/owg/ overwatch general

No fat fucks allowed edition

>Official Website
playoverwatch.com

>The Oversheet
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1QgTenq3s-YesFgb-CP6yIPpp4K9xot7LhTBo3Tm0Pk/edit#gid=1751764739/

>Wiki
overwatch.gamepedia.com/Overwatch_Wiki

>Convert source mouse sensitivity
jscalc.io/calc/djyxBymfcWCIgD4f

>OP Pastebin
pastebin.com/0HaMLiu7 (embed)

>Stats and Leaderboards
masteroverwatch.com
overbuff.com/

>Competitive Info
gosugamers.net/overwatch
over.gg/

>Overwatch DPS Sheet
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1D4jOtaosiZoM2VA9IjRRPaiMbTTZtPrD1d8mK23DPa0

>Information
Season 1 ends on 17th of August
The Last Bastion on 18th of August
Summer games end on 22th of August
Blizzcon on 4th-5th in September

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=H9ty0OmnR8U
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

QTmaker

First for not getting a single summer item that I actually wanted.

Tracer is for cuddling!

BASTION

introducing the top 3 sluts

D.Va

I want to fuck Tracer's footpucci

Good, they're supposed to be rare

If you really want them you can buy lootboxes

50 for $39.99 is a steal, don't miss it!

How to fix bastion:

Configuration: Sentry
Ammo reduced from 200 to 100
Sentry bullets can now pierce through objects (walls, heroes) once.

Self repair is now always bound into right click

New E ability: Animal companion
Toggle sight between you and your scouting bird companion. You can move the flying bird freely when you have it in bird perspective.
Bird can be destroyed, has 1 hp. Sight toggle has 0 cd, Bird respawn time 12 seconds.

So today has been bullshit, I didn't want to try and play attacker today I'm rank 70 and probably a fairly high mmr in quickplay So I picked healers. I've noticed that the game thinks I'm going to be a hard carry.

As Lucio I've been getting highest kills with 1-4 kills a match for the last 15 matches in a row because the game for some reason thinks I'm going to play attacker. So it gives me literal garbage teammates.

Thanks Blizzard.

youtube.com/watch?v=H9ty0OmnR8U
Who's ready for bird and bot adventures?

DELET THIS

>medals mean absolutely nothing
Can we stop this meme? I agree they do not mean everything, but when you have 4 gold medals it is at least some indicator that you are doing well and are not the direct reason your team is losing.

Obviously if you are playing Junkrat, Pharah, Soldier and your only gold medal is damage dealt against a Rein, the medal does not mean much.

Meanwhile having the most objective kills and most time spent on the objective has got to be worth something and is at the very least a small way to prove to yourself that your team should probably be stepping it up a bit. Not sure how people can argue against it but they sure do.

I feel like the people who say "MEDALS DON'T MEAN ANYTHING" are the people who don't often get medals and use it as a way to justify them being a useless piece of shit Junkrat

widormaker is literally my waifu

Sorry, not familiar with all the memes here. Is this pasta or did you really feel the need to repeat it so soon?

Cute blogpost user, make a reddit thread about it

>Sentry bullets can now pierce through objects (walls, heroes) once.

man i just tried roadhog for the first time

a hero has no business being this fucking fun

>It's a Winston blames Lucio for not being able to heal episode

If you browse this general, fuck you Powercage. Quitter.

Honestly pretty excited for when the event is over and I get to have skins that are no longer attainable. I understand fully the frustration of not getting a skin you really want after trying a lot because of a random loot box system, but it sure does make it feel really good when you finally do get one you want.

Got almost every skin that I wanted so it will be nice when in a few months or a year I can say I really do have "rare" skins.

I hope they never pull some bullshit like "legacy" events where you can get all the retired skins from boxes. But they more likely than not will at some point

So, who /goldengun/ here? My Zarya is going to be stilish as fuck.

>That bird

I love the idea that Ganymede is like a devil on Bastion's shoulder compelling him to be a mobile death factory.

One thing I dislike seeing is people who have a few golds and assume they're carrying the team, when in reality it's possible and even likely that they're tied for golds with others or the rest of the team is only slightly behind.

Just wanted to discuss it more. I like hearing actual opinions from people rather than having 2 replies and the thread being over.

I suppose time on this thread is better spent discussing which color Widowmaker actually is anyways

Proper composition is probably the single most important factor for which team is going to win.

And if you're doing so well then you can do even better by switching in order to help your team has a good team comp

>but why do I have to switch why can't somebody else switch

Because sometimes even though you're overall doing the best their character is most crucial to the team. It doesn't fucking matter if you're an awesome tracer destroying the enemies backline if your team needs a mccree to flashbang the ana ulted genji that's destroying your entire team

anyone else glad for zen nerf? at first I thought he was going to be a cool new addition as a core hero but then I realized he's an op piece of shit. good riddance.

beep bwoop beep boop.
boop beep beep?

>just a couple weeks ago
>everyone including me crying for a Mercy if team doesn't have one
>now every Mercy on one of the two sides is an object of study and target of our conservation efforts

This hurts you...

She'll come back

Not giving you shit. Was actually curious. Nice soldier dubs.

Still trying to get her Summer Games skin.

the art is so bad and the story so cringey I doubt this trash could hurt anyone

how fucking silly

shipper-fags are the absolute worst

hahaha wtf? fucking edgy teenagers find this cool, swear to god

> I love not having to take my hand off WASD to melee
Isn't melee on scroll wheel click by default?

Side buttons are best used for Shift/E abilities. You should pretty much kill yourself if you don't have them bound to thumb buttons.

>man it's a good thing i've got ult ready

beep boop boop bop?

(You)
100 ammo for penetration? What a nerf
>New E ability: Animal companion
Seems like it would too confusing to switch between bird and bastion. If you scout with bird then you are basically defenseless when someone actually comes around the corner.

Source plox

Why'd you fags rip off TF2's Passtime but make it shittier with Lucioball?

Advanced Loot Box Algorithms

>Genji's only "hard couters" aren't viable in the meta
>His counters aren't even counters, they're just annoyances
10/10 balancing

Here's mine

Recon base move speed increased to 6 (Tracer, Genji, Ana) up from 5.5 (everyone else).

Configuration animations are 50% faster

Self repair has an alt bind to M2

Encourages a non-turtling playstyle where you change your turret placement after every couple of kills. This was already pretty effective but these changes will make it that much more optimal, especially on 2 CP maps where the attacking side can rush point B with little time to set up a strong defense.

You could still act as bastion but just switch the perspective.
Penetrating bullets + third person view is super strong.

>tf2 invented soccer
(you)

I wonder if berN lives in milwaukee.

Passtime is worse

TRACER IS NOT FOR HURTING WIDOWFAGS GET OUT REEEEEEEEEE

>passtime

It's clearly a rocket league rip-off. Passtime's ball mechanics where the ball is in your hands and allowing engineers in the game mode make it different from Rocket League or Lucioball.

I did it.
I finally got 50 comp points before the end of the season.
After 80 matches, I got 50 comp points.
Now I'll have 170 comp points by tomorrow

Its nothing like passtime.
Its blizzard ripping off rocket league.

Its like comparing battleborn and overwatch.
One is dead, and the other is slightly less dead.

And you fucking fags act like you had comp before TF2. TF2 had comp before you're shitty game was even out

Hey you stupid fucks you're supposed to say

"new thread
>>>
>>>
>>>"

that's how people know there's a new god damn thread. I ctrl+f'd and typed new thread and nothing popped up.

new thread

>only having one side button

What the fuck are you talking about? Who even talks about who had comp first? Both comp modes blow chunks. Go back to Conga Fortress general.

>TF2 """"comp""""

>it takes him 20 minutes to realize the old one is past the bump limit
>it takes him 20 minutes to find the new one one the catalog

The Amaris

Just had the honor of playing with the turbo autism combo.

The genji has pretty much only played genji for all that time and is only rank 68 and the roadhog has 500hrs played across roadhog and reaper, pretty much the only heroes he plays and was only rank 74.

It makes me feel good about myself knowing i'm better and less autistic than these two down syndromes with a fraction of the time put in.

There is hope for all of you.

>Got hurdle intro 4 times
>Lucio intro twice
>Symmetra emote twice
>Only 1 epic skin and that was torb
Fuck my life

STOP ME FROM BUYING BOXES

I WANT THAT DAMN MERCY SKIN AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

what level is that, 516 or 616?

I wasn't looking in the catalog. I looked in the thread. When no one posted new thread that's when I looked in the catalog.

>handing blizzard money after you already bought the game

Nigga, overwatch is just a newer slightly more populated tf2 with slightly different characters and some dota thrown in for good measure.
It even still has the dress up mechanics.
If anything overwatch is slightly worse as it has less maps (at the moment) and less class verity.
If blizzard keeps the ball rolling with maps and maybe adds some new ways to play classes instead of just adding modified class ideas as new characters it would totally kill tf2.

>Side buttons are best used for Shift/E abilities. You should pretty much kill yourself if you don't have them bound to thumb buttons.

It's apparent that this is your first FPS.

>Ilios
>no healer
>Someone picks Mercy
>we lose round one
>switch to Lucio
>outheal her and get gold for healing and objective
When will Blizzard remove her from the game?

jesus

I'm tired of this broken ass fucking game.

When i'm zenyatta my ultimate is supposed to make me invulnerable. I use it sometimes when i'm about to die. I'm tired of hitting the button and it not. fucking. working. When I push the god damn button make me invulnerable so I don't die. That shit is annoying as fuck.

Same with tracer and her recall. When I fucking recall FUCKING RECALL. I hit the go back in time button but for whatever reason don't go back in time and die instead. Fuck this game.

Someone did post a new thread
Maybe you should pay more attention

>slightly more populated tf2
>slightly

>being bad
>not being good

Same reason why you die as genji when you've pressed E but it doesn't show on the death clip, or why readhog sometimes hook people from behind walls.

The server refresh rate is 20fps, XDXD

zen's ult is stupid
game says it makes him and teammates invulnerable but its actually just another heal
Junkrat's tire goes through it
a fully charged deadeye goes through it
hell, with enough DPS in a very short span of time, anything can go through it.
Why couldn't they make it an actual invincibility?

We are all here

Reminder that healers ruin PvP games.

i'm not the problem. The game is the problem. When I press a button it's supposed to use that ability.

Her legendary skins are better my man.

Actual invincibility would be fucking retarded. 5 seconds of going through any choke point with no worries, nah.

Everyone move here, we will use this one when the other fills.

i'm not gonna insult you or say you're wrong.

Explain yourself please. Why do you say that? What is your argument?

You people are the worst.

"What? I fucking shot him!!!! No way I pressed the button faster than him!!!! How was that a headshot!!!!! What the fuck, this guy is cheating!!!!"

Lie to yourself some more my friend, and you will find yourself in shitter hell.

Why do you lie about something so easy to disprove?

>Skill having anything to do with it when 2/3's of the heroes aren't used and 1 of them is so strong he can win 1v6s
top cuck

>"this makes you invincible"
>"no it doesn't"
>"well, yeah, no shit. it'd be fucking retarded for it to do what it says on the tin right?"
go away

The game never says it makes team mates invincible. Only Zen. If you die instantly even though you pressed it on your screen as Zen, it's the server/connection problem. Not the ability

Good reading comprehension

>posts that
>when I've already said the "invulnerable" part
>doesn't post gameplay proving me wrong, where gameplay is the crucial point
you're a special kind of stupid, aren't you?

>Move Junkrat to attackers
>Rename attackers "Fighters"
>Remove every other defender hero
>Rework Symmetra
game fixed Blizurd pls hire ty

Not that user, and I do understand your point, but sometimes for example as Tracer you can recall on your screen or blink around the corner and get fucked anyways because the server didn't process it fast enough

>game says it makes him and teammates invulnerable
Where? Where does it say that? His ability description says it makes him invulnerable but nothing about making is teammates invulnerable.

Why do people do this?
Like full widows isnt fun
At least with like full torb or full winston I can have fun fucking about
But a full widow team is lame and boring

>17 wins left until golden gun
>losing streak
JUST