/tesog/ - The Elder Scrolls Online General

Elder Thread: >Official news

Shadow of the Hist DLC is out! (on consoles now too!)
elderscrollsonline.com/en-gb/dlc/shadowsofthehist
elderscrollsonline.com/en-us/news/post/2016/06/28/update-11-featuring-shadows-of-the-hist-launch-details

One Tamriel announced (Q4 2016):
elderscrollsonline.com/en-us/news/post/2016/06/12/matt-firors-message-from-be3

>Latest patch notes
forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/patch-notes

>Sales and deals
dlgamer.us/download-the_elder_scrolls_online-pc_games-p-19435.html (authorized reseller)
kinguin.net/es/catalogsearch/result/index/?q=elder scrolls online (some anons have been using it without issues so far)

>Beginner's Guide by Alcast
youtube.com/playlist?list=PLWqnQ2EfnFBgjvfzMURBzYTSTxMrf480u

>Online lore portal and map
imperial-library.info/
uesp.net/wiki/Online:Online
esomap.uesp.net/

>UI addons for PC
esoui.com/addons.php

>Assorted links
teso-rp.com/
esoacademy.com/
eso-fashion.com/

>/tesog/ Guilds
[PC NA] message (not whisper) @clv or @the_kyrox for invite
[PC EU] message (not whisper) @the_kyrox for invite
[PS4 NA and EU] message PSN: kibukj for invite

>We have a Discord open for every platform:
discord.gg/0zy535yopcQNGH6I

>Platform poll:
strawpoll.me/10281492

>Can I play X class doing Y role with an Z race?
Yes

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=ogOmj7ENfbY
tamrielfoundry.com/topic/2-4-stamblade-rampage-stamina-nightbalde-pve-build-40k-dps/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

First for sad tailor

The Iron wheel is a menace. Vandalizing an honest merchant's shop should get them thrown in jail.

>thought One Tamriel would level scale up to a point like Fallout 4
>it's actually Oblivion style level scaling

Can't wait to fight level 50 mudcrabs

And it just ruined whatever goodness it brought

youtube.com/watch?v=ogOmj7ENfbY
So why is it called "Shadow of the Hist" when it's only one dungeon about the hist?

CoS deals with shadowscales

They're just doing the thing they did in the DLCs to all of Tamriel. It will be fine.

Is this a good setup for a tank?

I haven't played the DLCs, can you elaborate? All I want is for like Bal Foyen to level scale with you until level 10 or whatever the mob levels are there now, and Stonefalls to level 15, etc, and never go beyond that. But if you go there at level 7 the mobs will all be level 7.

>ring of mara

9th for qts.

Why not just drop the Ring of Mara and have two rings of Agility?

Basiclly, Your caracter, from level 1, will always be scaled up to CP150. All zones will be scaled up to CP160.

Basically, due to being scaled up, a level 1 character will now be able to roam around in The Rift and have fun with their CP160 buddies. Also, The Rift will now be CP160 for the CP160 characters, so they can now find their crafting mats, fight world bosses, and do Delves there like they couldn't before.

Thieves guild and Db auto-scale you to 160 statwise. You won't have any of the things you'd get by naturally being at 160 though.

>ring of mara

>Why not just drop the Ring of Mara and have two rings of Agility?

Sentimental reasons. I've had that ring on since I bought the game and married my wife's character day one in stonefalls.

Oh damn that's really good for group play. But I'm still concerned about the progression, I really don't want max level mobs to spawn in a starting area if you go there at max level.

Today I tried to solo Syvarra of the Deep on my cp220 magblade. When I had brought her down to 30% some motherfucker jumped in and helped me kill her. I wanted bragging rights, but I'm left with some faggot who /w me "wow, not even a thank you"

>I really don't want max level mobs to spawn in a starting area if you go there at max level.

Level 1 characters will be max level, though.

EVERYTHING scales up to max level under this new system. Including you.

EVERY mob you encounter will be "Max level."

It should, for your zone, lower you back down to whatever your lvl actually it. Take auridon for example, 10~20 zone but I could go to coast gold and be 160 but when I went back everything was still 10~20 while I was whatever level I currently was.

Armour master is a solid choice, however you may consider switching out Mighty Chudan.

It gives you major ward and resolve, however all classes already have access to abilities that gives you them. And since they don't stack and you'll be using the ability giving you major ward and resolve anyway the bonus will be wasted.

The Blood Spawn set is great because it gives you a flat bonus that isn't connected to any buff. Same with Lord-Warden.

Did you tell him that doesn't deserve a thank you?

This is hilarious desu.

Server back up

>Sentimental reasons. I've had that ring on since I bought the game and married my wife's character day one in stonefalls.

How would one go about making a stamknight tank? Just a bunch of armor actives with snb ones?

Orc here

Would force to wife/10

>my wife's character

sounds a lot like

>my wife's son

Trying to make an Orcfu.

why

Because imagining a short, cute, strong orc woman sitting on my face and then smothering me in her breasts as she strokes me to climax is fun.

Should've made an altmer, homo

>Having to listen to her talk about how you're a degenerate human pervert while she rides her ass on your face even though you know damn well she's loving every second of it.

No thank you. I'd rather hear grunts of pleasure as my tongue finds the perfect spot for her to grind on.

Are bows worthless weapons for a magblade since they scale off stamina don't they?

>Orcish shortstack waifu

This is my fetish

Yep, dw and staff

bah.

But she'd still be taller than you

I'm 6' 5", man.

If she's taller than me, I'd love it even more. Life sucks when you're a submissive guy and every girl's shorter than you and expects you to be the strong one.

Shoulda went with an altmer to show you, your proper place

Well Altmer are like 7 and a half feet on average.

The real question there is; are their females proportional for that height?

It becomes a trade-off, then.

I want a woman that can kick the ever loving shit out of me. Someone strong. Hell, I'd fucking love finding a girl that would spar with me and not be intimidated by my build. (Judo)

An orc is more likely to be that strong. An Altmer would break like a toothpick.

Altmer also believe that they descended from the Aedra and are pissed off about being created, so giving them pleasure would only fuel that anger and probably cause them to kill you

>An Altmer would break like a toothpick.
>The concept of an altmeri spellsword is forever too foreign to me because I can't separate passives from looks
Looks like you're not imagining hard enough
Isn't that just the thalmor though? Couldn't the atlmer in other non summerset areas be not so genocidal?

>Isn't that just the thalmor though? Couldn't the atlmer in other non summerset areas be not so genocidal?

That's just the Skyrim Thalmor.

This eras Thalmor are good guys.

Good is probably a loose descriptor Ayrenn, they're the cause of most of the AD's problems except in Tor and March and Vanus is a vain prick that does mental gymnastics where he's the hero of everything.

does one handed weapon type even make a difference or is it just aesthetic/flavor between maces swords axes and daggers? functionally the damage appears identical.

Passives help emphasis the difference in the dw and 2h trees. I suppose mace could benefit from the bash increases but the way they worded it might make the increases exclusive to shield attacks

oh I see at the bottom there's a passive that gives different bonuses depending on the weapon type.

So until then it just doesn't make a difference I guess.

What the fuck is the point of having charged trait on a veteran maelstorm arena weapon. Unless I'm missing some vital information, it's essential the same as having no trait at all on it.

What constitutes as "daily" for fencing? is it real life days, or is it in game days?

Real life. Not sure what time it resets tho.

>What the fuck is the point of having charged trait on a veteran maelstorm arena weapon.

It's probably in there for destro staves, because they give status effects with their left click attacks, so I guess ZOS thought they needed to be on the loot list.

I don't know why but for some reason I thought it reducing the cooldown on your weapon enchantment. Suddenly it doesn't feel that bad to get a charged lighting staff.

I think I found my Orcfu

Too bad she's a NPC

>burgling house
>no ones home, nice and quiet
>hear someone enter through the door, oh shit!
>hide
>some random Khajiit just wandered in to rob the place

Of course it's a Khajiit.

damn right he stole nothing, I left him nothing to steal.

nothing valuable anyways.

I don't believe it for a second

yeah he probably couldn't help but steal all the worthless junk like rye.

Most of the characters sneaking around stealing stuff are Khajiits, and this is in EP.
I suspect they are AD spys who are too busy stealing to do any spying.

i bet you're a khajiit too

I love this game, so fun.

Game jumps from being really great to have some really big problems. But there's a lot of good stuff in it. One little detail I like is how a lot of groups you fight have a tank, damagedealer and healer. So that the holy trinity is an actually military strategy used within the game world.

Let's not say things we can't take back

Stamina or magicka for PvP DK tank? Or all health?

stamina

The only real issues I have with it involve it not using a lot of TES game style stuff.

>Class system
>No illusion magic
>No conjuration magic/very little on sorcs
>No bound weapons
>No radiant quests
>Found loot is out classed a hundred times by crafted gear.

How would you go about it though? Health enchants? Hist bark? 5 heavy 2 med? Sword and shield + 2h/bow?

Is it worth getting back into it without the DLCs?

I don't care much for the class system either, but you could ignore it if you wanted, I guess. I'd rather play the way I normally do on the single-player games: a heavy armored dude with a shield using Restoration magic to augment my abilities. I know the Templar would be the closest thing to that, but I have no interest in healing others.

I wanted to be because their racial stats are just the absolute best for what I was going for, but no, I can't play Khajiit, just hate their aesthetic, I could never be happy with it, and that matters to me.

I went Boomer as the next best thing.

>be DC
>finally get to Bankorai
>enter the tavern because of a quest
>cuckolding and other general degeneracy rife within

Malacath frowns upon such things

>>No illusion magic
Nightblades have a fear.
They also have a summon.

This

People get ridiculously salty in this game sometimes. I had some guy spend like 4-5 whispers bitching me out because I declined his party after he said something in broken english and sent me a party invite following a Dolmen. I didn't even respond, he was just so mad (and became much more coherent when angered, apparently) that I didn't want to group up with him when I was just hitting a Dolmen and continuing on my way.

The classes are pretty fluid though, they're basically an additional skill line than a hard definition of class like found in other games. They're perhaps more defining than class was in, say, Morrowind (where you just grouped a bunch of skills to get bonuses on increasing them) but it still feels very TES because even though I chose the sneaky bastard class I can still carry a staff and wear heavy armor and look like a shithead playing the opposite of what you'd expect regardless of how effective or not it is.

Also
>Found loot is out classed a hundred times by crafted gear.
This varies greatly, user. Also depends on how you define "found."

You sure as shit don't craft Maelstrom weapons, and they sure as hell are BiS for most builds in PVE. They're no Ebonblade or Dagon's Razor, but it should be obvious that we don't get to run around with one of a kind legendary weapons in an MMO.

Would have been cool to run around with Dawnbreaker or even the Spear of Bitter Mercy

Hell, as an Orc, I'd love to have Scourge

there are already cl160 mudcrabs in the game tho

How exactly do things work with researching traits? Like if I research Training on a peice of cloth chest armor, does that unlock training for every clothier item, or only for cloth chests specifically and the others would need to be researched independently?

The latter

Fuck.

I was hoping that wasn't the case.

It takes months to complete all the research. The time required for one trait doubles with each trait you do for each item. The eighth trait takes one month. And of course you have to have a sufficient number of traits researched to craft the sets.

tamrielfoundry.com/topic/2-4-stamblade-rampage-stamina-nightbalde-pve-build-40k-dps/

Opinions on this build? I'm currently working towards the gear for it.

Also dat Captcha

Minor spoiler from the DB dlc, but was it ever explained why you could break free from the stun caused by Primate Artorius?

Looks great and if Alcast recommends it's solid. Seems like half the dps comes from nailing the rotation.

Did it never cross your mind that maybe your old buddy and pal Sithis had your back? Or your loving (night) mother?

Or maybe it's because we're the MC and thus bullshit as hell.

I actually have a lore explanation for this one!

Let's assume the DB story takes place AFTER the main story, and thus this is after you used the amulet of kings to gain the armor of Akatosh.

Primate Artorius was using the power of Akatosh to freeze time around him. You can over come it due to the tom-fuckery you went through while wearing the armor of Akatosh.

Basically, Akatosh is your bro. He lets you break out of even his own bullshit.

Both have merit. Worst thing is that there most likely never will be an explanation since no one else but you experience it so no NPC can write and analyse it.

>tfw want to change a minuscule detail on my character but don't want to spend monies in case I don't like the result

They should add the appearance change to eso plus, and let you do it as many times as you want.

They should've just added a fucking barber shop like WoW has, where you can change hair and some minor accessories with in-game currency. Now we have to spend 1000 crowns if we want to shave our manly beards, because the same look on a character for 2 years has gotten a bit stale.

Why are you so sad, mister tailor?

Why are you so sad, mister tailor?

I've been disconnected twice today, and I'm pretty sure it's not my ISP. Is ZOS at it again?

>35% chance to force lock
>break 17 lockpicks

with the amount of life support this thread needs, are we sure it's worth it?

>yfw you take a 3 day break
>come back to 930k
feels so nice but can easily spend all of it in an hour on shit I need.

yes

Is there an addon that tracks your current play session? I've been using myxpview but I'm looking for something else