/hbg/ - Homebrew & Hacking General

"Dead Scene" Edition

Previous Thread: /hbg/ Wiki: homebrew-general.wikia.com

-SAFE FIRMWARES-
3DS: 9.2 (Downgrade: 10.7 - Homebrew: Browser/Menuhax up to 11.0)
Wii U: 5.5.1
Vita: 3.60 (Userland)
PS4: 1.76 (Kernel)

-GUIDES-
3DS: pastebin.com/TQwDsWh9
Downgrade + a9lh: github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki
Wii U: pastebin.com/8u0WAyJC
Vita: pastebin.com/4QBkYbFD

-RECENT NEWS-
>3DS
-11.0 Browserhax & Menuhax are out now! smealum.github.io/3ds/
-Install Menuhax ASAP if you're not already on CFW, because Nintendo can block Browserhax remotely without a workaround. twitter.com/smealum/status/758450605568372736
-You STILL can't downgrade, use CFW or install .cia files from 11.0 without a hardmod or hacked system transfer. github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki/DSiWare-Downgrade

>Wii U
-Kernel exploit for 5.5.1 leaked, allowing Loadiine to run and more.
-Development on IOSU allegedly underway i.imgur.com/6f4Ktlh.png
-Enter 104.236.072.203 under DNS Settings to block updates.

>Vita
-New Vita update released. It patches HENkaku.
-Homebrew available now on firmware 3.60. henkaku.xyz
-Yifan Lu denies H's work on reverse-engineering HENkaku as actual progress.

>PS4
-HENkaku ported to PS4 firmware 3.55 github.com/Fire30/PS4-3.55-Code-Execution-PoC

Other urls found in this thread:

gbatemp.net/entry/my-first-week-in-eleventh-grade-plus-bonus.11530/
reddit.com/r/vitahacks/comments/4y0f1f/koth_progress/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>it doesn't actually format the SD to something that can be opened by windows
>have to slowly reformat

REEE

gbatemp.net/entry/my-first-week-in-eleventh-grade-plus-bonus.11530/

posting this since I'll come back later to finish reading

>"Dead Scene" Edition
Man I hate low quality shitposting.

far enough to where you can install gba cias

The Vita scene isn't really alive. HENkaku lived up things for 2 weeks, and it was really exciting and then Yifan Lu spat on our faces.

The realization the "exciting scene revival" was just half-baked Rejuvenate ports of half-baked emulators isn't exactly a sign of life.

I have the preinstalled MH4U on the n3ds, should I make a NNID before attempting the CFW? Am I able to redownload the game though the eshop without one? Although to use the eshop I need to update the system (currently on 9.2).

What about moonlight on vita? It's pretty much the only reason I didn't update my vita today.

It's still an alpha build, but if someone takes the source code and keeps improving on it then we have an awesome equivalent to the Wii U's "GamePad" for PC gaming.

just backup the save you can just download the game for free when you're done

Have you ever used moonlight or a WiiU's game pad. Because your statement was beyond retarded.

It's more like remote play but to your pc instead of you ps4.

Reminder that groups of people actively seek out, report, and generally undermine any and all attempts to bring homebrew to the vita, with me being one of them

Does it also work with emulators?

Now THAT I am excited for. IF ONLY SOME FUCKER WOULD BUILD THE NEWEST VERSION AS A .vpk SOMETIME.

Reposting:

How do I use luma pathchanger to keep Bootanim9 but being able to play Smash/MH4U

Do I drag the arm9loaderhax_si.bin or the ar9payload.bin from the anim folder to the program?

And how will it work, do I need to press a button when loading those games or what

Please help

Wii U's gamepad off-TV play is pretty much the same as Remote Play, you're playing a console (or PC in Moonlight's case) on a another device that's serving as a dummy unit.

It streams from your PC to your Vita. Literally everything on your PC works with it. It's inputs count as XBox 360 control inputs, too.

>tfw I bought a 3.60 vita this weekend thinking "the scene will blow up for sure"

I can't believe I actually fucked something up at part 1 of the guide, but here we go...

I followed all of the steps, but when I get to "Use the Start button to reboot" it reboots me right back into the homebrew launcher. What did I do wrong?

The only things I can think of are that I somehow fucked up the launch input or some files are incorrect.

As has been stated last thread:

Vita isn't dead. It WILL be cracked, it will only take longer than we thought because Yifan is a cockgobbling faggot that wants attention.

Your own fault for falling for the meme

All we can do is believe people will continue to try reverse-engineer HENkaku and not being turned off by Yifan's douchebag responses/goalpost--moving from today.

... Or someone to break inside Yifan's house and steal his PC to leak the HENkaku source code.

It works with anything you can get the launcher to launch. So far I have only tried visual novels.

Yea, don't worry someone will soon. I've had moonlight on my phone for a while and it's VERY good, even good enough for remote playing, remote as in not on the same lan.

Pretty sure you can't play games remotely over the internet with the wiiu tablet.

>from today

Where is this dismissive comment? Couldn't find shit on twitter or his site.

Is this said solely out of wounded pride? Because it'd be hilarious if it remains uncracked for years after this

>over the internet
Got me there buddy. Unless playing MH3U online while on the bathroom counts somehow.

I'm trying to install HENkaku Android in case yifanlu goes full on drama and takes the website down but I can't seem to do it.

keep getting 'this app isn't compatible with your phone'. it's probably simple but I'm a retard when it comes to phones.

It's on the go-back.

> Yifan's douchebag responses/goalpost--moving from today.

What do you mean by that? I thought he was always anti piracy.

On Leddit.

reddit.com/r/vitahacks/comments/4y0f1f/koth_progress/

>inb4 "You have to go back"
Another user posted it in the previous thread, not his fault Yifan posts on that place.

>wounded pride

wut? I'm just stating facts based off literally every console ever released. No console hasn't been cracked if it's even remotely popular.

I mean, are you trying to say that the Vita will NEVER be cracked? You're delusional, m8.

You have to go back.

Remote play on the vita is really good if you have decent internet. I play from work a lot, it's just too bad I only have 5 ps4 games, but connecting to my pc changes the ball game.

>goalpost--moving from today.
But listing function calls without showing any explanation of what's actually going on is not reverse-engineering, he never moved the goalpost.

On reddit he simply said that the progress towards REing Henkaku is really slow and that at the current pace he expects it to take at least a year to be fully RE'd.

He promised to release the source code as people/anyone began reverse-engineer it.

As H began to go far really fast, he backpedaled today that his work doesn't count, it has to be PERFECTLY elaborated on. A hack on a console known for tight security that took years to happen, Yifan first said he expected that to take a few months, now back-pedaled to years. It's obvious he just wants fame and doesn't care about the actual Vita scene.

>On reddit he simply said that the progress towards REing Henkaku is really slow and that at the current pace he expects it to take at least a year to be fully RE'd.

The hero that vita deserves, but not the hero that it needs right now. Piracy might actually help the vita.

The douchebag responses being referred to are

>Lol it's going to take years at this rate ;)
>You realize if it takes years the scene will be dead by then, right?
>"Well then we should plan the funeral."

That's just straight up faggotry. He'll let the scene die so he can suck as much attention as possible out of the situation.

>At this point I would be very surprised if anyone 1) figures out step 2 by next month. And I mean figure out not just list function calls made. Answer why we make those calls. And 2) figures out the next step by next year.

and its not like yifan lu ever moved goal posts, dont know why peps though it would get cracked so soon. that is pretty much what was requested in the koth challenge

>The idea is as follows: we (molecule) are currently the kings of the hill. You (challenger) can claim the throne by reversing our hack (HENkaku) and explaining it.

I did this for US game and US DLC on EU 3DS

"USA EN" in the .txt file and it failed to recognise the DLC, it worked when I had NTR months ago

Did I do it wrong?

Not him, but it IS a fact he's doing this wild goose chase of a challenge out of wounded pride since back in 2012-ish when he asked help to make HENkaku nobody answered the call, people preffered to focus on the 3DS, Android and iOS

Those posts weren't referring to Yifan, user.

In short, he revived the scene just to kill it again.

This is why kids shouldn't be important figures in anything.

Butt hurt pirates, just like the anti denovu fags.

theyve waited 4 years, they can wa8t another six months or a year before we see something.

in the meantime the vita is currently the most comfortable to use emulation portable and seems to be constantly improving

There's already a plenty of other portable emulation alternatives that perform leagues better.

In the guide there's the following:
>Copy and merge the 3ds folder from the PlaiSysUpdater zip to root of your SD card

>Copy and merge the 3ds folder from the EmuNAND9 zip to root of your SD card

is it JUST the 3ds folder? Since inside the zip file there are more files outside the 3ds folder.

wew lad

Not many of them can play vita games or remote play to a ps4.

You don't need to do that, just get the mail app exploit.

none that are more comfortable. my phone can do it all, but it is a much better experience on the vita

You have to go back.

Go back

back to the shack

But you can't keep playing unless you update.

But if you update you loose HENkaku. See the issue here?

THIS IS HOW YOU REVITALIZE A SCENE

Point taken, the D-Pad on the Vita is top-tier.

Yakkity yak.

What did he mean by this?

>But you can't keep playing unless you update.

But I am playing vita games on my vita with henkaku? What the fuck are you talking about?

>But you can't keep playing unless you update.
What did he mean by this?

>le assblasted h.a.l.f.channer meme

he likes to tweet random philosophical so7nding shit?

He's gonna start a religion devoted to furry sex and attention whoring.

Remote Play, unless you avoid updating your PS4 as well.

I dont know, that he'll kill the HENkaku site maybe?

I'm one of the biggest piratefags and I don't even care this much that we haven't gotten piracy not even 3 weeks after Henkaku was released. The sense of entitlement out of the posts in this thread just reeks of butthurt 3ds babies.

He means he has never owned a vita and is pulling shit out of his ass because he is a butthurt pirate. Moonlight on vita is going to be god. GBA and sprite games are amazing on the oled.

Fucking kids thinking they're deep

You mean re-Vita-lize?

I meant the remote play Nah, 3DS babies wanted to purge out all Vita content, remember the one time 2 weeks ago when all Vita content was removed from the OP for an entire thread?

Holy shit how old is this guy? Thirteen?

>Moonlight on vita is going to be god.
>I Have an AMD card

>Have to own an nVidia GPU to use it

Fuck everything

>this thread just reeks of butthurt 3ds babies.

You just realized that? I'm sure not even half of the people complaining even own vitas by the looks of their complaints and shit like comparing the vita to a WiiU tablet.

RIP brother

And what better way to purge it than to spread slander and infighting amongst the Vita scene? It awfully reminds me of that >3dstechsupport guy's style of shitposting.

It's alright, us Nvidiafags are left waiting for someone to BUILD THE FUCKING .vpk

>butthurt 3ds babies
We have more 'brew, why would we be butthurt?

this is what we get for wanting piracy...

but you have no games

>I can play my Steam library from work during coffee breaks with this

We have one thing vitafags don't have:

Piracy.

It's surprisingly stable already. Hope they can keep improving it at this pace.

3ds fags got mad that there memes were taken away after the vita got more games.

>not being an idort already

Both consoles cost around 100 bucks. You'd have to be a literal child or a fanboy to not own both.

Really now? Neato, I'll give it a go once I find a freaking .vpk

Why own a vita when I have no use for it? None of the games fancy me, that doesn't make me a fanboy.

Itt: butthurt, butthurt everywhere

The guy is a prick but if this was what happened to you youd probably do the same.

Fuck no, I wouldn't be a huge bitch. Progress is worth more than your own hurt feelings.

If you incessantly make "us vs them" type posts about a console you should be ambivalent about, you are a fanboy.

And all you have for the next couple of years is Mario, Pokemon, and Monster Hunter. I own both consoles and my 3ds will be gathering dust in the drawer.

>If I think that the entire world revolves around me, it'll become true!

Just let it die.
I'll remove the Vita links next thread so lets just forget about this fiasco.

Fuck off Yifan

Fuck off vitagen

The timing of the whole koth thing doesn't make any sense.

I want to get bright minds interested in the vita which is btw the mostest secure thing ever, which I know because I dicked around with a 3ds and a kindle before. I'm going to throw down my challenge right in the middle of GCC, lbsctf, defcon, and blackhat. There is no way that those things woud be more compelling to the best and brightest than my challenge.

BTW I'm also holding a track and field competition right now. There is no way that would conflict with anything important.

Unfortunately for you I already called your bluff a hundred years ago. Now fuck off.

The ENTIRE KOTH challenge doesn't make sense once you realize Yifan KNOWS this shit is going to take years. It does make sense once you realize Yifan literally could not give less of a fuck about the Vita scene, though.

The same goes for the person who called 3DS users babies.
You're overgeneralizing the issue in your defense and acting as if your word is the general consensus.

The bogeyman isn't out to get you. Calm down

Are you the same 3DS fanboy who went on a rampage saying Vita homebrew was cancer and even made a stawpoll?

No, because the post meant "3ds babbies" as in, fuckers whose first console they hacked was a 3DS and don't realize the scene doesn't just accomplish shit within weeks magically.

This was obviously implied, you're just a dumb fanboy who took offense.

Anyone know why the FBI_inject_with_banner.app doesn't show up in decrypt9? i have double checked that i put it in the root of the SD card. Only hs.app shows up

remove hs.app from your sd