Would it be wrong to clone a Cobra r?

Would it be wrong to clone a Cobra r?
I don't have the money to buy one right off the bat, but I do know through time I could make a decent clone
>No I won't clone it in a base v6 I'm not THAT autistic

found on road dead :^)

>cloning cars
Don't ever do that, user. It's like buying a replica Shelby Cobra. Everyone knows it's fake.

here's nothing wrong with it if you do all aesthetic changes last

>clone
so you're gonna buy all the shit from a smashed cobra and put it in a non cobra car? cause thats the only way it will be a clone. Its not a clone if it kinda looks like the real thing, its a clone when it is EXACTLY like the real thing, except with different origins.

your a clone of dog poo

>your

That's the idea basically. I smashed my New Edge about a year ago and parted everything out of it but the shell. Everything on the shell is fine. Just kind of curious about how people feel about it.

>pedantics
He wants to make a mustang that looks just like a cobra r, fucc boi. He didn't say any details about making it a half ass clone or a full blown replica, so why did you sperg out? So if he makes a clone with aftermarket parts, what shall we call it?

How the hell did you manage to do that?

Speed limit is 55 I came over a hill and a curve and traffic was lined up all the way right over the peak of the hill where I couldn't see.
Also Baby's first brake job didn't pump the brakes before leaving. Downshifting to 2nd really quick didn't help much.

Also this literally happened
>Get out, ask the woman I hit if she's okay
>She's fine but gets pissy when I try to help her out of the car. Like won't let me to attempt to open the door
>Tell her I'm gonna call 911
>Talk to her, constantly apologizing asking if she's really okay
>Responding no problem
>Amberlamps show up and suddenly she's "Unresponsive"

It will cost more to make it a cobra r than it would to buy one in the first place, and it won't be worth 1/4th of a real one when you want to sell it.

It's never, ever a good idea. Make a vettecart out of the mustang.

Leave the Cobra badging off and it's not too bad.

I hate faggots in V6s and GTs that put Cobra badges on their shitpiles

My friend did exactly this with a gt.. wing and all. It was fast though put down 500+ to the wheels. 4v heads and a vortech on the factory 281.

His older brother had a quad cab f150 lightning clone. It was faster than my real lighting!!

But ya, i dont think its bad if you leave the badges off and you have to make it fast. If you follow those two guidelines who gives a fuck go for it.

Considering they made only 300 Cobra Rs and they cost $70-120k+ used, go for it OP.

Just try your best to make it as close to a real R as possible. Hell, even get a 99-01 Cobra as a base.

Yeah but at least with a Cobra it's not like they can blame you. Shit is expensive

If it were me spending the time and money on this i would do the following body mods:

03 04 cobra front and rear bumpers and spoiler

Cobra r hood and side exhaust

10th aniversery svt cobra wheels

Why clone it?

Why not just build a badass Mustang for the track? The end product will probably be faster and cheaper than the Cobra R, too.

I like this guy and his opinion

The Cobra wasn't cool because it looked good. it was cool because it performed great. So, get a V8 New Edge, and start adding fancy power bits. I wouldn't use a 5.4 Modular by the way, I'd use a 4.6 supercharged out of a Terminator.

I see no problem with a replica provided you try to get the drivetrain as close as possible.
>N/A 5.4L DOHC V8
mmm. nice if you can make it scream.

you can do that and still have people ask you if its a v6 like they do for mine

>i drive a 98 gt with a cobra front bumper, and the car roars with the sound of a 4.6 liter, and all the badges on the car say gt or 4.6... WHAT IN THE HELL TELLS YOU THIS IS A V6 YOU STUPID CUNTS?

if you want a ricer go for it

Hello newfriend.

>The Cobra wasn't cool because it looked good. it was cool because it performed great.
this
looks dumb but its fast as shit

Your money senpai do what you please. I understand the cost issue. Let me ask you are you just making it look like a cobra r or also having the drivetrain. Doing a drivetrain swap can get expensive quick, but all exterior parts can be had fairly cheap. A good paint job is expensive.