/fog/ - Fallout General

Nuka World trailer
youtube.com/watch?v=9VSh8tBhJaU

>fog/ Mod Archive
fogmods.weebly.com

>CK
creationkit.com/fallout4/index.php?title=Main_Page

>Fallout 4 General Information (Read Before Asking Questions)
pastebin.com/UkxVHYQB

>Vault Dweller's Survival Guide Links
pastebin.com/x1yeAmcP

>The Art of Fallout 4
mega.nz/#!vQkWVLpD!nBOiJBqgYriOJNkjU8OqxSFOfpKJHYWT6wZunopd6Fg

>Fallout 4 Item IDs
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1J9quAMtGK70aptz0t5teqWHGZJ9T9uvJmzNEBJEB36Q/htmlview?usp=sharing&sle=true

>Fallout 4 Legendary Effects & IDs Guide
pastebin.com/qg0KhsCA

>Fallout 4 Settlement Mods & Information
pastebin.com/QJquVveh

>HOW TO CONVERT SKYRIM / OBLIVION / NV / FO3 ETC MODELS TO FO4 + Bodyslide Guide
pastebin.com/MWEPKj5m

>Fallout 3/NV
pastebin.com/wVAqLvCD

>Archive
boards.fireden.net/vg/search/subject/fog/

>/aco/ Thread
(nsfw)

>/y/ Thread
(nsfw)

Pre-War Thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

mega.nz/#F!ut1zxAaD!N5WVh_BHEuFSWAwAc6QVZQ
a.pomf.cat/bueurl.ogg
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

friendly reminder that the leak is 76% done on mega

SGU is shit.

How to activate the damn DLC what lv do i need ?

blue deathclaw

im more excited about harambe

Friendly reminder that ENCLAVE CONFIRMED

Dicks out for Rad Harambe

The leak is already up tho
mega.nz/#F!ut1zxAaD!N5WVh_BHEuFSWAwAc6QVZQ

Sure, but there's a difference between that and just having to make stuff up, which is what Bethesda makes us do half the time

>Quantumclaw

I called it

It should move so fast that you have to take jet just to be able to see it moving. If you don't all you see is a blue blur and then suddenly ded.

>I prefer clean, cohesive, self-evident narratives.
>pages of exposition spewed at you from a single character

It's Nuka Quantum, not the fucking Speed Force.

this desu some people think tell don't show is good storytelling

is this legit?i only trust leakbro

But its been drinking Quantum until it became blue and glowing, it needs super powers obviously.

REMINDER
>lore will have inconsistencies
>lore will have contrived things
>lore will have plotholes
>lore will sometimes make no sense
The best part of lorefaggotry is working with it, autisming up explanations for these things.
Extrapolating explanations, interpolating purpose.
These are what you must do to decancer your autism.
Work with zenimax's corruption, though it is fucking annoying sometimes, not against it.
Trust me.

Just making stuff up is what I'm talking about, theorycrafting is fun.
Trying to connect the fuckups, building bridges between obscure references, etcetera.

>tfw there are still people who think "show, don't tell" is a real rule

Literally fifth grade shit

GOTTA GO FAAAAAAAAAAAAAST

How do you start the DLC?

Bethesda has neither.

So fast that you need to make your game run in potato mode just to see him?

No, fuck you. I don't need any more of that in my life ever.
>FUCKING SKYFISH

i doubt it
i'm going through with my upload because i've consistently shown proof that i actually have nuka world and also because some people trust me more than a russian site

FULL FORCE DAREYORI MO HAYAKU

So who was the chick in the trailer?

NPC? Random goon?

It may be, perhaps, that both New Vegas and Fallout 4 were both pretty poor with how they presented their settings.

New Vegas went too far in one direction, and executed on it poorly, and 4 went too far in another, and didn't even try to execute on it.

Hopefully Bethesda will learn from the feedback they've been getting, and we'll see something better come out next. Getting worked up isn't going to get you anywhere, because ultimately almost everybody in these threads already has the game, and you can't singlehandedly bring down Bethesda. There's no sense in getting mad.

Yep, just finished downloading.

It just gets to be too much at a certain point. All too often it devolves into tumblr-tier headcanon shit.

You can't say 4 isn't a step up for them, they actually included more than one good boy faction and some faction related CHOICE in the main storyline so maybe they'll be better for the next one.

Worse

VAATI-tier

new companion's perk is just preston's

Tell us if it works

Fallout 4 didn't go far enough in the "Show" or the "Tell" direction- admittedly NV was too much lengthy exposition, but at least it was well-written.

>You should do what the devs were supposed to but are either too lazy or incompetent
Sure thing my dude.

I bet you don't even fucking D = E = B

>Theres no esm
get btfo barneyfag

He better be Australian

EYO COBBER WE GOT OURSELVES A NEW SETTLEMENT WHAT NEEDS RAIDING M8 I'LL LEAVE IT WITH YOU BOSS

>It just gets to be too much at a certain point.
I've never actually seen serious lorefagging on /fog/; It normally descends into shitposting about obsidian and bethesda to be perfectly honest.
>All too often it devolves into tumblr-tier headcanon shit.
Just tell headcanonfags to fuck off.
Digging through lore, and try and connect existing shit is how you do it.
Don't settle on things, just speculate.

There is nothing you can do about shitty devs, but remember, the GAME and the LORE are separate entities.
Game influences lore, but game is not lore.
Just as lore influences game, but lore is not game.

>yfw you realize D+D=T

come on dude its literally right there

HAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

It works.

it's legit

are you implying mechanics != lore?
this is truly revolutionary

They're clearly learning from their past mistakes. I hardly think their next Fallout game will be a masterpiece, but no game truly is.

Fallout 4 has some very well written segments, and some exceptionally poorly written segments, the same as New Vegas, and is ultimately a very different style of game. It's nice to see that Bethesda took at least a few notes from what worked in New Vegas, so hopefully things will continue to improve on that front, if only a little.

>Just tell headcanonfags to fuck off.
But the amount that Bethesda gives us often *forces* us to do it.

Don't get me wrong, I love theorycrafting. But I personally don't think Bethesda does a good job of setting up the framework.

Any info on how it triggers? Any rank req's?

at least he won't call you general

>thirst zapper
>water as ammo
>no damage
GUN IN MOUTH ANIMATION BETHESDA???

>Current Mods
>Squirt Gun

can you get a screenshot of the AK in the workbench?

that entrance is honestly...a little disappointing.

Does this DLC add new settlements?

There are tons of places in FO4 that would be fine for settling, but aren't for some reason. I'd like it if you could ally yourself with the raiders you find the least objectionable, and take over legitimate raider hideouts in the Commonwealth, and take them over. And when you have it under your control the enemies there no longer spawn. AND you can tell them what they can and cannot do, basically normal settlers but a little rough around the edges, but not omnicidal maniacs. And if you keep them fed and happy with food (maybe make it so they won't farm, so you have to have robots / settlers farming for them, they will provide other services like helping you get guns, ammo, and other things.

Do you honestly think the two are on par in terms of writing?

Because I felt Fo3 had a significant leg up on Fo4 in a lot of places.

what happened to all of the fucking raiders and robots and fucking everything?

>literally says transit center
he hasn't even left Boston yet you retard

Fallout 3 Alien blaster!

>squirt gun
>water
>damage

Not just mechanics, plenty of things, references aren't going to be canon, overlooked plotholes can be patched up.
I've seen plenty of bitching about how radiant quests aren't realistic and stuff.

From what I tell, part of the problem is no one focuses on politics, relationships between groups.
People tend to focus too much on the PC and things like that.
Focus on the WORLD.
Not on the people.

Any new unarmed?

Pretty sure that's the train station that takes you from the Commonwealth to Nuka World.

>Because I felt Fo3 had a significant leg up on Fo4 in a lot of places.

Fo3 as a single narrative is more coherent, yes. It is literally your standard adventure YA novel except your protag is slightly older than the average YA protag.

FNV as well, which takes most of its inspiration from the Poncho movies, then upsizes them to a grand scale. Your opinion on whether or not it works.

FO4 is all over the place because it doesn't really have an identity, unlike the previous two 3D games.

It just looks like the entrance to the train station.

Where is it?

hold on nvm

new companion voice file
a.pomf.cat/bueurl.ogg
not an aussie

>unarmed
>getting anything
>ever

Are there any new ballistic handguns?

REEEEEEEEE somebody please hire a shitposter to fix this immediately

At least Fah Habah had a decent one.

Is that a Southern drawl?

Good point. I think the VA definitely exacerbates things- if you have a real "main character", you probably should have some kind of narrative story.

im not asking for damage I was just noticing it had no damage and wondering if you actually shoot yourself in the mouth to ZAP THIRST with it since it has ammo

2 revolvers at least

seems like it

Fallout 3 did a lot more with environmental storytelling that wasn't just wacky skeletons, but had a main story that fell flat all over the place.

Fallout 4's environmental storytelling is pretty poor, but it's main plot (ignoring the issues some players have with railroading or being forced to play a particular character,) is much better put together than Fallout 3's, if more limited.

I'd go so far as to say you can't really compare the two. They're just too different in execution.

Where in the Commonwealth is the entrance located?

Fah Hahbah got a meat hook

oh since people were complaining about dlcs not being able to share content, just going to point out that vault-tec workshop can show all companions, not just vanilla ones. Longfellow is in the list of trackables

>2 revolvers at least

FUUUUUUUUCCCCCCKKKK YYYYEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSS

fallout 4 environmental storytelling isn't just wacky skeletons either but those locations are overlooked because it doesn't fit the narrative of the meme

>but had a main story that fell flat all over the place.

The main story of Fo3 was competently executed.

The problem was that it was from a genre that is inherently dumb, so no matter how competently you execute it, still gonna be dumb.

It's lit

Where is this located?

>but it's main plot (ignoring the issues some players have with railroading or being forced to play a particular character,) is much better put together than Fallout 3's, if more limited.
Honestly, I don't think so. Fo3 was an odyssey, that took you to different places and events in a real way to tell a story with actual themes. A shitty one, but a story nonetheless.

What were the themes in the Fallout main story? Sapience was there, but never actually addressed in any significant death.

>were complaining
No they weren't they wanted to know how it works. I'm assuming you're the one who sperged out.

Could you cite an example?

No I'm the one who was sperged out on. pointing out the fact that there are dlcs that share content directly opposes mr sperg

O BOY WE WILL SEE

Sorry, I was exaggerating. There *is* environmental storytelling in Fallout 4, but I'd argue that it's overshadowed by lots of sight gags and sillyness of that sort.

I'd disagree. Fo3 had some serious plotholes that compromise the entire plot (magical teleporting Enclave troops, for instance.) At least Fallout 4 functions without entire sections of the story being at odds with the rest of the game.

>Meta-reference to new material and updated raider gangs in raider-centric dlc
I already see this being a solid 6.5/10 only good for the assets

And Emil really is a poor writer.

Not that I can see. There's a ton of melee weapons, though.

hERE WE GO TO ADVETURE

Will Nuka World have anything memorable as the Toaster from NV?

That's (bad) dialogue, user, not plot. We're talking about plot.

That said

>tfw Fo3 actually HAD ability checks that weren't only Charisma

I blame Todd for this

>The main story of Fo3 was competently executed

kek no

New mods or totally new weapon?

My reinhard build is gonna enjoy this DLC.

north? of diamond city there is a police barricade with lines set up to probably distribute food and supplies to people from a trailer
its been enclosed with fencing and shipping containers but theres a forklift near the back that's lifted a container so it probably got overrun by looters
I remember people being slumped over some of the lines so cops probably started shooting people

The new handmade rifle can be turned into a pistol, and there's some kind of legendary .44 revolver.