pastebin.com/NyEWip2r (embed) (embed)

Button click hold remover:
nomansskymods.com/mods/fast-actions/

Instagram Filter Remover (YMMV):
nomansskymods.com/mods/instagram-filter-remover

Annoying audio message remover:
nomansskymods.com/mods/shutup-disable-certain-annoying-audio-warnings/

How to get the Atlas pass:
eurogamer.net/articles/2016-08-12-no-mans-sky-atlas-pass-how-to-get-atlas-pass-v1-v2-v3

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/A8P2CZg3sJQ
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

No Man's a Woman

shitty game

best mods to make my game look pretty?

im running everything on high but it still looks like shit

First for Vy'keen master race.

In videogamereviewland anything below a 6/10 is shit

So worth buying when the price drops and a few patches hit?

Sure.
If they fix the broken shit and add new not broken shit I'd say a 50% off sale is good.

>mods

I sold my first Atlas stone.

Am I gonna have to buy a new one from the terminal?

I'd definitely wait for it to be at least 20% off unless patches give us a lot more content. If they don't give us any new content I'd say 66% or lower.

No, the only the reason to play this game is if you're interested in how empty is it compared to what was promised. It will never be a good game, it's merely a talking point.

filter remover and chroma

Worth a buy if a patch adds the other half of the game, otherwise it's just a flying walking simulator with pretty things, there's content but what is there is so shallow you either make your own fun or play it as a background game to chill out.

This is true but not because 7 is average. It's true because we should hold products to a higher standard. A simply average (5) game should not be considered good.

Sometimes this game is beautiful. Purple skies, ocean planet with few islands, a space port on one of them.

Beautiful.

Complimentary DS9 episode from the other monitor :^)

WHERE'S THE TORRENT FOR PATCH

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

If it had come out as is for $20 as some random indie game I can guarantee /v/ would be having "comfy threads" about it right now. It's disappointing there isn't more complexity to the systems yes, but if you're part of the space exploran niche it's pretty entertaining.

simply ebin...

Well no, a 5/10 should be considered average.

What they shouldn't be is considered "bad" like anything that doesn't score 7/10 average on all sites is now.

I like this planet I found.

So is there a centre of the galaxy and a centre of the universe, or are they the same thing?

What do they mean by too often? I'd say it's half done, there's no sometimes it's well done. What's there is half assed 100% not just sometimes.

Wew I dodged a bullet.

center of the galaxy =/= universal center. There is no universal center, just multiple galaxies with centers that string you into NG++++++ Also no one fucking knows if the game actually gets weirder the more you NG+.

Probably the occasional good planet is drowned out by thousands of shitty planets

My wish list:
Multiplayer
Gas giants and ringed planets
Planets with different biomes
Galactic war with space battles you can find and join
A better space map
Civilizations
Planetary mining from the ship
Being able to get closer to the ground when in the ship

I want to put my dick between its face tendrils.

So this patch isn't fixing photon cannon recharging or the missing blueprints that nobody can get because it says you already have them. Shit.

They just mean galaxy.

A lot of folks seem to have trouble with the difference between "planetary system", "galaxy" and "universe"

Seems to me that where the game falls short is probably console limitation. I hate to be THAT guy Okay, I really don't because fuck consoles but all of the hype surrounding the game would have only been possible with a PC-exclusive release. Consoles can't handle half the shit people wanted which is why we have what we have. IF and this is extremely unlikely we get an actual PC version then maybe we'll see the shortcomings ablated, but I don't see it because console plebs will bitch and piss and moan.

>Well no, a 5/10 should be considered average.
The worse a game is the less likely it is to be reviewed at all. Generally people don't take the time out of their day to review games that are 5/10 or less. You're not seeing games averaged at 7/10, you're seeing games that are worth the time to review at all. In the grand scheme of things, games that are represented here make up a small percentage of the total games that exist.

Yeah but even with shitty planets, there's no difference between what gameplay content you find on a good one. If planets actually had clusters of structures, lacking structures entirely, etc. they'd actually mean something instead of "barren or full"

How to find cool ship like yours, anons?
All I find is these cardboard ships and trader with 10 slots (!)

magnificent procedurally generated creature

I don't think the port is the primary reason for it being so short coming. I think it's because of the time frame of the dev, 1 year of work wasted in flood, 2 years to rebuild, delay because not ready, can't delay again due to marketing contract. Hopefully 6 patches in we'll see whether they're going to meet the promises of the game or not.

I'm ignorant to a lot of things but I just do not understand how your average human doesn't have the most basic understanding of the physical reality we live in. I hear NPR science journalists and other intellectuals fucking this up constantly.

>multiplayer
All multiplayer does in games like this is hold back features, cause stuff to be simplified because otherwise client-server communications would be too complex, and in general ruin everything.
>gas giants
There's not much that can be done with gas giants.

Pretty much agree with all the rest.
I blame Super Mario Galaxy.

People only care to know what really interests them. Like the pluto debacle.

The issue with your line of thinking is that it isn't even a port. The game was originally designed for PC and then after Sony tipped their hand the devs pretty obviously focused solely on consoles which meant a lot of content was brushed aside in order to make sure the game worked.

I'm asking because I obviously won't be able to use items for Gek Warriors and whatnot. However, there are ones whose description is non-specific like "valuable computer part". Guess I'll just sell everything that's not directly needed at the moment. Thanks for the input!

>nms receives over 50 awards
So are awards the new marker for a game being shit? Rome 2 was the same way, I think elite dangerous was as well

What a disappointment.

I saw a video where they came up with ideas as to what was at the centre and one of them was really cool.

It's earth but years after life has been destroyed but there's still signs of our existence with monuments etc still being able to be identified

It wants to mate with you

It's a port to PS4, so yes it is a port. The game was always going to be PS4 that was the fucking marketing deal. Made on PC =/= designed for PC. Every game is made on PC.. Development kits are for compiling your PC game to port.

If you got caught up in fantasies about the end that's your own fault. Not really anything to be disappointed about for me besides the half done content. Honestly if the game does get weirder the more galaxies you travel then I'd be happy with that. Cause in the 10k lightyears I've warped over 50 systems of only a minor variation, not some drastic change in life/terrain.

How is the modding scene for this game? Any chance modding could salvage this?

Any patches this week?

Can only edit visual files or trainers. I'll let you know when someone who can write C++ makes a real editor. ETA at least 8 months.

>trade ships
>forget that my old ship had four warps of fuel in its hyperdrive

JUST

Anyone mind filling me in on the endings?

So I got the Atlas ending and it seems to be NG+ in a sense. What if you don't do Atlas? Is the only other ending what you get reaching the center? Is it also NG+?

feels like I'm done with the game...I've fully learned all three languages, upgraded all my shit - suit, ship and multi-tool. Built all the blueprints and placed them together for the bonus. I've been to all four different systems and I just got done doing the 10 atlas stone thing.

I dont mind waiting, I just hope it gets done.

now "settle down on a planet" with Space Engineers

They'd be just for show

R8 my new space RV I found crashed on some moon.

>trade ships
>can no longer travel to the blue star right next to my current system

Oh I see how it is now.

>42 hours
INFINITE UNIVERSE

>42
Epic

I actually think That Gas-Giants Could be done, would provide both eye candy, could have cloud city like structures and space whales/jellyfish that could be killed for resources

Oh shit

Can confirm: V3 works on V2 doors.

I have yet to get either the 1 or 2.

Grats buddy you made it.

At the very least they could have explorable moons

>Exo-Suit has move inventory slots then spaceship

Where did I go so wrong?

What the fuck, you can get them randomly?
I've been ignoring all but transmission terminals for the last 8 hours or so because I already got most techs.

Im enjoying this game, I have like..;.39 hours, yet at the same time I am dissapointed because I can see how it could just be so much better.

Hopefully it was just rushed and updates will make it the game it should have been, but thats probably a pipedream at this point.

I tend to imagine things with too much scientific strictness. I like your way of thinking.

Apparently.
It was in an operations center.

>find lush comfy planet with trees and rivers and blue skies and no harmful animals or sentinels, literally comfy/10
>leave
>nothing but shit wastelands and copypasted tundras ever since

I want to go back to Dixout Harambe IV

Guys?

Does the Atlas path or whatever ever lead you through another galaxy that isn't Euclid?

You need luck. Not that you should obsess over it anyway. In this game you change ship as often as Hello Games changes ideas on what to implement.

All paths lead to NG+ new galaxy (I believe haven't finished but ignored atlas path since begining), not sure if everyone gets filtered to the same new one or not.

So what do you do in this game apart from mine copypasted outcrops to improve your ship and repeating?

looks like a lot of people have already found it, what with all the resources and man made constructions.

What the hell is this place? Don't remember seeing something like that.

Take screenshots.

trade ports.

Solve simple math puzzles, stare at creatures, and get killed by pirates every once in a while.

Yeah, No Man's Sky isnt exactly going for "Realism"

Perhaps you could also attach ramscoops or whatever to yourships to slowly collect useful materials from the clouds.

Perhaps Pirates might make bases somewhere in the gas giant, plenty of resources to loot if you are ready to get into a fight.

It's a trading outpost. They're more easily found by scanning from outer space.

That thing probably gives the best blowjobs in the universe.

6/6 not bad

Lol too bad you already posted this in the dying general

Look at stuff.

Hopefully when people get out of the trough they'll start treating it as $20 indie comfy little timewaster it really is.

youtu.be/A8P2CZg3sJQ

jfc that was brutal.

>upgrading your ship if you're still intending to drop it

>Get Oxygen Protection tech and find a planet with massive oceans in same session

Finally, now I just need to find Arrakis with some giant sand worms and I'll have seen everything I wanted.

I swear I've seen this thing is a doujin

So I keep hearing about some kind of plans for a "Freighter and bases" Update, is this just a meme? or is it something that is supposedly actually planned by Hello Games.

Oh shit, they even made him go to American shows and shit? Man, fuck Sony and their bullshit marketing mechanic. If they had invensted half of what they wasted on that bullshit on actual development we'd have an incredibly better product.

Nope fuck that shit, I cannot handle deep water in video games. I tried jet boosting high over a trench and diving right in to test myself but ended up immediately swimming to the surface without looking anywhere but straight up. I can't do it.

don't be a pussy

What kind of terrain is this

Yeah, that's what they said at the end of the day 1 patch notes

new patch files where

>120 million
>35 slot ship
>no 45+s spawn, have to buy a 40ish to even get them to spawn

Worst
Fucking
System

In day one patch notes there was a line about those things coming soon.