/agdg/ - Amateur Game Dev General

Make progress every hour!

> Next Demo Day (X)
itch.io/jam/agdg-demo-day-10

>Next Game Jams (Lewd -- Blueboard rules still apply)
itch.io/jam/lewd-jam-2016

Helpful Links: tools.aggydaggy.com/# (Still in beta)
New Threads: Archive: boards.fireden.net/vg/search/subject/agdg/
SoundCloud: soundcloud.com/groups/agdg-audiofriends
AGDG Logo: pastebin.com/iafqz627

> Chats
steamcommunity.com/groups/vgamedevcrew
webchat.freenode.net/?channels=vidyadev

> Previous Demo Days
pastebin.com/X6fLvtzA

> Previous Jams
pastebin.com/qRHNpCbZ

> Engines
GameMaker: yoyogames.com/gamemaker
Godot: godotengine.org/
Haxe: haxeflixel.com/
LÖVE: love2d.org/
UE4: unrealengine.com/what-is-unreal-engine-4
Unity: unity3d.com/

> Models/art/textures/sprites
opengameart.org/
blender-models.com/
mayang.com/textures/

> Free audio
machinimasound.com/
freesound.org/browse/
incompetech.com/music/
freemusicarchive.org/

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/iH3fSDiup00
youtube.com/watch?v=ADC0G_7CsYw
youtube.com/watch?v=tVrCMLx9Gcw
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Post lewd progress

Who else /listening to weeb music/ here?

ANIMEth for where's your engine

Fear, and Loathing in Las Vegas

Because they had actual pixel artists.
[Spoiler] Plus I like the style of my game so fug u :-) [/Spoiler]

I'm not. I should

reposting this request in new thread

marmo

>being this much of a failure

only entry-level weebmusic desu senpai

post your game then :-)

no one can art here

Sometimes I start to sing along and then I remember I'm not an anime

Painful moments

Windows, Linux, Mac, Android, iOS, HTML5, Blackberry.
Plus anything new can be added

uhh, draw what retard. im going to say no anyway because it doesnt look promising

Is this weeb?

youtu.be/iH3fSDiup00

>no reply
that's what i fuckin thought, bitch.

any retard can do low rez pixel art with or without meme legs, the important part is the actual animation which is shit. stick to stealing zelda sprites or some shit

At least your roomate never caight you singing a cheesy weeb song.

bepis is dev fuel

Yes.

>cherry bepis in my cup right now

i feel disgusting

from the previous thread, godot supports the standard trio of OS's, as well as android/ios

dr pepper > cherry coke > cherry bepis

Daily reminder that if your game's main character is not a loli then you're game is shit.

does anybody know if i can use unity ads and google mob ads at the same time or can i only use one

because i really need banners but unity ads doesn't offer any banners

Good.

>tfw letting the weeb surge through while devving

youtube.com/watch?v=ADC0G_7CsYw

It's a good idea, but for some reason it appeard like this in my head:
Two hunters banging poor vampire girl who's on her hands and knees from the front and from the back while they are high fiving.

you just gave me 2 yous and asked where is my game because I commented how you cannot into spoilers I guess the guy last thread really triggered you hard

Global time dilation is cool. Was just working on doing some hitstop for combos, this won't be in the game unless it's in some sort of 'rage' mode.

>dr. pepper
>above anything

Christian board dude that sounds even better to me.

>two (You)'s
yeah right bitch, prove it.

your life is that pathetic wow haha

every bottle of dr.pepper is the complete spectrum of dr.pepper flavor

the first few sips are amazing angel pussy fizz
and the last half of the bottle is like drinking bike oil

__

One of you suggested to me I make a 3D model version of the bokube text logo, and I figured out how to make 3D voxel text but I'm not sure what I should do about the design/lettering spacing or color.

don't open image if you are christian.

lewd idea

>lesbian vampire girls biting each other's p**sy for blood ;^)

CLOCK UP

CLOCK OVER

i can't top replying to bait cross-thread while failing a spoiler tag

Dead thread. Good job shitposting, nodevs.

>implying we aren't all busy yesdevs making progress and not having time to reply

post game

Sorry, I'm busy having fantasies about these:

okay fine, here progress

I'm Notch :^)

if there's any shitposting going on it's not from me
im cooking up another prototype

fucking clickteam programs i swear to god

How is this?

cute as fuck.

Guilty
youtube.com/watch?v=tVrCMLx9Gcw

Why do you keep ignoring people telling you that you can't tell what's going on in your game?

Why are you so cruel?

just werkz(tm)

>Plan out everything that needs to be done before demo day
>3 weeks left
>all optimism gone

Iv been addressing peoples concerns with the games art/visual clarity and incorporating feedback for awhile now while posting screenshots of results. Where have you been?

>3 weeks till demo day
>still struggling with the fucking player animations
>won't have enough time to add more content
>won't have enough time to polish things
>everyone will think its shit
WAKE ME UP

sorry, I was sleeping

Added some cliffs, now the map is fully enclosed

Don't reply to me or my posts ever again, you fucking doodoo-head

why does no one plan out a game that is in scope?

IN SCOPE

you made those health/ammo ui?

scope is a tool used by the yesdevs to keep us out of success
the only way to be successful is to develop a game that wildly escapes your initial scope and functions

>4 weeks till demo day
>find game breaking bug
>try to fix it
>7 fucking days
>3 weeks till demo day
KILL ME PLEASE

your insults at me made seriously laugh, actually

>want to dev
>only idea I have is for a lewd jam game
Anyone have any spare ideas lying around?

No idea guys here, boss.

Yeah, it's a placeholder though, I'm redesigning it once I add weapon switching, armor and reloading.

HOW COULD I KNOW THAT ANIMATIONS TAKE SO MUCH TIME

yes, user, scope is a conspiracy meme

Preach it, brother

i want to make a game based off Hunter x Hunter, i know there's been fan games about anime n shit like that before but i'd like to make sure how does it stand regarding copyrights and such
basically the thing i want to know is this: if i were to make an Hunter X Hunter fan game, would i be able to make it available online fot other people to freely donwload it if i have absolutelly 0 income off it? i don't care at all about the money, i just want to make a hxh game

>t. No Man's Sky devs

friendly reminder to shill

Is it a bad idea to tie hurt frames to animation?

I mean you could still get sued if someone cared to sue you. It's still their intellectual property.
Think of it like this.
If you made a Mickey mouse game, and even if it was for free, Disney would hire niggers to brake your fingers in prison by the time the first downloads where noticed

you should tie animation to hurt frames but I guess the other way around won't hurt

how hard to be a engine dev?

What does that mean?
Don't have hurt frames, you don't know what frame rate the game will be running at. Don't tie anything to framerate.
Have a hurt duration, a fraction of a second long.

That wasn't shilling, that was a multi-million dollar ad campaign funded entirely by Sony. Hello Games got a free ad campaign that only AAA games usually get.

hm.. so how does shit like mugen survive? or every single pokémon hack rom? there are things like full remakes of original nintendo games, for example i know of a remake of pokémon crystal for gba, or a demake of FF VII for NES, how does shit like that get on? Are square enix and nintendo totally uncaring about it? I mean the FF VII demake has even his own wikipedia page, they should've realized by now, i don't think that if they could make money out of it they wouldn't be trying to

You making money makes no difference.

You cannot use someone else's Intellectual Property period, if you make it and then release it even for free, the company that holds the IP can legally tell you to fuck off.

Think about it this way, if someone makes a shitty free game using your IP, that's damaging to your IP even if just a little, it makes it feel cheaper and someone will have negative opinion about that IP from now on. You as the holder of that IP want to make sure this doesn't happen.

Games Workshop and Warhammer are a prime example of what happens if you let anyone do whatever they want with your IP.

Ok ok I'll stop now.
I think the base is set, balls disappear when entering a goal or a dead end. Also tweaked the board layout again. All that's left now is adding gameplay.

>nintendo totally uncaring about it?

Nintendo sends cease and desist letter to every fan game using their characters that they see.

Obviously to do that Nintendo needs to know the identity of the people doing it, so if you're 100% anonymous, that's pretty hard.

mugen doesn't represent a single particular franchise so they don't give a fuck about it
nintendo wasn't as proactive with C&Ds, but as you can see by metroid 2 and pokemon uranium edition, they're in full C&D mode

the hunterxhunter writers probably won't give a fuck about your game though, unless it somehow gathers a 100,000+ fan following

>talking about "IP" as if it's a single monolithic thing with just one set of rules that applies to everything
Are you trying to go easy on him or do you really think it's that simple?

i have to go full gif related then?
the problem isn't the author, shueisha (the publisher of the weekly magazine where hunter x hutner is published) would be the one to ass blast if there's an ass blast

>Nintendo sends cease and desist letter to every fan game using their characters that they see.
they don't see a lot then

Is this game maker?

looks like unity

gamemaker physics are a pain to use

>Nintendo sends cease and desist letter to every fan game using their characters that they see.
No they don't. The Mother 3 English translation has never had trouble. And the Mother 4 fan game hasn't had any cease and desist either.

Unity.

been getting played too long time to step up my dev game

I want to make a platformer. Should I have the perspective totally in profile like in castlevania, or should it have slight perspective like in pic

Slight perspective will look nicer but you'll have a hell of a time actually drawing all that by yourself.

hello waldo

sidescroller pixelshit is the single most stale and reviled category of games an independent developer could try making, so you will need all the standout features you can get
for this reason you should go for slight perspective, as total profile is easier to make, so used very often too

>hm.. so how does shit like mugen survive?
Most mugen games are shitty compilations of characters ripped from original games and sometimes poorly edited, so it means no competition for the actual creators.
Look at how many Mortal Kombat mugen games are there and Warner never gave a fuck about them, but as soon as a group of guys started making one using their own good looking HD graphics that actually could compete with the original games Warner made them shut down the project. Pic related.

Then why has Touhou been wildly successful, probably most importantly BECAUSE of all the fan games/doujin/animations/music remixes?

Srs question not trying to shitpost.