/scg/, /edg/: Star Citizen and Elite Dangerous General

Thread #11: Gamescom NOW edition

>What is this?

Merge general of Elite Dangerous and Star Citizen

>Elite: Dangerous information pastebin. Update as needed.
pastebin.com/ZT9GWmaC (embed)

Gamescom info (I think?):
community.elitedangerous.com/eventseason16

-----------------------------------------------------------
>Star Citizen information pastebin. Update as needed.
pastebin.com/UNEJYGHp (unembed)

>2.5 is PTU now btw
>Freefly for anyone willing to try soon™

SC has a gamescom Idris booth being setup. Details about their event here:
robertsspaceindustries.com/comm-link/transmission/15451-Gamescom-2016-Details

-----------------------------------------------------------
>other games
if it doesn't have a general, come on in. just don't get upset about sharing.
Here's a pastebin with games you can play while waiting for SC to be finished or for E:D to be fun:
pastebin.com/cugkem8w (embed)

Last thread: (Cross-thread)

OK people. Do not get on the hype trains. Keep low expectations to not be dissapointed, as I'm sure SCfags know this well anyway. Also, expect many of the people from many months past to come back and shitpost. Avoid the bait so that we can stay /comfy/ although you guys seem to do a good job at that already. Keep it up bruvs.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=tIn1_9YvGds
robertsspaceindustries.com/promotions/Gamescom-Free-Fly-2016
youtube.com/watch?v=e3gOrS251oQ
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

The actual link to the previous thread

Does any sort of High-Tech Systems exist near Sothis that sells High-End Fuel Scoops for the Type-7? I made the mistake of longrange hauling with a shitty scoop and now I'm stuck recharging with 18.3/s

First for Gamescom today

Newholm sells a 5A scoop.

I'm glad these threads exist. I love you all.

I bought my ship there and it had no stock for the Type-7 Yesterday

You can't have two scoops, so you'd need to sell the old one first before you can buy a new one.

Or it could just be out of stock. It carries up to 5A and 6B but they're not always available.

When's that sale habbenin mang?

gamescom hype?

Alright, I should camp there and the scoops.

Probably starting on Friday, I dunno.

What size slot did you try to buy for? iirc Sothis has no size 2 or 3 scoops so if you try to stick one in a size 2 slot they'll only have class 1 available.

CIG's sales and page updates usually go up around 12:00pm pacific time.

Chris...

So will Braben have a seizure again?

Yeah but Gamescom sales usually start on Friday before or during the event.

Is that an Alienware laptop?

Newholm has been UA-bombed. No use trying there.

What sale?

I hate Prof. Palin so goddamn much.

SC Gamescom sale. New ship + some of the old limited ones.

fuck im logged out there :o

That M50 needs to happen.

Overcome with Vision. No mortal mind can withstand it's glory.

youtube.com/watch?v=tIn1_9YvGds

So? You can still refuel and enter/exit the station at will. Just can't sell shit or do missions. Try Robigo instead.

Can't wait for the mini reclaimer terrapin sale

[Spoiler]the reclaimer size increase hasty replaced the mini cutter with the terrapin [/spoiler]

>mfw already been to the core before rngineers hit

At least I'm doing 35LY laden each jump. Boring as shit though. I'm not even stopping to scan, I just honk my horn and jump.

I've thought about killing myself when I get there to save time, but then I'd LOSE MY FUCKING ENGINEER MATS THAT I'M FUCKING CARRYING FIVE THOUSAND LIGHTYEARS OUT BECAUSE WE CAN'T STORE THEM BECAUSE FUCK

>I've thought about killing myself
you play E:D. do it

robertsspaceindustries.com/promotions/Gamescom-Free-Fly-2016 It's here

Doesn't look like people will Free Fly with 2.5

I was thinking zero g unsecured cockpit stuff would be nice to have. All the detritus of a single human being in a confined space for any period of time. Coffee cups, used tissues, empty bags of toffees and powerbar wrappers, fading green and white fanfold printouts of Local Security Office bounty receipts, scribbled notes of trades, dust-bunnies, doodles, Polaroid hard copies of debug camera selfies*, styrofoam trays of chef meal leftovers, Unintelligent Furry Felines, empty Feu Orange air fresheners, wax strip backing sheets, comic books (put The Fang in game), empty bottles of knockoff Lavian Brandy, odd socks, empty stim-pack blisters, slowly decaying apple cores, sachets of graphite lube, handheld video games, dogeared A-Z of The Old Worlds, unfinished scale models of FE2 ships not in ED, plushies, tools, broken bobbleheads and favourite blankets.

They'd slowly increase in number over time since leaving port at a rate depending on the number of crew and the size of the ship, and on violent manuevering, say an interdiction, they would all crash into the canopy and float around like a trash snowglobe. The repair screen in station would gain a 'Interior Valet' item and rich or fussy Commanders could buy a miniature Collection Drone that would keep the worst of it down.

>people won't fly free in the PTU
Are you retarded or something? They never have

I mean that 2.5 won't hit public for the Free Fly

>All that shit floating around the cockpit.

I can remember no instance in which CIG put out a new public version in time for a free flight.

Without engineer mods I could only jump 40LY in my Exploraconda

Id dig that. A while back I thought itd be interesting to have like a cockpit cat, that has a bunch of routines where it likes to laze in certain spots and path around, assuming this has gravity. Maybe one of its spot would be halfway through a virtual display and it doesnt give a shit

You know a ship's life support system includes recycling for refuse, right?

Derek Smart on the left hand wall

This is an almost completely stripped down Asp with level 5 FSD range upgrade. Everything except PD and PP is d-ranked. I'm also carrying 15 tons of engie mats.

The real reason why though is the fact that I've filled all the other internals with fuel. I can jump around 800~ LY without stopping. Pretty sure it saves time overall.

>he doesn't recognise blatant dadposting

>wake up
>still no free flight
>still cant download

fucking shit........ when will it start?

Did you even read the thread?

JUST woke up
still wasted

I dont know whats happening

>wasted on a tuesday night

please respond

what did you mean

>soon™
did you mean this?

user, respong bleeze :D:D:DXDXD

Power plants are a bit of an oddball in that the A rank of a smaller size is both lighter and higher output than the D rank of the next size up.

So really no reason not to go A rank for heat efficiency. You can just go down in size instead of rank to save mass while retaining max heat efficiency.

>>wasted on a tuesday night
the live of a Student in germany while vacation

>live
its "life" sorry for that

>what did he mean by that

>Asp

bud go the fuck back to sleep and just lurk until you're sober

will the gameplay streaming be anything new or just current version?

Not sure at least for SC. My guess is that they will stream Star Marine or 2.6 but it's anyones guess at this point. I think the stream starts in an hour

There's no way they're having 2.6 on the showfloor. At the Friday event, sure. But they'll stream 2.4.1 or some version of 2.5 on the booth.

Streaming Star marine would be a great incentive for people to come to their booth

:^)

I think its MSI

SC Gamescom stream from the boothstarting in 22 minutes plus the usual delay.

fuck I feel hyped even though I only expect nothing to happen today

What are they playing on the bottom window it's too small for me to see

I think I saw one of the Olisar or Karea airlocks in cam 3.

Look at the categories in the bottom middle.
nothing will happen

PLEASE BE EXCITED

I wish Veeky Forums enabled sound webms

Has anyone here played Everspace?

Tfw just finished my 100 mil grind for the FDL just 3 days before Sothis got UA bombed.

I'm sitting at work for atleast 4 more hours what is happening ?

yeah, it's casual-tier and gets old pretty quickly, but it's entertaining enough for a few hours

Nothing important. Just Lando and some streamers they flew in sperging around at the booth.

Do I need higher rank with the Empire to get access to their good stuff in high-tech systems?

Every time I roll into a high-tech economy (there are surprisingly few) I can't find ANYTHING to replace my 1G multicannons. I refuse to believe there isn''t anything better so the game is holding out on me

what do

blow yourself out an airlock, obviously

halp my speakers broken

pls post whats happen

I want to fuck CMDR Rhea

Raffle time

>tfw just finished my Corvette grind the day before Sothis got UA bombed

A rated and everything, 150M to spare

>exploring in a conda

never again

it's gonna be nothing isn't it

Well we always have the Friday Party stream

youtube.com/watch?v=e3gOrS251oQ

Who UA bombed the dads? Lots of 10/10 butthurt going around.

>dads UA bombed

what?

How soul crushing is the grind for Corvette and what's the best way to go about it? Just doing fed missions over and over?

>streamer spent an hour doing fuck all in the hangar
Great stream CIG.

>implying you'll have a soul at the end

Your soul gets replaced with VISION, user.

Alright, but where do I go for the soul-to-VISION transplant?

>I didn't win the raffle.

Are they going to have any CIG staff on later maby some people from the German studio?

sothis

They probably would have shown better stuff during the week but now that they have that gamescom party they will keep the best stuff for that 100 %

Probably not. 1,5 hours now and they've only shown the hangar so far. Even more disappointing than I expected.

anyone else expecting the stream to be raided by people asking fdev to unfuck the engineers?

how big is your spoiler?

Hows the corvette fly compared to an annie? I despise driving the annie on so many levels from supercruise to docking.

more agile and a whole lot less drifting

mine has DD3 and even Eagles have a hard time escaping my arc of fire. The two huge hardpoint placements are GOAT, especially for kinetics

Try the Cutter, It will make you love your annie

being interdicted and immediately shot down for 4t of engie commodities is so fun and interesting

Hhhhnnggg. Welp time to grind for one after i grind for ranks. Lt commander now so this wont be too long.

fed grind is horrible right now
I would suggest waiting for a better opportunity
I feel that passenger update will add additional rank exploits

I already want to go back to the fas. I keep looking at how the fas is almost perfect for me and maybe i should buy horizons then quickly shake the vision overcomming me.

If hope sc pans out that fidelity keeps trying to get me throw money at it as well.

implying roberts wont sell rovers for 50$ a pop

they are selling the argo for 30 and its barely a scooter in the sc universe

How do I free fly if I already have an account? This website is awful to navigate...