I drive at the legal speed limit

>I drive at the legal speed limit
>Why speed? You're going to get there in the same amount of time anyway.

thats actually true unless you are driving balls out 30 over the limit the entire way.

eventually, you will run into pic related, and everyone you left behind WILL catch up to you.

>I drive my car in the city

It makes more sense to speed on the highway, rather than a residential area. Doing 60 will take twice as long as 120, I'm not saying that 120mph is reasonable I'm just saying it makes sense

Because I can that's why.

>implying I stop at red lights

If everyone on the freeway is going 120 in Cali, you better damn well be going 120.

>thos whole thread

sure is summer in here

>i post anime on a auto forum
>i tripcode on a auto forum
>i take my job very seriously
>i do it for free

this
I went 90ish on a highway that was 75 and passed multiple officers, no discolights

i go exactly 50 on the parkway(limit is 50) my civic is at 2k rpm at that speed so i get them mpgs, no point to speed in nyc there are cops everywhere and i often see people who pass me all angry going 80 get pulled over by highway patrol.

>parkway

but this is an anime imageboard, i don't may job seriusly nor I do it for free

>You're going to get there in the same amount of time anyway.

Are you retarded?

yes parkway

>parkway

move with the traffic rather than passing it or slowing it down
95% of divers are 15 over the posted limit or are always trying to be

>complaining about anime on Veeky Forums
Oh sweet summer child

>no cop no stop

>tfw my shitbox can't hit 120 unless its a very steep hill, like retarded steep

its such a bad feel

>Being this new

what the fuck else do you think im gonna do if im speeding dipshit?

and you dont have to stop if the intersection is dead

>le ebin fedora b8 maymay
Is this 2014?

You realize if you were going faster, you wouldn't hit the light.

Here in Las Vegas you have to go 10 over to hit every green light.

Ask any driver here. They all do 15 over anyway.

/a/ is an anime imageboard, Veeky Forums is auto imageboard
Stop being a faggot

I have a better strategy.

I accelerate quickly (bonus: shfits are smoother at high RPMs), but stop at the exact speed limit. Instead Instead of slowing below the limit for curves, I maintain a constant speed. If it means changing lanes when possible, I do. I don't slow down to look at people being pulled over or towed. Ever.

I leave people behind at red lights all the fucking time. Feels good to have confidence in my vehicle and driving ability and the basic ability to remain aware and fucking focus. The sad thing is, if the other amerifats were semi-competent drivers in decent cars instead of self-taught autotragic brake riders in cars and trucks unsuitable for city roads, I wouldn't be leaving anyone behind at lights. Everyone would be going fast with me.

>tfw no efficient traffic flow

don't steal my images faggot

Veeky Forums is an anime imageboard

if you dont like it go back to red-dit

>tfw driving in BC

I love the Kootenays

you're that guy who's fifth in line at the light that lets off the brakes as soon as it turns green cause you expect everyone else to have a modicum of sense to do the same, only to have to hit them again because you overestimated the intelligence of humanity yet again.

I like you.

People who speed don't bother me at all. People who tailgate (especially when there's room for them to go around) must die.

>drive a 2005 Jeep
>want something smaller, sportier, and faster

>tfw no money

>there's only ever 1 traffic light on my route

For daily driving, speeding makes hardly any difference. If you get lucky, you'll reach your destination MAYBE five minutes sooner.
If that's worth it to you, it's time to reevaluate your life.

Are you secretly alphonse?

Speeding is a must if you're going to hit a string of lights. Making it through one yellow can easily save you 5 minutes in a few kilometers stretch.

When I drive and I'm late for work or some shit, I definitely speed, but it's more important to pass people and weave in and out of traffic and make those lights.

>tfw driving tiny turbodiesel and can't slow down, ever
Feels like Dagumi, never letting yourself slow down, I literally have to build boost in the corners while I'm turning.

>Why speed? You're going to get there in the same amount of time anyway.
Found the guy who can't into distance/speed/time calculations.

Cruising at 80MPH instead of 70 will get you there faster, over a long drive.

My morning commute allows me to turn 7 miles into 15-20 minutes, instead of the 40 it takes to come back in traffic, or the hour plus it takes with shitty traffic. Just because I can put the hammer down and hit a 50MPH average.

>eventually, you will run into pic related
Not if you plan your route carefully, or know the timings.

Again, TIMINGS. Hitting that light a few seconds earlier will mean it's green rather than red. A minute will mean it's on a previous cycle, which syncs up with the light down the road a ways.
Evidently, you're the kind of fuckwit I have to overtake on my way to work because you're going too slowly.
Or on the way home because I GET THERE AT THUH SAME TIME and yet there's a queue a mile long behind you as you putter along at 20 in a fucking 60 limit.

>Drive an autotragic
>Going speed limit
>Gearbox keeps switching between two gears

Going slightly over speed limit keeps it at nice stable rpm's while in higher gear.

>blast through the yellow
>red just as you clear

Repeat for the next few sets.

>slowcars btfo

why can't you slow down? are you channeling sonichu?

I have only a basic knowledge of engines. perhaps it's because you can't accelerate very fast?

>not channeling Sonichu
>not harnessing the most concentrated form of autism in the universe and burning it as fuel for your journey

oh, okay then.

I can't accelerate fast in a short gear (1 + 2) because of diesel reasons. Once I hit 3rd and spool dat dere turbo, I'm fine. I try to keep boost always readily available because diesels rev slower than gas engines--in fact, the way they work, if you floor it in first (for example) in a diesel, the engine will bog down and go slower than if you had gradually pressed the pedal. It's weird as shit to drive, and I've gotten used to it over the past 2 months or so.