Emulation General - /emugen/

emulation.gametechwiki.com/

Read the General problems FAQ before asking questions. If you still need help, post your specs (speccy screenshot), OS, emulator version number and details of what's wrong.

emulation.gametechwiki.com/index.php/General_problems_FAQ

Please contribute to the wiki if you discover any inaccuracies or have relevant information to append.

Other urls found in this thread:

s3kr.it/gauntlet.html
youtube.com/watch?v=p12KG8wYD-Q
buildbot.libretro.com/nightly/apple/
gbatemp.net/threads/retroarch-libretro-thread-ps-vita-edition-nightlies-included.437034/page-17
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

muh gooey

ur gooey

Is Vulkan going to save emulation?

fill me with gooey

what emulator is that running on?

>no OP about Saturn emulation

A plugin-based one. It's the result of using a bad setting in PeteOpenGL2Tweak.

No, it's just another false savior that was overhyped.

My question is: Why don't they just automatically apply the right settings for the most popular games?

I don't have any problems reading or typing, so no there's no aspect of Mednafen that makes it subpar in my experience.

Doesn't run Super Tempo

It is, that's what happens if you mess with the defaults.

does it play sonic jam? want to try out the low poly sonic 3d demo

pepsiman could release today on android/ios and it's probably sell

probably will soon
hopefully
and hopefully we get a redump rip too

>pepsiman could release today on android/ios and it's probably sell
i'd probably buy a papsiman dlc character for rayman or some other runner, but it'd have to be remastered for me to buy it.

there are sites that show you random steam games for you to play,does anyone know a site that randomly picks you a game for you to play? from nes up to gamecube.

Castlevania: Legacy of Darkness

Ys: The Oath in Felghana

s3kr.it/gauntlet.html but it's down right now.

For modded Wii, which is the better SNES emulator out of RetroArch and SNES9xGX?

I'll inject where possible but that won't cover everything

dey da same nigga

snes9x-next is a port specifically optimized for the Wii within Retroarch. I use it and it runs everything I throw at it at full speed, like Super Mario RPG, Kirby Super Star, and Yoshi's Island. If you don't want to use Retroarch, Snes9x GX is pretty much the same thing. The only difference is that Retroarch can run at native 240p resolutions.

Cool thanks. The three games you mentioned are the main ones that come to mind where injection isn't possible.
Full speed and 240p will be great. Did retroarch implement pointer control for mouse/light gun?

>does it play sonic jam? want to try out the low poly sonic 3d demo

Yep.

Trying to emulate Kirby's Adventure and the framerate seems to drop a lot when using abilities.Using Bnes through Retroarch. Any recommended settings?

>Any recommended settings?
Nestopia.
And that's probably normal. NES games weren't known for their silky smooth framerates.

So running PCSX-PGXP and it's pretty awesome but I notice no matter what I do it applies a blur to some textures? For instance, when playing Chrono Cross the character profile art is smeared and looks pretty ugly. Can this be helped at all or is it just something you have to deal with?

Don't have a screen of the problem I'm talking about here but it looks great outside of that.

'ForceNearest = true' in inis/gpuPeteOpenGL2Tweak.ini

bnes ain't good, but that isn't the source of your problems. nes games tend to have lots of frame drops, it's the game, not your emu or pc

if it is your pc buy another pc instantly

oh fuck thanks a ton!

So this is the POWER of uprezzing.

my 360 controller broked
what's a good wired controller with a usable dpad for emulation
maybe something third part cuz im poor

iBuffalo snes controller if you don't need sticks or R2/L2. Cheap af and pretty good.

Otherwise, a ps3, ps4, or xbone controller has a nice dpad.

Is there anything like nemulator, but for game boy games?

youtube.com/watch?v=p12KG8wYD-Q

Disable xBrz in the inis.
For some reason its on by default.

Why not just use like LaunchBox or something?

looks like shit

If only Sega had stuck it out with the Saturn..... :(

I still believe discontinuing it did more harm than good in the end due to customer ill-will generated. At that point it didn't matter how good the DC could be; everyone was too pissed off to care.

>CRT shaders in webms

literally kill yourself

Fuck yourself you piece of shit, don't come back here.

Calm yo' titts.

Why does this always bother people? We all use them anyway unless you're a crtfag I am also a crtfag

>We all use them anyway
speak for yourself

They compress like ass.

I think he's just talking about in webms, ie. the reduced resolution, and low bitrate doesn't work well with the added blurring and lines.

Does anyone know of a GBA iOS emulator? I remember being able to use GBA4iOS, but the new version is now behind a paywall, and I can't manage to find a copy of the old version anymore. Any alternatives or help?

Why can't Nintendo emulate the SFX chip for SNES? Why do we have to rely on third parties for playing Yoshi's Island?

The ones posted lately look fine, who cares about having a webm with maximum quality when it's usually less than a minute, and you know the person isn't using something shitty like supersal or xbr

It looks terrible.

No one's saying it has to be perfect, but there's no excuse for making it looks so disgusting.

>The ones posted lately look fine
Just sayin, and they have been incredibly short.

RetroArch

I keep finding dead links, do you know anything live?

>but there's no excuse for making it looks so disgusting

Yep, everyone will just start recording their personal gaming sessions with the game looking like shit without shaders so a litte faggot like you can look at less blurry webms.

Just kill yourself already.

They already look like shit with them so what would that change?

buildbot.libretro.com/nightly/apple/

RetroArch can record video straight from the core before any post processing gets done, so you can play with shaders without your video having them, then scale the video later however you'd like.

>turn off gpu recording
>make webm recording script that scales it however you want

Don't make me suffer for your retardation.

>recording
meant transcoding

What's your favourite horror game, emugen?

I use obs to record, last time i tried the retroarch recording i needed to make a special shortcut and it was fuck huge size for the files.

Fuck off you autistic piece of shit, kill yourself already.

I literally will kill myself if you promise to never post your shitty webm's ITT again.

The rights to SuperFX are probably owned by whatever company owns Argonaut's assets, and it's easier to just not bother.

Real life.

Silent Hill series are the only games I've ever played that actually felt scary.

Nintendo is demonic.

His hair is just one giant block

Filesize shouldn't be that big if you're not recording with video_gpu_record. Would be nice if the recording feature was expanded on though. Setting like an X minute cache that you could save to file with a hotkey would be a neat feature... Or at least just being able to turn on recording at anytime through the GUI.

Click on the webm, don't watch it just by passing the mouse on top of it.

I mean i THINK you already know that but you seen like the retard type so i don't know.

Webm user keep up.

The SuperFX lives on as the ARC microcontroller. But I'm sure that Nintendo owns hella rights to the SuperFX, just like the own rights to Star Fox.

Stop posting your shit webm's, retard.

Yep, mentally retarded i knew it.

>He's a dummy.
so true

How do you set up PCSX2 for games that natively support 16:9?

Do you just set the console to 16:9 in the OS and then set the game to 16:9, or do you need to change the emulator aspect ratio as well?

has anyone here used one of these for emu? im torn between this and one of those ibuffalo controller. I found a wii for $10 at a garage sale and im thinking about turning it into my emu box.

>How do you set up PCSX2 for games that natively support 16:9?
System > Enable Widescreen Patches
You should have a cheats_ws.zip in the main PCSX2 directory, if not download the latest nightly build.

I'm not talking about patches
I mean the games that had a widescreen option on actual PS2s

Oh, set aspect ratio to 16:9 in the video settings of PCSX2, then enable widescreen in-game.

I want a rope around your neck RIGHT FUCKING NOW, you insufferable everfucking turboautist doublenigger faglord.

Do it.

>>How do you set up PCSX2 for games that natively support 16:9?
>System > Enable Widescreen Patches
If the game natively supports 16:9 this is exactly what you don't do, you set the game to 16:9 ingame and you switch the PCSX2 aspect ratio to 16:9 with either the keyboard shortcut or via the emulation settings > GS window menu

it's a good pad but the analogs don't work on the wii (they didn't a while back at least)

thanks
i get paranoid about accidentally stretching or squishing things when there are multiple aspect ratio options butting against each other

>the reddit faggot is the same faggot posting the shitty webms

I should have known.

Yeah I glanced over the question thought it was about general widescreen hacks. Though it should be noted that there are a few PS2 games that crop to 16:9, or even stretch, so it might be best to use hacks anyway, depending on the game.

Less mouthing moar knot-tying, cockchomper.

Is this him?

I guess I understand the point of retropad but using an xboxone pad took me a while to get used to figuring out what was where on a retropad.

Why can't they just have layouts that recognize what controller you're using or just download templates for your controller or something. At least for the most popular ones like Xbone/360/DS4/DS3

>The only difference is that Retroarch can run at native 240p resolutions.

snes9xGX does 240p as well, it was actually implemented long before retroarch wii even existed

>Did retroarch implement pointer control for mouse/light gun?

No.

To be fair, as hinted by his post, RetroPad is just an abstraction layer.

Cores can reliably map to their RetroPad equivalent by default before handed over to the user for further customization.

This is why PS1 games work fine despite O being "A" on the RetroPad initially and in the menu, the core is remapping it by default.

I don't think templates/popular remaps are a good idea since nobody is ever fucking happy (surprise) and they'll still be complaining.

For instance on my Vita I swapped A/B for GBA for A to be on X and B on O. But for 3-button Genesis games I leave them alone (Square A, X B, O C).

The winning move is not to acknowledge the complaints, let them complain among themselves, and hope they find their own solution.

Well put.

yeah once they added remapping (now called controls on quick menu) most of my concerns were removed.

the only issue that remains there is analog remapping

Yeah the TLDR is:
>nobody is ever fucking happy (surprise) and they'll still be complaining.

gbatemp.net/threads/retroarch-libretro-thread-ps-vita-edition-nightlies-included.437034/page-17

>Anyway, I keep seeing people here spouting the same misinformation so I felt compelled to correct some of it. I hope this time people can manage to at least conduct themselves in the proper manner so that I don't have to quit this forum again out of frustration, so let's see how that goes. I am well meaning to a fault but I have my limits when it comes to certain abuse.

>I think I asked kivutar to add at least a blinking animation to the text input so that it is LOGICAL for people as to what is going on, but as ever with certain guys in my team, I tell them one thing and a few months later it is still not done

based SP ^^

>Beyond that, I consider this a total nonissue and any further debate on this is just likely going to piss me off again. So let's not do that.

>Respect that RetroArch is different in this regard and that there is a reason for it being like this.

LOL

I think the frustration comes from the fact he knows he is not capable of designing and implementing a better, more user friendly solution.

It's perfect as it is. It is not trying to be your regular emulator, it never did.

To be fair the users are at fault to because they refuse change.

I actually prefer RA's consistency across multiple devices now instead of literally who's totally sick and cool fully featured front end for one device, and something different for another.