Monster Hunter General - /mhg/

Previous Thread:>I have a question!
pastebin.com/7Aa6HxUh (embed) (embed)
Includes links to the FAQ, weapon guides, charm info, and more.

mhgen.kiranico.com/
Database with weapon trees, item locations, drop rates, etc.

sites.google.com/site/pingsdex
Same thing, in application form.

>Where does Veeky Forums play?
Create or find a Gathering Hall
Passcode: 7243 / Search
In Generations, Objective: Gathering
In 4U, Target: Fishing

Other urls found in this thread:

siliconera.com/2016/05/16/capcom-new-monster-hunter-game-along-major-titles-planned/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

This isn't true. This is what /mhg/ wants you to believe because everyone here is dishonest and puts on a face of illusion. It's worse than reddit (inb4 he goes to reddit).

I triple carted the other day in a turns room (trying out a new weapon) and everyone left immediately after, making a bunch of excuses like having to go to work/sleep/take dog out, or not saying anything. Bunch of rude assholes.

xth for get naked

>wanting to main long sword
>the weaponry list is too large for an inept to get used to

Currently at Long Katana 3. I heard about going to Narga after 4, but is there anything else I should go for?

Do I want to BE meowstress?

were you a gunner on a dinosword hunt?
One of them may have been me, sorry

Usually once one person leaves, the room implodes, especially after a failure.

or if it's really late and people should be going to bed.

would the world be a better place if Steve's mom didn't neglect him?

Don't know who you hunted with. But actual hunters don't leave like that unless they've been hunting together for hours prior, and your triple cart was a good time to break.

You should work on not triple carting and don't assume people would just leave you like you have some disease or some shit.

Again, no one cares. As long as you don't make ridic excuses and you actively try to do better (I don't think it's possible to double cart twice in a row), the vibe will be positive.

Chill, man.

Yes.

Either go with rathian or go elemental against the specific monster

which Palicoe types have worlds strongest and emergency escape

Did you say "trying out a new weapon. Triple cart incoming?" /mhg/ rooms are positive so long as you put that mentality forward.

If you are legit shitter, it's fine and you'll get carried as far as you're willing to put up with. You'll get better.

>announce that you will triple cart
>being positive

By rathian do you mean wyvern blade "verde"/"holly"?

World's Strongest is unreleased DLC. Emergency Escape is from trapper palicos and can be taught from those.

any hr8+ turn rooms?

If anybody wants, I'm handing out my META-FIGHTER kitty. Has Shock Trap, Big/Piercing Boomerangs, Dung Bomb (also detox/sonic horn, if you care about those). For skills it has Crit up S/L, Earplugs, Boomerang Pro, and Attack up S.

65-8118-6351-4783

HR Turns.

29-0855-9815-5437

O--

Yep. Just search.
In a 3/4 right now.

What's his name?

>Need Hyper Silver Rathalos to finish my fire weapon
>Need hyper rajang to finish my thunder weapon

Anyone that plays MHG and has the JP DLC want to host hyper silver rathalos?

Giving a fair warning to the hall is no different than saying that you'll cap the monster or bring a specific thing to a hunt.

You can literally say "I'm shit at SnS" and no one will judge. And when you cart, it will make sense.

In fact, if they see you doing stupid shit (i.e bashing constantly with SnS), some may even correct you in the hall. Or make a recommendation on armor. Etc.

I've never hunted with someone who got legitimately mad at another player in an /mhg/ hall. Try apologizing after one cart. I guarantee you'll see a ton of "Don't sweat it!" shouts.

First Thursday of every month for dlc releases right?

Do japs have it or does everyone need to edit it in?

·ω·
But I think you can change it when you get it.

In a few YouTube videos, people are fighting monsters in Sanctuary, like Nargacuga.

Are these future DLC quests? Am I missing something? I want to fight monsters there.

>suddenly a sully beast rips her ass in twain

Seriously. I've been hunting with mhg for literal years and for all the venom in the thread I almost never encounter anything but easygoing bros in-game. It really makes you think about the population of the thread...

Deviants

playing online automatically revokes your right to be upset.

and apologizing for carts is worse than carting. please don't.

It's a lot easier to be rude when you're anonymous

They're just regular monsters. I haven't fought a single Deviant in Sanctuary, also. Are you sure?

What a surprise, worst monster also is the worst monstergirl

T.Zinogre is there iirc. You might be right too, likely DLC stuff. Probably some advanced village quests there as well.

Why are people so concerned with finding a perfect cat?
Can you not just teach all the good stuff to one as long as they have piercing?
genuinely curious

What are they gonna do to that poor Velociprey?

What a surprise, shitposter is going to shitpost

They can only learn ONE skill and ONE ability.

There's a Hub quest where you fight Narga, Tigrex, Seregios and Gore (I think) one after the other in the Sanctuary.

Oh, I must have glazed over it. Might be fun. I'll check it out. Thanks!

dunno
all I can read off of it is "gore, what is..." then it's all nonsense to me

fuck me
fuck capcom

I thought /mhg/ and turn rooms were safe spaces? What the fuck happened?

They are

I've never had people shit talk me for carting, and I've never been kicked, but holy goddamn hell have I ever left in shame.

I get more upset at myself for fucking up than anyone else. It's probably the same for most of us.

siliconera.com/2016/05/16/capcom-new-monster-hunter-game-along-major-titles-planned/
>In addition to the popular franchise’s upcoming 3DS RPG Monster Hunter Stories, Capcom has plans for a new Monster Hunter title and more according to their financial results briefing for the year ended March 31, 2016.
>Keep in mind that two million units isn’t exactly the number Capcom would expect from a main entry Monster Hunter title, but we’ll likely hear about a new spinoff title for the series [for console] in addition to Monster Hunter Stories, based on what was mentioned in the financial results briefing.

did you reply to the wrong post?

i gave everyone permission to triple cart all day as long as they dont fill my screen with cancer

See, proof that it's all in your mind. The point is: don't sweat it!

I noticed during turn rooms that stuff I put up won't be cleared after completion or stuff others put up will be cleared.

What are the rules on this for multiplayer?

the only quests that don't get a check mark if you post them are dlc quests as they don't ever get check marks. all other quests should give you a check mark if you posted it. village requests (ones with the "..." speech bubble) and deviant quests do not get check marks if you did not post them.

I posted a Cham hub 7 one and I didn't get a checkmark.

Village requests in the hub are like urgents, they're only cleared if you're the one that posts them

dlc do get checkmarks in gen.

as in chameleos? there's two chammy quests and elders rotate. you sure it's the same quest?

same for teo and kush. and kirin in 6* except thunderhorse has 3 quests

Hey guys. What's generally considered the most overpowered weapon in 4U?

Maybe there are just two cham quests in hr 7?

oof, that's probably it. Why would they do this?

IG.

IG wit hstar Gladiator armor.
Great Sword with armor sets that give crit draw or w/e else.

Who's this girl again?

dead thread

Why do people always lay down Anti-Dragon Bombs on Nakarkos' rainbow spot instead of literally anywhere else on the shell?

People don't understand that bombs are flat damage and think they should try to hit the weak spot like everything else.

Gloves Off rewards players for being bad at the game. How is this even considered by some of the shitters I see online?

Since all the HH arts are shit
what is recommended
absolute readiness and ?

Is there any thing in any MH game that trivializes everything as much as Adept.

The other evasion or fucking frenzy virus, FUCKING FRENZY VIRUS

astalos give me the wingtalons they are not even rare come on man

>25% drop
yeah good luck with that

Absolute readiness only
How else would you use the Akantor horn?

New weapons in 4U
je suis monté, and meme blade

but i've got two slots, I can't just have nothing

>area in Volcanic Hollow with spiderwebs and dead, webbed-up wyverns
>no Nerscylla in the game

She was one of the funner monsters.

Why are there so many (relatively) minor things like that that go unexplained?
Sure, the average /v/ or /mhg/ player would know, but randoms make so many fuckups like that.

Because the tutorials in MH are some of the worst ever seen.
The actual weapon tutorials are shat out and don't even explain anything and everything in the game just says "lol go read it in the billion pages of hunter notes" but then the hunters notes don't actually detail everything.

With all the loading screens monster hunter has they should really put down all these little tidbits as hunter tips that show up while loading instead of the same boring 3 frame animation.

At least meme blade needed you to somewhat practice with it. Adept is literally just pressing B, it's the most easy mode shit I've ever seen since Tri.

>astalos changes zones
>run to the zone he's in
>he's on the ground KO'd

What the fuck happened? Are there any small monsters that can inflict KO damage? Can you not KO him while he's flying away, so he went over the KO threshold, flew away, landed, and got KO'd?

EITHER WAY I WORKED HARD FOR THAT KO AND AM UPSET THAT I DID NOT GET IT!

She's my favourite because she kills Gypceros

>overpowered weapons aren't easy
>especially 4U weapons
Repetition and regurgitation are literally the two brothers you meet when playing CB in 4U. You can learn it in the span of an entire hunt, and master it before entering high rank.

You literally cannot stop monsters from feeling. If he hit the K.O. threshold while fleeing he'll not go into K.O., but he'll K.O. once he's in the next area.

>You literally cannot stop monsters from feeling

This is a lie. Straight up miss info

This

Fuck Gypceros.

>flash bombs and dunks

what's wrong with just playing the game?

What happened to gunning down a fleeing rath since 3rd gen?

There is a webm of a tiny Gammoth switching areas and walking over a shock trap and it just moseyed on out of the area, right over the trap.

late night unlocked turns

ID: 17-1369-9915-9022

Can someone who has the Japanese / unreleased DLC available on their copy of Gen please explain to me how you did it? I want to cheat it in, I just don't know where to start.

>she
that meme went too far
t. nerscy lover

If any monster is going to be a she it's the spider one

I stop monsters fleeing all the time with Lance charge in the legs

You can always just directly edit in DLC items.

I want to earn them, I just don't want to wait months to do so. I know at least one person around here has done it (Natalie?) so it's possible, but I can't find any information on how to do it.

>I know what I'll do, I'll just corner the hunter and spam one move after another so he has no hope of sheathing, evading, or fixing this situation in any way whatsoever!
I know it's my fault for getting into that situation in the first place, but seriously. Get fucked.

>theres a video of an abnormal monster glitching
>theres 30000 videos of monsters being knockedbout of the air while fleeing, dying and falling, being flash bombed, or running into traps as they flee

Kill yourself

What's the difference between Jhen and Dahren, mechanics-wise?

samantha blacked

Except it's not a she, it's either.