Monster Hunter General - /mhg/

Prostate edition

Previous Thread: >I have a question!
pastebin.com/7Aa6HxUh
Includes links to the FAQ, weapon guides, charm info, and more.

mhgen.kiranico.com/
Database with weapon trees, item locations, drop rates, etc.

sites.google.com/site/pingsdex
Same thing, in application form.

>Where does Veeky Forums play?
Create or find a Gathering Hall
Passcode: 7243 / Search
In Generations, Objective: Gathering
In 4U, Target: Fishing

Other urls found in this thread:

pastebin.com/n3D51J08
siliconera.com/2016/05/16/capcom-new-monster-hunter-game-along-major-titles-planned/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Chargeblade is hopelessly overpowered in 4U and plays itself

You're getting carried by your weapon type without having to put in any skill.

Get good with a real weapon.

Would you rather BE the loli or FUCK the loli?

What went wrong with Handicraft?

did you fuck your showerhead today, /mhg/?

I want to BE the loli who gets fucked by THE dragon

i want to be fucked by the loli

be the loli and fuck other lolis

These are the kind of questions that keep you awake at night

On one hand, I'd totally love to fuck the Meowstress.
On the other hand, I'd love to be the Meowstress and get fucked!

Both perfectly agreeable choices, I'm glad /mhg/ is so sensible today.

It was nerfed to its MHTri incarnation, but also made more difficult to get. Meanwhile, other skills were introduced that gave it competition whilst also being easier to fit onto a good set, and weapons with natural white are strong enough to not necessitate S+2. Things will likely change with the release of Hyper Deviljho.

I am enjoying all this lewdposting.

I wanna BE the hunter that SCOUTS the perfect fighter Nyanta~!!!

Theoretically, if some weapons got purple sharpness after S+2, would that really change anything in MHGen's meta?

>tfw you will never ride tama's "showerhead"

Yes.

Can someone put homebrew on my 3DS if I ship it to them?

No. Please stop this nonsense.

Sure thing goy

You have 5 seconds to name me a better looking Greatsword than the Skraga

If you're in my area, I will consider doing it for a blow job.

Okay so what does a perfect prowler for soloing and shit realistically need when I scout it?

Let me try to think off this
>moves
piercing boomerangs
big boomerangs
dung bombay
pitfall or shock trap (shock takes 1 less bar so better I guess?)

and I'll teach it emergency retreat

>skills
boomerang pro
last stand
earplugs
crit up S
crit up L

and teach it world's strongest something when that is available

Is this correct?

>Tama will never wash out your mouth with soap

pastebin.com/n3D51J08

Don't listen to the other retard. 4U doesn't get boring nearly as fast as Gen, and you don't have to gather shit for days to complete all quests.
While Gen brings some interesting core ideas, it's stripped of any kind of identity. the endgames lets you chose between more armors since the meta doesn't focus on the same skill sets as much as 4U, but it feels empty.
In the end if you just want to have fun with your charge blade, stick to 4U for now, play Gen if you get bored, and see for yourself.

Minnesota?

I'm gonna FIST all the monsters!

Make sure to include your copy of Generations too. I'll transfer you some ace Palicos!

Also I'll need your hunter name for reference, just in case someone else sends their 3DS as an imposter

Damn, far too far away.

Yes. It'd be exactly the same as MHTri's meta, where only Alatreon and Deviljho weapons were worth using.

thanks for all the replies
regarding the chargeblade, i know it was apparently OP i just really liked the playstyle of it, also landing an ultra felt really satisfying, i'll definitely keep playing it
it seems the majority thinks 4U sucks, so i guess i'll restart with a better voice and give it another go
(i also care about multiplayer being more alive i guess)
just out of curiosity, what do you mean when you say the game gets boring after the "story" while MHG stays interesting? i thought they even removed g-rank or something
most places praised 4U to high heavens for whatever reasons

But the worst monsters are hunters themselves.

unf

but can you blow bubbles with tama semen?

Millstone Bereaver.

You won't have Last Stand. Both that and World's Strongest must be taught to a Fighter Palico. Earplugs are also optional and not required.

All this back to school shitposting is really amazing.

Welp, there's no winning is there?

this guy's right
*hunts gravios 50 times for the right to hunt apex gravios*

Important skills ->Piercing Boomerrang, big boomerrang and boomerrang pro.

Nice to have -> Emergency retreat, Earplugs, Crit S

That's really all you need. Everything else is just extra stuff.

>i know it was apparently OP
You've been misguided by memers. CB was merely at the bottom of the top tier in 4U, after it was in the low tier in its debut game MH4.
>it seems the majority thinks 4U sucks
Same thing. Vocal minority of casuals. 4U really IS the biggest and the best MH game to date.

It costs too many points, the only decent armor that gets in naturally is DLC locked, hellblade weapons don't need it, and crit stacking sets beat out any set you could make with handicraft.

>just out of curiosity, what do you mean when you say the game gets boring after the "story" while MHG stays interesting?
They mean that they're Genbabbies and have no idea what the fuck they are talking about.
It doesn't even make any sense.

>farming dreadking 5 online with randoms
>gs faggot is room leader
>has his hunter arts named as "supercolpo del madonna" I think it means super attack of mary?
>trips everyone with a fucking gs
>carts twice
>uses flash bombs without breaking its wings first
>his hunter title is black great sword
>doesnt have focus in his armor set
just lol

Oh okay, I guess I can just teach last stand until world's strongest is available, I can replace the taught move at any time with another one, right?

>don't have to gather shit for days to complete all quests.
yes because fighting a million gen 2 monsters and seltas is surely better
>stripped of any kind of identity
The identity is to have fun but not like 4U babs will know anything about fun

You're literally forced to hunt Black/Gravios 4 times total if you want to unlock your hunter rank. And Apex Gravios is DLC exclusive and is tiny.

I must say I vastly prefer raw stacking over crit stacking. I like stability in my DPS graphs.

Lmao, are you fucking joking?
CB was downright broken good in 4U.

Literally end your life you shitty CB player.

So you "vastly prefer" doing less damage?

Vas te faire enculer, François.

>clearly HR65

Pls stop

>del
Can't even get prepositions right, embarrassing.

Good question

I meant to say I prefer WE the way it used to be, and cirt boost wasn't a thing. Au(X)L/HB stacking was slightly less unfun than crit stacking.

What's a good alternative to the bow of light & memes

dios bow

Do you want pierce, spread, or something else?

How does one fuck a showerhead?

What's your title?

Rapid

I want to BE the Kirin slut!

>requires 15 points for full (read: only worthwhile) effect
>points are very hard to get in conjunction with other good skills

tl;dr the burden of 15 handicraft points is WAY too limiting, making only weapons with natural white worth shit. Thanks Ichinose!

Good to see you're a faggot.
I have focus.
I didn't cart, not even once.

>notice blackbelt head has three slots
>been using artian head for a set, would rather not go full mr roboto
>plesioth coin
uh oh
>plesioth arena quest: bath towels. bath towels everywhere
holy shit this is retarded and agonizing. I mean, I get that they're giving you adept to not take damage but this is downright punishing.

Charge Blade is by far the most complex weapon in the entire Monster Hunter series. It KO'd better than hammers and dealt large burst when the opportunity came. It also made Diablos and Black Tigrex a completely different fight. It's not a pick up and win weapon. Just like how GS isn't ez mode.

What made anything "OP" in 4U was armor skills stacking in exploitable ways.

In fact, the playstyle of charge blade paved the way for Hunter Arts. You build up and unleash something flashy. If anything you can call them shit for inspiring this mechanic.

CB is great and you're a homosexual if you think it's broken.

It's piss easy with lbg.

Deadeye Greatbow (Deadeye Yian bow).

It's a pain to farm, obviously, but it has Power I, II and Rapid 4.

nothing because im not a faggot,im changing my hunter arts callouts to "that gs guy is a faggot for next hunt doe"

really? I've never gunned in my life. any tips?

What makes stacking certain attack boosting skills less unfun than others?

Anyone want to grind thru HR1? Starting with Tetsucabra. I'll take free guild cards, too.

60-7953-4178-6334

His title is "Love", because he's not gay, you know.

>unironically defending the performance of charge blade in 4U

Now I've seen it all.

Relying on crit over plain raw increase means more RNG and less reliable staggering.

>admits to having gay shit as his callouts
>admits to tripping others as gs
>didnt die last hunt because some other faggot kept lifepowdering him like it was his job

Pierce lvl1 and flame shots. If you aim right the fight should be over before you're forced to use pierce lvl2.

You can spot the Lance/Hammer mains by their measure of butt hurt every time a Charge Blade is mentioned.

High Rank Turns going up. Same password as usual.

17-0253-3007-3950

>point gun at fish
>press A

You're going to need so many hits to kill stuff that your effective raw will end up being close to the expected one pretty much always.

You can spot the Charge Blade mains by their measure of butt hurt every time someone calls them out on playing a weapon that overperforms even just by button mashing.

Good thing Gen put CB back in line to how it should be.

MH4U's meme blade was fine.

The removal of GP -> AED ruined the weapon.

I don't know what you guys mean about Yian Garuga being difficult, I only carted to it once in all of the times I fought him.

Fucking Bubbles and Nargacuga gave me more trouble than that.

No, it wasn't. It was OP.

Now it's fine.

Sorry you now have to switch to SnS or Lance if you want to get carried by this game's meme overperforming weapon.

>claims its OP
>doesn't even try to back up claims

With the amount of anal devistation going around you'd think monsters killed themselves when a charge blade entered the area.

Most people who use charge blade couldn't GP properly. It's why they added new ways to do this in Gen.

Yeah, in the right hands, fantastic weapon. Still not overpowered.

IG was OP. CB struggled to beat DB's times.

siliconera.com/2016/05/16/capcom-new-monster-hunter-game-along-major-titles-planned/
>In addition to the popular franchise’s upcoming 3DS RPG Monster Hunter Stories, Capcom has plans for a new Monster Hunter title and more according to their financial results briefing for the year ended March 31, 2016.
>Keep in mind that two million units isn’t exactly the number Capcom would expect from a main entry Monster Hunter title, but we’ll likely hear about a new spinoff title for the series [for console] in addition to Monster Hunter Stories, based on what was mentioned in the financial results briefing.

>trouble with bubbles
how? its status attack buffs your evasion and will randomly heal or increase attack. it is the most enabling fight in the game.

How do I get trunkspine?

No one thinks he's difficult, just annoying with an outdated moveset. I hope next game they replace Garuga's moveset with Deadeye's.

When will you stop posting this crap and shitpost with some Nekojo like all the others?

Break trunk.

Pray tell us what weapon are you playing in Generations, memer-kun?

>IG was OP
>only had two top clear times

lol

I feel like CB seemed a lot more OP than it was because the weapons it mostly obviously competed with (hammer for KO and lance/GL for guarding) were shit in 4U, and it was pretty hard to use effectively on a lot of monsters. I would've been fine with the motion values being toned down a bit (I think the 40% reduction to the roundswing and the complete neutering of the ultra AED were excessive though), but what really killed it for me was gutting it mechanically. I just don't think it's fun to use anymore. I also don't enjoy IG anymore because of the gutted effect extender but that one might be on me and that weapon was legitimately way too strong.

break trunk.

Capture.

>gets boring after the "story" while MHG stays interesting?
MHG at least has variations with styles and prowlers. All gameplay of 4U past rusty kush is fighting the same shit roster all the way to G rank where you suffer through the shittest G transition in series until you can cheese star knight, go unlock yourself and fight monkey dick until the end of the times for weapons with more numbers (which you don't even need unless for fighting those exact monsters you get these from and gog). You can't even play arenas for fun, they are all multi centered and fighting shit like dual raths or dual gravios with worst weapons in the game and barely any/no smoke bombs will make you want to kill yourself. No wonder 4u babs liked this shit, they were pissing themselves from huge numbers and being bored all day long charging greatsword at monkey dick. Should have seen this general during 4U times, it was such a cancerous shitpile it physically hurt to be there, even the current furfaggot galore is nothing.

You have no idea how much I'm glad Deadeye rarely ever use the instant charge crap.

>still talking about a 9 months old game

>be Shogun Ceanataur
>aggressively walk towards you to hurt you

heh