/domg/ - Dominions General

RNG Edition

Previous Pantokrator: Dominions is a fantasy turn-based war game created by two dudes. One of them is a teacher.

The game combines a simple presentation with an extremely wide array of strategic options, including over 2800 units, 800 spells and 300 magic items. Turns are resolved simultaneously, with players planning battles rather than directly controlling them.

It has simplistic graphics but is easily moddable and extremely deep.

Basically, it's an autist’s wet dream of a war game.

>Steamgroup
Join the steamgroup for multiplayer
steamcommunity.com/groups/vanheimageofvidya

>Group chatroom
steam://friends/joinchat/103582791434709795

>Our work-in-progress wiki
dom4.wikia.com/wiki/Dominions_4_Wiki

>Our pastebin
pastebin.com/uTZnjYwm

>Dom4 Manual
jaffa.illwinter.com/dom4/manual_dom4.pdf

>Dom4 Inspector
This is a community resource that has every unit, spell, and item in the game in an accessible database.
larzm42.github.io/dom4inspector/

>Play by email guide:
steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=202096551

>Debug Mod:
For testing battle formations and spells
dom4archive.kermodebear.org/www.desura.com/games/dominions-4-thrones-of-ascensions/forum/thread/debug-mod.html

>Where do I get it?
It is available on Gamersgate and Steam. Desura is kill.

>THE BASICS
>Read the manual
>Read the wiki
>Read the pastebin
>Watch some LPs by Maerlande or NuclearMonkee

Submit completed games here:
docs.google.com/forms/d/1jHX_ZoJi6zIvDq6ANdp-W1Y89W5_fmShuDyHmAj5qC4/viewform

Results Here:
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1dlrvyEqLFYIaXRc49TheMmfdoP8jEh1m5rZJHJAzDWQ/edit?usp=sharing

Other urls found in this thread:

llamaserver.net/gameinfo.cgi?game=Ginnungagap
z7.invisionfree.com/Dom3mods/index.php?showtopic=3050
twitter.com/AnonBabble

What nation would Clausewitz play?

I had some difficulties with logistics and the army you're seeing is stranded for the time being, I'm working on rectifying the situation and committing my full forces on other side of the battlefield (since Chimori extends from one edge of the map to the other, I'm bordered by them on two sides).

ok, good

>I accidentally blinded half my sacreds
>t.Marignon
WHY

I'd say EA xib. I haven't read him in depth, but I think he would appreciate the power projection potential.

Think positive. They're immune to darkness now.

This is why you put Antimagic up FIRST, numbnuts.

Wewuzpantokratorz Mictlan, did you actually go quadbless? You absolute madman

llamaserver.net/gameinfo.cgi?game=Ginnungagap

Get in here faggots.

It was the sun relic that did it. That particular game had been going on for an absurdly long time with no conflict so my scripting got very haphazard.

That particular Herald was meant to be hitting another province by himself.

And while I have some attention, does the Ark do anything at all when deployed in battle or is it just a waste of 30 fire gems and 30 pearls with a cool description? I haven't seen it do anything yet.

Mari & Man - you should probably talk to each other and decide who's moving where. I'd rather not see your doomstacks clashing.

Are enraged units supposed to attack themselves?

Are snakes supposed to have arms and legs?

You ever been so mad you bit yourself in the arm and leg you don't have?

>EARTH
>SNAKE
>poisoned

kek

Agartha, please.

What if we did a meme PBEM game with 2 hour turn time?

Oeridia EA

I'd join.
t. not Lambert

are we pokemon now?

?

Game: AllMAGamesAreMemeGames
Turn number 21
Next turn due: 22:25 GMT on Wednesday August 17th

Abysia 2h file received
>Agartha Waiting for 2h file
Asphodel 2h file received
Shinuyama 2h file received
Bandar Log 2h file received
Caelum 2h file received
C'tis 2h file received
Ermor 2h file received
Machaka 2h file received
Man 2h file received
Marignon 2h file received
Vanarus 2h file received
Ulm 2h file received
Vanheim 2h file received
Ys 2h file received

How am I supposed to sleep?

By letting me fireball you in the Titan of Love until you fall asleep dead.

You'll get about 9 to 15 turns in before people need to sleep for 6-8 hours, assuming you're all on the same timezone and start at the same time.

Yeah but everyone has to sleep sometime and if the game goes on for several days then everyone will have played an equal amount overall

Plus on a fuckhuge map like Oeridia 4 turns (8 hours) aren't enough to kill someone

Agartha is played by that faggot Pan. Expect him to go AI soon too, as he said "it was nothing" when Ermor killed 40 of his sacreds.

>wageslaves BTFO

t. wageslave

Is there a way to tell what order the mages will cast their spells in a single turn?

BANGEA PELASE NO REVELLERS, WHAT DO YOU WANT?

Mages cast their spells in order shown on the army screen.

:DDDD

Like I wouldn't bring in a pseudo disciple team to play my one nation

Wow I'm so popular this game.

Ulm how much do you want and how much can you sell me?

Are you attacking Bandar?
is anyone attacking Bandar?

Bandar is sitting on Van's capital with 300+ lil tiggers. Fuck if I'm gonna attack him alone.

It's mostly Atavi archers. Although he is in the lead the war is not going as well as he thought.

TC, don't do whatever retarded thing you're thinking of doing. I think we all know that the batmen are the real problem.

He has a W9 bless. Most of it will be dead in a couple of turns, this is almost his entire army.
Attacking him is safe. He has only PD in almsot all his provinces.

>trust me goy, it's safe to attack him!

If it were so, how come he's in your capital?

Sorry quoted the wrong post

Because I let him go there to take back a few provinces and join up with forces from another fort.

You can see he has no mage support he only has mages in his capital, his research is no doubt shit.

The only reason he got this far is because Ermor attacked me with everything he had, but he is busy now so i've gotten back all provines ermor took but one.

Not really no, was considering it because it seems like that wouldn't be very hard for Abysia.

Thats looks really unimpressive desu.

What looks unimpressive?
I just showed you his army, and that's his entire army except for a group of mercenaries and a few bandar warriors and tiger riders a few provinces away.

You let him get to your capital? If he's so weak, then why do you want others to join in and take provinces you could be taking? Not only are you shady as fuck in your arguments, you are also an elf.

I'm not saying he is weak, I am saying he is in the lead. Read what I've been saying.

I'm saying he's not as far ahead as he would like, anyone attacking him would surely put me in the lead though.

That army, fairly sure a few mages could wreck those monkeys.

It's funny that you STILL have some hope.
I am besieging both your forts, so this turn you have no income. And if you think that I have no more forces you are mistaken. You lost.
Let's have a grand fight and you go AI.

No need to listen for elven lies, Mari, I am winning this war. He is dead. But living have to cooperate to remove Ermor. Let's be good, please, be sane.

This guy is my second or third favorite Russian dominions player. Listen to him.

And why would someone want you back into the lead? I doubt that army is all he has, and of course you'd say he doesn't have much else because someone attacking him is in your interests.

TL:DR don't listen to a desperate elf that is on the ropes, he'll lie and trick to survive.

>Tfw no border with the easy ape target

yes I am not the monkeys and I am not saying that army is impressive I said most of it would be dead in a couple of turns.

He only has one fort. That is all he has.

Hey, Orange, you really should have replied first before attacking. I didn't know what your intentions were so I kept a small force stationed on the province. Anyway, if you're still interested in trading here's what you asked for. 10 heavy cav = 250 gold, 10 heavy inf = 100 gold and 1 turn of income from the province 150 gold.

Sorry, I have 1 more in 80.

You started the siege on both forts this turn, on my non-cap fort you just took a few mercs, they will die soon.

Oh, and it's me, Grey, of course, if that wasn't clear.

>1 spy
>no clue what's below that
>"dude trust me don't you trust elves?"

Sneaky sneaky knife eared kike.

Ah, indeed, with no lab connected to 2 friendly provinces.

Don't bully orange.

I'm not bullying him, just wanted compensation for clearing his capring. I'm not a charity worker after all.

No backtalking! Now stop bullying your brother, mister.

Hey, if you love Orange so much, why don't you pay the 500 gold that I want for the province for him?

Ah, correction 475, he already payed 25 of what I require.

Also, the province has some nice sacreds in case he took a bless. Doesn't seem he took an awake pretender so it should really help. 500 gold isn't all that much for what he'll get.

>tfw when no one wants to fight the bully
I sacrificed myself for you all. I wanted to be friendly with the bats, but I decided to fight for the common good, in return everyone backstabs everyone to gain something from the chaos.

I'll never trust Veeky Forums again. At least Ashia is a bro.

I wanted to help, I really did, but you can't expect me to fly halfway across the world while an evil opportunist eats my land and sits on my cap...

>ever trusting Veeky Forums
>ever attacking skeletons or bats first

Fine, I will, but after that I'm going to send you to your room and have sex with you, young man!

Are Ermor or Machaka here? If so, get in steam chat please.

I know, bird people are alright.

But we are not married and also you are a man! That is double haram!

Orange, I'll move my troops away this turn, since you seem to have agreed to the deal. You'll still have to deal with 6 PD so bring a proper amount of troops.

Hey kid wanna /ss/

Orange is too young to be accepting any deals! And you are too young to be offering any!

I will not even only have as much land as I had when Bandar attacked me if I win the war with someone help, the person who helps me will have all of Bandar land, making him quite strong. If no one helps me Bandar will be a major player.

I fail to see the downside to attack an easy target.

Sorry for the fucked up sentences I'm typing on my phone in bed before sleeping.

Anyway the only thing I will gain

Please stop being lewd and confusing the situation more than it already is. I just want my sheckels.

You'll get your allowance! And in return you won't tell daddy about what we do while he's away.

I swear you must be that one one guy who was pretending to be that goat mom character from that meme vidya in one game I played about a year ago. You act just like he did. It was strange then and it's still strange now.

This shit right there. It's not cool.

You don't need to be cool to be hip!

I've noticed this about coalitions too. The winners are never, EVER the ones who actually contribute the most. It's always either the ones who sit back and build up while everyone is occupied or the guy they're supposed to be ganging up against who beats up the guys who got suckered into attacking them.

It can of course be a legitimate tactic, but not this time.
The bats were the biggest player before eating another moderately big player and now they have mostly eaten me, probably no 2 in provinces. There is no way anyone but the bats can win soon even if they truly from a coalition were everyone helps.

We stray closer and closer to Dominions: Cold War with every passing day. I think we need a mod that adds some sort of actually respectable MAD. Armageddon obviously doesn't cut it.

Well, I guess we'll just have to try, as soon as the elves die that is. Suffer not the elf to live.

I thought you managed to relieve the siege on each other's capitals. Maybe you could reconcile? Elves have territory one province away from Chimori and you of course can fly.

I trust the Lambert about as far as I can throw him after all that's happened between us. I'm more than certain that he would spare not a second thought in backstabbing me as soon as he sees that my troops have flown the coop so to speak, especially considering you can't track the movement of his troops.

ETBETD, I put the most into the coalition against elves, and managed to win.
Ofc, this is because my allies either fumbled a *lot* or were EA R'lyeh, while I made sure to embroil the other side of the map in a stalemate war that progressed literally nowhere fast.

No, no, elves are very trustworthy. Just send your armies literally four turns travel away like a good goy, and I promise my glamoured armies will help out.

z7.invisionfree.com/Dom3mods/index.php?showtopic=3050

Looks like this is taking off. We need a 3 man /domg/ team. Can we get sum1 on the phone?

Game: MemeOfTheAges
Turn number 9
Next turn due: 16:54 GMT on Thursday August 18th

Agartha 2h file received
Arcoscephale 2h file received
Asphodel Waiting for 2h file
Bandar Log 2h file received
C'tis 2h file received
Ermor 2h file received
Ashdod 2h file received
Marignon 2h file received
Mictlan 2h file received
Pangaea 2h file received
T'ien Ch'i 2h file received
Xibalba 2h file received

W-what happened to Marignon? are you sick? You never posted turn that early

I WANT TO PARTY :DDDD

It's basic diplomacy, you say you cool but by cool you mean you gonna chill while watching others do the dirty work. Unless there are free lands to acquire of course.
I personally try to do that as much as I can, even though that's scum-tier. Anything that can hamper those fakes gods is good to take.

I guess it's a good thing real life is not a game of dominions otherwise peace wouldn't even be a word in the dictionary.

Well, if life were any war game where the only means to victory was the brutal annihilation of all opponents, then yeah, there wouldn't be any peace.

Honestly the strategies used by different countries over the ages aren't that different when it comes to power struggles and spreading your influence. It's just not until total annihilation (usually).

>I guess it's a good thing real life is not a game of dominions

Life is exactly like that. The only thing that keeps peace between two people/nations is if there is threat of retribution should they act like a piece of shit towards the other. In life, retribution could mean getting shot or put into prison if you're an individual, or getting nuked if you're a nation, thus we have peace. The only thing that games like this differ in is the level of retribution is obviously far smaller and the fact that you are anonymous most of the time, and so does the true nature of humans show itself more often.

>The only thing that games like this differ in is the level of retribution is obviously far smaller and the fact that you are anonymous most of the time, and so does the true nature of humans show itself more often.

And you know, the fact that real life doesn't have a "win condition" or "end-game" goal. You can live an entire life without ever getting into a fight, but Dom4 is a game so it has to end eventually.

>The only thing that keeps peace between two people/nations is if there is threat of retribution should they act like a piece of shit towards the other.
Also shit like commerce, ya dingus.

PAN AND CHINA COLLUDING

PAN IS RIGHT

Life does have "win conditions". It's programmed into the biology of every living thing on this planet. And that's to acquire as much resources as possible and to reproduce as much as possible. Those who live meekly and never get into a conflict often don't acquire many resources or have many children. Those who risk their very well being and manage to luck out by fucking everyone over often become people like Donald Trump.

Everything in life works of the same basic principles that govern the lives of all animals on this planet. Even in commerce, we have the nations that lead (the alpha), the nations that follow (betas) and the nations that stand against that established order (omegas). Literally everything works this way if you just stop and think about it. And in general, it always involves one entity's superior strength over another. The nations of the world don't do whatever the US says because they like it that way, they do it because the US has much more power than they do and if they don't listen, then they could end up like those ME nations that the US loves to "liberate" ended up. The only nations that stand against the US and survive are those that can indeed enact retribution for aggression.