Monster Hunter General - /mhg/

Savory snack edition

>I have a question!
pastebin.com/7Aa6HxUh
Includes links to the FAQ, weapon guides, charm info, and more.

mhgen.kiranico.com/
Database with weapon trees, item locations, drop rates, etc.

sites.google.com/site/pingsdex
Same thing, in application form.

>Where does Veeky Forums play?
Create or find a Gathering Hall
Passcode: 7243 / Search
In Generations, Objective: Gathering
In 4U, Target: Fishing

Tags: MHGen, MH4U, MH3U, MHFU, MHO, MonHun, /mhg/

Previous thread Missing link

Capture those monsters you hunt user

Your current:

Village */HR
Weapon type
Weapon
Armor set
Style
Hunter Art(s)

Can someone explain to me when I should be using the Power Shot?
Also, how important is Focus solo? I've heard people say it's less relevant because of Adept

I'm not the only one who enjoys comfy village hunts and started a second playthrough for Gunning, right?

Magical Wyvern Girl

Does anything actually get new moves at High Rank?

>You can literally get the Barrage Earings in this game in less than an hour
Why is this allowed?

Stop eating that poisoned meat, silly Tiggy!

It's stupidly easy to solo too. All you need is A Rank in all 10 arena quests, and you only need to do it with 1 weapon per quest.

Fuck you.

I was looking for this picture to post last thread because of the OP but I only found it now.

I want to BE Meowstress!

>Not named "Rathain Subspecies"

wait, i thought you need S rank.

holy shit i might actually be capable of getting them after all

>tfw the lobby is always hoping you will leave.

Use power shot if it'll land on the correct hitzone and won't put you at risk of getting hit

>connection lost

A Rank only for Barrage, any rank for Sword Saint. It is VERY easy to solo, since A Rank is 10 minutes in all the arena quests. Just pick whatever weapon you're best with, and that's it.

How can you know that?

>rathain

As a new player with a New 3DS, which game should I get (first)?

4U, still has an active community and you get G rank

MHG is mostly a time waster for fans of the genre

If you care more about online multi, Generations. Otherwise 4U, the fuller game with more story and introduction for new players. Which isn't to say that doesn't still have some rooms online too.

ratian

I was just thinking about this the other day
Someone post the full thing for a trip down memory lane

rat

>Boot up 4U for the first time in months.
>My extensive slut wardrobe, arsenal of destruction and millions of zenny still intact.
>Goof around in shitty gear.
>Suddenly a repressed memory surfaces.
>Remember playing online once and got desperately hit on by two Spanish hunters to the point where they wouldn't depart unless I responded to their advances.
>Go to home menu, remove 4U, boot up Generations and go back to my male hunter.

Never again. Learned my lesson, /mhg/

Gen. 4U has been on sale a few times. Wait to pick it up for 20-30 bucks. Unless it is already, I haven't been paying attention.

Could've just save edited a sex change.

>memory lane
>3U's release

just the first page

>boot up 4U
>remember I still miss 2 small crowns
>go back to Gen

Guys, remember when Rathalos had that fly around the sky and suicide bomb into you? What ever happened to that? I think it was in Tri U.

>Ratian
Anime was a mistake.

>Random Japanese-looking letters
What did she mean by this?

4U if you have autism and want to jerk off to big numbers
Gen if you want something resembling variety

>No epic battles in gen
>No yama
>No fatalis

Save edit wasn't a thing back then.

Did los do that move where he flies higher and fires 3 fireballs? I've seen in Gen, but in 4U I think it only meant he'd do the claw.

>MHG is mostly a time waster for fans of the genre

It has been since 4U's before release.

>epic

I think you mean "cinematic experience" like Mohran and other snoozefests.

Save editing has been around since FU you dingus. 3U and 4U also had APM's editor.

3U was released 5 years ago user
I'm also a 3Ubabby

Those are powersaves, retard.

Dear Capcom,

Regarding your latest Monster Hunter game, which has been out for over a month now, and well, the general consensus is that MHGen is a step down from MH4U, and while I do find it enjoyable, I have to agree with them. This game feels like it should have came between the third and fourth installment of the franchise, and what we're left with is a installment that feels, well, rushed.

There are so many minor issues I have with this game, the fact that they changed the skills for the Volvidon armor set, a favorite of mine, amongst those said issues. But one of the major issues I have with this game is the sexist Housekeeper feature. Seriously Capcom? this is 2016, it's time to modernize with the rest of the industry, considering you've already faced criticism from mainstream critics for the way you portrayed Mika in the latest Street Fighter installment, with her slapping her own "fragrant", well, you know what. Why you decided to include this patently offensive Housekeeper feature in MH Gen is as baffling as it is frustrating for a self-actualized feminist as myself.

Ultimately you dropped the ball when it came to this game, I've had the game for a month and I've only played it a meager 50 hours, compared to the 150+ hours I've played the previous MH games. Seriously? Your job as a game developer is to make me want to purchase your games, and you should do so by appealing to the intrests of your audiences. We want monsters, we want story, and we want good armor skill sets, none of that sexist crap. At the end of the day, your bottom line as a company is dependent on my money. It is time you appeal to my austere values. I am unique. I am special.

Maybe somewhere along your way, your so-called "business model" made you forget that.

Sincerely your former consumer,
/mhg/

Thoughts?

>powersaves

You could extract your save data with CFW and edit it in 3U and 4U you moron.

You have been able to extract your save file since before 2015.

This will look great on my filter

epic

>liking Volvidon armor
>sexist Housekeeper feature
>CURRENT YEAR
>only 50 hours and "150+" hours in a MH game

You got me, user.

>appealing to the interests of your audiences

If they were doing that, we'd have a plethora of pantsu options instead of just Sailor, and loads of bikinis.

simply eric

I doubt Generations is an isolated event. Expect them to churn out a lower budget game every gen from now on. It's just an obvious thing to do with the leftover properties they invested in upgrading.

How do I become a KO King?

r. mika is canon trans though

When are we gonna get our first lgbt monster huh capcom???

Did not read desu senpai

Send it I dare you

SnS, w/o the skill KO King

Thinking of trying gunlancing. Any good armor sets to shoot for, other than the obvious Seltas set?

>save image of a fashionable clownsuit with crit up, crit draw, and focus
>can't find it anywhere

>Plesioth is an urgent

Don't.

Is this supposed to be bait or is this satire? Either way, it has the subtlety of a tank smashing its way through a shopping mall.

Not really, seltas is the best one outside of mixed sets

50-3585-7130-1854

HR6 shitter. Turns?

>join dreadking 4 room
>HR 2 hunter is there
>posts dreadqueen
>host joins

whats a good skill set for a blast cb?

>Yian Garuga is a key

Can someone please just post a good armor set for Mizu HBG? This is all too complicated for me.

Dios 1 SA or Seregios 1 SA?

Maybe they were all done hunting dreadking for the day and the new guy asked for help with dreadqueen.

literally every rathalos set except ex rathalos is better.

ask KO Han

Not ONE of the felynes I find is a quitter. Have a look and you'll see. Take your pick of the litter!

steve.

>EX rathalos
>less defense, 4 fewer slots
>a whopping extra 2 attack
>infinitely harder to make

who approved this

Do deviants have fixed health?

Steve will last you forever. Dios will not. Unless you don't care about optimization, in which case Dios because it looks cool as fuck.

>No guard
>No razor sharp
>No artillery
>Better
aight pham

>STILL calling Seregios le steve xD

>tfw I realize that Bherna and Wycademy gals are potential housekeepers for MH5

>not liking steve

1v1 me IRL punk

Oh no, the Meowstress' litter is empty, she's all out of felynes to offer hunters in need.

"Worry not little miss" you say, "I've got just the idea." "All it requires is you and my ____ "

you should apologize, you're making Steve cry

>
cringe

sis.

Does anyone have any good prowler palicos? P-please

phallus

You fucking pedos need to kill yourselves.

dual rajang

I made both cause I wanted both but I wasn't sure which to take on a hunt in general.

She's not real

not ex rathalos s. ex rathalos. it has hotblooded and adrenaline.

>guard
>artillery
>im a gl main lel trust me i know what im doing
fuck off.

>It's one of those "You don't need artillery and guard!" autists
Oh boy

Is there any good way to farm heavy spheres in this game?
I have 4 and need 10

i heard bonersquid's good for them.

But the Meowstress is a thousand years old

Later deviant quests give them I think. I know hellblade does. If you plan to farm a deviant that will get you a couple of them.

Nakarkos