Is it really possible to be good at day trading...

Is it really possible to be good at day trading? Assuming no significant news about a given company is released on a given day, is it really possible to know what the day chart is going to look like?

Other urls found in this thread:

amazon.ca/Technical-Analysis-Financial-Markets-Comprehensive/dp/0735200661
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Murphy_(technical_analyst)
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Yes but it is kind of a barelt visible path as you can only use technical analysis

Fill gaps. Profit.

i thought technical analysis was a crock of shit

what does fill gaps mean

It is in long term investments however in short term investments it responds to typical conduct in the market so it works. You should read John J Murphy technycal analisys of the financial markets it gives you goodinsightin why does it works and even has examples still of course there is still parts that you should see from others perspectives thats the thing about analizyng yourself you will learn everyday and use what has proved to work for you in determined conditio s of trade and state of the market

I take it English is not your first language?

The only people making money off technical analysis are people selling you shit to teach you technical analysis.

Technical analysis is a meme for NEETs who think they will be able to get rich by buying when a stochastic oscillator crosses over or the chart looks like a sharting dog or some shit.

Moreover, day trading is not profitable in the long run.

If you want my advice, actually research companies and make sound investment decisions based on your own inquiries. You should look not only at their cash, assets, and liabilities, but also at their cash flows and potential for future growth.

And the ultimate moneymaker is to trade against retarded daytrading NEETs.

And, as always, buy low sell high

Yep also I was in a phone

Day trading is mostly about psyhology and money mengment not about knowing what gonna happend.

my dad retired for a few years and was day trading during that time
never really asked him how much he made a year on trading but from some things he's said about it I would guess 75-100k+

not sure if he included long term investments in those numbers or just day trading, also not sure what his starting number was, probably nothing above 200k

Just try it out. I've taken 1000€ to play around with (on etoro). I know the amount won't make me rich and it wouldn't hurt me if I lose it too.

In the last month I've made around 100$ profit. I think 10% is pretty good and it could have been way more if I wouldn,t have traded currencies with a high leverage ("lost" around 160$ but "made up" for it). It is tempting to take 200$ with a 100x leverage and make 100$ in an hour but you can also lose your money very fast.
I just look at stocks and how they have performed in the past and if there are any news on why they are currently low.

For example if I see EWJ or Bitcoin is comparably low I buy some for 100-200$.

It won't get you rich with the sums I play around with but it's just to get a feel for it and not to panic sell etc. I was once at -125$ with EUR/USD but didn't sell and didn't lose any money in the end because it rose again.

pic related, although I should have sold most of it sooner to prevent higher fees but I was at vacation and didn't really give a fuck

day trading is all about hunting stops.
look at a chart..where would everyone typically enter a trade?
where would they place their stoploss?
i guarantee price will go for that stoploss area.
if you dont believe me open a eur dollar chart on monday and open a 15 minute chart..watch how it plays..its actually amazing.

top lel come on you cantbe this much of an economic illiterate like this why do you think the big pages such as investing still use technical analysis just because you are a weabo who bought some course to some scammer it doesntmean you know anything about it.

Op of course dont buy it in the internet just use the classic one
amazon.ca/Technical-Analysis-Financial-Markets-Comprehensive/dp/0735200661
find in on internet download a pdf and with that shatner day trading is profitable

This
This
And learn to use tick and hedge and you are good to go.

Wrong. I never bought anything, even though people tried to sell them to me. I have worked with various forms of technical analysis, and if you are going to rely solely on TA to trade, you are not going to make money.

Even the book you linked to, I guarantee that guy made more money selling that book than any of you assholes did following his advice, whether you paid for it or not lmfao

Technical analysis is, and always will be, a meme. But good luck with your lagging indicators and BS chart patterns kek

>Relying only in one thing to trade.
How many layers of autism are you on son?
It is pretty obvious that if you are going to trade for real and in the long run TA is just help and you will use other tools.
>I guarantee that guy made more money selling that book than any of you assholes did following his advice
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Murphy_(technical_analyst)

At least care to read before makingstupid statements.
At least if you are a cfa you must have read his books so I am pretty sure there's lots of people making money out of his knowledge.

>At least care to read before makingstupid [sic] statements.
Read the first post in this thread after OP. There you will see why I was criticizing using only TA to trade, you fucking infant.
There is a little bit of irony in the fact that you are telling others to read things when you can't even read the thread we're in.

TA has its uses, but fundamental analysis will always be the stronger form. Day trading and TA are for NEETs that want to get rich quick. There is a reason 90-95% of day traders lose money.

>but fundamental analysis will always be the stronger form

Fucking lolmao

>laugh out loud my ass off

1% does it so I'd say no

Price discounts fundamentals months before they are released. Estimates and impact of fundies are adjusted with new estimates/positioning data from insitutional players. The actual move from the fundamentals you are trading takes place months before the move itself (which is nothing more than a consolidating mess that ends up breaking in the opposite way of what everybody expects).

Technicals tend to be a non lagging tool to make money from these moves. But you need a quantitative, objective framework to analyze technical patterns or you get cucked by randomness.
>t. quant

In short term they are