Engine Choices

Given the following guide lines, what would Veeky Forums choose for an engine for this cunt?
- Cannot be retardedly expensive for the block nor parts(this rules out exotic as fuck engines)
- Must be capable of producing atleast 250HP, low in the rev range(muh cubes)
- parts availability

I'm not afraid of building a block from scratch, and would actually prefer it over a crate engine purchase(have done it many times before and find it somehow relaxing). I do have the ability to machine small parts(such as brackets, pulleys, etc)

Does not specifically have to be ford, nor V8, nor even gasoline powered.

I would prefer to stay away from EFI, though.

Windsor 302/5.0 obviously

Also I knew a guy who died in one of those so take care

Fuel injected Iron duke with twin turbos and open headers

Bonus if you get the Duke from a llv

Obviously didn't mean headers. But just straight piped

351 Ford Windsor stroked and canned with stiffer rocker arms and those springs for higher rpm. So u get lower torque and higher rpm for higher horsepower.

And a higher flow carbirarstar.

OP here
Originally thought 302. hell, I could even reuse the c4 or upgrade to AOD if I wanted, But I realized I have a ton of other options when I don't limit myself to ford only.
I've never been a fan of buzzing an engine to up past 6,000 to get any real power out of it.
Could do a windsor, but even then my dick doesn't start getting hard until I hit the 390+ cubic inch range.

What does everyone think of a detroit diesel or similar sized engine?

Put a twin turbo online 6 from BMW in it. Tune it to 400 horse and blow everyone away.

Any reason to take a 302 over a 351 besides more intake choices and light weight? Not OP but I have a similar build; I'd like to build a 450-600 HP engine for my Lincoln Town Car and possibly turbocharge it. I've read that 351 blocks can handle more HP safely than can a 302, so why don't more builds use the 351?

BIG BLOCK FERD

Muh revs

I said 302 mainly because OP was only asking for 250hp and there's no reason to put a heavier, less supported, more expensive engine in to get that.

You mean a Detroit diesel as in fuck huge truck engine? and if you fuck up doing a top tune on it it runs away? And the loudest no-power leakiest piece of shit engines you've ever heard of? Fuck yeah, Detroit 6v92ta is for you!

get a Ford Barra

>351w
>less supported
>more expensive

stop being retarded

>Americans arguing over which of their generic 50 years old crate engines that have been built millions of times each is less supported

Cant. Post Office is still using them all. Those sluggish, sketchy little gremlins just wont give up.

460 with a c6.

6.0 powerstroke?

you want to sell the shell? im interested.

7.3 Powetstroke

426 hemi

Alternatively 527 chebby

See pic, get excited
>is only maverick
>is 4 door

How about no engine you piece of shit

Only if he wants to put the worst diesel engine ford has ever made in there

Holy fuck you guys. I didn't realize this thread would still be up.

>460
mmmm, I'm liking this, How much does a 460 block weigh versus something like a 302? Would I have to beef up the suspension?
>c6
eh, I already have a car with a C6. Personally I don't like the power robbing it does. and for some unknown fucking reason, I've had nothing but problems with C6 trannies.I also like how every ferd fanboy talks them up like they can power a 20 ton tank for 40 years and never break or some shit.

GET FUCKED.