Can Veeky Forums give me a real reason of why the Toyota Prius is hated by many people? (Can you also draw the photo?)

Can Veeky Forums give me a real reason of why the Toyota Prius is hated by many people? (Can you also draw the photo?)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/ebXbLfLACGM
suicidepreventionlifeline.org
anyforums.com/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Because to make the battery it causes pollution equivalent to two nuclear coal stations running for 6 months each.

Holy shit.

The hate is typically towards the owner. The stereotype that they are somehow better than everyone else.

It's the same for BMW, Mercedes, Audi, big trucks, Mustang owners, etc. It's almost never the car, it's the owners.

>nuclear coal stations

what

because Veeky Forums is stupid

its not a good car if you're a car enthusiast, but its the perfect appliance if you just want to get around places

and because it was a meme up until 2010 (when they became common) for them to have obnoxious smug liberal shitheads for owners (but so do turbodiesels like vw tdis, but Veeky Forums doesn't mention that much)

then the tesla/leaf came out

In America I think it's because people buy them as a status thing and then act smug about it being "environmentally friendly"

But here in Japan I just hate them because they're everywhere and piloted by people who cannot drive

It's a terrible driver's car but for people who don't give a shit about driving and just want to get from point A to point B it's great

Can you guys try to draw it?

Here is a drawing for OP

It's gutless as fuck due to it's atkinson cycle engine

>Hurr lets just not compress half the air of the cylinder

Jajajaja

I have a few personal issues with the Prius, since I used to drive one.

My parents bought me it brand new when I graduated high school. I didn't complain because it was a free car, but I was stuck with it because my dad ended up putting his name on the title and signing off all the papers when I went to take a shit at the dealership. The thing was boring as fuck in every possible way.

Sure, I saved a lot of money in gas, but after I hit 150k miles the hybrid battery needed to be replaced. That costed me $3800. At 190k miles the auxillary motor gave out, and was another $500. After that the transmission gave out and that was another $1300.

All the money saved over a regular sedan or hatchback ended up being lost with the battery replacement. Not to mention the other shit which started failing at around 200k miles.

>>be on 70mph highway everyday for work
>>always some cuck in a prius doing 50mph in the left lane

It's usually just the owners I hate.

I bought one yesterday to drive Lyft/Uber.

Other car is a 2013 Mustang GT.

[spoiler]No kills yet[/spoiler]

Buying a more expensive car to save gas never works out in the end. Someone did the maths in a Tesla thread a few weeks back and if you buy a Model 3 at $35K, you would need to drive a $1000 civic 500K miles before you break even on the cost of the Tesla, not counting repairs on either side.

>new vs used
I forgot Veeky Forums posters are actually this fucking retarded. Carry on!

but didn't you read his amazingly intelligent post? someone did the maths. THE MATHS!

>I NEED muh brand new car straight off the lot
>Who cares if it's a terrible deal in every way, I can't stand that someone else drove a car before me!

>still comparing new vs used
Yep, you're retarded.

>Saving literally tens of thousands of dollars is retarded
>Muh new car smell that's $1 at autozone

>still comparing new vs used
Up next we'll be comparing a McLaren P1 to a Ford Fiesta and complaining why the fiesta is so slow.

>horrible passing power
>extremely disconnected steering
>handling reserved for the dullest of senses
I say this from non enthusiast perspective, I'd rather have something like a civic, mazda3, focus, etc and have livable, usable, if not fun A-to-B machines even if it means losing 10-15 mpg

>Comparing an economy car to an economy car
>BUT ONE IS NEW OMG FUKKIN RETARD
>Muh fart free seats, who cars if my car was $30K more than yours

>new vs used

A while back, I figured that people who buy a new Prius are more in it for the looks than the actual cost savings. Give me a minute here.

Like, there were hybrid priuses before the iconic style we know today. They just looked like normal sedans, they didn't sell too much, you don't see many around any more and even when they were new you didn't see too many. There are hybrid civics too, but it just looks like a normal civic with an itty bitty decal on the back that says it's a hybrid.

But after the redesign, you could tell that motherfucker was saving the world from 5 miles away. The car stood out, looked different, was easily identifiable as the green, eco-friendly car that everyone who cared about planet earth drove. Like, they could now show off how green they were being, where with the other cars they would just look like some other sucker in a sedan.

I really think that's what kicked off the whole prius surge, the fact that you could stand out as being eco-friendly.

Teslas are cool tho.

>AHHH HOW DARE YOU COMPARE COMPARABLE CARS CAUSE ONE IS 3 YEARS OLD AND ONE COMES NEW
>FUKKIN RETARDS CARS CANT BE BOUGHT USED IN GOOD CONDITION
>MUST JUSTIFY OVERPAYING FOR SHITTY ECONOBOXES

>new vs used
>gets mad when you realize how retarded your point is
Sure is summer around here.

>If I keep calling him retarded that means my Ford Ka wasn't a terrible purchase!

>summerfag this triggered

>when you pull up next to a prius in your 15mpg gas guzzler

Good luck saving that ozone with me around.

>I know, I'll call him triggered! That'll suppress my terrible buyer remorse!

Namefagging is the biggest newfag shit there is desu senpai

>this mad
Your point is idiotic. Face it, retard.

>LOL U MAD

Let me break out an image from before you were born kiddo

Because it fails as a good car, fails as an environmentally friendly car, and fails as an efficient, cozy, reliable commuter.

So really, typical toyota vehicle. There are countless better cars for what you want to achieve, but you're too lazy to do the research so you just play it safe and buy a toyota. I want a barge but dunno which barge is good, camry. I want a small car but dunno which econobox is gud, corolla. I want an efficient car but dunno what google is, prius. I want a "fast" old shitbox but don't know my car history, ae86.

Toyota = meme manufacturer

>summerfag this mad
youtu.be/ebXbLfLACGM

God damn dude just shut the fuck up already. You're the retard here. Since when was comparing new vs used unacceptable?

youtu.be/ebXbLfLACGM

>I better go spend 5 minutes googling gold accounts
>Oh shit it's a troll
>Better call him a summerfag, that's all I have in my arsenal
>I'm really good at the 4chans, I better go tell mom

this desu

youtu.be/ebXbLfLACGM

>Literally cannot articulate an argument

>has a retarded argument
>gets mad when i point it out
>goes on full damage control
>gets mad when he gets outed as a summerfag
youtu.be/ebXbLfLACGM

Why are you so upset?

>Make reasonable argument
>Actual triggered summerfag has to defend his purchase of a financed econobox
>Gets refuted
>Goes hyper damage control
>Keeps calling a guy posting images older than most of the posters ITT summerfag cause he has no idea how image numbers work
>Keeps responding with the same video because his entire argument relies on buzzwords

TL;DR, U mad kid

>he deflects the argument and goes straight to projecting
youtu.be/ebXbLfLACGM

>He can't even detect samefag!
>Still posting images from less than a month ago

>>>/reddit/

>m-mommy he's not using new images
youtu.be/ebXbLfLACGM
youtu.be/ebXbLfLACGM

it's not about saving money, it's about saving duh environment (while being ignorant of manufacturing costs. used civic = 0 additional production, tesla = more than recapturable CO2 to worry about)

> summerfag uses fake file names to make himself look like Le epic oldfag
Top roflmao so pathetic nerd

>OH SHIT HE FIGURED OUT I'VE BEEN HERE FOR A SHORTER TIME THAT THE SHIT HE TOOK YESTERDAY
>I KNOW I'LL KEEP SPAMMING THE SAME VIDEO

Guess what kiddo? Spamming is against the rules! Yay, learning experience!

youtu.be/ebXbLfLACGM

>Incapable of checking creation dates
>LOL NO U

I backtraced your IP, enjoy the cyber police fucking you up

This is angriest I've seen a namefag get in a looong time. Nice work user!

Le epic oldfag joek xDDD

I try to keep the cancer off while I can, shame GS400Goy won't respond with the same vitriol he used to.

>Fucking oldfags, why won't they let us turn this place into reddit?

>i hit a nerve this fucking hard
>resorts to deflecting all arguments and projecting anal rage onto others
youtu.be/ebXbLfLACGM

>/b/ am I an Le epic oldfag yet? Look how hard I am trying XDD

>I-i'm not mad I swear guys
>l-lol, u m-mad!

>this assmad

>NO U

I'm getting rather bored, you don't even have good images I can steal. Enjoy your $500/m payments on your econobox. Welcome to Veeky Forums, now get the fuck out

>this assmad
>G-GET OUT!!! DON'T REMIND ME I'M NEW!!!

>Better rename my image since he pointed out that's how you can tell the age of the poster
>What is exif data?

>this assmad

>U MAD U MAD U MAD
>Yet doesn't even have any U MAD images

poor show

>this assmad

Their owners think they're morally superior

>look guys in totally not a summerfag just look at my edited filenames and how hard I've tried to act like an old fag after being called a summerfag!
roflmao kid try harder

>Still a derith of u mad images
>can't into exif data

God I'm surrounded by fucking children

>look guys in totally not a summerfag just look at how hard I've tried to act like an old fag after being called a summerfag!

> he thinks exif is real
Roflmao keep trying summerfag

>Doesn't even know the most basic shit

Fuck this shit, I'm going to bed

> he didn't study the Veeky Forums encyclopedia like me!
Roflmao try hard summerfag
You're probably one if those kids who buys old steam accounts

>Gets rekt
>bails to prevent further ownage

lmaoaooaoa

>so mad he ragequits
kek, summerfags BTFO!!

God you people are easily baited

>gets BTFO
>I-I WAS JUST PRETENDING TO BE RETARDED!!!
kek, summerfags literally on suicide watch!

LOL and the Holy grail defense of being btfo

>Still can't come up with any insult that summerfag

>summerfags literally this assmad

>Litearlly unequvietibally BTFO

suicidepreventionlifeline.org

>Damage control

leoeleoel

What, no online dialer?

ITT: SUMMERFAGS BTFO!!!

Summerfags will literally NEVER recover

>They just keep responding!
It's like fishing at the fish market

>g-guys i-i-i was just pretending to be an idiot!
>PLEASE BELIEVE ME!!!!

I can smell your anger from here you fat nerd lol

>More boring responses with shit images

>Literally cannot resist posting more

At least post images that aren't generic as fuck

I had an f250 that got 10 highway. 7.5 liters of American iron

This person doesn't know shit.

Combined engine and motor torque is 320Nm, and about 120kw. It's as fast as a 2.4L engined car.

You *think* they're slow because every fuck with one in the US tried to drive around on the battery only, which forces them to use 1/4 throttle and accelerate at walking pace.

>try driving one before spewing bullshit

>this assmad

Thanks for all the (you)'s gaywad

>More shit images
(you) too

>summerfag gets decimated in argument
>gets triggered
>i-it was just bait!!!
Now watch as this autist replies with another post of assmad. Dance for me autist, dance!

Guy humping: Me
AC unit: You

Nice, didn't have that one, have an ancient joke

that's interesting. When I took cabs, I'd be driven in Priuses and they were pretty smooth and effortlessly zippy.

Fuck prius drivers. They either go super slow or super fast. They are very dangerous people who do not know how to drive