Largest rip off

Hey /biz
Tell me what you think is the biggest rip off.
Me: Wireworld cables at $1000 dollars for a hdmi cable!

Tequila .925. It's 3.5 million a bottle.

Lotto tickets

well there's probably some real diamonds on that bottle that you can resell.

> Agrees with user.
> Begins to wonder how these idiots who buys this crap even earn money.

It's gold plated with diamonds on it if I remember correctly.

But it's not nearly worth 3.5m

They've actually never sold a single bottle. Not one bottle. Thankfully people aren't this extravagant.

religion

College

brown rice. so fucking expensive and it does even taste the good.

Buying textbooks is a proper assfucking.

Full coverage auto insurance on your car. What a fucking joke.

> Drive a car worth $10k
> Full coverage costs $2k per year
> Minimum coverage costs $350 per year

Are people really totaling cars every 5 years?

I was a university professor for a while. I sat in on a meeting between department heads and the textbook companies.

College textbooks are 100% a scam, and collusion is heavily involved.

E D G E

looks like a little diamond encrusted poo on top of the bottle.

>professor contributes to a textbook
>requires it for class
>costs $300

so the truth is now considered edgy? people claiming to represent higher powers have scammed people since at least 3,500 BC while providing little themselves. it's a breath-takingly brilliant scheme. add up all the wealth of all the churches and religions in the world and tell me this is not the largest rip-off ever conceived.

and its still ongoing. sometimes it's better hidden. sometimes it's just a televangelist selling "holy pendants" or an "oracle" writing you letters about a future lottery win. they literally make money out of thin air and shamelessness.

oh, but not *your* religion of course. don't worry, user. yours is the one true faith, naturally.

Brown rice is like $1 for 2 pounds

>cocktail drinks when going out

PC gaming builds

>building a PC worth more then a console just to play a shit game thats is also on a console

i'v seen PC parts go for more money then a console

>muh frame rates

In the long run consoles are expensive.
PC are more than gaming machines.
You are saving lets say $80 but then you need games to play, And that is how they get you.
There is a fee on the copy you purchase example be COD $60 while the game itself is less on PC since it is a open platform.
Then theres online which cost pennies to deliver buy charge you $70 a year.
And don't get me started on accessoires.

some day that will be the only poos i deliver

its only worth it for your children

but its very worth it because theres like a 10% chance that your daughter will total someones brand new corvette

not just that

>Build $3500 PC
>Buy all games
>Nobody's online
>Buy older version of games
>Hackers everywhere

What's the point really Idk

I think the correct answer is that PCs are generally cheaper to to get the same graphics quality as a console. I'm not sure, I haven't actually done research. But most consoles at best double as DVD/BR/Netflix machines, whereas PCs can be used for real work, on top of being an all around more open platform. Consoles are more of a scam these days as already pointed out. Steam sales and humble bundle are both much cheaper in the long run, plus you can play with older platforms without shelling out for it.

if you want to play online games you buy a console like all the other plebs

There is nothing new under the sun; don't rag on about religion when men smarter than us have made many a good argument for and against it a long, long time ago.

Fucking plebs.
This whisky is $6.2 million.

I tell people this all the time.
Yet people rag on 'information marketers' for selling a $10 ebook.

>slightly changes it each year so he can call it a new edition
>says in class/on sylabus that you CANNOT USE PREVIOUS EDITIONS FOR THIS CLASS in the hopes that people wont buy second hand from students who took the class in previous years

I have an even worse one though, I remember when I was taking French in college the textbook we had to use (which was not particularly impressive) was authored by the department head, when I looked at the art credits I noticed all the illustrations were made by an artist who just happened to have the same last name as her.

>pc are more than gaming machines
true, but almost anything you can do on your extravagant gaming rig you can do on an extremely cheap barebones pc. I've built gaming PCs in the past but I stopped going all out when I thought about just how expensive it is compared to a console especially when most of the good PC exclusives aren't even graphics intensive at all and can be run fine on a laptop.

american houses

you need a pretty good computer for photo editing, video editing or even making music really. you can just barely get away with a low end pc for all of them but if you're not just memeing around a powerful rig helps a lot

Keep in mind that consoles retain their value overtime because of the games available in their library. PCs hold no redeeming qualities because they can all do the same things, and older hardware has no reason to stay on the market as newer products are released.

For example:
How many people are still buying Xbox 360s? They still have a demand because of their games.
Now ask how many people are buying PCs from 2005.

Both pieces of hardware came out in 2005, but only one still has demand.

In conclusion, consoles retain their value over time, and are a better investment in this regard.

Taxes.

Look at this serious response. You're mad at your dad kid.

Careful. I once knew a guy who tipped his fedora so hard he broke his neck.

hell yeah i'm mad. i want in on their business! sometimes i really do think i should have studied theology instead of law. you get a free house, you get servants, you get influence and you're basically set for life regardless of how much you scam people on top of your regular salary by the church. amazing!

don't think this has anything to do with my dad though. he died a decade ago and he always was an atheist before that.

The majority of the phytonutrients and other essential vitamins and minerals contained in rice are contained in the brown husk that gets removed when you polish and mill the rice.

White rice is the real ripoff, sempai.