pastebin.com/S2eDehza

Pre-War Thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

reddit.com/r/Fallout/comments/4y7sd1/nuka_dlc_this_is_why_i_love_fallout/
strawpoll.me/11018897
nexusmods.com/newvegas/mods/58139/?
nexusmods.com/fallout3/mods/22070/?
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

What's your favorite Fallout game, /cfog/?

2nd or New Vegas

FNV=Fo2>Fo1

Yeah it's really strange, I've tried with those replacers activated and deactivated but it's the same either way. When I have any weapon equipped it's just stuck pointed to the left, then if I aim in it comes up and blocks half the screen.

New Vegas, yourself?

I have a feeling most people here will say 2 or New Vegas.

I'm gonna go with New Vegas.

4th for NCR

>New Vegas, yourself?
Actually, my favorite is _1, and it's only really because I really, REALLY like the Master. I think he's a really interesting villain and he's probably my favorite character in the Fallout universe.
I think 2 is actually the better game, and the best overall Fallout game. Fallout 2 has so much to do and so much content it's insane. Hell, when I played through it last month I missed whole locations, and did nothing in New Reno. The game has so much to offer.

Is Mojave Outpost the only NCR location with free beds, not in an infirmary?

I think the tents in Camp Golf have usable ones.

New Vegas, but the best is Fallout 1.

Also, according to Reddit, spooky skeletons are the soul of Fallout.

reddit.com/r/Fallout/comments/4y7sd1/nuka_dlc_this_is_why_i_love_fallout/

>nuka_dlc_this_is_why_i_love_fallout

>This is for anyone who thinks Bethesda doesn't understand Fallout's dark humor.

What is up with Bethesda and their fixation on skeletons.

>the three people still employed by Obsidian are streaming vidya
>only 24 people there and they're just spouting maymays for attention

ENVIRONMENTAL
STORYTELLING

When you're working on games that you can't talk about much, you gotta do something so people don't forget you exist.
If I'm right they're making Pillars 2 and Tyranny right now.

But they also like including them in other games, even as creatures in Elder Scrolls. I don't think there isn't a Bethesda game that doesn't have skeletons as props or creatures.

>dude teddy bears in questionable situations lmao

Redguard and Fallout Shelter.
I could be wrong. Not played either

The first.

Glad to see the pastebin was added.
Thanks, OP

So, anyone else get around to playing Fallout Resurrection? I thought it was pretty good.

No.
Why are you even asking that, people are just going to use it as a hook to blog.

Anybody willing to link Smartass.esp, original download is dead.

>Environmental Skellytelling.

Not yet, but I'm interested in it. How long is it, say compared to Fallout 2?

Are there any mods that would make VATS only playthroughs fun and balanced?

What is it, user? Too DARK for you?
This man DIED having FUN, that's some top tier dark humor.

I sure hope so, I can't find it.
As soon as I can, I'll MEGA it and add it to the pastebin.

kek

Reminder to the friendly user who updated the pastebin that the FO1/FO2 stuff still needs to be updated.

>This is why I love Bethesda in general. In every Bethesda game I have played, skeletons are used to share an untold story.

>untold story

>OF A FUCKING AMUSEMENT RIDE WRECK

If you can tell a story from a single skeleton, it probably isn't a very good one.

To be honest it would fucking over the top fun to be on a roller coaster just as a nukes start going off. It would be the ultimate roller coaster ride.

Not nearly as long as Fallout 2. It's probably a little shorter than Fallout 1. You'll probably hit level 15-18 before heading to the final area.

Thank you, I should have it done before the next thread.

And judging by the slow rate in which the thread is moving, that won't be for another 3 or 4 days.

Fallout 2 for sure

Hopefully, because I'm rather lazy.

What was it?

Nothing user. It doesn't exist. It's just a meme.

I want to do a house character. I'm thinking a really professional agent kind of guy, Sneak, Guns, Speech, Barter. High Intelligence, Agility, and Charisma.

Lad, to be a fine gentleman you will need a revolver, a suit, hat and the obligatory mustache.

Thinking about it, Tactics would be a lot better if it had that IMP character creation that JA2 had

Like, a questionnaire that determines your traits?

>tfw you want to replay Old World Blues but remember too late how much health enemies have and how frequently they spawn

It's having to complete that school area and stealth test like 5 times each that gets me. I swear OWB is the only DLC I like less each time I play it.

Set the game to very easy, it's not your first time anymore.

Fallout 1.

"movetoqt" like a motherfucker, user.

In Nuka World the Hubologists are back

Use that sparingly, you can royally screw your mods up if you use it too much at once, because they never get a chance to load or only partially load.

Your dicking my shit?!

They probably just went to a Fallout wiki, hit the "random article" button, and picked the first sect they came across to put into the game. I refuse to believe that it was intentional when they've shown they don't care about lore consistency or what happened in Fallout before the third game.

Is there any way of solving this bug where if you die while zoomed in you'll then zoom in instantly when you reload? It's really jarring.

man that dead money horror overhaul was fun

>152095526
I'd sacrifice Honest Hearts or Dead Money for a postgame DLC that revamped the Mojave depending on your ending. Besides adding extra dialogue I couldn't imagine it even being that hard - replace losing factions with winning factions, move and remove some characters, maybe alter the design of the Strip a bit and change some locations to be either more or less populated, or deserted or burnt down or whatever. Instant fail any quests that conflict with the result of the power struggle, tweak the ones that could possibly be given by a different faction member.

I imagine it'd be easier than creating a whole new map and set of assets and everything else that comes with the DLCs Obsidian produced.

Fucked up my quote

Are... you playing a midget?

>I'd sacrifice the best two DLCs
Nah man lets get rid of OWB instead.

... or you could just do this yourself. Not like modding Bethesda games is hard.

No I just really fucked up the perspective on that screenshot...it looked fine when I took it

>Roleplaying as Todd in both vidya and real life

How tall is Todd?

It's more accurate to ask how tall he isn't.

Ok how tall isn't he?

Very?

This image always gets me.

OWB is my second favourite though

As if I have the time, willpower and any knowledge at all when it comes to molding to get it done though... Maybe I'll have a go at it in the distant future when I have time to sink

strawpoll.me/11018897

>Honest Hearts
>good

nigga what

>You will never play a complete version of HH
And no, Honest Hearts Reborn doesn't count because it's completely shit.

As soon as I say Salt Upon Wounds as a women, I removed it.

>Salt Upon Wounds as a women
What the fuck?

I didn't even get past the Legion guy with the green hair.

From what I gathered via the change log,
>Legion favored "ending" doesn't exist. You help them a bit before siding with Joshua.
>Joshua leads a tribe called "The Burned Men" who all wear his iconic mask. Joshua incidentally doesn't wear the mask.
>White Legs are now the Bloodstones.
>Daniel, Follows Chalk and the rest of the cast are not present.
>Hell even the Sorrows and Dead Horses are not present.
>Joshua has a new voice, and it is fucking awful.

Wait you can't even side with the Legion? That was the single reason I thought about checking this out. Guess it's back to Chaos in Zion whenever I do a Legion run.

>Ah Bethesda, environmental storytelling geniuses.

>50 brownie points awarded for this post

Purge them all

I hate to be that guy, but some if it, especially in Morrowind and Oblivion, is actually really nice. It makes areas stand out because you remember the little story the zone had. Lost Boy Cavern in Oblivion springs to mind at how well they do these "mini" stories.

That being said, Bethesda cannot write a main story or quests for shit, and certainly don't get what Fallout is. Let them piss all over TES all they want because that is their baby, but leave Fallout alone.

haha eat shit daniel

HH isn't complete? I though all the NV DLCs were finished as intended, unlike the base game. What else did they plan to include?

Why would they change so much? Is it supposed to add to the base DLC or be totally new? Because "Reborn" sounds more like a revamp than an overhaul.

I do like Bethesda's environmental storytelling, it really does add that little bit more to some potentially boring locations. Would have helped NV a lot imo, probably the only thing Obsidian could have learned from Bethesda.
Shame there's none of it in FOR, typical that they'd ignore the one thing they did right.

Eh, I'm pretty damn sure you can find an hour per day to spend on modding (I mean, you do have time to browse Veeky Forums :^)). After all, you are doing this for yourself, so it really doesn't matter when you are finished.
As for knowledge, just get yourself GECK and look at how devs did it/read the wiki.

Helping Daniel is the worst choice.
>Dead Horses still get fucked up.
>White Legs become weak, allowing for the 80s to walk into Zion become the next big powerful tribe.
>80s are arguably more powerful and larger than the White Legs and they already hate the NCR, making them prime choices for Legion recruitment
>Trading caravans are less safe than they were before because now they lack Graham's protection in Zion
>Even Daniel himself is not entirely satisfied

Typing that I wish there was more stuff on the 80s tribe, even if a modder decided to make their armor. Them and the Iron Lines I'd like to see make a game appearance.

Yeah, don't forget that each of his ending ends up bad for him like dreaming about Zion, getting nightmares about Sorrows being bloodlusted, etc.

Even 3 had some nice stuff in that vein, like finding the Keller family tapes or those logs from the Canterbury Commons search party. I still remember tracking down the source to a distress signal from a family with an injured kid and when you reach their bunker they're already skeletals.

But then they pull that same trick a bunch in 4 and it just loses any impact. They really amped up the skeleton death scenes in 4 in general.

JSawyer admitted HH was rushed, but nothing has been disclosed officially regarding what was going to be added. The lack of pro Legion ending stands out the most.

And Reborn is a complete revamp, meaning the original HH is disabled whilst you have the mod installed. All the items are carried over into the mod, but are used by different people. I think some mormon trader has Follow Chalks' hat.

I whole heartedly endorse TTW because F3 did have some elements which are really good and are akin to what Fallout actually is. It's a shame it's like finding a diamond in sewage plant.

And by good elements, I mean The Pitt and Point Lookout. The rest of the DLC and vanilla game is garbage.

What are mods that you would recommend for the FO3 portion of TTW?

I've been using That Middle-Aged Guy in place of Lone Courier to see the differences in it.

>He uses VATS

Based.

I really enjoy the pitt.
Grey morale, good setting, scavenger hunt sidequest. 10/10
Point Lookout was too walking from place to place heavy for me but I didn't hate it, ghoul was great.
I like Operation Anchorage it's really fun at low levels especially with low skills.
Mothership Zeta was completely out of place but it's kind of nice as an "easter egg" setting if a bit long and with too many over powered items.
Broken Steel is lame. "Hey guys lets storm this Enclave facility and just bum rush the entire fucking thing instead of using any fucking tactics at all."
At least the final place lets you do it solo even if it has ANOTHER Good/Evil ending with no neutral or morale grey.
Main Story is awful.

Anyway, after a huge gap in playing fallout games I decided to replay FO3 using TTW.
It fixes a whole heap of issues I had with gameplay due to NV stuff but the setting/pacing is just still rather bad.
Quit my character after getting dad back and made a new character starting in NV.
NV low level is immediately fun and better paced.
I don't know what it was exactly but the DT on DC enemies just turned them into pure bullet sponges.
Brutes came out at level 5 and I had masters from level 10.
That felt wrong, something in TTW must be fucky.
I'm just rambling but I'm a little bored because my game keeps freezing on load screens.

Middle Aged Guy? I use Lone Courier for my TTW runs because the extra fourth dialogue cracks me up. I currently use:

>WMX for TTW: weapon mods for F3 weapons
>Lone Courier
>Most of the TTW optional plugins like DC reputations
>Capital Wasteland Recipes: Also turns all the prop barbecue stoves into recipe crafting stations
And this nexusmods.com/newvegas/mods/58139/? which is honestly one of the best armor mods I have seen on the nexus. Shame the guy has never made a version without TTW. It adds variety to all the raiders and Fiends.

Nuka World seems like it could be a really cool location....but knowing Bethesda it's full of shit and has a retarded story

Two words. Level Scaling.

You forget that TTW isn't "done" yet, and so they haven't adjusted each area to fit a certain level zone like FNV is. The higher level you get the more bullet spongey each enemy gets. Super Mutants are especially bad at this, but MCM can edit that out.

Honestly Anchorage was the most fun of the shit DLCs thanks to TTW. Ironsights and challenges make it seem less bad.

And TTW is going to fucking your loading screens. You are running two gamebryo games at once after all. I tend to turn off all the bloat NV mods off until I get to the Mojave when I run TTW.

>Super Mutants are especially bad at this, but MCM can edit that out.
That's the thing though, I had that setting on to make them weaker.

Massive problem with Bethesda story telling.
Cool locations are shit if they are inconsistent with everything else. The Oasis, Little Lamplight, Megaton etc all stand out because they were designed to be "quirky and unique!", but it doesn't make sense in the grand scheme of things.

Then again, nothing is consistent regarding F3/F4 and Fallout lore.

>Robot! Let me pass!

The only failed skill check I always attempt anyway

nexusmods.com/fallout3/mods/22070/?

Some of the lines in here I prefer to Lone Courier, others I dislike.

The armor looks kind of neat. I'll have to try it out eventually. I'm pretty sure I've got everything else you listed, but as I said, I'm currently using Middle-Aged Guy in place of Lone Courier.

One of the mods I never leave TTW without is Enclave Improvement Project, which gives you the choice to join the Enclave and remove Brotherhood.

I'm surprised people here are open to FO3 discussion. As bad as it was overall, like user said, there are some good points to it like Pitt and Lookout.

I recently got through Anchorage with JSawyer and some of Project Nevada. It wasn't so bad, but it's still Anchorage.

What does the Securitron respond with? I saw the option but decided not to pick it.

Strange. I think it's just down to TTW not being finished.

I was routing around in the TTW files in order to make the Mothership Zeta companion costumes wearable for the player, and I found an entirely cut train station made for the CW area. It's pretty much done only the doors are not connected to any in game location.