Hey guys I come from /tv/ due to the cuck invasion from tumblr and reddit I decided to branch out...

Hey guys I come from /tv/ due to the cuck invasion from tumblr and reddit I decided to branch out, I've always been interested in automobiles. What is the board culture like here? what are the dank memes and are you jannies and trips faggots as well?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=nwwbho87zeY
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

hello

the only meme you need to know about is GTR vs Corvette, pick a side and start shitposting

Basically Veeky Forums is unique.
People are generally helpful, and there's less /b/tards and newfag cancer since cars are an obscure hobby, and most people don't bother to learn about them.

V6 mustangs are better than V8s and we love the new Top Gear.

>V6 mustangs are better than V8s
get a load of this cuck

Miatas/mx5 are definitelly hetero op

Oh and the s2000 is gay

Fuck off, we don't need more faggots around here shitting up the boards with reddit tier memes.

Nobody fucking liked memes, they were being ironic and now we have an entire fucking generation of newfriends that only talk in memes, unironically.

So come here and discuss cars or fuck off back to /tv/ with your pepes

We abhore Initial D and eurobeat.

Rap is the best racing music.

sounds like a nice change of pace, maybe I can get some help then plz no bully. My car occasionally dies when I stop but starts again after a jump, is it my alternator?

>reddit

sounds like you'd fit in on /tv/ my man.

>being mad at memes

Veeky Forums is basically the worst auto forum on the internet.

No one actually talks about knowledge based topics like restoration, maintenance, custom work, metal fab, engine modifications, etc.

There are almost no owners of antique, classic, hot rodded, rat rodded, luxury, sports or otherwise unique or valued vehicles here. It's all just a bunch of low income people with commuter cars who don't even change their own oil. Everyone is in a pissing contest yet has little knowledge or experience regarding mechanics.

Too vague, its a possibility but that's too vague

What else can you tell us?

Sounds like you need to check your battery fluid.

Open the caps on top of your battery and take a big whiff.

If it smells like sulfur, it's in good shape and if it smells like mildew, you need a new battery.

not much out of the ordinary, my lights and radio still turn on so I don't think it's the battery, also have been hearing kind of a high pitch whine for a while.

Sounds like your alternator belt is losing tension and not charging the battery. The battery can have enough juice to turn on the lights/accessories but not enough to turn over the engine.

Check the tension on the belt.

I'm not accusing people of going to reddit, I go there a lot myself. I'm referring to when image macros became popular and introduced normalfags to Veeky Forums memes, who promptly over did it.

Veeky Forums entered a golden age where meme shitposting was shunned and discussion was had, then the ironic memes started and became a popular meme itself, but the new friends didn't know they were ironic hence they started overdoing memes here, reddit style.

There's your bite of Veeky Forums history

right, welcome to Veeky Forums. i'll explain how things work

>blind nationalism
Murikans shill the everloving fuck out of corvettes and vipers, and other cars that just happen to come from the US, somewhat ignoring how good the car actually is. eurofags and weebs have yet to realize they are good cars nowadays, but no one wants to say that because the americunts are obnoxious as fuck.

this also works the other way, naturally, with europeans and BMW/mercedes/lolaudi. and a few just shill jap cars because of reliability or something

>shitboxes/poorfags
now, i'd guess about 40% of Veeky Forums actually own a car and 95% of those who have are poor, so most cars people have here are shit. so, to feel better about themselves, they talk shit about people who can afford nicer cars, like the previously mentioned corvettes/mustangs or mercs/BMWs or something and make outrageous claims, usually including that their '96 Civic is better in most respect. usually involves statements such as "muh lightweight" and "muh feels"

then again, many people are actually helpful, and dont violently shipost as soon as they are given the opportunity

few things to know
>twingo is actually decent, cheap thing
>miata is a solid sports car. small and light and very fun, but just a little gay
>new muscle cars can actually handle pretty well, and the lolcantturn is obsolete
>contrary to popular belief, volvos can die. ( i think?)
>popups are idiotic. and sexy

Shitposting is confined to the containment thread

Alphonse is the best poster on Veeky Forums, never forget his name.

Not all poorfags are retarded, not by a long shot. Its just the civic/Honda fags and their "race weapons". You never see any other class of econoshitbox driver come even remotely close to civicfagging.

There used to be Forza threads...

Thank you m8 I'll give it a look

where is the containment thread?

Thank you, I have a 2003 mustang v6 (lol) what is the general consensus on mustangs?

>cars are an obscure hobby
What, cars have to be one of the most normie hobbies out there.

Mustang's are better than camaro's.

>camaro ss
lol cant turn 30hp per liter truckengine boat

>Mustangs
lolcan'tturn vs Power To The People cheap way to buy a V8.

>V6 Mustangs
No V8 and just as heavy, so not worth the money. They're not *terrible*, but you don't want to seek one out.

All Hondas are terrible.

see, you bought yourself a sportscar. you can go out to your car happily each morning and tell yourself you dont drive a kinda boring landbarge. Looks kinda cool, and it makes you feel special, but the V6 is kinda against the whole spirit of the car. 6/10 at least its not a VW. still better than my V40 btw

Its not that Hondas are terrible, its that fwd is inferior. Honda makes great fwd platforms but those will be shit on by red/awd.

Before this place corrupts you just remember that miatas are actually complete shit. A meme car. DO NOT BUY ONE. these cucks will do their best to convince you it is a great car but they're wrong man, just dont... please don't fall for it

post a real sports car not a boomer cash grab

>excuses
Fuck off, troll. It's better than an frs.

You're an idiot.

That's precisely the reason it's obscure, nigga. This is the normie zone on the festering asshole of the internet. Robots,
reddit fuckwits and tumblr/Facebook tards completely ignore Veeky Forums

whats wrong with a miata, I used to play gran turismo 3 and it was my favorite car on there and when I went into the market the only reason I didn't get one was because all I could find were convertibles which are for fags and women.

riiight

youtube.com/watch?v=nwwbho87zeY

That's a video game you twat, not real life...

>corvette
>literally the best car america has to offer
Wow if you think the corvette is shit then all the other american cars may as well not exist.

Miatas are for homo feminine men who wear scarfs and think they are sporty when driving a shitty goat cart designed for women.

Are these times BTG on tourist days or during closed days?

The ring isn't a great measure because of how much driver error can add up in one lap. (Neither is tsukuba)

Also nobody thinks the gt86 is a good car

Post Laguna seca times

Dude I can tell you've started visiting Veeky Forums at like 2012, you have no idea what the golden age was.

Laguna seca - 117 cars in the database
Tsukuba - 332

I wonder which one is more relevant

Thank you, another miata hater.. one internet to you good sir

Yeah obviously, I'm asking what's wrong with them though, I liked the way they looked.

>go cart track where the real cars never leave 2nd gear except maybe on the straight into the final corner

Do civicfags really think their econoboxes are better than top of the line sports cars?

Tsukuba is very good for comparing times because most are time attack results of best motoring

There isn't anything wrong with them if you realize what they are. They're not supposed to be supercars; they're literally just the British sports cars of yore but with actual reliability. They're nimble, they're light, and they make less than 120 HP. Just keep in mind they're only for fun and they're fine.

> real cars never leave second
If they aren't going much faster than 100kmh approaching the second corner, or entering the third corner in third, they are slower than slow as fuck
Please don't talk shit unless you actually know what you're talking about

There's no need to be upset over the fact that a civic smoked you. Apply some cream to your butthurt and you'll be better

It was a typo I meant 3rd, obviously they are leaving 2nd.

i don't ever drive on a go cart track, I destroy civics on the freeway

Good thing tsukuba isn't a go cart track then, it's a purpose built time attack track for tuners

Pressing the accelerator pedal must be hard, friend.

i bet u get btfo by lambo killer spec turbo civics all day err day, busta

t. Benchracer who fantasizes about being dagumi

Its a little over a mile fucking long with 12 corners, cars with real power have no room to stretch their legs and literally all the comparative times people post on here for tsukuba are the civic vs some pigfat muscle car.

Who cares if you can make tight turns when you can't even harnass the full power of a strong engine? Go carts turn tight as fuck

The main disadvantage of FF only comes into play under acceleration. Overall speed of the track shouldn't make much difference.

The main disadvantage is it can't into proper slip angle

>comes on automobile board and shits it up with own life story blogpost
"Those fucking cancer newfags from reddit and tumblr, amiright guys?"

Fuck you faggot the only way you could be more cancer is if you had a tripcode.

>what is lift-off oversteer

What I mean is that it loses traction to drive wheels under accel. Same thing as causes understeer.

you sound triggered.

We also have a sub-community in the truckerfag threads, which has started to grow itself by convincing people to go into trucking.

First class shitposting right there. 10/10.

good one

Veeky Forums is in worse condition from the /a/ invasion than /tv/ is from reddit. It's pretty much impossible to mention GM now without some weeaboo responding with GT-R infographics and smug anime reactions talking about how assmad they assume you are, and at any given time the catalog has at least one or two threads devoted to discussing anime. The generals are the only place where actual discussion happens now because people there have a valid interest in a brand/location/activity. You've essentially come to Syria looking to escape European Immigration.

This is exactly why Veeky Forums is such a weird place. People here usually aren't full-on robots, nor are they reddit/facebook-tier normalfags. Most other boards don't care about Veeky Forums and most normies would just go to forums and facebook groups for advice and discussion.

>this assmad highway roll cuck anboy

top kek

assmad gm fangirl spotted

>unironic twingoposting

fuck off

>american cars may as well not exist
ur not wrong pal

>v6

Had a giggle at this one

see turbo V6 > V8

>computer on wheels vs cletus special
>relevant

>describes 2011-2013
>then Veeky Forums entered a golden age
newfag detected

>excuses

>v6

>A V6 will outperform nearly all production cars in history under 750k

The fastest car of its time had a twin turbo V6.

>a v6 will cost north of 400k
>a "supercar" with a v6
>won't outperform anything within the same price range

>b-but muh 20+ year old example
>b-but muh f1

>supercar
>v6

>It was a typo I meant 3rd, obviously they are leaving 2nd.
blatant lie

>under 2850 lbs
>over 700 hp
>b-but it won't beat its competition!!!
kek, keep crying

The GT will literally outperform everything short of track specials like the Viper ACR and barely street legal race cars a la BAC Mono/Ariel Atom/Ultima/Radical.

>v6

I can't stop man I am laughing too hard

> claims tv is being invaded by tumblr
> is actually overrun by pol

while sounding like wet fart and falling apart within 10k miles

>nearly all the competition will get BTFO by a V6

Have you seen the maintenance intervals on said track toys?

insecurity issues detected

Nobody will buy it though because it has a V6

People don't buy supercars for performance they buy them for the exotic factor and you just don't get that with a V6. I mean look at F1 nearly all of the appeal has fucked off with the rest of its cylinders

We will see some flat out laughable maintenance intervals with that 700hp ford V6 even in comparison to other supercars

>Nobody will buy it
>Ford literally had to turn down customers because they won't make enough Ford GT to keep up with the demand

kek, GM fangirls on suicide watch

>is happy with a v6 costing 400k+ in this age

Are you retarded? There's been 6500 orders for the GT. They're only making 3000 of them. They sold out in less than a month.

>3000

There's why

>ford sold out 3000 400k dollar supercars in less than a month
GM BTFO!!

>6500 orders is impressive after all the hype and le mans bullshit