No Man's Sky General - /nmsg/

You are always alone.

Meta info repository:
repo.nmsdb.info/

List of PC performance/crash fixes:
pastebin.com/NyEWip2r (embed) (embed) (embed)

Button click hold remover:
nomansskymods.com/mods/fast-actions/

Instagram Filter Remover (YMMV):
nomansskymods.com/mods/instagram-filter-remover

Annoying audio message remover:
nomansskymods.com/mods/shutup-disable-certain-annoying-audio-warnings/

How to get the Atlas pass:
eurogamer.net/articles/2016-08-12-no-mans-sky-atlas-pass-how-to-get-atlas-pass-v1-v2-v3

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=zzdYLRKioVg
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Post ships

Only 25 slots, sadly.

That ship is a cute

New version of shut up is out, looks like the experimental build one allows all of the audio bits.
Finally I'm free of chetnology recharged.

guy in last thread just mentioned an exploit to reskin your ship - can i get more details on this? is there any negative repercussion to doing this? does it revert for any reason?

>is there any negative repercussion to doing this?

Why would there be an issue modding a singleplayer game?

No issues, all you do is get in and out of your current ship, twice if you want to be safe, switch to the ship you want the skin of, reload previous save under options, the skin of the second ship will now be on the original ship's inventory and upgrades.

>the skin of the second ship will now be on the original ship's inventory and upgrades.
does this lead to any sort of incongruities in-game? i haven't started my game yet - do the names of ships correspond to their appearance at all? am i gonna end up driving a porsche named "ford taurus"?

Jackpot

I modded my face in Dragon Age and it lead to horrifying results in the fade.

Twice as nice

First actual mountain i see

Hard to believe that gold would have value in a galactic economy if there were planets covered in these.

They could've at least made the price of common elements/items worthless in systems where they were abundant to cut down on abuse

Best way of finding wrecked ships? Does looking for transmissions at beacons locate them? I did like 10 and only got observatories and whatnot.

>he doesn't know

whats up with the autosaves?

Using Signal Scanners to scan for Transmission signals give locations of Beacons, Observatories, and Transmission Towers. Transmission Towers give locations for crashed ships. In Gek systems Transmission Towers are bugged and you can repeatedly use the same one to discover a shit ton of ships.

>space jews let you use their towers as many times as you want
Truly bizzaro world

The only autosaves are when you get out of your ship. Otherwise you have to manually do it at a save point beacon thing.

This is also when the game uploads discoveries to the server, it doesn't do it when you upload them in the menu.

you faggots actually wasted $60 on this game congratulations you really did it lads.

>He doesnt know how to torrent

>implying anyone in this thread bought this game

I did faggot, and I have my reasons for it

>he plays on PS4

Reset everything to default after the latest experimental patch, besides changing FOV to 120.

New Nvidia drivers, everything set to max 1080 getting stable 60 on foot. i5 2500k at 4.0 / 970

Still get stutters while flying. Could probably drop AA and AF which now seems to be working through the in game menu. Vsync works as well.

>consolebabbs

At least I never have problems on consoles, it's just plug and play, do have fun upgrading your graphics cards every month and googling error code with your lava PC.

PCs are for sad geeks who have no life.

Game consoles are for those who want to entertain themselves.

I once tried using a PC - it was an absolute nightmare! (those who create these various versions don't exactly make them for the novice; they wrongly assume EVERYONE is a Geek) And using it was WORSE!!! Besides, I've ALWAYS used XBox, and it's too late to teach this old dog new tricks. And when PCs become as easy to use as XBox, games are as easy to load into PC as it is for XBox, and there's Halo 2 ported to PC (or better still, XBox games are compatible with PC), THEN I'll use it And You PC-ers DARE to accuse Bill Gates of being the 'Antichrist'?! At least he makes his game consoles EASY to buy & use!!!

So, until then, I say:
GET THEE BEHIND ME, PC-SATAN!!!

>he says this as ps4 neo approaches and will have games that don't work on normal ps4, just like the new 3ds

>tfw Class E systems are covered in Emeril

Apart from titles that are technically compatible and just run at an unplayable framerate with worse graphics on o3ds, like mh4u and majora's mask, is there even anything besides xenoblade that's n3ds only?

Ps4 neo or ps4 games works either way faggot. Did you get your source from ign who's all exaggerating everything? You're probably one of those people who only read headlines and believes whatever /v/ says

No Man's Sky is perfect for consoles. I guess the poor reception for PC and the performance issues have a lot to do that it's not that advanced of a game. It's basic. But in a good way imo. It gave me a very satisfying console experience and is compatible with the pick up and play mentality of consoles.

>mentality
Oh boy I sure am smart to bring my macbook to college class. Or are you one of those who don't know how to disable spying on Windows 10
Please, mentality has nothing to do with it.

do the warp drive upgrades stack or should i discard the older ones?

>land on a planet
>extreme heat
>fly a significant amount of distance closer to the sun and land on a planet
>extreme cold
PROCEDURAL GENERATION

They stack, keep them

>download latest codex patch
>have to start over
>fuck, whatever as long as the performance is—
WANG POW, YANG CHING PING PONGUU
how do I fix this

>there are people who would rather play NMS on their 20" PC monitor than on their 55" tv screen

jesus christ

If you go with just a single warp drive upgrade use tau, theta can't go to blue stars while tau can go to all.

Just install all of them next to you're actual warpdrive you get a boost for doing that

>what is hdmi out on pc graphics

>land on Venus
>it's almost 500 degrees average

>travel to Mercury
>it's below 200 degrees average

Umm wtf can someone check the trailers of the universe for God lying pls

do you use your tv as your main monitor, or are you plugging and unplugging shit every time you want to play something on your tv?

>repostan
Anyone encountered the bug with photon cannons on ps4?
They are on my ship I can't dismantle them and I can't recharge them
It says press x to activate but that doesn't work
Dying in my ship didn't work either

You can connect your computer to a TV you retard. Next you'll tell me it's easier to play with a controller while ignoring the fact that you can use a controller on a PC.

>not gog
Why?

>not gog
dude what? Games of Gondor turned into Armor Games like a decade ago

you don't need to do either, you can keep both plugged in all the time and keep the tv output off except when you want to play games and keep the tv set to cable input or whatever

I was watching a stream today and I wouldn't mind the Chinese bot voice. Sounded pretty cool.

What is a HTPC for $500?

Secondary, quick flip between 1 and 2 if I want to run on tv.

I like it also, I just can't read anything.

>"interact" over chain
>press E
>chair just spins around
This is the moment I regretted my purchase

Is the suit AI a chinese qt now instead of a gross chicago-british crossbreed?

Which should I download, the codex or gog version?

these planets all the the fucking same lmao dis is shit how do I refund life

Looks like the upper body of a Chinese bootleg Gundam.

is that a vortex cube on mars?

>WHAT ARE ATMOSPHERES???!??!?!!!!

>we reinvented the periodic table to make a particle that would defract light to be green, because the game is all about science

Any link for the experimental patch for gog version? The game crashes at start and I think it's because I don't have that SSE 4.1.

Codex is a crack, gog just doesn't have drm in the first place.

youtube.com/watch?v=zzdYLRKioVg

>find abandoned ship
>choose search noise option
>local beast hits you
>planet has 0 fauna
Nice game

who /assets/ here

500,000 in units but my ship is carrying millions

I don't think it's out, gog won't get the patch like steam has until it's stable/release or whatever... so the best you can do is copy over the gamedata files from the cracked copy and use your old gog exe, it might work for you but probably not, or just download the steam cracked copy and apply the update to that

you also might be able to get it running playably with the SSE 4.1 emulation work around

580 gravitino balls on search for a system that buys it at double, forgot to refill the stack that was being used to build and scrap the part to create stacks.

Sony's policy is that games have to have settings for both like PC games.

Why does Japan look like an asteroid?

whats the biggest ship you can buy?
i want one of those transporters you see occasionally

The only bug is saying they need to be recharged when they don't use any resources. And you can't dismantle them, only the Phase Beam. Letting you be without any weapons isn't smart.

these guys were pretty big

also

>thats on high settings

>game supposedly full of easter eggs
>no one will ever spend enough time on a planet to find them

how do the max PS4 settings compare to the max PC settings?

The only easter eggs are a big gold ball, an inert portal referencing cut content that was shown in the trailers, a cool ship that shows up when you have a 5 star wanted level in space and a cool mecha that shows up when you have a 4 star wanted level planetside.

>the only easter eggs
ah yes, the clear cut list of all easter eggs on 18 quintillion planets

I unintentionally rolled my eyes the first time I did it.

18 quintillion procedurally generated planets pulling from a pool of features. Kill yourself, you naive buffoon.

my cell phone camera doesn't have a "high" settings. cani play this game?

Just jet pack up there bro.

Let's say there's a full modkit out and you magically know how to use it to do anything

What do you change or add?

Jetpack runs out before you can get there with all 3 upgrades.
It happens if you leave your ship on a landing pad at a trading post and fuck off to farm some materials. You just need to call it back in.

Darker background colors in space look better to be quite honest with you family

user, most of the people sucking off this game have literally no idea how procedural generation works.

Sean Murray could stick a banana, an orange, and a pineapple in a blender and those bumblefucks would drink the whole smoothie still looking for a taco.

Black space
Bigger ships and battles
Customizable ships
Can look around the interior of your ship
No flying limit
Space stations that are actually different and no copy pastes
Maybe some more aliens

lmao

>gotta go fast

These upgrades and the melee+jetpack move makes for such quick travel on foot. Changes the game completely.

Slots is 48, but you can have that one a tiny ship. There are a couple really large cargo looking ships that are filled with containers under the wings that are rather large.

Is this mineral formation age appropriate?

>large cargo looking ships that are filled with containers under the wings that are rather large

And apparently also filled with nothing.

ok i'm fucking dying

MOTHER
FUCKING
FLYING FISH

What is the meaning of this

nigga I barely have any space on my exosuit with pretty much only the default shit