/evog/ Evolve Stage 2 General

Abe edition

store.steampowered.com/app/273350/
evolve.wikia.com/wiki/Evolve_Wiki

>What is Evolve?
Evolve uses an asymmetrical structure where five players, four playing as hunters and one as the monster, battle against each other in an industrialized alien planet called Shear.
Stage 2 is the transition to Free To Play + a lot of gameplay changes.

>What's new?
evolveupdates.com/stage2/

>I heard the game was dead?
It was, ~200 players on Steam and little to no updates from the developers. If F2P can bring it back is unknown, but as of right now it's been hovering in the teen thousands.

>Should I "get" it?
It's free. 18GB. Download and test it out.

>F2P Model?
Every week, four hunters (one of each class) and one monster will be in the free rotation. There are currently 24 Hunters and 7 Monsters in total. By playing the character tutorials, you unlock one hunter (Markov) and one monster (Goliath) to keep forever.

Additional monsters, hunters, perks, and skins are unlocked by earning silver keys. Silver keys are earned by playing the game, leveling up, or getting login bonuses. Currently you can't actually buy silver keys, presumably so they can test the unlock rate, but that's coming later.

There is also a monthly login bonus punch card. You get one punch for each day you log in. Beyond silver keys, this can directly award new Hunters and Skins.

>What if I don't want to grind for characters and perks?
You can buy the game and it to gives your account full founder benefits, which gives you 30k keys and most characters.

>Microtransation?
None as of yet.

>Steam group:
steamcommunity.com/groups/evolvevg

>Perk info(Inc. how to unlock them)
steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=721252371

>Patch info:
talk.turtlerockstudios.com/t/introducing-renegade-abe-and-overpowered-update-2-06-live-now/98781

old
>151729697

Other urls found in this thread:

steamcommunity.com/app/273350/discussions/0/355043117503076058/
steamcommunity.com/app/273350/discussions/0/355043117502106429/
steamcommunity.com/app/273350/discussions/0/355043117502669753/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Dead on arrival

As dead as the normal que

Whoever said you can kamehameha a kraken to the ground is a fucking liar, the repulsor only oppose movement, it doesn't actually repulse.

sadly this
I really like the game or at least the concept. giving the devs 10 options where one of them are shit and nine are good decisions they will always pick the worst option like its some kind of TRS instinct superpower

How would support parnell work?

The latest patch wasn't bad atleast, minus overpowered being shit

a sexy cheerleader rising the moral and some doping with super soldire

re-take english my dude

>if you play assault in coop and pick appropriate perks to kill faster, nobody else ever picks speed and/or rocket perks so nobody can keep up with the monster ever on any map so it recovers armor multiple times and takes longer to kill
>if you play any other class the assault is dog shit that can never ever keep up even if the monster is being slowed down and can't aim worth shit

how can normies be this awful? how do they live with themselves? it's fucking coop, it should be common to kill the retarded AI in 3-4 minutes and not fucking 9+ minutes

>Prefer assault
>Someone else gets assault instead of you
>They leave because they didn't get medic/support/trapper
>The game starts before you can react and AI picks Torvald

This happens too often. And in co-op queue of all places. Just take your free keys and suck it up, 3 minutes isn't asking much of your time.

>skill ceiling already extremely low in coop
>9/10 times the monster does not sperg out and leap across the map like it has no traversal cooldown
>matches still take way too long because coop is too challenging for retards

Oh my friend, that doesn't just apply to coop.

If I go assault, the monster will die but not before everyone on my team does, because the support is busy staring into the horizon, the medic entered the dome at 0 jetpack and is now getting Wombo Combo'd, and I haven't even seen the tracker since the round started.

>repeat for every single hunter and archetype
I joke a lot that I'm the 'only sane man' in a team of morons, but it seems like Evolve really brings the worst out of everyone competitively. I've seen better cooperation in RTS games and Rougelikes than this shit.

I can count the number of Medics who can competently dodge on one hand. They always walk straight into the monster and just get absolutely shit on, then blame the Trapper for not keeping the monster off of him.

Oh my.

Did I miss something important?

oh I've seen it all in hunt but coop is supposed to be braindead easy, and it is for me and some others, but the normies... THE FUCKING NORMIES THE FUCKING DOG SHIT NORMIES WHO CAN'T PLAY WORTH SHIT

nope

As someone who plays the fuck out of EMET and only EMET, I will usually end up having to dome the monster because none of the other brain dead retards on my team can keep track of it, even the 'trapper'. What exactly am I supposed to do, just let it run around and get free stage 2/3? Meanwhile imbecile teammates are 200 meters away ignoring my pings and voice chat.

back in my days, Emet used to deal more damage per shot than parnells rockets, giving him roughly the same dps without SS.

>boost assault to catch the monster
>just runs
>same with the trapper
>boost medic
>he actually uses it
>but he is a braindead level 20+ Slim that actually uses the fucking spore cloud constantly

when will this suffering end?
does one really need premades even for something as easy as coop?

It doesn't because it's a medic. If you look at what the team has done, they have a medic variant done. Paramedic Parnell will be hype.

if there's a Paranell I think he will sacrifice his own health for a massive team heal burst

>There are still people who suck at Parnell and pick him anyway
>There are Slims that use the spore launcher
>People unironically choose Kala and unironically blame you when the team loses
>There are still people that choose Qaira when literally any other medic is a better choice and will actively defend their poor life decisions
>There are still people that choose E.Griff when he's just a worse Griffin
>There are still people that choose Waggie when she's just a worse Maggie

I could imagine a aoe super soldier buff that makes teamates regenerate health faster and his rocket launcher to get replaced with a healing shot like Caira's gun.

Im pretty sure he has a med-gun. the dialogue teaser indicates that

Reminder that the best assault is vanilla markov.

Reminder that the best medic is vanilla val

Reminder that the best support is vanilla hank

Reminder that the best trapper is vanilla abe

Reminder that these four characters that were in the game when it came out as the first hunters, are still to this day the best picks in all situations.

>leeching low damage modified medgun that heals Paranell himself
>healing rocket launcher that is slow and has only 2 shots and strong heal with each shot
>???
>self-sacrifice heal burst

Val is pretty weak as a healer compared to Caira and Slim. Hyde is more universal assault than Markov.

Can someone tell me the meme as to why Gorgons mimic is bad? It does 1100~ damage at level 3 and it's poison stacks ontop of acid spit/melee.

No he isn't. He has less range.

A 1-2 meter less maybe. But much more fuel and toxic grenade that can counter kraken if used properly. Mines do shit to him.

Because non retards will kill the mimic before you can explode on them and youre standing still like a moron while using it

most people just don't know how to use mimic. /vg is not an exception.

And spider is a better alternative over it when it has less HP because?

It sounds to me like the people who complain about this skill don't know how to play gorgon properly and don't understand you don't have to sit there with the assault pounding your ass, you have traversals for a reason.

People don't understand how it works all. I remember a few weeks back people were discussing a gorgon variant and someone said that its mimic should have dot unlike regular gorgon's

wow you're really desperate for some (You)s

>makes his own trolling even more obvious

kys, friendo

>new map modifier favors hunters heavily
>other map modifier favors monster heavily
>vote skip requires majority vote
>hunters always have majority of the vote
>meteor mayhem always gets skipped
>buff stacking never gets skipped
>hunter win rates go up because of this
>TRS nerfs hunters and buffs monsters even more because win rates for hunters went up a little bit.

>buff stacking favoring hunters

I don't think so, Tim.

Monster gets literally zero cooldown on all its abilities in buff stack, every time, and can wipe out the hunter team at stage 1 with no effort at all, without losing even half armor.

I leave if either gets locked.
The worst part is YOU CAN'T EVEN DISABLE THESE SHIT MAPS.

>salty shit tier monster babby tears

steamcommunity.com/app/273350/discussions/0/355043117503076058/

steamcommunity.com/app/273350/discussions/0/355043117502106429/

steamcommunity.com/app/273350/discussions/0/355043117502669753/

how can anyone be this bad and salty at the same time?

>hunters stack defense perks
no ability CD doesn't mean shit when you can't hit anyone.

Can I summon multiple decoys?

Yes.

Did I forget to mention? No cooldown on transversal either.

You will always hit someone. It isn't hard. Even when playing a monster that can be jetpack dodged like goliath.

Oh baby.
>be kelder
>cover the entire map in red AoEs

>the transversal faggot STILL hasn't learned what the word transversal means

Whatever, nigger, you understood what I meant.

>red storms everywhere
>red missiles coming from every direction

so those hyde and maggie skins.. never ever?

also
>releasing multiple skins for some characters
>while others only have default and the elite one

Next update supposedly

Would be funnier with just five monsters.

>goliaths artillery
>bob making his very own rock fort
>kraken just flying to the moon
>wraith just spamming decoys and making the whole place a nightclub

Uh... hi /evog/. I've only been playing your game for a week but... why are your devs so retarded when it comes to design?

Why does it feel like the patch notes were written by a 90's skateboarder on twitter? How has this game been out for some years and only has 4 maps? Why are skins different characters? Why does it feel like some of the older characters were designed by somebody who left TRS and they now have 4 college students in a room filled with pizza designing the new content? And finally will Evolve Stage 3 pay us to play it? ty

>wraith decoy spam
did they revert the change where CD starts when decoy dies?

>not having a 5 monster brawl on the map

THAT would be a fun game-mode.

I'm betting that moliath would win hands down though.

kraken would win easily since none of the other monsters can fucking touch it.

I need OC of bob barricading himself in the little sewers on weather station, stat.

rock throw
flame breath
acid spit
warp blast
every monster can jump high enough to reach him and swat his ass out of the air
behemoth tongue
every monster (besides bob) has quick movement abilities to dodge lightning

kraken would get fucking crushed, mate

>kraken spams traversal around the map making hundreds of mines
gg ez

>not boxing himself in with one of the hunters and forcing them to have a tea party with doilies, hats/dresses, and all that.

Is bob worth the 3dollars.

>other monsters immediately catch up with it because kraken has the single lowest amount of distance covered with traversals compared to the other monster

krakens traversal is only good because it lets him stay airborn. the other monsters can EASILY outrun him.

no he is still not balanced (actually shit, not OP)
might as well wait and pay with keys

Do perks stack with each other?

As in if I get the bonus damage bronze perk and the bonus damage gold perk, will they stack, or does only the highest one take effect?

Perks - yes

yes, perks stack. buffs from albinos do not stack with perks though.

your mom stacked just fine with me

was that really necessary

also renegade abe sucks

You take that back, motherfucker

>also renegade abe sucks

I bet you think Parnell sucks too, don't you.

no. hes bad.

parnell is bad but not as bad as some of them

What in the fuck are you supposed to do with Renegabe?

its hard for me to deal with people, im rendered mute in face to face conversations, the result of which im still unemployed at age 28, and have no real future

Swap / Swap / Reload

Now proceed to go 1 / 3 / 2 on the monster.
If you are reloading manually, you are doing it wrong.

I find shit reloads by the time I switch between stuff, rather run poison for max dot

ded

Was fusion plant any good? Apparently it'll be the first "new" map

It was pretty sick. Except the relay location is/was massively in favor of the hunters so going stage 3 was a big no-no. The map had jungle on the left, some barren stone pillars on the right and a fuck huge pit in the middle with a tyrant in it. The back of the map was the fusion plant itself and the front was a big jungle area. Rad part about the jungle is that theres a flying saucer tangled up in the trees that the monster can climb on using his traversal and can juke the FUCK out of the hunters because his model is hidden in the canopy

it was also the first Evolve map that was ever revealed

I kinda liked it in the betas

Im pretty sure the first evolve map was the dam. You know, that one with two paths and the big river down the middle?

No, the first ever revealed map was the fusion plant, nigger.

they both were n alpha/beta shut up

Fusion Plant is the FIRST

FUCKING

REVEALED

MAP

OF THE GAME

EVER

GET IT?!

FIRST! YOU FUCKING FUCCBOI

take it easy man

>t. upset autist

Wraith buff when?

>play any mode
>retards just try to facetank everything even if they are not assault
>some literally just stand there taking hits

someone has to do it since all you are pussies
man the fuck up and take it like a man

Egriffin is good also using capacity and just single firing smg at the monster is topkek

>shit ass Cabots that don't time their amp beams with the assault but instead use it whenever

it doesn't get much simpler than activating it the moment you see lightning connect with either Markov or when you hear Parnell's mating call or Lennox is clearly tenderizing meat or whatever

Can you facetank Kraken's ranged attacks the same way you can tank a goliath rock to protect your team?

there's actually a 1500 minutes played accolade for characters

jesus christ

Anyone have tips to win as monster on the overpowered map? Seems stacked in hunters' favor.

Yes. Just dodge the map.

Snowballs yes, you can shoot the mines. Vortex and lightning can't be tanked like rock

That does seem like the only option, I just hate to kill lobbies in an already fucky matchmaking system

I won the third time I played that map as goliath, and I did it by having at least three red buffs. You spam flame breath and charge while using grounder perks to keep them in right where you want them. Your abilities come up so fast you rarely have time to do anything else. Make sure to hit people with heavy attacks and press s to cancel charges for maximum burst potential.