What kind of bike should I get?

I've saved up 4k to buy a dual sport. I've been looking at lot at the DRZ but I wanted to get another opinion. I'm 5'8" and 165 and I sat on a XR650L and I had a hard time keeping my feet on the ground.
Mostly going to be riding to trails and back on the weekends. I don't have any experience riding dirt bikes but I don't want to buy one just to get tired of it a year or two later.

WR

Drz400 isnt powerful enough
650 can be lowered easily.
Most bikes will be too tall. Most can be lowered.
WR450 is great (i have one) just needs re-geared for street.

M A N L E T
A N L E T M
N L E T M A
L E T M A N
E T M A N L
T M A N L E

this wr450f dual sport is master race

>Drz400 isnt powerful enough
lmao what
for trail riding? it's almost too heavy

For street riding.

WR250X

5'8" Xr650l owner here
>it's way too big for tight trails, especially for someone without experience
A lowering link and better seat will set you back about $300 but will lower you 2" which makes a huge difference. The bike is great for logging roads and powerlines, does pretty good on quad trails but is shit for single track and nasty shit because it's so top heavy and hard to ride at a low speed in the woods. A drz is probably your best bet of you want to trail ride and still want it to be comfortable on the street, if you insist on more power the dr650 is the lightest of the big dual sports

400sm masterrace reporting in

>5'8" and 165
DRZ400 is plenty of power for your size/weight. Its especially fine if your a beginner to intermediate rider and your not a speedfreak.

DRZ400 is a ton of fun on the street and the trails.

>costs as much as or more than a wr450
>has a hard time going 65mph even when re geared
No

the wr450 is also not street legal

Easily made legal though. Like VERY easy.
Cost me i think $30 to make mine legal.

some states wont let you do that.

Yeah, in those states you have to go the North Dakota title route.

learn to read faggot

yeah its a pain in the ass, (i tried it with a yz250) my options were to title it out of state, get it road legal and inspected in that state, and then transfer it back into my state as an MC instead of an OHV. or "R" title it.
Dont get me wrong, a plated WR450 is quite possibly the best all-around dual sport but OP isnt very experienced and it dosnt sound like hes going to be going all that fast on the roads, yes the drz is heavier but the power is also more manageable for a new rider and with a pipe and air box mod they arent that sluggish

DRZ400sm has plenty of power.

Stock gearing with mine and I can run 70 on the highway all day and I don't think it's too buzzy. Top speed is right around 95-100 indicated.

Can maintain a solid wheelie through 3rd and 4th just from clutching it up in 2nd/3rd and using power to keep it up.

Good on trails. I'm 5' 9" and I can't quite flat foot both sides but that's not really the idea of an enduro style bike anyway.

DRZ400s or DRZ400SM would both be a great choice. XR650's are torquey but are heavy, tall, and like to eat rings/valves more often.

>Opposite of truth troll strikes again.

first time I've struck.
and I speak from real world experience - not from your version of truth.

As do i.
The wr450 stomps all over the drz in every aspect.
Nearly 20 more hp too.
DRZs are turds for beginers

>dosnt realize OP is a beginner after its been stated atleast 4 times
>militantly aggressive about his bike preference

hows the autism going?

I never said a thing about the wr450.

Go ahead though and tell me why the drz doesn't have enough power for a dual sport/supermoto. It can do highway fine, it can do trails fine, it can do woolies fine, it can do 90+.
Stop trying giving misinformation to someone new just because "hurr durr stop liking what i dont like"