>BLOODBORNE
pastebin.com/WdLBWD8n

>DARK SOULS 3
docs.google.com/document/d/1u8Mak1goSv4g73g16XsWV4sJelDQUatWkP2kcO6GVAA/pub

Other urls found in this thread:

segmentnext.com/2016/08/17/dark-souls-3-dlc-concept-art/
youtube.com/watch?v=ADNPiqWMvaQ
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

You can't spell Shanalotte without anal.

>Dark Souls III

3rd for unironically loving fighting ivory king's army

>the game notorious for having too many non-gimmick fights did gimmick fights better than all the others
Poetry.

I sincerely hope the DaS3 dlc is more like 2's and less like Bloodborne's

Dark souls 3 is a great game and I can't wait to see further patches and dlc.

>I sincerely hope that DS3's DLC is less like the best DLC in the series

more like shit souls 3

What's a good DS1 str+pyro build? Want at least 6 attunement slots as few spells == no fun for me.

Shanalotte has the cutest design of all the levelup waifus.
If she had the Doll's japanese voice over, she'd be the perfect fromsoft creation

Cute!

>the game notorious for having too many non-gimmick fights did gimmick fights better than all the others
DeS is notorious for not having gimmicks?
I think you're confused friend...

I really hope that DS3 DLC is like old hunters and not like DS2 DLCs.

Good gimmick fights are DeS's specialty, not 2's

The fight with the Loyce knights was so fucking cool.
>you finally get to bring friends

The best thing about the gimmick fights in DaS 2 (like Ivory King and Fume Knight) is that even if you get the gimmick, they're still fun and challenging
When you understand the gimmicks of DaS 1 and 3, the fights become literal cutscenes

>Shanalotte has the cutest design of all the levelup waifus.
No.

>people unironically like this manfaced whore with a potato-shaped head
No.

Patch or DLC info when?

Firekeeperfu is very close, but still a little bit below Shanalotte.

Abyss Watchers was a good "gimmick fight", as was 4Kings and Cursewood.
Wolnir/Yhorm not so much unless you're intentionally foregoing the Stormruler with Yhorm.

Haven't played bloodborne or the dlc, but do any of the bosses come close to the difficulty of the old hunters? Cause I heard it was extremely hard.

The gimmick of Abysswatchers was that you can just keep hitting R1 until they die.
They're deacons-tier.

Abyss Watchers were nice, but way too easy
Cursewood was okay, but nothing special
lmao4king was terrible

segmentnext.com/2016/08/17/dark-souls-3-dlc-concept-art/

*do any of the bosses from ds3

I'd like to tickle Emerald Herald's feet with that feather.

Thanks!

user please no, I'm trying to reduce how much I fap

What would the fair lady make of that?

There's no boss in vanilla DS3 on the same level of difficulty as Orphan, Laurence or first stage Ludwig. Orphan is a crazy motherfucker with lots of baits and unpredictable attacks who jumps around the entire battlefield like an absolute madman.

My devotion to the Fair Lady is pure and entirely non-sexual.

Did people not love that? Its so fucking cool fighting along the stalwart Loyce knights and standing against the King. Dude looked like Sauron coming straight out of hell. The conflicting elements of the knights' spells are also super cool. After fighting Raime though, the king himself felt a little weak.

>ywn get another epic cutscene like ludwig's (MLGS cutscene)

For me Ludwig is the best boss ever made, and the phase 2 music is GOAT

Casuals highly overrated the difficulty because they had guideread through the main game mashing R1 with Ludwig's sword while farmiogn themselves to the point of overleveling all the game's content, so when they reached the DLC in NG+ (NG+ because BB forced you into it as soon as you killed the final boss, just like DaS1) and were no longer overleveled to be carried through by raw stats.

BB's dlc content is comparable in difficulty to any other DLC. I'd put Fume Knight above most of BB's DLC bosses in terms of difficulty, but I obviously enjoyed the BB fights much more. The "Hardest" fight in BB's dlc is a reskin of the tutorial boss, and all the things that make him hard are raw bullshit. Two of the other DLC bosses are respectably challenging but fair, while the remaining two are piss easy. Maria is literally just Abysswatchers without the gank gimmick, and just as easy to stunlock/parryspam to death, and The Living Failures are just as their name suggests.

I'd put Orphan on the same level as Nameless King, and I think NK, Champion Gundyr, 2prince and Dragonslayer's Armour are all up to the standards of design and difficulty of BB's dlc.

Really depends on what you're playing. BB is very based on your weapon's DPS and that is in turn very dependant on your gems. I could clearly see the different on a character I bothered to farm them once and one which only used the ones given by the game.
Closest thing I can think to trivialise the game as much as them in 3 are the bloodring and carthus rouges, but it doesn't come so close.

Therein lies your fault. The poor girl must have not had a good fuck in millennia

Some people on /dsg/ claim to hate it. They might just be a contrarian minority, but they're a very vocal minority.

>implying user can provide a good fuck
She's probably not had a good disappointment in millennia, either.

Anyone wanna help with Manus?
PS3
SL80
Chasm of the Abyss bonfire

You mean Oolacile Dungeon

>spider vagina
Not in a million years.

My biggest gripe with the fight is how simple and easy the Ivory King himself is. Once you complete the knight phase, the boss fight is almost a snore.

That's not the issue most people seem to have though. The most common complaint seems to be that people think fighting the boss after the knight phase is unfair and that repeating the entire knight phase every single time you die to the Ivory King is grueling and repetitive, sort of like how people complain about Nameless King's 1st phase when they are stuck dying instantly at the start of phase 2 for hours.

The fight would've been better if the king instantly spawned but your knights kept fighting his and not closing portals, because it really stops feeling like a large scale fight, unless you only use 1 knight + call some friends

I would have just rather the knight have m,ore substance to his moveset. He was too slow and forgiving, which I suppose is just a pittance for being the second phase following a very long 1st phase.

4-man co-oping the Ivory King when the host had only 1 Loyce knight and several NG cycles under his belt was the absolute best experience in DaS2's pvp. The only fight that even comes close to being as fun to co-op was Ludwig when TOH was hot and fresh.

I could see that. Fighting the Ivory King was good, but I only fought him once. It was a good duel, but I think the knight phase was actually my favorite. If the Ivory King had stepped in sooner to stop you it would make things more interesting.
There should be a horde mode for the games. Assemble your group and just fight until you drop in a big arena. Co-oping to stand against some bigger force coming to crush you is always a good time.

>that video where the player lures the King over to the portal right as a loyce knight freezes it over and autokills the King

>that feel when you lie to Laurentius to keep him safe from harm
>the disappointment in his voice
The VAs for these games are top notch considering to the budget.

>reach the deepest layer of Abyss in DS3 DLC
>there's a single small crying undead in a middle of it who attacks you
>you can kill him but he comes back to life getting stronger
>sad music starts playing while he helplessly tries to attack you getting killed again and again
>at some point cutscene starts and theme radically changes as his flesh cracks and comes off, revealing a huge human-shaped Humanity sprite
>he walks towards you while entire Abyss trembles around him
>life bar appears
>it's the Dark Soul itself

youtube.com/watch?v=ADNPiqWMvaQ

It's rather disappointing when you first do it with all knights, they seal everything, and after a few minutes it's just you versus the ivory king with nothing too interesting that he does by himself (he had what interesting move? that AoE freeze thing?)

>Tfw thought immediatly of dingodile when he used that move.

>horde mode
I think that Souls' series combat works best when the enemies and the combat environment compliment each other so that each encounter feels hand-crafted instead of just a big ball of mobs being thrown at you at once. The Loyce knight encounter is pretty much just that, a big fuckball of the same enemy thrown at you, but it works ok for that one section because you have help.

What a way to open the DLC.

Why is deprived not the best starting class if u start at SL1?

the best thing is how they managed to keep the second phase in secret, going as far as giving a playable demo with his first phase to kinda shift attention away from him

>finding out how to speedrun Dingodile
>his shooting upwards move has an actual hitbox even though you're never supposed to be hit by it

Okay, I remember when DaS2 first came out that Miracles were completely broken.
Then they nerfed it to shit.
In Scholar of the First Sin on Xbone, is it buffed again? Or is it still nerfed to shit?

/dsg/ please. Manus is raping me here

still worst miracles in series

What's the best infusion for the rotten Ghru dagger?

Probably sharp or hollow.

Probably Hollow

>str+pyro
Str and Pyro are shit together.

You need 40-45 Dex for casting speed. Dex/Pyro is the only decent combination unless you want to go Quality/Pyro, which will take a lot of points to make it work.

I wish I had a PS3 so I could help
(Actually I'd just go play Demon's Souls but still)

Is this the correct Seigward questline?

1. kill the demon with Seiward in the undead settlement

DO NOT KILL ABYSS WATCHERS

2. meet/be fooled by Patches in the Cathedral of the Deep

3. buy tower key and let yourself be locked in by Patches

4. escape and forgive Patches, who will now be at Firelink Shrine

5. Speak to Seigward in the well of the Cathedral of the Deep

6. go back to Firelink, and buy the Catarina armor from him. Give this armor back to Seigward

DO NOT KILL YHORM OR PONTIFF SULYVAHN

7. have dinner with Seigward in Irithyll

8. free Seigward from Irithyll Dungeon

9. make sure he doesn't die while fighting Yhorm

did I miss anything? is this the correct sequence?

I'm still wondering what str pyro weapons the guy mentioned in the other thread

>str + pyro in DaS1

28/40 quality pyro, or dex pyro is the only thing that matters senpai

You don't have to do all that Patches stuff, you can just kill Patches in the Cathedral when he's posing as another onion knight.

What's important is that you don't rest at the Distant Manor bonfire or go to the Irithyll dungeon before you meet him for soup.

You get his slab when you free him in Irythill Dungeon. He can die to Yhorm. I think you only lose a Siegbrau.

oh, I didn't know that. Still, is the patches sequence correct?

>sharp

When is sharp ever the best infusion for anything?

Exile Curved Greatsword is better sharp at 40/40 than quality.

I don't know why either.

Is sl80 good for Artorias dlc in Ds1? Cause I don't wanna have to deal with Lost Izalith's bullshit yet.

did Patches actually fool anyone ITT during their first playthrough of DaS3?

Thoughts on this str invasion build?
Showing off the arsenal at my disposal, I can also swap untrue with hunter's ring to use other weapons like lothric knight greatsword.
I know hp is pretty low but I'll have to rely on timing my rolls right and chugging estus to survive.
I need that stamina yo, weapons are heavy.

I don't think it matters if you kill the bosses. I remember doing the questline late in the game while skipping half all the patches stuff. You just don't get the cool cutscene and fight with Yhorm.

On another note, what is the best way to farm heavy gems? You only get 3 of them guaranteed through the game.
I've tried to farm snails and the big swamp monsters but I am not getting shit despite having crystal rapier + symbol + rusted coins.

but i WANT the cool cutscene with Yhorm

He's an idiot, ignore him.

Str only mixes well with Faith in DaS1, and that's because WoG isn't affected by the cast speed stat at all.

He fooled me in the Cathedral of the Deep.

I cannot believe I did it again. Spending almost an hour in the CC to make a waifu only to get an absolute monster
NOT. POSSIBLE. AT. ALL.
Even the ones from guys that show off their popular characters on YT look like ass.

Random balance ideas: buffs edition
>Carthus Flame Arc:
Give it the resin bundle animation but don't change its duration. Make it effectively a buff that can maintain 100% uptime so long as you have FP. Since it's basically only as strong as a resin, the tradeoff would be uptime (and having access to an FP dump for non-caster builds that don't use WAs) in exchange for an attunement slot and a small investment in caster stats that otherwise serve no real purpose. This will also allow players to access all the neat tricks you can pull with the bundle animation just by having the spell available.

>Carthus Beacon
Change the casting animation to be much faster and not interrupt movement, sort of like a green blossom. Adjust the duration so that the spell cannot expire so long as the player has at least some of the aggression bonus remaining. These are just pve changes to make the spell more worthwhile, because the current long cast animation and short duration make it kind of worthless to pre-buff with.

>Dark Blade
Reduce the duration to 10 seconds and give it the bundle cast animation. As the first buff faith builds access, this should be meaningfully distinct from the buffs int builds access, and making it a castable resin for dark damage will do just that. It also means that lategame faith-based buff builds will have an FP dump to maintain uptime on their buff, at the cost of less damage than lightning blade or DMB would provide.

>Darkmoon Blade
While summoned as a blue phantom, DMB's duration does not expire.

>Magic Weapon
Duration doubled, FP cost halved. Like Flame Arc, the benefit of this buff would be its relative uptime, allowing earlygame caster builds and players with a small int investment access essentially a constant pale resin while progressing through pve.

>Great Magic Weapon
Like Dark Blade, this would gain the bundle animation and duration. Rather than be simply a direct upgrade to magic weapon, it would offer a different niche.

I thought the onion knight suspiciously sounded a little like Patches putting on an accent, but I thought "Naahh"

He did fool me. Although his trap was disappointingly impotent because even if both giants had been alive, neither would've been any danger to you, making his comment about the giant kind of dumb.

Also, I didn't find Siegmeyer anymore in the playthrough so I thought that Patches was Siegmeyer all along.

>throws duel charm
pssh nothin personell kid

I didn't meet him in the Cathedral since I'd already gotten trapped by him up the tower.

Of course, I never finished Sigs questline because I didn't ever go back to that well either.

>Of course, I never finished Sigs questline because I didn't ever go back to that well either.
I don't blame you for this, considering that there is LITERALLY ZERO (0) reason to return to that well, unless you're habitually checking every area in the game because you can't find Seigward anywhere

>Siegmeyer

I missed his cathedral encounter entirely because I took the elevator and explored the rafters as soon as I unlocked the 2nd shortcut

The dialogue should be triggered the first time you walk past it.

You don't farm gems, you get NG+ for them or have a friend help you out.

Where do you want to go and who do YOU want to see in the DLC?
Are there any returning armors or weapons you want?
Personally, I want the return of the bone fist

I bought dark souls 2 a long time ago but my computer was to crap to play it. Now i have a computer that can. I know its not as good as 1 but it'll still be fun if i enjoyed 1 right?

I enjoyed it when I played through it.
It was only when Dark Souls III came out that I realized how fucking flawed 2 was.
The DLC is still good though