(Cross-thread)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=x8Uiogf1PC8
youtube.com/watch?v=Zb_jg5z_A8c
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>it's just 10 bucks
true as.
although that's like ten hours with kit kat's mom

Stunt show going on today. Really don't feel like riding 2 hrs away after helping something move

Patriotic festival at the beach it is.

What's dbt doing today

Someone*

replaced the huge stock blinkers with some smaller ones

I just sold my ninja 250!
Yay.

Now what do I do?

same on the front

buy wr125

What year/condition/how much?

Lol. Those are pretty massive.
Much more streamline now man

Buy a goldwing

Does $1700 sounds like a good deal for a 98 cbrf3?
Good tires. Goes thru all gears. Apparently recently done oil change spark plugs and carbs...

turbobusa

fuckin' an animal

>giant empty bracket
>new signals look cheap as fuck
Looks like shit though.

Buy a six hunnid

Go on

one time I fucked a moose

better than huge ones that started sloping down because they are heavy as fuck desu

I'm not willing to spend anymore time on this song

Has anyone tried a Honda Dual Clutch (auto) bike? I'm not into sports bikes and so this tempts me. Is this sacrilege?

How about a manual non sport bike. Plenty of options. Otherwise you might as well get a scooter

I've owned 3 (NC750, VFR1200, CRF1000L). They're great for commuting through town, especially if the drivers are too psychotic for lane splitting. It's not a perfect technology, there's a definite learning curve but I think it's better than manual unless you want to pull wheelies (in theory, it's capable of it).

I'd definitely suggest a test ride, some people can't get on with it.

See >

X T 6 0 0
T

>does not answer the question
>actually shows that he has experience and gives good advice, goes against the grain but explains himself why
>piggybacking namefag

>tfw get my knee down for the first time and immediacy lowside in the next corner
Why even live?

the skid demon loves cocky riders

is that what you ride?

CB1100EX would be nice but out of my price range

You sound like you'd ride a nice cafe racer

The good news is you've proven to yourself that you can do it, just take it as a learning experience that you need to continue practicing and perhaps a bit less aggressively.

no

How badly? Perhaps it might be worth living without a bike for a bit until you can afford it.

>not into sportbikes
Go get a cruiser you fkn cuck

Sorry your post was shit. Here, this might help.

my nigga.

Le M'lady

then what what the fuck

I have taken a ride on one, its quite convinient for a commuter. It can be a tad slow to react at times however. I also suggest a test ride to see if you like it.

Fuck off nobike.

you were asking what to do, I made a suggestion
what's unclear?

Buy another 250 and turbo it.

I have their entire discography on my phone.
Hoping I'm off for the Gwarbq this year. Was fkn amazing last year

>It can be a tad slow to react at times however
They definitely stiffened up the response time with each generation and the shifting is much more aggressive on the VFR than the NC. The DCT on the Africa Twin also accounts for gradient, automatically giving you a lower gear for both up and down hill to assist with acceleration and engine braking respectively.

I'm a pleb so I only have a few songs. They're an awesome bunch.
>Gwarbq
What the hell, that's a thing? Shitttt. I need some good spice in my stomach.

Yea man, look it up. It's a two day event. It's spectacular.
And is always good to swing by the GWAR bar while in Richmond.

Damn, I ought to head on down there some time.
>need a bike
>still lookin

Pfft. Fuck it, if you're in the area you can use one of mine. Gwar and motorcyclesee. That would be a pretty epic man-date

is 690 duke a bad bike?

Only if you believe the anti-KTM meemsters

Fun bike if you have a torque addiction. Not the quickest things though

No homo.
There's a pretty nice newer rebel 250 for $1.5, but I fear it'll only take me tops 70mph with the little engine.
I'll get one man. All in good time. It's in The National, Richmond, aye?
>NOVA

>On the French motorway
>Listening to Scherzo for Motorcycle
>Nazi theme plays
>Old GS in matte green suddenly joins the motorway
>Involuntarily try to outrun it

Better than no bike at all man.

That's where day 1 is. The warm up bands pretty much. The second day is all the big bands and GWAR of course.

roughly how long do insurance payouts take to happen?

My accident was on the 2nd of March. They keep telling me the claim is 'ongoing'.
I just want my damn bike back.

Thinking about getting one to own after I have some experience with the used 250 bike we currently own right now.

I need your help bike mechanics.

I bought an 05 ninja 250 last week and it was running fine when I got it, but I fucked something up I think by running it with the choke on full too much. Now it doesn't idle at all without the choke on.

Also I tried to play around with the idle adjustment screw and the bike doesn't respond to it at all. It's turned out all the way and I actually have no perception now of where it's supposed to be.

The bike actually runs OK, it just idles really high (around 2k-3k). Vid below is me riding it today:

youtube.com/watch?v=x8Uiogf1PC8

Any ideas on how I can fix this? Zero mechanic skills and all the shops are booked out two weeks in advance because of the season. I have read that I should just put some carb cleaner in the gas and beat the shit out of the bike by redlining it everywhere and in general being really rough which may help shove some of the gunk out in the carbs.

It took me about 8 months from the accident to the money ending up in my account, pester them at least weekly.

how many accidents have you had while riding? i want to get a bike,but my main fear is ending up on a fucking wheel chair

6, mostly on the 125. Wear decent armour and try not to end up under a truck. Part of the fun of riding is taking a machine that by all rights should murder your ass every time you get on it and taming that smug bastard.

Gay
1 time in the past 2 years. It really depends on your luck and how clumsy/ retarded you are. If you dont have two brain cells to work together like this guy then i would stay away from bikes

Who here actually likes bobbers?

Fuck 8 months? I wrecked my bike at the beginning of may, just sent over the appraisal to my insurance guy(12k to repair, worth maybe 8k so it's totalled).

I hope it doesn't take that long... I miss riding so bad.

>thinking you've tamed your bike

No wonder you've wrecked so much

Are there any manufacturers that make off-the-shelf boots in grotesquely wide fittings? I'm currently wearing size 12 (UK) boots as the shortest my feet will fit in, even though in length I'm a size 7/7.5. Not idea in terms of actually fitting and offering good protection.
At the moment, the only option I can find is Altberg's custom fitting, which requires me to travel up to Scotland and fork out £600 for the last making + £200 for the boots.

got the license for 8 months, dropped the 125 once while going 30km/h on ice, fell on my elbow but nothing really happened, was wearing full gear
also dropped the CB500 against a wall while maneuvring

Just keep hassling them. Don't simply accept that it's ongoing, ask what's going on at every stage. They fouled up and lost paperwork for everything from the appraisal to the payout. At one stage, I'd argued them up by a grand on the payout then, when the receipt for the payout came through, they'd 'forgotten' all about it. Keeping records and demanding everything in writing also helps.

There are people that just seem to "get it" when it comes to being a good driver and anticipating what other drivers are going to do. I think it's genetic honestly but you can see it when they drive that they are just on a different level of awareness than most people.

Then you have people that don't get it...and decide to drive a motorcycle anyway. These are the idiots that get wrecked at intersections, hit people backing out of their driveways, hit oncoming traffic during canyon runs, etc...

The issue is that even the first category of driver will succumb to user error crashes sometimes. You just make a regular turn and hit a cobblestone walkway (very popular here) thrown in the middle or road snake and you'll slide out and wreck.

If you know you're a good driver then you'll be fine unless you encounter some incredibly terrible luck or the minor user error accident every now and then.

Once. On about my 4th/5th time out, took a corner too fast in the rain exiting a roundabout (poor signage, thought I'd missed my turn and it turns out it was the next one anyway), panic braked, and lowsided. Rode the bike down (DUMB) and slid for a bit so had some nice bruising, but leathers prevented any atual harm. My squishy meat-parts cushioned the bike's fall though, so no damage.

That's 6 times in 4 years over 50k miles. Tamed isn't the same as rendered completely safe.

Posting more pics from yesterday cuz it's slow and I'm sitting here eating pizza

Did u fug?

>pic related, I almost meet a girl rider

I need to get a bike with a fancy top box one of these days

my son's dirtbike is broken, took the chain cover off to find this thing broken off, can anyone tell me what it is and if it's the reason it's broken

that's more than once every 10k miles, how fucking shit of a rider are you? That's an insane number of times unless you mean riding on dirt.

I fug my grill.
She don't ride though. But loves the back seat on the chief

She'd probably make fun of you for being slow.

I do green lane but most of those were from commuting and being hit into by taxi drivers, my friend cycles a similar route and has been knocked off at least once every 6 months.

Your son is hooning is why

I'm ok with this

I get that, he said he was at his fastest and the chain popped off, I'm no mechanic so I have no idea what's up with it

>stopped and took pic because wr user made fun of the name when he saw it on the map

>believecatholic
clearly jesus hates your child and you by proxy

Looks like the part of the stator that senses the magnet for ignition. It probably broke when the chain hit it

I'm 22
Too old to start racing?

>too fat to fit into race suit and do track day

most racers are well into retirement by 22.

They make suits for sturdy boys. You have to weigh like 450+lbs

Get in shape user.

Sup, /dbt/? You ever done a booze n scoot? Whats your favorite riding beer?

youtube.com/watch?v=Zb_jg5z_A8c

Looking for my first bike and I really like how the Versys, my big question though is how capable is the Versys? With appropriate tires can it go on a dirt road? or is it better off confining it to pavement?

It can go
It's not going to be fast and it's not going to be fun but it can manage, just like any other adventure bike

I drive a 250cc cruiser. I always lie and say it's a 550 though. How ashamed should I feel? Cause I feel nothing.

None at all. Plenty of ppl on dbt don't even have a bike.

Dirt/gravel roads will be fine. Real trails will be doable if they're easy, but not exactly fun.

you from mn? if yes, buy from other dealers like motoprimo, belle plaine motorsports, or moon motorsports. SSb will charge you a dealer fee, documentation fee and an extra $170 inspection fee!! You buy a $5k bike and have to dish out $6k after all the 'im going to fuck you in the ass fees', fuck em.