/rlg/ - Roguelike General

FAQ and What to Play
FAQ: pastebin.com/Q7K91Q34
What to Play?: pastebin.com/yfUKx35f

>Webterminal
Rogue Nexus – Cataclysm online with shared map and tons of other roguelikes in a simple online package! (USA Only)
roguenex.us

>Individual Game Pastas
pastebin.com/SgMJ7Xwh

Previous Thread

Other urls found in this thread:

crawl.xtahua.com:8080/#watch-rlgrobin
elona.wikia.com/wiki/Shift_cores
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Shit OP.

Reminder that there are accounts for all us on in the thread to use so we can help eachother become better and have fun!
User: rlgrobin
Pass: ownfault
EXCEPT on xtahua, where the pass is robin

And reminder that one user already gotten a win on one account some time ago so just keep playing!

>OP doesn't have slex ascension with The Amy

4th for tummies are for cummies.

Even if I suck, can I still use them

Yes, its for anyone to use. If you need help, ask for help in here and drop a link on which server youre playing

My situation was mostly the product of shafting myself on D:5 and then again on D:7.

(I lived somehow)

>dig and run towards a 2, 3 thick wall
>make a choke point and kill them one by one
Easy xp

it's a robin account, splatting is encouraged

>posting some retard's attention whoring suicide instead of the queen of /rlg/'s SLEX ascension

Um, try again sweetie, this is the actual object of worship of /rlg/.

Please be careful posting images like that, we need to ration the loli tummy so it lasts the entire thread

>no more combining of wins and posting them in the op
>there was atleast 3 wins including rlgrobin last thread
Its sad

Oh shit what. How the fuck is spiders one of the lesser difficult of the branches? This orb spider is demolishing me. 2 HP left.

I used to do this during the tournaments but it's just too much work.

dodge the orbs dumbfuck

They like lock on you, how the fuck. I have no blink or tele.

Someone was doing it for non-tournament stuff too

Sidestep them

Learn to fucking dodge numbnuts. Or used your multiple ranged options that you should have by this point. Spider is squishy as fuck and you should have a the tools to squish all the stupid bugs.
Sidestep motherfucker. If you're more than two away and not engaged you should not be getting hit. If you are engaged then you should be blowing up its friends with the orbs.

I died. Well, that's alright. Furthest run so far.

>dying in spider
Weren't you playing a MiBe or something?

Yeah, a DsMo

What god?

Chei

Okay, now that makes sense why you weren't dodging. That being said, slouch nigga. Spider is squishy as fuck and fast as shit, slouch wrecks it.

HAHA FUCK YOU BEOGH

Oh right, I don't use slouch too often except when they're in groups so I forgot. I was 1v1ing this orb spider after dealing with another orb spider and his buddies.

I miss the old smiley faces for friendlies.

You're chei. You were quite literally never going to catch it or dodge the orbs successfully. You needed to use one of your ranged options, either slouch or a wand or a net or something.

For reference, your background and god are pretty important info that you shouldn't leave out if you're getting your ass kicked and want help.

>buy a new helmet
>its this

>Aliaster

That's actually pretty funny.

Funny how you guys are so quick to shit on each other even when you don't know the full situation

Yeah I mispelled that and almost wanted to restart but I got lucky on some loot so fuck it. Geryon-sama will be mine.

That's actually the right decision to wear it, though.

READ-ID YOUR SCROLLS
Do so away from your friends on the off chance one is a holy word.
Its not our fault he left out critical information. We assume a newfag is playing some form of tabstorm character.

Same

There's different servers?

Cool. I'll try a few times then.

that's a cute golfball of fire

Theres like 7, 8 servers to play on, theres one on each continent atleasr

I don't think there's an Antarctican server

I see. I get it. I'm on the CAO server.

>READ-ID YOUR SCROLLS
Did that before going to snake.
>Do so away from your friends on the off chance one is a holy word.
I already ID-read holy word earlier, it's fi-i-ine.
Should I waste an acq to try and roll for a randart demon trident or what?
I feel quite satisfied with what I have, actually. I'd maybe like to have a healstick, but I have severe doubts I'll get that from a single wands roll.

back when friendlies were smiley faces i had to quit webtiles and go use console while clearing V:5 as a beoghite

it's just way too busy to see clearly when your entire screen is fulla orcs and vault guards

>double rPois ring
Anonnnnnnnn..

>+fly rN+
very good cloak IMO, wear it in Coc:7 so u can fly over the water and take less torment damage

>-3 ac for +4 str
It's not great unless you're a transmuter in which case str is literally the most amazing stat in the universe

Fuck I always assume rpoise has 3 pips too.
Oops, that feels deathly cold!

>mfw finally got a transmuter to take off
You have no clue how fucking long i've been trying to accomplish this, but I could never make any further than lair. I got Hydra form online, bladehands, spiderform, and Dragon form is at about 30%. I just cleared Orc, what should I do next? I got Shoals and Spiders Nest.

>dragon form 30% in orc
it sounds like you are training too much tmut when you should be spending that xp in UC/dodge

crawl.xtahua.com:8080/#watch-rlgrobin

Unarmed DgGl with a bow. I see someone decided to go to Snake so let's try doing that.

Tm is kinda disappointing once you realise Blade Hands and Statue Form are infinitely better than any other spell you'll find later.

each pip of strength gives like 10% more damage
stack that with amulet of harm and you will be wrecking shit

actually it's more like 5%

But that one user said that tiles is easier to see info

it adds 2.5% of base damage
each 39 strength increases the multiplier by 1

well generally true but it was real bad for huge crowds of allies compared to what console does (which is just a different background color for them)

Yeah, It kind of sucks but at least the other forms are cool for flavor.

Btw I picked Chei and these orb spiders are absolutely fucking me up. What do I do about them?

Apparently throw shit at them or use wands. Or just use slouch.

run

THANKS NEMELEX

Why does everyone I see that records CDDA always avoid PK's reimagining mod? In fact, why do so many of them only play vanilla or just make the game easier in general.
>generic guns and ammo
>craftable guns
>no joke monsters
>no Dino mod
>Lowered enemy spawn frequency below default despite it being their 100th run
So easy and boring.

>PK's reimagining mod
The one time I tried it, I got an error message on starting the game.

Well, that and nobody has any idea what it actually does because the description is useless.

Use the experimental build. PK's adds a ton of new monsters to rebalance all of the different enemy factions in the game to a relatively equal level while adding some new interesting twists as well.

Are there any elona players in the thread who can answer a question for me?

How exactly do you need to word your wish to get a shift core in elona+?

elona.wikia.com/wiki/Shift_cores

Apparently these can be wished for in the current version even without wizard mode, and give you buffs and a change of character sprite of your choice for a type of customizable super mode.

I just wanted to know if you can wish for one type specifically, or wish for "shift core" and hope the rng smiles upon you.

>not playing with generic guns
i bet you like the laundry too

because fun

Might be better to ask here:

>Playing with generic guns
Beyond gay

I bet you like NTR as well

>not self-inserting as the bull
lamo low test?

>I bet you like NTR as well
Woah there user, that's one hell of an accusation.

>not self-inserting as the girl

you guys are doing it wrong

Honestly, I did. But for some reason no one ever answered and I didn't want to spam the thread to be spoon fed.

Even the elona wiki is tight lipped about it, the only way I even found the page was it was mentioned in the Elona thread. Google surprisingly turns up nothing.

>inserting as a nigger
Well at that point you may as well kill yourself

there's an NTR mod for cdda?
link?

>nigger
>implying I don't self insert as dirty old men

Well, it looks like the thread on /jp/ is nearing the bump limit. All I can say is ask again there, or hopefully someone here can help. I don't play enough Elona to know. I come back to it now and again, but I'm pretty bad.

DED

I lost a straight 1 on 1 from full HP against a very ugly thing I had no resistance against, at XL 18 as a fighter guy with a plate. I just couldn't register it can actually happen until it did, I thought I'll just lose a lot of my HP like against shock serpents in Spider.

Yeah, I could've blinked away, multiple faults on my part.

i do though

>go down the stairs, enter D:5
>see this
What do?
This OoD spawns are getting ridiculous.

what sort of things should i be setting out to do in cataclysm? the newb guides arent very good

i dont have the materials to really safehouse and im running out of food pretty quickly, do i just endlessly fill plastic bottles with lake water or what?

Call the FBI and my local pastor.
>Your Iron FBI Agent goes berserk!

e[V]oke [c]ummies

go upstairs, exclude staircase, exit dungeon

depends. if you want to have fun, sprint to a gun store, loot it, and blast your way out. then try to reclaim a few houses on the edge of town for supplies and as a safe fallback area. otherwise craft some shitty spear or caltrops and enjoy the optimal tedium

>pastor
>summoning greater priest in this case
Pretty sure they have a chance of going hostile in this kind of situation. :^)

You're confusing it with shota, shitter.

Pastor is the lesser priest, user. Come on.
Besides, I'd rather die by the hand of a righteous man raised in anger than be sullied by such a despicable thing.

is the gfmae really that bad? its fun right now but i just started

I recommend using your mating press skill

H-here we go.

Gonna bring victory to weebkind while being happy as can be.

>playing as a tasteless fujoshi
>not an obese fetishist
>not editing a bunch of holy texts in and renaming them as various doujins
HMPF

Why doesn't DaggerfallRL exist yet?

Nobody is good enough to recreate the bug experience of the original.

>having torso encumbrance

You aren't making the weebs happy.

wew