Better seal designs around doors, sunroofs, moving towards full frame doors instead of floating glass of older cars

But the real trade off is that while NVH and longevity has improved by marked leaps and bounds, it is inversely proportional to my desire to own one compared to a CRX Si, Prelude Si VTEC, DA9 Integra GS-R, or the later Type R, or even a Del Sol Si VTEC. There is something quintessentially missing from the new line up that these cars had in spades.

Challenger and charger are sexy af

literally niggers and faggots

charger is the new nigger class buick, and challanger is the new monkey pontiac

and BMWs are gayer than shit

Don't cut yourself on that edge summer

>a man's masculinity is this fragile
How shocking!